PDA

View Full Version : What is the Real, Natural Debt Ceiling for the USA?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/19/2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it's kinda silly that we are going to raise the debt ceiling again, pushing our creditors to the limit, and flirting with goading them into calling those loans. Hey, it's just paper. no biggee. right?

GKeeper316
7/19/2011, 02:36 PM
"defecits don't matter"

-dick cheney

Aldebaran
7/19/2011, 02:37 PM
I'm with penis cheney.

7/19/2011, 02:38 PM
"defecits don't matter"

-dick cheneyI don't think Dick Cheney had in mind the federal govt. taking ownership of the American economy haha...or ballooning the debt to what now, 14 TRILLION DOLLARS.WOW! that's almost real money, ain't it?

GKeeper316
7/19/2011, 02:40 PM
I don't think Dick Cheney had in mind the federal govt. taking ownership of the American economy haha.

no he just help create the envoronment that made it necessary for the federal govt. to take control of the american economy.

i still dont get how you defend these *******s for what they've done over the last 10 years...

Aldebaran
7/19/2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, back when it was a rational 9 trillion, and we had a white president who loved America you could get away with such idle banter.

GKeeper316
7/19/2011, 02:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

bush still holds the record for increasing the debt.

7/19/2011, 02:42 PM
trolling for commies is oh, so easy.

7/19/2011, 02:44 PM
no he just help create the envoronment that made it necessary for the federal govt. to take control of the american economy.

i still dont get how you defend these *******s for what they've done over the last 10 years...So, Cheney changed his name to Barney Frank, Chris Dodd or Franklin Raines? I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

Aldebaran
7/19/2011, 02:46 PM
Richard Nixon was the last Republican president to lower the national debt?

Who loves tricky dick (besides the farmer)?

sappstuf
7/19/2011, 02:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

bush still holds the record for increasing the debt.

Normally an outgoing president would have signed the budget for the following year(2009 for Bush) and he should be held responsible for it. But in this case, the Dems in the House and Senate refused to pass a budget and instead passed continuing resolutions until Obama was sworn it so they could cram everything in it possible.

The budget was signed March 11th, 2009 by President Obama. That Wikipedia is wrong to put it under the Bush category.

3rdgensooner
7/19/2011, 02:50 PM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5536/commie.jpg

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 02:51 PM
trolling for commies is oh, so easy.

Your what 85 now Rush? You sure have seen and learned a lot over those years.

To bad your years have passed....
Ignorance was bliss huh?

7/19/2011, 02:51 PM
Lemme get this straight. Forcing lending institutions to make insane mortgage loans, Obamacare, expropriation of GM and Chrysler, prohibiting lots of energy production, inflationary printing of money etc. etc. etc. etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.,............................................. ..THAT DAM* CHENEY!

GKeeper316
7/19/2011, 02:52 PM
So, Cheney changed his name to Barney Frank, Chris Dodd or Franklin Raines? I DID NOT KNOW THAT!

try gramm-leach-bliley.

they are the reason all the banks failed.

sappstuf
7/19/2011, 02:52 PM
Richard Nixon was the last Republican president to lower the national debt?

Who loves tricky dick (besides the farmer)?

No. The only president to actually lower the debt was Ike.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.htm

Sooner_Tuf
7/19/2011, 02:53 PM
Which all our potential, all our resources, all our buying power, all our technology we shouldn't owe a dime to anyone.

7/19/2011, 02:53 PM
Your what 85 now Rush? You sure have seen and learned a lot over those years.

To bad your years have passed....
Ignorance was bliss huh?Welcome back. Your wisdom has been actually matched by some of the newcomers on this downward spiraling board.

JohnnyMack
7/19/2011, 02:56 PM
Hey Rushy, always trust the right, always trust big business. They're on your side.

NormanPride
7/19/2011, 02:57 PM
dolemite, I think he wants a "Yo Mama" battle with you.

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 02:58 PM
Welcome back. Your wisdom has been actually matched by some of the newcomers on this downward spiraling board.Its the unwilliness to bend a litttle, and maybe rationaly agree with the other just ohh... 10% of the time that made me leave.

Your's and others extreme hate and partisanship is what is killing this country.

Get out and do something in your community and quit listening to ****ing propaganda.

Aldebaran
7/19/2011, 02:59 PM
^ like.

3rdgensooner
7/19/2011, 02:59 PM
What Alde said.

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 03:01 PM
dolemite, I think he wants a "Yo Mama" battle with you.
He makes me ashamed to be a registered republican.

His unrelenting posting of bull**** that he heres on the radio is sickening.

At least the world will soon be rid of his archaic thought process soon.
I guess he needs this time to pass on his maddness before old age takes him away.

7/19/2011, 03:01 PM
Its the unwilliness to bend a litttle, and maybe rationaly agree with the other just ohh... 10% of the time that made me leave.

Your's and others extreme hate and partisanship is what is killing this country.

Get out and do something in your community and quit listening to ****ing propaganda.Unwillingnes of some to accept what's been put into warp-speed since the '06 election is what's killing the country. Shirley you're correct.on that assessment.

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 03:04 PM
Unwillingnes of some to accept what's been put into warp-speed since the '06 election is what's killing the country. Shirley you're correct.on that assessment.

There is not need to agrue with you. Its like arguing a person with aids. You're infected. No need in spoiled your last 10 years.

7/19/2011, 03:05 PM
He makes me ashamed to be a registered republican.

His unrelenting posting of bull**** that he heres on the radio is sickening.

At least the world will soon be rid of his archaic thought process soon.
I guess he needs this time to pass on his maddness before old age takes him away.Sig Heil Obama/Reid/Pelosi! In socialized medicine we thrive! haha. If you are a registered republican, I'm sure it's just to eff-up the republican primary election. Good for you, American!

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 03:07 PM
No I voted for Bush, and Bush again in 00, and 04. I voted for Obama because logic told me too, NOT THE RADIO.

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 03:08 PM
I got to go get me hair cut. Peace

3rdgensooner
7/19/2011, 03:09 PM
Godwin lives!!!!!!!

http://www.jasonguthrie.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/its-alive.jpg

7/19/2011, 03:10 PM
No I voted for Bush, and Bush again in 00, and 04. I voted for Obama because logic told me too, NOT THE RADIO.you might want to change from that logic show. He misguided you on that one.

Even Dirty Dingus McCain was better than OBeary the bear.

tommieharris91
7/19/2011, 03:14 PM
Godwin lives!!!!!!!

http://www.jasonguthrie.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/its-alive.jpg
Nazis?! You rang?

Ohh and in before ranting post defending RLIMC.

JohnnyMack
7/19/2011, 03:22 PM
Vote for Bachmann! She'll cure you of the gays!

49r
7/19/2011, 03:40 PM
Its the unwilliness to bend a litttle, and maybe rationaly agree with the other just ohh... 10% of the time that made me leave.

Get out and do something in your community and quit listening to ****ing propaganda.

This is strong, dude. Welcome back, :dolemite:!

7/19/2011, 03:44 PM
This is strong, dude. Welcome back, :dolemite:!Strong and wrong. haha, like what logic told him to do.

49r
7/19/2011, 04:13 PM
Strong and wrong. haha, like what logic told him to do.

Good thing we have folks like you out there. Solving the world's problems one South Oval thread at a time. Because, you know, that's the absolute most effective way to do it. Kudos to you, dude!

3rdgensooner
7/19/2011, 04:22 PM
Strong and wrong. haha, like what logic told him to do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/owned_etc/glib.jpg

diverdog
7/19/2011, 08:20 PM
Lemme get this straight. Forcing lending institutions to make insane mortgage loans, Obamacare, expropriation of GM and Chrysler, prohibiting lots of energy production, inflationary printing of money etc. etc. etc. etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.,............................................. ..THAT DAM* CHENEY!

Lending institutions were not forced to make insane loans,

7/19/2011, 08:44 PM
Lending institutions were not forced to make insane loans,Of course they weren't. They just did it so they could acquire toxic assets.

JohnnyMack
7/19/2011, 08:50 PM
Of course they weren't. They just did it so they could acquire toxic assets.

Which they sold to investors as AAA rated investments, took insurance policies against them betting they'd fail and then when the insurance company who wrote the policy (AIG) couldn't pay after the toxic assets did crumble, your government made sure the banks got 100 pennies on the dollar before any other creditors got any money. Your tax payer dollars hard at work.

Always trust big business, they'll always do the right thing.

7/19/2011, 08:54 PM
Which they sold to investors as AAA rated investments, took insurance policies against them betting they'd fail and then when the insurance company who wrote the policy (AIG) couldn't pay after the toxic assets did crumble, your government made sure the banks got 100 pennies on the dollar before any other creditors got any money. Your tax payer dollars hard at work.

Always trust big business, they'll always do the right thing.hey! wake up!the lenders were forced to make the bad loans by our idjut, trying to buy votes government!

That is how our depression started. Then, we elected democrats again in '08, to make sure it continued. Ain't we smart!

dolemitesooner
7/19/2011, 09:21 PM
HEY WAKE UP!
YOUR A TOOL BOX

GKeeper316
7/19/2011, 10:00 PM
Even Dirty Dingus McCain was better than OBeary the bear.

you'll also find a whole lot of liberals like me that would have voted for mccain if he hadn't picked that stupid white trash ex pageant winner tart from alaska as his running mate.

there was no scenario i could think of leading up to that election in which i could rationalize helping put sarah palin just a wheezing heart attack away from the oval office.

GKeeper316
7/19/2011, 10:05 PM
hey! wake up!the lenders were forced to make the bad loans by our idjut, trying to buy votes government!

That is how our depression started. Then, we elected democrats again in '08, to make sure it continued. Ain't we smart!

we woulda been fine if it was just the mortgages. but it was letting commercial banks leverage the debt with investment banks that really ****ed us.

7/20/2011, 12:50 AM
we woulda been fine if it was just the mortgages. but it was letting commercial banks leverage the debt with investment banks that really ****ed us.Fool govt. tried, even if inadvertently, to destroy lending institutions. If you were attacked like that, you would try to survive, too.

7/20/2011, 12:54 AM
you'll also find a whole lot of liberals like me that would have voted for mccain if he hadn't picked that stupid white trash ex pageant winner tart from alaska as his running mate.

there was no scenario i could think of leading up to that election in which i could rationalize helping put sarah palin just a wheezing heart attack away from the oval office.She helped McPain a LOT more than she hurt him. I srsly doubt you would have voted for McCain under just about any circumstances. Not as long as you have a D to vote for.

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 01:25 AM
She helped McPain a LOT more than she hurt him. I srsly doubt you would have voted for McCain under just about any circumstances. Not as long as you have a D to vote for.

not true. i voted for w the first time. i cant stand al gore. or his bitch wife.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2011, 01:39 AM
This has probably been said but the BBA allows for deficit spending in times of national crisis.

The ceiling should be the floor.

7/20/2011, 01:39 AM
not true. i voted for w the first time. i cant stand al gore. or his bitch wife.That John Kerry was a real winner, always condemning American troops in Vietnam. He had similar leadership credentials with the Obear. Good choice!

JohnnyMack
7/20/2011, 07:36 AM
hey! wake up!the lenders were forced to make the bad loans by our idjut, trying to buy votes government!

I respectfully disagree with your historical assessment.

tommieharris91
7/20/2011, 08:31 AM
This has probably been said but the BBA allows for deficit spending in times of national crisis.

The ceiling should be the floor.

Link? I haven't done any reading on this BBA, but if it's a strict ban on defecit spending I don't like it. If it's not, I could go for it.

7/20/2011, 10:36 AM
I respectfully disagree with your historical assessment.You're a warmer, too, so am I surprised?

pphilfran
7/20/2011, 10:37 AM
I am not sure which Rush is worse...

JohnnyMack
7/20/2011, 11:33 AM
You're a warmer, too, so am I surprised?

What does that mean?

7/20/2011, 11:57 AM
What does that mean?I might have you confused with mdklatt on the warming thing?