PDA

View Full Version : Lassie Aggy not at all pleased

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/20/2011, 10:53 AM
Can't say as I like it much, either. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texas/7659012.html

Mongo
7/20/2011, 10:56 AM
babies.

badger
7/20/2011, 11:00 AM
Meh, OU might not get $300 mil, but it would probably get a nice deal if it were to stay with the Big 12.

The one thing I don't like about Bevo TV is that a Big 12 football game, along with likely other Big 12 sports, is getting stuck on it. It probably won't be us in football, but it would definitely be us and other Big 12 schools in other sports.

As such, they better fork over a chunk of that $300 mil to the other schools that are showing up on that channel.

MR2-Sooner86
7/20/2011, 11:02 AM
You reckon the network will still be viable if the Horns go 5 - 7 again?

:D

Partial Qualifier
7/20/2011, 11:03 AM
babies.

Srsly - whiny babies.

A school TV network won't give that school any measurable advantage over any other school in the conference. It does however benefit that school's fans, but big frigging deal.

Get over your UT penis envy and hire a decent football coach

Mongo
7/20/2011, 11:05 AM
Meh, OU might not get $300 mil, but it would probably get a nice deal if it were to stay with the Big 12.

The one thing I don't like about Bevo TV is that a Big 12 football game, along with likely other Big 12 sports, is getting stuck on it. It probably won't be us in football, but it would definitely be us and other Big 12 schools in other sports.

As such, they better fork over a chunk of that $300 mil to the other schools that are showing up on that channel.

exactly. want to hurt the bevo network, price them out. 10 mil everytime you replay a game of ours. they will be stuck showing the TSU and utep games.

the only draw back I see is them showing high school games of recruits. to me, that is similar to lighting up the scoreboard with the recruits name while he is on a recruiting visit, which is a violation.

DIB
7/20/2011, 11:26 AM
The LHN will be nationally televising high school games of players they are recruiting, both in the state of Texas and outside of it. Employees of the Longhorn Network will be interviewing these kids, as journalists, while being affiliated with that school. Those are clear violations of NCAA rules.

I don't give a **** if UT broadcasts their women's water polo games, but they should not be allowed to broadcast high school games.

SoCaliSooner
7/20/2011, 11:40 AM
Texas is going to broadcast 30 high school football games. You take a high school recruit, put him on your network and give him national exposure, along with Mack Brown putting his star players on coaches shows, and pimping them in the media and it gives texas a huge upswing in recruiting.

I've mentioned before that Texas' network is going to put Texas football players on TV for their friends and family and the nation to see. While the Big 12 is airing a Kansas vs. Texas Tech track meet.

ESPN isn't going to let this venture fail so it will do all it can to keep Texas a marquee team.

49r
7/20/2011, 11:58 AM
So that means that Texas will continue to win recruiting national championships then?

Good for them. I'd rather win championships that come in December and January, though.

SoCaliSooner
7/20/2011, 12:08 PM
So that means that Texas will continue to win recruiting national championships then?

Good for them. I'd rather win championships that come in December and January, though.

We've been streaky against them and they against us as far as wins in a row. If they land the Adrian Petersons every time or gain the upper hand in the state Oklahoma recruits heaviest, it will be fairly easy to see Oklahoma struggling against a team that has a heavily decided PR advantage.

OUMallen
7/20/2011, 12:13 PM
Srsly - whiny babies.

A school TV network won't give that school any measurable advantage over any other school in the conference. It does however benefit that school's fans, but big frigging deal.

Uhhh, is money not measurable?

OUMallen
7/20/2011, 12:15 PM

You're not much of a Sooner fan if you concede to Texas their pick of the litter when it comes to recruits.

Good god people. You shouldn't want them to do ANYTHING well vis-a-vis athletics, much less put together a TV network. A&M has this one right. We've enjoyed success against them under Bob, and I think that's making a bunch of you feel falsely confident and soft.

Root against them all the time in everything. It takes ONE Adrian Peterson to go to UT to drastically increase their chances of whipping us.

Mongo
7/20/2011, 12:30 PM
which one of you dildos just called in the to the sports animal and used my score board reference?:D

Partial Qualifier
7/20/2011, 12:58 PM
Uhhh, is money not measurable?

I'm talking about on-the-field advantages. With scholarship limits being what they are, and the fact that many Texas kids simply do not like Texas and don't want to go there, there is no point in us (or A&M) getting all butt-hurt. This isn't going to create some "funnel all the best recruits to Texas" scenario.

Now if they could funnel some of that revenue into a better talent-evaluation program... :D

A&M isn't East Popcorn State, they have a huge endowment in their own right -- so if they feel like this is the end of your world, they should stfu and do something about it

Besides, as mentioned already: Texas already squanders on a yearly basis much bigger recruiting advantages than this thing could provide, even in a best-case scenario.

soonercruiser
7/21/2011, 11:15 PM
Srsly - whiny babies.

I think that A&M probably met to make sure they could get the UT channel on their cable provider.
:P