PDA

View Full Version : 2010 OU vs tejas on ESPNU HD Right Now

sooner59
7/18/2011, 11:28 PM
Was just flipping through channels and saw it on. Enjoy!

LVSOONER15
7/18/2011, 11:30 PM
Watching it here in NM.

SoonerofAlabama
7/18/2011, 11:32 PM
Ahh....good.

Football. Oh how I missed thee.

OUster
7/19/2011, 12:41 AM
Watching the same thing and noticed something I didn't really pay attention to when I was at the game...it might have had something to do with beer. However, we were getting squat for a d-line push againt *. I expect that even with Noble and Macon gone, a year of growth should really help our d-line rotation.

Memtig14
7/19/2011, 12:50 AM
Crap..........wish you hadn't said anything....I need to go to bed but no way I can leave this until it is over. I can never see us beat the whorns enough.

SoonerofAlabama
7/19/2011, 01:01 AM
Landry made a great play to get that ball out of bounds after all of the confusion. James Winchester is awesome. That was such a cool play. I don't think it would have been easy for Texas to score on us even though they were doing better in the second half. They did get two straight field goals, so they weren't as hot as some claim they were in the fourth. Williams made a bonehead play, but we pounced on it. Great game.

sooner59
7/19/2011, 01:15 AM
Two things struck me during that game about what we looked like last year (especially that early in the season).

1. The defense had trouble finishing a game off.
2. Landry was getting better but definitely working through growing pains at the position.

I feel better about both of those things this year. The D-line should be better. We had plenty of d-back that got playing time last year that should be able to step into a more significant role this year. Murray is gone, but am optimistic about our RB corps returning. Solid nucleus returning on offense. So offense and defense look good. Same kickers, punters, etc. Lofty expectations this year.

The #1 ranking makes me cringe, but if we can get past FSU and the whorns, it all comes down to doing what we do better than anyone...beating the sheephumpers.

SoonerofAlabama
7/19/2011, 01:23 AM
Two things struck me during that game about what we looked like last year (especially that early in the season).

1. The defense had trouble finishing a game off.
2. Landry was getting better but definitely working through growing pains at the position.

I feel better about both of those things this year. The D-line should be better. We had plenty of d-back that got playing time last year that should be able to step into a more significant role this year. Murray is gone, but am optimistic about our RB corps returning. Solid nucleus returning on offense. So offense and defense look good. Same kickers, punters, etc. Lofty expectations this year.

The #1 ranking makes me cringe, but if we can get past FSU and the whorns, it all comes down to doing what we do better than anyone...beating the sheephumpers.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/142/mikegundy.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3263/129176563290818285.jpg

oudavid1
7/19/2011, 01:31 AM
Landry made a great play to get that ball out of bounds after all of the confusion. James Winchester is awesome. That was such a cool play. I don't think it would have been easy for Texas to score on us even though they were doing better in the second half. They did get two straight field goals, so they weren't as hot as some claim they were in the fourth. Williams made a bonehead play, but we pounced on it. Great game.

Uh.....no. Any D1 qb that straight up drops a ball is a buffoon. But he is my favorite buffoon. But if he ever does that again, Drew Allen.

(I know there was confusion, but he needs to just take a sack)

OUVarsityXV
7/19/2011, 08:11 AM
I was up watching it last night too. Texas has some players on D. If they get that offense going this year it might be another close one.