PDA

View Full Version : Preaseason All Big 12

The Maestro
7/19/2011, 02:59 PM
Preaseason means NOTHING...but here it is.

Travis Defensive POY...Blackmon Offensive POY.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071911aab.html

Surprised we have two first teamers on DL...and Blake Gideon as first teamer DB?!?!? I'm fine if he is their best.

No whorns on first team offense.

htownsooner7
7/19/2011, 03:05 PM
Surprised by Hurst instead of Fleming, but maybe the suspension issue played a part. Also surprised that Finch is on it. I like him, but don't know if he's earned that much cred just yet.

badger
7/19/2011, 03:08 PM
Pbbbth. Justin Blackmon didn't record one lousy touchdown, one lousy catch or even ONE LOUSY YARD against crappy, unspectacular Kansas State last season. If Blackmon couldn't prove his worth against the likes of Little Apple and Older Man Snyder (who is actually older than Old Man Weeden), then he doesn't deserve this honor!

(cmon angry poke lurkers... I know you wanna copy/paste this and flame about us ignorant gooners not knowing what we're talking about... do it!)

SoonerofAlabama
7/19/2011, 03:18 PM
So the Oklahoma players on this list are:

WR Ryan Broyles
C Ben Habern
QB Landry Jones
RB Roy Finch

DL Frank Alexander
DL Ronnell Lewis
LB Travis Lewis
DB Demontre Hurst
PR Ryan Broyles

I am not sure about Finch, he should be the starter come September, but with the stable we have I don't know if he will get to this level. I could see Alexander being on this list, but Ronnell is questionable becasue we don't know if he will even qualify. I could see Hurst being at this level, but if you put him on here, I think you should put Fleming on. He should get his starting job back I imagine by the time we play Tulsa. And Travis Lewis as Defensive POY would be a great way to end his career at OU.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/19/2011, 03:39 PM
Some of those picks are a little mind boggling. I love Finch, but I think the Texas aTm rb should have made the list

SoonerofAlabama
7/19/2011, 03:41 PM
Some of those picks are a little mind boggling. I love Finch, but I think the Texas aTm rb should have made the list

Finch and him tied so they made a third running back spot and put him in it.

oudavid1
7/19/2011, 06:38 PM
Ronnell Lewis has to be the most overrated player the last 2 years.

goingoneight
7/19/2011, 06:45 PM
ummm... no. Sorry, David. You can't call a guy who manages to stay on the field without a true position overrated. And he's had a lot of big moments so far.

CowboyMRW
7/19/2011, 07:02 PM
ummm... no. Sorry, David. You can't call a guy who manages to stay on the field without a true position overrated. And he's had a lot of big moments so far.

Is your sig from GoPokes or OrangePower?

OSUAggie
7/19/2011, 08:14 PM
I can't tell if this is the Media list, or the "Big 12 list" (Beebe's picks, I guess), or the Coaches list, or what. So I'll just ignore how ****tily it's compiled.

SoonerofAlabama
7/19/2011, 08:25 PM
I can't tell if this is the Media list, or the "Big 12 list" (Beebe's picks, I guess), or the Coaches list, or what. So I'll just ignore how ****tily it's compiled.

This is the media's list.

soonerprices
7/19/2011, 09:16 PM
How are the pokes functioning without Weeden on the list?

I bet R Allen is just ignoring that it exists.

oudavid1
7/20/2011, 01:14 AM

Without a position...exactly! He is not good enough at linebacker and we are thin at DE. He is an average player at best. He made big hits in a bowl game and we fall in love. And this isnt the pros, we are not loaded at every position.

NMSooner'80
7/20/2011, 09:20 AM
How are the pokes functioning without Weeden on the list?

I bet R Allen is just ignoring that it exists.

Someone will have to update those of us not in that area how quickly he went nutso on the air about it. But, maybe he is somehow embarrassed about the "three QB's at OSU who are better than Bradford" comments in pre-season 2007, or whatever he was along that line that he boldly predicted.

OUVarsityXV
7/20/2011, 09:25 AM
This Malcolm Brown kid is really good, but I just don't know if he gets it going the way everyone is thinking he will.