PDA

View Full Version : My 10 Year Reunion

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 03:35 PM
Well, it's coming up in September. They've been organizing the thing since May. Now, keep in mind that I graduated with a class of around 100...90% of whom I went to school with for 12 years and we have nearly all kept in close contact the last 10 years. Hell, most of them see each other on a daily basis and didn't move outside of the FTG-Tahlequah-Muskogee axis. What I'm getting across here is...what's the point of going to all this trouble to organize this shin dig? I mean we didn't grow up in the 50's....our ability to keep in electronic communication has been pretty good over the years.

Anyway, if it were me I'd just rent a dance hall somewhere...bring in a bartender and hire a cheap DJ then call it a night but what the hell do I know? As it is, this is going to be a two-day affair involving a dinner somewhere in Muskogee and then a showing of our old senior video and some new slideshow they're putting together of then/now pics of everyone. Let's be honest here...the only thing most people want to do is drink. Granted a healthy portion of my class are so-called Baptists but they were iffy in HS so surely they've dropped the need to keep up appearances after all these years.

One thing that really bothers me about this is whether or not I want to show up. I still love my classmates deeply. I didn't just go to HS with these people, I went to K-12 with these people and grew up with them year after year after year. Plus, I loved HS so none of that is my issue. My problem with going is that there were some pretty high expectations of me by teachers and others when I graduated HS and I have failed to live up to every single expectation there was. The people I thought would be in prison by now have degrees, good jobs, and great families. I have years spent in an expensive *** private school with NOTHING to show for it aside from bad health and a chip on my shoulder.

On the upside, I'm assured there will be alcohol.

The
7/19/2011, 03:38 PM
Tell them you invented Post-it notes.

soonerchk
7/19/2011, 03:43 PM
My problem with going is that there were some pretty high expectations of me by teachers and others when I graduated HS and I have failed to live up to every single expectation there was. The people I thought would be in prison by now have degrees, good jobs, and great families. I have years spent in an expensive *** private school with NOTHING to show for it aside from bad health and a chip on my shoulder.

You'll be the life of the party!

saucysoonergal
7/19/2011, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't go. By my ten year I had a law degree.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/19/2011, 03:49 PM
Tell them you are Sicem's twin brother, separated at birth, and he can't make it, so he sent you.

soonerchk

By my 10 year I was back to be a college student and paying palimony. I had the best bio there other than the guy who was the plumber to the stars!

The
I got naked at my 10 year.

NormanPride
7/19/2011, 03:50 PM
Who the hell cares what expectations they had of you? You are who you are. If you grew up with them and they love you like you love them then they won't care.

Who knows, maybe someone will have gotten hot and confess they had a crush on you.

Jammin'
7/19/2011, 03:51 PM
I skipped my 20 year last weekend to do other things that I thought would be more fun. Only 35 of my classmates turned up for the reunion from a class of 275, so it turns out I wasn't alone in my thinking.

NormanPride
7/19/2011, 03:53 PM
All 35 were glad that you didn't go.

WichitaSooner
7/19/2011, 03:58 PM
I graduated as 1 of 14.... we didn't get together for 10 year... We're not getting together this year for our 20 year... Probably has something to do with the fact that the rest of them all still live in po-dunk and have a "reuinion" every other day...

Oh, one of the 14 died in a car/train accident (train won that one) a few years back. So we DID all get together for that one... And it was enough to make me realize that I'm not even a little bit upset that we didn't have any reuinions.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 04:10 PM
Who the hell cares what expectations they had of you? You are who you are. If you grew up with them and they love you like you love them then they won't care.

Who knows, maybe someone will have gotten hot and confess they had a crush on you.

There was one girl...we should have dated. In addition to everything else, we worked together. She was so easy to be around and we just matched up really well together. I was told once she waited a long time for me to ask her out but she knew I never would. The last time I saw her was Xmas break my fish year at Baylor. She was about to join the army so we went ice skating in Tulsa then dinner and a movie.

I asked if she was going but she lives in Alaska now and is married with a rugrat. So she can't make it.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 04:12 PM

This post may have hurt...thankfully I don't haveany self-esteem left to lose. ;)

The
7/19/2011, 04:14 PM
This post may have hurt...thankfully I don't haveany self-esteem left to lose. ;)

Sure you do... football season is about to start.

GDC
I went to my ten year, was voted the person who had changed the most. Still not sure if that was a good or bad thing. Had a great time, but haven't been able to make one since. Rolling up on the 30th :eek:

NormanPride
There was one girl...we should have dated. In addition to everything else, we worked together. She was so easy to be around and we just matched up really well together. I was told once she waited a long time for me to ask her out but she knew I never would. The last time I saw her was Xmas break my fish year at Baylor. She was about to join the army so we went ice skating in Tulsa then dinner and a movie.

I asked if she was going but she lives in Alaska now and is married with a rugrat. So she can't make it.
:(

Go if you want to see your friends, and don't worry about how you're doing. Your friends will be glad to see you.

soonervegas
7/19/2011, 04:18 PM
Bring a friend and come as these guys....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myVGymFLRRI

You will be a hit.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 04:18 PM
:(

Go if you want to see your friends, and don't worry about how you're doing. Your friends will be glad to see you.

Oh Ill go. Id feel left out if I didn't. Plus, if it sucks, maybe Ill have my BA by the 20th!

soonerchk
7/19/2011, 04:26 PM
All 35 were glad that you didn't go.

Technically, he wasn't even invited.

Jammin'
7/19/2011, 04:31 PM
Technically, he wasn't even invited.

Crossed a line chk. I was pestered non-stop for the last two weeks (on fb no less) to attend. they even tried the lame "but you were a senior class officer" speil at one point.

(hey, someone had to be Senior Class secretary)

OUMallen
7/19/2011, 04:33 PM
Rules to live by:

1. People think about you a lot less often than you think they think about you.
2. High school reunions are usually way more fun than you think they'd be.
3. Alcohol and a trip to the home town = worthwhile.

The Profit
7/19/2011, 04:33 PM
You'll be the life of the party!

LMFAO

soonerchk
7/19/2011, 04:34 PM
Crossed a line chk. I was pestered non-stop for the last two weeks (on fb no less) to attend. they even tried the lame "but you were a senior class officer" speil at one point.

(hey, someone had to be Senior Class secretary)

Why do I suddenly picture you as Urkel?

mgsooner
Didn't go to mine. Didn't have a second thought about missing it.

yermom
Oh Ill go. Id feel left out if I didn't. Plus, if it sucks, maybe Ill have my BA by the 20th!

i have my BS in time for my 20th. made it by 3 years :D

everyone at my 10 year seemed like they were either married with kids, or had a graduate degree

our astrophysicist valedictorian couldn't be bothered to show up...

NormanPride
7/19/2011, 04:36 PM
I can't even remember who our valedictorian was. The top 20-30 had about a .057 difference in GPA. We had a class of overachievers.

Mississippi Sooner
7/19/2011, 04:38 PM
I can't even remember who our valedictorian was. The top 20-30 had about a .057 difference in GPA. We had a class of overachievers.

Man, that's like the polar opposite of my graduating class. Our valedictorian didn't even have a 4.0. I think he was about a 3.7. One of our class sponsors called us the most underachieving class he'd ever seen. Yay, us!

Jammin'
7/19/2011, 04:38 PM
Why do I suddenly picture you as Urkel?

I'm not that skinny, but the rest is spot on.

NormanPride
7/19/2011, 04:40 PM
You should feel proud. Or, y'know, not. Whatever.

The Profit
7/19/2011, 04:41 PM
I was on the committee for the 10 year reunion from a class of 625. One guy wrote in wanting to know if there were any other millionaires in the class. He showed up with a 5 series Benz, and acted like an azz.

Ten years later, I was on the committee again. In fact, I wrote and produced a video for the reunion dinner. That same guy was back again, but was no longer a millionaire. In fact, he was divorced and teaching school in a public school district. He couldn't even afford to buy a copy of the video. Instead, he video taped the video as it played on the screen.

The 30 year get-together was much more fun. No one was full of themself. We just played golf, drank beer, and told old war stories. We have just begun to plan the 40th for next year.

soonervegas
7/19/2011, 04:44 PM
Rules to live by:

1. People think about you a lot less often than you think they think about you.

Not entirely true. Guys think about girls or "the one that got away" from their highschool class probably once per day....

The girls, they will probably need to look at your name tag to remember who you were.

The lesson here: Women a heartless monsters.

mgsooner
7/19/2011, 04:45 PM
I was on the committee for the 10 year reunion from a class of 625. One guy wrote in wanting to know if there were any other millionaires in the class. He showed up with a 5 series Benz, and acted like an azz.

Ten years later, I was on the committee again. In fact, I wrote and produced a video for the reunion dinner. That same guy was back again, but was no longer a millionaire. In fact, he was divorced and teaching school in a public school district. He couldn't even afford to buy a copy of the video. Instead, he video taped the video as it played on the screen.

The 30 year get-together was much more fun. No one was full of themself. We just played golf, drank beer, and told old war stories. We have just begun to plan the 40th for next year.

A "millionaire" should be able to afford more than a 5 series.

The Profit
7/19/2011, 04:49 PM
A "millionaire" should be able to afford more than a 5 series.

it was probably rented.

mgsooner
7/19/2011, 04:53 PM
it was probably rented.

Sounds like the typical Dallas "50 thousand dollar millionaire". He probably drove it back to his apartment complex that night.

royalfan5
7/19/2011, 04:59 PM
5 Series is not a Benz.

Also, I skipped mine to go to Texas and drink beer with family and watch my cousin Graduate. I don't think I missed out as out of a class of 14, there wasn't that much to catch up on.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 05:01 PM
Man, that's like the polar opposite of my graduating class. Our valedictorian didn't even have a 4.0. I think he was about a 3.7. One of our class sponsors called us the most underachieving class he'd ever seen. Yay, us!

We had a graduating class of 100. We had more but we had a lot of drop outs.

So when we hit 100 late our senior year, I made a 50.00 bet with one of my friends that we'd lose at least one more. It looked like I was going to lose some money until I found out one of the more intellectually challenged kids was thinking of dropping out. He had some pretty awesome wood working skills that he planned to develop and turn into a career. I told him he didn't need a degree for that and if he left now he could already start making money. He ended up staying in school.

However, I didn't pay on the bet on a technicality. One guy in our class over slept and missed rehearsal and anyone who missed rehearsal was not allowed to walk. Therefore we only had 99 and I refused to pay. I was a dick.

FTG takes its graduations seriously. I've been to other HS graduations that looked like they were organized by a group of toddlers (I'm looking at you Purcell).

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 05:04 PM
The lesson here: Women a heartless monsters.

This.

stevo
7/19/2011, 05:05 PM
Mine was two weeks ago and I skipped it. Glad I did, because word from a friend who went was that everyone there had their own woeful tale of divorce and bastard children

i wouldn't have had any cool stories for them

NormanPride
7/19/2011, 05:13 PM
My reunion must have been strange. Everyone was nice, nobody was griping about divorce, and I think only a couple had kids.

Of course, I think they priced the damn thing so high that everyone with financial troubles was forced to skip.

Actually, that's pretty clever...

OU Adonis
7/19/2011, 05:15 PM
Go to the reunion so you can lie to them and say you have had sex...

With a woman...

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 05:24 PM
Go to the reunion so you can lie to them and say you have had sex...

With a woman...

Non-issue. Remember, you think a few SicEmEx threads are bad...these people lived all that **** live except the college years.

texaspokieokie
7/19/2011, 05:59 PM

go to the reunion. i guarantee you'll have a great time !!!!!

olevetonahill
7/19/2011, 06:03 PM
Ya need to go as a service to yer former class mates .

Let em take Pics and then they can use you as a bad example to show their kids.

jk the sooner fan
7/19/2011, 06:09 PM
if you're as close to them as you say - dont they already know that you havent lived up to whatever expectations you and others placed on yourself?

reunions arent really supposed to be a competition - go and have fun - thats what they're all about

soonerchk
7/19/2011, 06:13 PM
Our Student Council president came out at our 10 year reunion, and our Senior class president missed the reunion because he was in prison.

Yay Tulsa!

Forgot to mention that the all state everything superjock is a homeless crackhead

7/19/2011, 06:38 PM
Forgot to mention that the all state everything superjock is a homeless crackheadafter only 10 yrs out of HS. How sad!

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 06:50 PM
if you're as close to them as you say - dont they already know that you havent lived up to whatever expectations you and others placed on yourself?

reunions arent really supposed to be a competition - go and have fun - thats what they're all about

Yep. They know the generalities. It's the details I don't want to get into but surely they won't all dwell on that ****. I still want to see everyone.

Mjcpr
7/19/2011, 06:53 PM
They will, but behind your back.

Like we do.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2011, 07:00 PM

Like we do.

Hell, that's fine by me as long as I don't know about it!

My Opinion Matters
7/19/2011, 07:25 PM
Our Student Council president came out at our 10 year reunion, and our Senior class president missed the reunion because he was in prison.

Yay Tulsa!

Forgot to mention that the all state everything superjock is a homeless crackhead

Holy carp! Did you graduate from Rogers too?

soonerchk
7/19/2011, 07:45 PM
after only 10 yrs out of HS. How sad!

That was for the 20th.

Holy carp! Did you graduate from Rogers too?

No but my mom did.

tcrb
7/19/2011, 09:15 PM
Hell, that's fine by me as long as I don't know about it!

Then you're golden. It's almost a guarantee they'll wait for the drive home to trash you. And anyone who does trash you wont be your real friends anyway, so go and have a good time.

Jammin'
7/19/2011, 10:44 PM

Like we do.

And anyone who does trash you wont be your real friends anyway, so go and have a good time.

OR

I'd like to buy a vowel.

StoopTroup
7/19/2011, 11:36 PM
Have fun!

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 03:31 AM
I have never gone back for any of mine. I would like to but they always spread everything out over 3-4 days. Everyone wants to attend a different thing and I'm only interested in maybe one evening. If I'm taking that much time I'm leaving the country.

Most of the people seem to be happy they went. Except they always end up hanging with people they didn't like way back when.

I don't want to hang with anyone I disliked. Even if I were to find that I dislike the people I used to like. Not sure I am a good candidate for HS reunions.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2011, 03:46 AM
I have never gone back for any of mine. I would like to but they always spread everything out over 3-4 days. Everyone wants to attend a different thing and I'm only interested in maybe one evening. If I'm taking that much time I'm leaving the country.

Most of the people seem to be happy they went. Except they always end up hanging with people they didn't like way back when.

I don't want to hang with anyone I disliked. Even if I were to find that I dislike the people I used to like. Not sure I am a good candidate for HS reunions.

I'm pretty confident I'm still going to dislike the same people, but there aren't many. I'll tell you what will be interesting: My class pretty much got along with fairly minor and few exceptions...however my 8th grade year this girl sh9ws up who was the biggest trouble making bitch you've ever seen. She had a knack for going around and manipulating and playing people off each other. She caused sooo many problems. She was the bitch-mother of chaos. Her dad owns several places around Muskogee. I look forward to seeing if she shows up.

The guy organizing all of this was my first best-friend. He and I were friends since we were 5. We had a major falling out in 8th grade over politics...it was the '96 election. All through HS we had these huge blow-up arguments in class...in the halls...in the cafeteria. Politics destroyed our friendship. He now works for a Democrat congressman now. I really want to patch things up with him.

WichitaSooner
7/20/2011, 10:01 AM
5 Series is not a Benz.

Also, I skipped mine to go to Texas and drink beer with family and watch my cousin Graduate. I don't think I missed out as out of a class of 14, there wasn't that much to catch up on.

Did we go to school together? lol

I'm pretty confident I'm still going to dislike the same people, but there aren't many. I'll tell you what will be interesting: My class pretty much got along with fairly minor and few exceptions...however my 8th grade year this girl sh9ws up who was the biggest trouble making bitch you've ever seen. She had a knack for going around and manipulating and playing people off each other. She caused sooo many problems. She was the bitch-mother of chaos. Her dad owns several places around Muskogee. I look forward to seeing if she shows up.

The guy organizing all of this was my first best-friend. He and I were friends since we were 5. We had a major falling out in 8th grade over politics...it was the '96 election. All through HS we had these huge blow-up arguments in class...in the halls...in the cafeteria. Politics destroyed our friendship. He now works for a Democrat congressman now. I really want to patch things up with him.

holy crap... You are almost 30 and you sound like a teenager. Is your life really still this full of drama and teen angst?

Chuck Bao
7/20/2011, 01:11 PM
I think you should go Sic'em and to hell with them if they are judging you.

I went to my first high school reunion last year, which was my 30th. I was a bit nervous about it, but I had the time of my life. It was a week-long affair with a golf match and nightly parties at the homes and lake houses of my old classmates. It culminated in a Saturday all-nighter at the Choctaw Casino near Durant, as most of us got rooms there and kept partying until sunrise.

My graduating class was about 60. I was voted "most likely to succeed", but it seems that all of my old classmates did very, very well for themselves. I couldn't be any happier for them. I have to admit that I was a bit of a jerk in high school and more than a bit arrogant. Nobody seemed to remember any of that. We all just laughed and joked about all the dumb stuff we did way back then. Renewing those old friendships turned into a pretty cool deal.

GDC
7/20/2011, 01:26 PM
Everybody's coming back to take stock of their lives. You know what I say? Leave your livestock alone.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2011, 03:20 PM
Did we go to school together? lol

holy crap... You are almost 30 and you sound like a teenager. Is your life really still this full of drama and teen angst?

Angst? I said I was going many posts ago. It's angstto say I want to patch things up with an old friend?

My OP wasn't angst -- I just couldn't figure outwhy they were making the planning so complicated considering the size of our class.

No angst here.

The Profit
7/20/2011, 03:29 PM
5 Series is not a Benz.

My bad. I thought a 1982 500 SL would be considered "5-Series."

BigJerm7
7/20/2011, 03:31 PM
Who the hell cares what expectations they had of you?

Bingo. Go. Have fun. I'm guessing no one even cares that you're not a doctor by now. You'll have a good time. You'll realize the stuff that was important back in the day doesn't make a flip now.

StoopTroup
7/20/2011, 03:34 PM
Roll in with a shopping cart full of stuff.

WichitaSooner
7/20/2011, 03:45 PM
Angst? I said I was going many posts ago. It's angstto say I want to patch things up with an old friend?

My OP wasn't angst -- I just couldn't figure outwhy they were making the planning so complicated considering the size of our class.

No angst here.

Just reading it all, it came off as A LOT of drama and consideration for someone that is almost 30 to be thinking about regarding their 10 year reunion... I agree with this:

Bingo. Go. Have fun. I'm guessing no one even cares that you're not a doctor by now. You'll have a good time. You'll realize the stuff that was important back in the day doesn't make a flip now.

My bad. I thought a 1982 500 SL would be considered "5-Series."

Actually it's an SL500, so it's an "SL." Bavarian Motor Works uses the numbers for model "classes" whereas Benz uses the letters and opts to use the number to denote the engine size, typically. SL500 would be an SL with a 5 liter engine...

The Profit
7/20/2011, 03:59 PM
Just reading it all, it came off as A LOT of drama and consideration for someone that is almost 30 to be thinking about regarding their 10 year reunion... I agree with this:

Actually it's an SL500, so it's an "SL." Bavarian Motor Works uses the numbers for model "classes" whereas Benz uses the letters and opts to use the number to denote the engine size, typically. SL500 would be an SL with a 5 liter engine...

Yeah, I had an '86 635 CSI so I know a little about Beamers. I really don't know anything much about Mercedes though.

ouduckhunter
7/20/2011, 06:29 PM
You need to go!! For all you know, there is some lovely lady who is hoping that you will be there, so why miss out on that possibility!

I went to my 35th reunion last month, and it was a blast! I had a really good time at 10 and the 20 too, but the 35th was the best!

cccasooner2
7/20/2011, 07:11 PM
Ya need to go as a service to yer former class mates .

Let em take Pics and then they can use you as a bad example to show their kids.

LOL. Always Mr. N. Guy.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2011, 08:41 PM
LOL. Always Mr. N. Guy.

Vet tells the truth. He feels like a great-uncle.

SicEmBaylor
9/11/2011, 07:19 PM
So, I had my reunion this last Friday/Saturday. Such as it was... Here's a report of what all went down with the names of the people changed for obvious reasons. This is a modified version of an e-mail I sent to a friend of mine wanting to know how things went.

The fail is strong in my class.

Thursday night, "Bob" sends out an email telling us the dinner on Friday night was cancelled due to the fact that only 4 people had said they were attending. 96% of my graduating class couldn't be bothered to show up. Nonetheless, "Bob" told us that if anyone wanted to get together "informally" for drinks at the same place/time then he'd be there. Drinks are something that I'm always game for, so I showed up at at the designated location @ 8 as per his instruction. "Bob" and his wife are both there along with "Susan" and her husband (a dude from Salisaw that I went to HOBY with my sophomore year). I saunter up to the bar next to "Bob" and order my first (but definitely not my last) beer. I don't know why they were all sitting at the bar since it makes it almost impossible to carry on a conversation with anyone except for the people sitting immediately next to you. If they had pulled a table or two together, we could have all engaged in a group discussion (that sounds dirty). "Bob's" wife, by the way, is ready to blow at any moment...I'm amazed her water didn't break while we were sitting there. A few more people eventually showed up. All included we had: "Bob", "Bill", "Joe", "Susan", "Meg", and myself. "Joe" eventually had the bright idea that we move outside to the patio area. That's when "Meg" showed up, and I think she was drunk before she arrived at the bar. All night long she reminded me of that drunk blonde woman from Glee. At any rate, "Bob" told me that he had a lot of people who refused to come to the dinner because they refused to set foot in a bar (namely "Addy" and "Jen"). I find that to be extraordinarily ridiculous. I drank 6 beers before deciding that I'd hit my limit and headed home...thankfully home was only a few blocks away since I'd been drinking AND I was blind. So, the dinner and the shin-dig at the school itself was cancelled but not the BBQ at the park across from the river.

I got lost on my way to the BBQ. I missed that turn immediately after you go over the bridge and went about 10 miles down the road before I realized that I'd driven way the hell too far. The first person I see when I get there is "Ted" and his wife. There's a lot that I can say at this point about "Ted", but suffice it to say he's always been one weird *** and somewhat creepy dude. He hasn't changed one iota. As strange as his wedding was, I expected his wife to be just as moonbatty, but she was surprisingly normal (comparatively speaking). There were a lot more people at the BBQ since the teetotalers showed up along with their families. "Bob", "Ted", "Susan","Meg", "Addy", "Randy", "Todd", "Jen", and "Ned" and their associated families/kids all showed up. Oh, "Tad" of all people was there. Someone pointed out that he wasn't even in our class, but he heard about the free food and decided to show up. "Meg" is dumber than a sack of nails. She brought this electric-fly swat thing that looks like a small tennis racket. One of the kids picked it up and she said, "Oh, don't touch the metal part or it'll shock you!" So what does she do as she is saying this? She touches the metal part. "Bob" just looked at her and said, "Oh my God. Wow."

A few observations:
-My class has not distinguished itself too much.
-"Randy's" wife looks a LOT like sister.
-"Ned" and "Jen" look and act exactly the same.
-"Meg" was probably drunk and still dumber than a sack of nails.
- "Bob" still does not regret running against me in 8th grade.
-"Jon" has something of a jerkier attitude than I remember him having.
-"Jen's" daughter looks exactly like her especially when "Jen" was about that age.
-"Charlie's" BBQ is absolutely freaking AMAZING. (He catered and was 2 classes behind ours)
-"Tad" is a teacher now which really makes me concerned for our youth.

The biggest disappointment was not seeing anyone that I really really wanted to see (namely "Sara" (who I should have dated through HS), "Amber", and "Brady"). The most surprising thing was all of the people who I always expected to show up were no-shows ("Amber", "Hannah", "Seth", etc.) I realize at about this point that you couldn't care less about anything that I've just typed, but I'm already too far into this post to quit now. I'm going to spare you all of the bitching I could do about getting grilled 1,000 times on why I haven't graduated from school, what I'm doing now, yadda yadda yadda

That's pretty much the extent of it. I noticed that not one single person took one single photo the entire time we were there. I think that says a lot about what everyone thought of the event and those attending.

The End.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/11/2011, 08:18 PM
So, I had my reunion this last Friday/Saturday. Such as it was... Here's a report of what all went down.

I noticed that not one single person took one single photo the entire time we were there. I think that says a lot about what everyone thought of the event and those attending.

The End.

FIFY

sooner ngintunr
9/11/2011, 08:51 PM
You just won the award for most quotation marks used in one single post. hazaa!

I take it you didn't "get laid"? That story would have been "cool".

soonerhubs
9/11/2011, 09:01 PM
Tell us more!

Tell us more!

Soonerfan88
9/11/2011, 09:07 PM
I was already in the area so showed up for one night of my 10th. Then I was guilted into going back for my 20th. Neither was worth the effort and I probably won't go again until 40 or 50, if I'm still alive.

SicEm, next time you want to see your old HS buddies just set up your own weekend plans and forget the reunions.

JohnnyMack
9/11/2011, 10:14 PM
It's called Facebook. YWIA.

OutlandTrophy
9/12/2011, 12:55 AM
I'm glad it wasn't terrible. Maybe the folks that didn't show up will for the next one and it will be more fun.

TUSooner
9/12/2011, 08:21 AM
Go. Maybe someone will offer you a job.

SicEmBaylor
9/12/2011, 12:38 PM
Go. Maybe someone will offer you a job.

I think I've decided not to go.

olevetonahill
9/12/2011, 01:31 PM
This is about the Class of 57 but works just as well for ANY Class year.:fat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAWOgXMeldU

TUSooner
9/12/2011, 03:24 PM
I think I've decided not to go.

I went to my 30-year because I happend to be in OKC due to Katrina. I had the pleasure of talking to a one person I hadn't seen in a long time, but otherwise, it was a waste of time. The socialites in charge of the deal didn't talk to me in HS, and -- surprise -- they didn;t talk to me at the reunion either. The less glamorous people I liked and hung with in school didn't come at all. I doubt you'll be sorry for missing it.

9/12/2011, 03:35 PM
I went to my 30-year because I happend to be in OKC due to Katrina. I had the pleasure of talking to a one person I hadn't seen in a long time, but otherwise, it was a waste of time. The socialites in charge of the deal didn't talk to me in HS, and -- surprise -- they didn;t talk to me at the reunion either. The less glamorous people I liked and hung with in school didn't come at all. I doubt you'll be sorry for missing it.LOOK OUT! for the FLYING WET BLANKETS!

KantoSooner
9/12/2011, 04:03 PM
I went to mine two years ago and it was quite funny. Mostly spent three days lolling around the pool like sea going mammals and making runs to the pool bar when I lost at rock/paper/scissors.
The most striking thing was how little everyone had changed. The stoner was still a stoner...but is now a judge. Interesting career choice, there. Our class party girl managed to sleep with two married guys. One wife drank way too much and managed to mangle her car....without getting out of a parking space. The kids ran amok like a pack of Visigoths and it's a wonder they didn't light the place on fire.
No one knows who ate the 'Grands' biscuits that had been laid in for Sunday breakfast...but they had an interesting culinary experience as the oven was disconnected and thus the dough could not have been cooked. (See above comment about 'His Honor'. Suspicions abounded).
I really can't wait for the next one. I'm sending party girl money for arobics classes.

9/12/2011, 04:27 PM
HAHA!