PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boomers = Worst. Generation. Ever.

Pages : [1] 2

The
7/18/2011, 12:43 PM
Article (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/opinion/sunday/17friedman.html?_r=1) kind of veers all over the place, but the point remains: Baby Boomers are terrible.

I REALIZE that I should be in Washington watching the debt drama there, but I’ve opted instead to be in Greece to observe the off-Broadway version. There are a lot of things about this global debt tragedy that you can see better from here, in miniature, starting with the raw plot, which no one has described better than the Carnegie Endowment scholar David Rothkopf: “When the cold war ended, we thought we were going to have a clash of civilizations. It turns out we’re having a clash of generations.”
Indeed, if there is one sentiment that unites the crises in Europe and America it is a powerful sense of “baby boomers behaving badly” — a powerful sense that the generation that came of age in the last 50 years, my generation, will be remembered most for the incredible bounty and freedom it received from its parents and the incredible debt burden and constraints it left on its kids.
It is no wonder that young Greeks reacted so harshly when their deputy prime minister, Theodoros Pangalos, referring to all the European Union loans and subsidies that propelled the Greek credit binge after 1981, said, “We ate it together” — meaning the people and the politicians. That was true of the baby boomer generation of Greeks, now in their 50s and 60s, and the baby boomer politicians. But those just coming of age today will never get a bite. They will just get a bill. And they know it.
You can see that when you walk around Athens’s central Syntagma Square, where young people now gather every evening to debate the crisis and register their protests at the future being imposed on them. The facades of banks around the square have been defaced, and flapping in the wind are two large banners. One says “IMF Employee of the Year” and has a picture of Prime Minister George Papandreou, and the other says “Goldman Sachs Employee of the Year” and pictures George Papaconstantinou, the former finance minister. (And these are the good guys, trying to fix the problem.) Nearby is a picture of a baby, saying: “Father, whose side were you on when they were selling our country?” And the more blunt: “Yield to rage,” “Class war, not national war,” and, finally, “Life — not just survival” — a message that seemed filled with foreboding about what the next decade is going to be like for young Greeks.
I was struck by one big similarity between what I heard in Tahrir Square in Cairo in February and what one hears in Syntagma Square today. It’s the word “justice.” You hear it more than “freedom.” That is because there is a deep sense of theft in both countries, a sense that the way capitalism played out in Egypt and Greece in the last decade was in its most crony-esque, rigged and corrupt deformation, letting some people get fantastically rich simply because of their proximity to power. So there is a hunger not just for freedom, but for justice. Or, as Rothkopf puts it, “not just for accounting, but for accountability.”
“There are no jokes about this crisis,” the Greek novelist Christos Chomenidis told me. “Everyone is in a bad temper. It feels like nearly everyone is against everyone. If the economic situation gets worse and worse, I am afraid for what can happen.”
The other day striking Greek cabdrivers tried to muscle their way into the minister of infrastructure’s office — only to discover that it was already full of his own ministry’s striking employees. Take a number, please.
That brings up another similarity between Greece and America: that the necessary may be impossible, that baby boomer politicians in the age of Twitter may not be up to addressing problems this big. The hole is too deep and power too fragmented. The only way out is by collective action — where ruling and opposition parties unite, share the pain and take the necessary steps. But that is not happening here or in Washington. There are Eric Cantors everywhere — reckless baby boomer politicians for whom no crisis is too serious to set aside political ambition and ideology.
But there is an adult lurking. China has been buying Spanish, Portuguese and Greek bonds to help stabilize these Chinese export markets. “These are delicate times, and we take a positive role,” Yi Gang, deputy governor of the People’s Bank of China, told the British newspaper The Guardian in January.
This is a role America used to play, but can no longer afford. Anyone who thinks that this economic crisis, if prolonged, won’t also hasten a global power shift has never heard of the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, sets the rules. “We are so used to the Americans providing the solutions for Europe and leading,” said Vassilis T. Karatzas, a Greek money manager. “But what happens when we are both in the same boat?”
What happens is that both the American and European dreams hang in the balance. Either we both put our nations on more sustainable growth paths — which requires cutting, taxing and investing for the future — or we’re looking at a world in which democracies are going to turn on themselves and fight over shrinking pies, with China having a growing say over how big the slices will be.

The
7/18/2011, 12:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fPzeG.jpg

soonervegas
7/18/2011, 12:49 PM
So is this the same generation that thaty preached Love not War in the late 60's and raised a whole generation of latch key kids in the 80's?

Color me suprised.

The
7/18/2011, 12:50 PM
So is this the same generation that thaty preached Love not War in the late 60's and raised a whole generation of latch key kids in the 80's?

Color me suprised.

Also the generation that produced Bush and Cheney.

The incompetence runs through all sides of the political spectrum.

soonerchk
OMG, can you at least give us some spacing in that monstrosity???

The
OMG, can you at least give us some spacing in that monstrosity???

No. Just read the bold part and nod your head.

3rdgensooner
7/18/2011, 12:51 PM
Terrible post is terrible.

Mississippi Sooner
7/18/2011, 12:51 PM
As a former latch key kid of Boomer parents, I'd just like to say how educational it was for me to be able to sneak a few beers, puff a few smokes and browse through Dad's Playboy collection while waiting for the parents to get off work.

Thanks Boomers!

soonerchk
7/18/2011, 12:56 PM
No. Just read the bold part and nod your head.

Gullible chk is gullible.

badger
7/18/2011, 12:56 PM
I am reminded strangely of Greg Paulus when thinking of baby boomers.

Greg was a highly touted quarterback recruit that turned down top football programs to be the starting point guard at Duke. He started his first three years, then got benched his senior year.

The baby boomer generation has had many years of plenty. Alas, it is now their senior year and they are getting benched and their pro prospects are slim to none. Sure, they could transfer and get a year of football in at Syracuse or something, but there is so little time left in a once promising career.

But... at least they had their years of plenty.

The
7/18/2011, 12:58 PM

Greg was a highly touted quarterback recruit that turned down top football programs to be the starting point guard at Duke. He started his first three years, then got benched his senior year.

The baby boomer generation has had many years of plenty. Alas, it is now their senior year and they are getting benched and their pro prospects are slim to none. Sure, they could transfer and get a year of football in at Syracuse or something, but there is so little time left in a once promising career.

I'm thinking more Hart Lee Dykes.

King Crimson
7/18/2011, 01:00 PM
hey, who can make fun of Glen Frey?

oh wait, i can and do....

DIB
7/18/2011, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking more Hart Lee Dykes.

I'm thinking more Spike Dykes

mgsooner
7/18/2011, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking more Spike Dykes

I'm thinking Spike Lee.

DIB
7/18/2011, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking Spike Lee.

I'm thinking Lee Majors

soonerchk
7/18/2011, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking Farrah Fawcett Majors.

Aldebaran
7/18/2011, 01:22 PM
The lamest generation.

DIB
7/18/2011, 01:23 PM
The lamest generation.

The tamest generation

MR2-Sooner86
7/18/2011, 01:30 PM
While the egotistical Boomers do suck, the "Greatest" Generation screwed this country up with Vietnam, the Great Society programs, and running around the world sticking their noise where they shouldn't just to "get the reds."

KantoSooner
7/18/2011, 01:31 PM
May I petitiion to moving the 'end line' for boomerdom back by about 3 years? I was born in 1961, technically a boomer (era ended in 1963, I think), but forever I have been like the guy who shows up at the party 15 minutes before the cops do. Just enough time to get a beer into your hand and implicate yourself, not near enough time to enjoy.
Either that or I want at least a year of AIDS-free free love and drugs before we knew they were bad for us. That seems only fair.

65Mustang
7/18/2011, 01:59 PM
But worst is such a harsh term...

Couldn't we be known as the generation after the Greatest Generation ?

please

soonerscuba
7/18/2011, 02:06 PM
While the egotistical Boomers do suck, the "Greatest" Generation screwed this country up with Vietnam, the Great Society programs, and running around the world sticking their noise where they shouldn't just to "get the reds."At least the greatest generation did something worthwhile and their failures somewhat altruistic. They did set a dangerous precedent, though.

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 02:06 PM
Of course we are now into the generation that can't do squat but wants to make sure nobody else does anything either.

badger
7/18/2011, 02:09 PM
Of course we are now into the generation that can't do squat but wants to make sure nobody else does anything either.

We're just removed from being kids in a world where all the adults have all the power. Cut us a little slack for not being able to do squat yet :P

The
7/18/2011, 02:12 PM

What are you talking about? You bastards managed to bring the greatest nation on earth to two weeks away from being a deadbeat.

The Greatest Generation built highways and defeated fascism and for the most part communism.

You guys built derivative mortgage swaps and raised your kids on ritalin, prozac and TV.

OhU1
7/18/2011, 02:15 PM
May I petitiion to moving the 'end line' for boomerdom back by about 3 years? I was born in 1961, technically a boomer (era ended in 1963, I think), but forever I have been like the guy who shows up at the party 15 minutes before the cops do. Just enough time to get a beer into your hand and implicate yourself, not near enough time to enjoy.
Either that or I want at least a year of AIDS-free free love and drugs before we knew they were bad for us. That seems only fair.

Agreed. No one born in the 60's should be considered part of the generation that was already dropping acid in the 60's. And they gave us AIDS! Thanks a lot Baby Boomers. :mad:

okie52
7/18/2011, 02:18 PM
You guys built derivative mortgage swaps and raised your kids on ritalin, prozac and TV.

Yes, and it appears the damage is irreversible.

The
7/18/2011, 02:20 PM
Yes, and it appears the damage is irreversible.

Who knew that loading kids up on mind altering substances could be a bad thing during formative years?

Oh wait...

okie52
7/18/2011, 02:21 PM
Who knew that loading kids up on mind altering substances could be a bad thing during formative years?

Oh wait...

Again, our offspring have suffered.

The
7/18/2011, 02:24 PM
Again, our offspring have suffered.

Stop trying to deflect blame for your generation's suckiness.

Us Gen X'rs should just set up death panels for y'all's incompetent old people.

okie52
7/18/2011, 02:29 PM

Bitter, very bitter. After all we have done for you.

Jammin'
7/18/2011, 02:31 PM

YES, WE CAN!

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 02:37 PM
What are you talking about? You bastards managed to bring the greatest nation on earth to two weeks away from being a deadbeat.

The Greatest Generation built highways and defeated fascism and for the most part communism.

You obviously don't know me. I'm a Scot and I don't borrow money although I'm not opposed to lending it under the right circumstances.

I raised my kids on hard work, sweat, and the occasional coca cola. I confess I didn't limit my kids access to TV. Of course the closest house with cable was about an hour and a half away.

Don't blame me for over inflating the value of your crackerbox urban dwellings, cars, etc gotten by signing anything put in front of you.

I also didn't vote for Obama, that is entirely on you guys.

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 02:37 PM

You gonna do that in someone else's backyard?

Jammin'
7/18/2011, 02:38 PM
The, I have a vote for the 1st person the death panel needs to interview. Where is the poll?

SoonerAtKU
7/18/2011, 02:38 PM
Is this even a debate? Who knew that the political might of these millions of selfish, precious, unique snowflakes could bring the greatest assemblage of human rights and freedoms crumbling down in less than 30 years.

Look, it was fine when it was free love, it was even fine when it was disco and coke in the 70's. It stopped being fine when you all decided to "get yours" in the 80s and ruin everything from that point forward.

GKeeper316
7/18/2011, 02:48 PM
what we need in america is a good alien invasion or zombie apocolypse.

3rdgensooner
7/18/2011, 02:50 PM
http://thumbnails.hulu.com/235/50052235/164852_512x288_generated.jpg

The
7/18/2011, 02:54 PM
You obviously don't know me. I'm a Scot

That's all I need to know.

"It's ****E being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the ****ing earth, the most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a ****e state of affairs to be in, Tommy! And all the fresh air in the world won't make any ****ing difference!"
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/G1tJJO_pVvQ/0.jpg

OUMallen
7/18/2011, 03:10 PM

Jon scheyer took his spot, right?

badger
7/18/2011, 03:42 PM
Jon scheyer took his spot, right?

No, Nolan Smith (when Smith was a sophomore and Paulus a senior).

I hate to say it, but I could see this happening. If the funding isn't there for nursing homes, medicare, social security, etc., then I could see the government picking and choosing what types of people they give care to. Will it be based on age? Based on health? Based on income level? Who knows.

That being said, stop smoking, limit your fatty foods and get exercising, because the government likely won't have the means to take care of you like they took care of your parents in their old age.

Bitter, very bitter. After all we have done for you.

Heh, I'm sure Greg Paulus said the same thing to Coach K. After all the balls to the face charges he took (hence the "teabag paulus" chants at rival ACC schools) and slapping the floor on defense etc etc., he replaces Greg with a more talented sophomore.

I Am Right
7/18/2011, 04:02 PM
Truth!

Howzit
7/18/2011, 04:13 PM
Agreed. No one born in the 60's should be considered part of the generation that was already dropping acid in the 60's. And they gave us AIDS! Thanks a lot Baby Boomers. :mad:

In all fairness, it was your boyfriend that gave you AIDS.

soonercruiser
7/18/2011, 04:16 PM
While the egotistical Boomers do suck, the "Greatest" Generation screwed this country up with Vietnam, the Great Society programs, and running around the world sticking their noise where they shouldn't just to "get the reds."

There is some truth to what you say MR2.

That "Great" generation wanted to make sure that their children had every thing, and every opportunity that they did not have.
In the process, they spoiled many of the brainless, self-centered, hippie, pot-headed ones in the bunch. Many were the hippe, liberal elitist leaders that we suffer from in govment these days.

But, I would say that about half of the baby boomers were not spoiled. The opportunities that our parents gave us were.... reinforcing staying in school, working hard, being GODly and honest people. I did not even have a car to drive until the second year of our marriage.
Many years have gone by, and those of us brought up that way did not spoil our own children; and have little to no debt - and our mortgages paid off.
AND - we want our government to do the same - live within its means!

soonercruiser
7/18/2011, 04:18 PM

The old adage...
What the parent excuses in moderation; the child excuses in excess!
:(

The
7/18/2011, 04:18 PM
There is some truth to what you say MR2.

That "Great" generation wanted to make sure that their children had every thing, and every opportunity that they did not have.
In the process, they spoiled many of the brainless, self-centered, hippie, pot-headed ones in the bunch. Many were the hippe, liberal elitist leaders that we suffer from in govment these days.

But, I would say that about half of the baby boomers were not spoiled. The opportunities that our parents gave us were.... reinforcing staying in school, working hard, being GODly and honest people. I did not even have a car to drive until the second year of our marriage.
Many years have gone by, and those of us brought up that way did not spoil our own children; and have little to no debt - and our mortgages paid off.
AND - we want our government to do the same - live within its means!

DAMN YOU, OBAMA!

No really. Your generation sucks. All of you. Quit trying to deflect blame on the libruuls. It's just as much your fault as the next guy in your crappy generation.

KantoSooner
7/18/2011, 04:21 PM
Well, at least we can take solace in the fact that kids in China today are way more spoiled than boomers. So, we can just drink beer for 30 years and BINGO! we'll be back on top again.

Love it when solutions involve hanging out, doing nothing and drinking.

3rdgensooner
7/18/2011, 04:22 PM
This seems as good a time as any to drop this here.

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress." (Peter the Hermit A.D. 1274)

"I believe what really happens in history is this: the old man is always wrong; and the young people are always wrong about what is wrong with him. The practical form it takes is this: that, while the old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid." (G.K. Chesterton)

The
7/18/2011, 04:23 PM
This seems as good a time as any to drop this here.

GK Chesterton was a fountain syringe.

3rdgensooner
7/18/2011, 04:25 PM
Takes one to know one.

The
7/18/2011, 04:26 PM
Takes one to know one.
http://pawatercooler.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shocked-shocked.jpg

soonercruiser
7/18/2011, 04:43 PM
The...
DAMN YOU, OBAMA!

NO!

Dang you - all you liberally spending politicians of all parties, and all colors!

Only "dang" Obama if he doesn't get off the cocaine and realize that he must make significant spending cuts! Ones that don't damage the poor economy!
I'm sure he'd rather be somewhere else right now...playin golf.....vacationing....!
But, he wanted to be President! So....time to GROW UP!

The
7/18/2011, 04:50 PM
NO!

Dang you - all you liberally spending politicians of all parties, and all colors!

Only "dang" Obama if he doesn't get off the cocaine and realize that he must make significant spending cuts! Ones that don't damage the poor economy!
I'm sure he'd rather be somewhere else right now...playin golf.....vacationing....!
But, he wanted to be President! So....time to GROW UP!

Typical baby boomer mentality. Blame someone else. If I don't get my way, there will be DIRE consequences! I'm SO much more mature and intelligent than other people that have risen to higher positions in life than me.

This is what this thread is about. Your lazy generation that is killing this country. Not what you read in a Glen Beck* book.

*Who is qalso a Baby Boomer, BTW.

65Mustang
7/18/2011, 05:04 PM
You people are harshing my mellow...

pphilfran
7/18/2011, 05:13 PM
:pop:

Thaumaturge
7/18/2011, 05:16 PM
The worst person I've ever known was a baby boomer.

But the second worst was a 10 year old (now 11).

Make of it what you will.

StoopTroup
7/18/2011, 05:24 PM
I knew there had to be a reason the rise in really messed up posters has taken place on this board. It's obvious that so many didn't do anything about their dysfunction except ask for their Docs to up the Mg's or Quantity on their Rx. Once they realized the pot they smoke with their parents along with the Ritalin and Xanax made them Walmart Tazer Stalkers they are out of control and blaming everything and everyone for the way they are....

http://files.brobible.com/images/made/files/images/brommunity/tasered_225_180_c1_center_top_0_0.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 05:34 PM
The problem I have with most of Xers thinking you are going to be making decisions for us Boomers is that you don't own anything. You don't control much in the way of buying power. Those of you that do you have good jobs (sincere congrats) work for someone else. You won't be setting on any panels or boards for anything.

Unless your generation can revive small business ownership where you can exercise some control of your fate you are basically along for the ride.

You are going to have start owning something, manufacturing something, anything other than working at fast food jobs. Like it or not your generation owns so little that if you own a home you are one of the lucky ones. I mean own your own home, not servicing a multi-decade mortgage.

XingTheRubicon
7/18/2011, 05:56 PM
The majority of all the adult f*ckups in this country were born between 1965-1985. The baby boomers were/are laughing
at all the "progressives" getting foreclosed on because they're too stupid to read.

btw, I'm a member of the f-up generation ('68), however, it doesn't dissuade me from seeing the truth. Gen-X,Y etc. is not a pimple on the *ss of the baby boomers, nor will they ever be.

StoopTroup
7/18/2011, 06:00 PM
In all fairness, it was your boyfriend that gave you AIDS.

Heh!

MamaMia
7/18/2011, 06:09 PM
If not for the baby boomers, the following generation wouldn't be sitting their happy asses in front of the computer whining about the baby boomers. I can only hope that there is a baby boomer scientist somewhere in a basement who's almost ready to unveil the components of a retroactive birth control pill.

tommieharris91
7/18/2011, 06:23 PM
The problem I have with most of Xers thinking you are going to be making decisions for us Boomers is that you don't own anything. You don't control much in the way of buying power. Those of you that do you have good jobs (sincere congrats) work for someone else. You won't be setting on any panels or boards for anything.

Retire or die off, then we will.

tommieharris91
7/18/2011, 06:26 PM
If not for the baby boomers, the following generation wouldn't be sitting their happy asses in front of the computer whining about the baby boomers. I can only hope that there is a baby boomer scientist somewhere in a basement who's almost ready to unveil the components of a retroactive birth control pill.

Roe v. Wade came down in 1973.

Mongo
7/18/2011, 06:26 PM

I just say we kick the **** out of their old asses and take it

tommieharris91
7/18/2011, 06:27 PM
I just say we kick the **** out of their old asses and take it

That could be part of the "die off" thing.

I Am Right
7/18/2011, 06:30 PM
Lets see, we invented the moog synthizer, lost a war, bell bottoms and disco, yep worst EVER!

Mongo
7/18/2011, 06:31 PM
no, keep them alive and bruised so they can see us run it just as good, if not better than their egotistical dumases

MR2-Sooner86
7/18/2011, 08:32 PM
The thing I hate is what the Baby Boomers did to my generation, Y, the Echo Boomers.

Echo Boomers are growing up in very structured environment. Constantly exposed to group activity after group activity. Play dates, soccer practice, structured and produced birthday parties, with barely a day off in between.
Echo Boomers are the most protected generation in history. They have never ridden a bike without a helmet, or sat in a car without being secured by a seat belt. They have been hovered over by their “helicopter parents”. They are trophy kids. (http://www.gotgameconsulting.com/Website/Files/The%20Echo%20Boomers.pdf)

You're the ones who banned dodge ball, tag, and were afraid we'd get E. Coli if we played in the yard with a stick. Now you're the same generation bitching about my generation when you're the ones who did all you could to shove a cork and rattle down our throats. Thanks allot.

Generation X, don't continue what they started.

Just to add to the pile, this guy really goes after the Boomers with a venom (http://www.superseventies.com/worstgen.html).

Many of you are probably asking why I'm going after them so hard, simple, my parents are Boomers. I love my parents but they, and their fellow Boomers, look down at my generation, and Gen X, as if we've done nothing worth wild. My father and his Boomer friends are especially like this.

I seem to get the same reply.
"Well...that was different."
"It was unique for it's time."
"It has been done before already."

I forget what movie it was, Hangover/American Pie/Wedding Crashers maybe, that my dad watched. Is it the best? No, far from it but it's decent I think. My father said it was "immature, juvenile humor" and I asked him, "What about Animal House? I read some of your old National Lampoon Magazines and those had some immature juvenile humor."
His response, "those were different and weren't done before. They were actually funny with wit and not just trying to be stupid and juvenile. They were sophisticated with their humor. That isn't done today and everything today is done for a 'cheap' laugh."
He refuses to admit that Saturday Night Live was just as funny in later years as it was from 1975-1978. I guess when Gen X-ers started to get on the show it wasn't as funny to him.
Music stopped after December 31, 1989 because the 80's was where the last good music was created. Anything afterwards isn't worthy of being played on the radio because, obviously, the 90's was nothing but rap or a bunch of kids banging on drums with no "good" guitar work screaming about how depressed they are before blowing their brains out.

I seem to come across allot with the Boomers that I meet. They're the most egotistical, 'you can't top me,' self-centered, selfish, egocentric, egomaniacal, self-interested, self-seeking, self-absorbed, narcissistic, conceited, self-important generation ever. Whatever Gen X or my generation do, we'll never measure up to them, we'll never be good enough, and they did everything first and better than anything we'll ever think of.

A great example is on this site. I remember somebody posted the video to "I'm on a Boat" and many Boomers were commenting "using profanity was only funny when George Carlin/Richard Pryor did it. This is just trying to be shocking and not funny."

65Mustang
7/18/2011, 08:38 PM
"worth wild"

Sorry, but I laughed...

But then, laughing is always worth wild...

soonerscuba
7/18/2011, 09:11 PM
nm

DIB
7/18/2011, 09:16 PM
nm

swardboy
7/18/2011, 09:38 PM
Can't you all see this isn't a generational phenomena? It's a liberal vs. conservative worldview issue, and the liberals are winning. Yeah, I said it.

soonerscuba
7/18/2011, 10:02 PM
Whoa, that is totally not the clip I meant to send. Sorry to anybody that would be offended by that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n34eeXWjUQ

diverdog
7/18/2011, 10:34 PM
Article (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/opinion/sunday/17friedman.html?_r=1) kind of veers all over the place, but the point remains: Baby Boomers are terrible.

I am sorry but the idiot who wrote the article does not have a clue. The baby boomers are just now coming to an age where they are collecting social security and medicare. It is their parents and grandparents who have bankrupted the system. Read the history of SS and see how little they paid in and how much they collected. My grandfather got all his money back, plus interest and then live on the largess of the US taxpayer. A good chunk of the federal debt has been used to support old people who have been on the dole for decades. Plus the so called greatest generation got all the corporate retirements and benefits that we will never see. Did the baby boomers squander some opportunities....sure. But they are not to blame for this entire mess.

Fraggle145
7/18/2011, 10:56 PM
More old people need to die. TIA. ;)

diverdog
7/18/2011, 11:03 PM
More old people need to die. TIA. ;)

One of my colleagues at work has a 93 year old mother who they just operated on and charged it to medicare insurance. Can anyone tell me what the point of operating on a 93 year old person might be? I sure cannot figure it out.

Mongo
7/18/2011, 11:06 PM
One of my colleagues at work has a 93 year old mother who they just operated on and charged it to medicare insurance. Can anyone tell me what the point of operating on a 93 year old person might be? I sure cannot figure it out.

was she pregnant?

diverdog
7/19/2011, 06:39 AM
was she pregnant?

Are you the father?

soonervegas
7/19/2011, 08:57 AM

Because people are afraid to die.....even though they are gonig to heaven.

Partial Qualifier
7/19/2011, 09:22 AM
Generation smack?

Blaming another generation for your problems?

Seriously?

The
7/19/2011, 09:23 AM
Generation smack?

Seriously?

Just pointing out the obvious. Baby Boomers are a failure.

Partial Qualifier
7/19/2011, 09:43 AM

Have you shared this revelation with your grandparents yet?

The
7/19/2011, 09:48 AM
Have you shared this revelation with your grandparents yet?

I have. They are just as ashamed of the Baby Boomers as I am.

Partial Qualifier
7/19/2011, 09:49 AM
Trolling old people for giggles?

Seriously?

Adrian
7/19/2011, 09:51 AM
Trolling old people for giggles?

Seriously?

Not for giggles, but for yucks...

dwarthog
7/19/2011, 11:22 AM

If you don't quit masturbating to the NYT's you'll go blind.....

badger
7/19/2011, 12:20 PM
Generation smack?

Seriously?

We must blame them and cause a fuss before somebody thinks of blaming us!
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/blamecanada100510.jpg

Wayne Jarvis
7/19/2011, 11:23 PM

You mean this guy?

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/quiz/16730_1213968762480_247_225.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
7/20/2011, 01:16 AM
A book from a few years ago looked at the history of the U.S. through a generational approach, with a model of four types of generations that rotate:

civic, adaptive, idealist, reactive.

The recent civic generation was the "greatest" WWII GI generation, followed by the silent generation (adaptive), then the babyboomer (idealist), and then the Gen Xers (reactive). The same pattern appeared in previous cycles for centuries.

The GI generation has gotten much more out of social security than they ever put in, and the gen xers will put in more than they will get out.

At the beginning of the 20th century, old people were the poorest age group - they were at the mercy of their family to care for them, but the GI generation ended up the most affluent group in old age.

Babyboomers didn't create social security or medicare - the main entitlement programs that drive our future gov't obligations.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/history-books/839-4.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 01:31 PM

No you won't, because never having done anything or never having to be responsible for anything you will just lose it to the Chinese, the Indians, or in your case the Mexicans.

Until your generation understands investing time and money in your future is more important than a 60" inch TV you will continue to give away any wealth you have or any wealth you had a shot of capturing to those that get up earlier and work later than you do.

To be frank your spoiled little arses never even had a chance to make something of yourselves, on your own. It's cool though because you had "Friends" and "Seinfeld" as a trade off.

Mongo
7/20/2011, 01:37 PM
No you won't, because never having done anything or never having to be responsible for anything you will just lose it to the Chinese, the Indians, or in your case the Mexicans.

Until your generation understands investing time and money in your future is more important than a 60" inch TV you will continue to give away any wealth you have or any wealth you had a shot of capturing to those that get up earlier and work later than you do.

To be frank your spoiled little arses never even had a chance to make something of yourselves, on your own. It's cool though because you had "Friends" and "Seinfeld" as a trade off.

looks like we have our first baby boomer *** whoopin volunteer

dibs on his cattle

The
7/20/2011, 01:40 PM

Get a job, hippie. Thanks for trashing the economy, fostering terrorism in the middle east, and getting us involved in several endless wars btw. That's a super cool mess we're going to have to fix for you irresponsible, selfish, short sighted egomaniacs.

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 01:41 PM

and thank you, old person, for building the consumer economy and get rich in 10 years economic paradigm that drives so much greed...

those cocks on wall street thank you for your money.

StoopTroup
7/20/2011, 01:45 PM
Get a job, hippie. Thanks for trashing the economy, fostering terrorism in the middle east, and getting us involved in several endless wars btw. That's a super cool mess we're going to have to fix for you irresponsible, selfish, short sighted egomaniacs.

Guess you might as well get started...

http://www.goarmy.com/

tommieharris91
7/20/2011, 01:47 PM

I'm sorry for... finishing high school in 2003? It's not like gen X is the most educated generation yet. I guess we were too busy investing time and money in our future to worry about our future.

tommieharris91
7/20/2011, 01:49 PM

dibs on his cattle

You can have it. I want his mineral rights. Then I'll give those up to the Chinese.

badger
7/20/2011, 01:50 PM
Young folks worry about paying down the mortgage or whether their house will be worth what they paid for it in a few years.

Old folks shake their heads at young folks, wondering how they couldn't simply build a house and build equity the same way they did when they were younger.

Young folks pay off tons of college loans, or if they are still in college, worry about escalating tuition.

Old folks shake their head at young folks, exclaiming that they should just get a summer job to work their way through college like they did when they were young.

Sh1t changes. Get with the times, old timers :P

Thaumaturge
7/20/2011, 02:04 PM
Sh1t changes. Get with the times, old timers :P

But then they wouldn't be old timers.

Mongo
7/20/2011, 02:05 PM
You can have it. I want his mineral rights. Then I'll give those up to the Chinese.

cool. then we will milkshake the oil and gas from them. we'll drink it up

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry for... finishing high school in 2003? It's not like gen X is the most educated generation yet. I guess we were too busy investing time and money in our future to worry about our future.

What's your excuse going to be when you are thirty? forty?

SoonerAtKU
Young folks pay off tons of college loans, or if they are still in college, worry about escalating tuition.

Old folks shake their head at young folks, exclaiming that they should just get a summer job to work their way through college like they did when they were young.

Hell, this part happened in this very thread.

Sooner_Tuf
cool. then we will milkshake the oil and gas from them. we'll drink it up

You'd have to get off the couch...

The
7/20/2011, 02:29 PM
What's your excuse going to be when you are thirty? forty?

Wasting money trying to take care of you incontinent boomers because you killed Social Security and didn't bother saving for retirement.

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 02:30 PM

dibs on his cattle

You are going to have to leave town, dirt roads, hot sun, cows are too tall for you to have sex with, ahh fug it. :D

I love kids. You're funny.

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 02:30 PM
So the cycle on the last page suggests that my kids will be the civic minded bootstrappers to help pull the country out of the funk we're in. I believe it. My daughter's pretty awesome.

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 02:31 PM
Wasting money trying to take care of you incontinent boomers because you killed Social Security and didn't bother saving for retirement.

You keep talking like you know me. I am not your Daddy.

The
7/20/2011, 02:34 PM
You keep talking like you know me. I am not your Daddy.

I know your type.

Pretentious boomers, oblivious to reality.

Mongo
7/20/2011, 02:35 PM
You'd have to get off the couch...

funny, I spend more time on rigs in your neck of the woods than I do at home. but you are old, so I dont hold your bitterness against you

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 02:41 PM

Just to add a bit to this, I ran some quick numbers based on Bursar's Office estimates for an incoming, Oklahoma resident, living in Walker. To earn the approximately $19,000 a year for tuition, fees, and housing, here's what a student would have to earn:

Assuming 12 weeks of work during a summer, at a 40-hour a week full time job, a student would have to find a job making $99.50 an hour to be able to put him or herself through school the rest of the year. That doesn't even account for higher-division courses or individual program fees or out-of-state tuition prices.

Obviously that's a somewhat extreme example, but it puts into stark contrast the difference between the cost of an education now vs. the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 02:48 PM
Just to add a bit to this, I ran some quick numbers based on Bursar's Office estimates for an incoming, Oklahoma resident, living in Walker. To earn the approximately $19,000 a year for tuition, fees, and housing, here's what a student would have to earn:

Assuming 12 weeks of work during a summer, at a 40-hour a week full time job, a student would have to find a job making $99.50 an hour to be able to put him or herself through school the rest of the year. That doesn't even account for higher-division courses or individual program fees or out-of-state tuition prices.

Obviously that's a somewhat extreme example, but it puts into stark contrast the difference between the cost of an education now vs. the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

B.O.O H.O.O.

**** all you gen-xyers. Blow me. Right here. Right now. Especially you Teh.

I'm a boomer, I have two degrees, I have never taken a student loan, none of my kids have ever been on Ritalin, I did not worship my children like so many of y'all's parents did (if you put "Cody #88" stickers in your soccer SUV window, you take loans or re-fi your house so your POS kid can go to college to party on your dime, I have never bought my kids a single video game - although I did buy a grandkid a Spongebob game this Christmas - you are worshipping your kids). I do not pay for my kids' cars, insurance, or post high school education.

I've never paid into SS, and will never get a dime out of it. I am quite comfortably retired by spend nearly 4 decades working my *** off and saving. Go ****ing whine somewhere else pissants. Or come haul hay on my farm and learn what a real day's work is. Hell, I'll bet most of you gen-xers are typing on your mommy's computer and driving her car right now.

I think I'ma start some gen-xyers death panels. The loudest crybabies get it first.

The
7/20/2011, 02:51 PM
I've never paid into SS

How's that possible? You've never had a job?

badger
7/20/2011, 02:52 PM

I am still amazed at how often I still hear it.

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2011, 02:53 PM

he said he worked nearly 4 decades working his *** off - jeezus, listen

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 02:54 PM

I lied. I payed into SS when I was in the Army for 3 years. Also when I washed dishes at a pizza joint when I got kicked outta high school. All my construction work was under the table.

I think I have 14 quarters. After that, nada.

DIB
7/20/2011, 02:54 PM
he said he worked nearly 4 decades working his *** off - jeezus, listen

So....tax fraud?

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 02:55 PM
So....brain fraud?

sappstuf
7/20/2011, 02:56 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7400000/Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

The
7/20/2011, 02:56 PM
. All my construction work was under the table.

So, you've been evading taxes for all this time???

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything here, but holy hell, are you for real?

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:00 PM
So, you've been evading taxes for all this time???

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything here, but holy hell, are you for real?

No, you're trying to be a dick. Really hard. You suck at it, but bless you for trying.

I worked construction when I was 14-16 years old. I worked for a Mexican mason crew in Tucson. They payed me $3 an hour cash money. Sue me. Call the IRS.

I worked at a pizza joint when I was 16. I didn't pay taxes because I didn't make enough. I think I did pay SS though. Sue me. Call the IRS.

I worked for the past 30-something years for the USPS. They do not collect SS from your check if you are on the old Civil Service Retirement System. I have never payed a dime into SS since the military. Sue me. Call the IRS.

Geez, you guys are kinda thick.

mgsooner
7/20/2011, 03:01 PM
So you're telling me I should call the IRS?

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:02 PM
Sure. While you're at it call Game & Fish. IDGAS.

tator
7/20/2011, 03:03 PM
This thread is full of good attitudes and reasonible responses.

Well done, team.

mgsooner
Sure. While you're at it call Game & Fish. IDGAS.

Why, do you have pet alligators?

Mongo
So you're telling me I should call the IRS?

and sue him

Mongo
7/20/2011, 03:04 PM
This thread is full of good attitudes and reasonible responses.

Well done, team.

shut up, Meg

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:04 PM
Why, do you have pet alligators?

Your sister might be a bit of a snapper, but she's no alligator.

The
7/20/2011, 03:05 PM
No, you're trying to be a dick. Really hard. You suck at it, but bless you for trying.

I worked construction when I was 14-16 years old. I worked for a Mexican mason crew in Tucson. They payed me $3 an hour cash money. Sue me. Call the IRS.

I worked at a pizza joint when I was 16. I didn't pay taxes because I didn't make enough. I think I did pay SS though. Sue me. Call the IRS.

I worked for the past 30-something years for the USPS. They do not collect SS from your check if you are on the old Civil Service Retirement System. I have never payed a dime into SS since the military. Sue me. Call the IRS.

Geez, you guys are kinda thick.

Holy crap, there's a way you can avoid FICA?? I thought that the oil drillers from Armageddon were the only guys to wrangle that.

Seriously though. Your generation is terrible, all personal anecdotes aside.

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 03:06 PM
I have two degrees, I have never taken a student loan

Can any of your kids say the same? In this day and age, I'd be truly impressed if a kid could pay for school on their own and never accrue a drop of student loan debt.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:07 PM
Seriously though. Your generation is terrible, all personal anecdotes aside.

Tough ****. I got mine, go get yours, or STFU.

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 03:08 PM

And this is the Boomer attitude summed up nice and perty.

Thanks, Deano, for being a sport.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:09 PM
Can any of your kids say the same? In this day and age, I'd be truly impressed if a kid could pay for school on their own and never accrue a drop of student loan debt.

Yes, they can. I have one who is in the National Guard and his getting his education payed that way. I have another who is a welder, another who is an electrician (both did Vo-tech which is free until you're 20-something) and one who is currently enrolling at OKCCC for the fall semester and using the ~$12K he has in savings to pay for it.

Not all kids spend their entire life suckling their mommy's tit and then whining about the "old guys."

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:09 PM
And this is the Boomer attitude summed up nice and perty.

Thanks, Deano, for being a sport.

You're welcome. Just trying to help.

mgsooner
7/20/2011, 03:10 PM
Yes, they can. I have one who is in the National Guard and his getting his education payed that way. I have another who is a welder, another who is an electrician (both did Vo-tech which is free until you're 20-something) and one who is currently enrolling at OKCCC for the fall semester and using the ~$12K he has in savings to pay for it.

Not all kids spend their entire life suckling their mommy's tit and then whining about the "old guys."

If only we could be as perfect as you. The world would be a much better place.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:10 PM
If only we could be as perfect as you. The world would be a much better place.

I know, right?

The
7/20/2011, 03:17 PM

Meh.

I just got a scholarship and called it a day. Seemed more reasonable.

Now I'm having to deal with this economic mess your generation has shat out all over the country. Damn Forex has been schizophrenic for a month now.

KantoSooner
7/20/2011, 03:21 PM
Well, it was easier back then. In the late 1970's, if you had good test scores, spoke a foreign language, were a minority (ScotsIrishGermanCherokee - we rock), and showed up to the interview on-time, fully clothed and sober, schools in New England almost literally had an orgasm if you applied.

I enjoyed being a kid from a normal family in Okieland and being treated like a charity case by the PhillipsExeters. And not paying a dime for the privilege.

Mongo
7/20/2011, 03:22 PM

either be really good at a sport, smart as hell, or go to a trade school. I find it funny people get **** degrees for 30k/year jobs while they have a HUGE student loan to repay back

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 03:23 PM
i love how the dude that spent 30 years in a cake-walk federal job is telling the rest of us to stfu.

the irony is so thick you can barely breath in this thread.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:25 PM
Meh.

I just got a scholarship and called it a day. Seemed more reasonable.

Now I'm having to deal with this economic mess your generation has shat out all over the country. Damn Forex has been schizophrenic for a month now.

Really? My generation left you with this economic mess and now you're dealing with it? I don't even know wtf a "forex" is. I've never invested a dime in the stock market, don't have a clue what it means when the talking head goes "Dow Jones is up, NYSE is down" because it really doesn't mean much to me. I care about gas prices though. I guess my generation is making them high? I'd rather blame your boy.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:26 PM
i love how the dude that spent 30 years in a cake-walk federal job is telling the rest of us to stfu.

the irony is so thick you can barely breath in this thread.

Cake walk eh? Why don't you go get yourself one then? Can't pass the drug test, right? Meh. You're a chump.

DIB
7/20/2011, 03:27 PM
Really? My generation left you with this economic mess and now you're dealing with it? I don't even know wtf a "forex" is. I've never invested a dime in the stock market, don't have a clue what it means when the talking head goes "Dow Jones is up, NYSE is down" because it really doesn't mean much to me. I care about gas prices though. I guess my generation is making them high? I'd rather blame your boy.

I don't think Al, jr. is old enough to affect gas prices.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:27 PM
I don't think Al, jr. is old enough to affect gas prices.

Obama's name is Al jr?

The
7/20/2011, 03:29 PM

MY 10 MONTH OLD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STATE OF THIS ECONOMY.

And the state of the financial markets means a great deal to those of us in the private sector.

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 03:33 PM
Well, when your retirement fund is federally backed and not tied to the economy, it's a nice feeling, The.

Good for you, Dean, and good for your kids. I honestly believe more people should forgo college and learn a trade directly.

And Dean, I AM getting mine. Scholarship to school, never took a loan. I work for the largest publisher in the world, although of course I don't make what I feel I'm worth. All of this while not overpaying for a house (2 bedroom, 1 bath), cars (1 which we own outright), or any of the extraneous crap that so many have. My priority is my kid, so we put money into her college fund, we don't really travel much, we eat at home, etc.

Does that qualify me to criticize your superior and fairly selfish attitude?

I have another question for you. If you could have afforded to use savings and invested money to provide a college education for each of your kids, would you have? If not, what would you put that money towards?

And I honestly did mean the comment about being a sport. It's tough for anyone to sit in and be criticized.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:36 PM
MY 10 MONTH OLD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STATE OF THIS ECONOMY.

And the state of the financial markets means a great deal to those of us in the private sector.

Then go join the Army, get yourself a cakewalk job, work hard for about 40 years and retire. Sounds simple enough.

IMO, what's ****ed up the market is people from any/all generations who went and bought homes/cars they couldn't afford, feel an obligation to send their kids through college no matter what it costs, and have the "right ****ing now" mentality. If a person has cable, innerwebs, an iPhone, tattoos, video games, bling, blingmobile, etc, but are broke then something is horribly wrong - and it ain't any generation's fault. There's people getting rich today, if you're not one of them you should attempt to find out why and then get on the path.

KantoSooner
7/20/2011, 03:42 PM
The, look for anything that's leveraged on the strength of China. Their banking system is a joke and 90% of the data is made up. Timing is hard to work out, but they are due for a massive collapse in the near-to-mid-term future.
Taiwan Dollar or anything SE Asian that floats would be places I'd look. Baht? Is the Rupiah still bound at the hip to IMF free floating orthodoxy? If you've got the cash, get a subscription to Far East Economic Review if they publish the thing online.

NormanPride
7/20/2011, 03:42 PM
I missed cranky Dean. Life is so much simpler with him.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:43 PM
Well, when your retirement fund is federally backed and not tied to the economy, it's a nice feeling, The.

Good for you, Dean, and good for your kids. I honestly believe more people should forgo college and learn a trade directly.

And Dean, I AM getting mine. Scholarship to school, never took a loan. I work for the largest publisher in the world, although of course I don't make what I feel I'm worth. All of this while not overpaying for a house (2 bedroom, 1 bath), cars (1 which we own outright), or any of the extraneous crap that so many have. My priority is my kid, so we put money into her college fund, we don't really travel much, we eat at home, etc.

Does that qualify me to criticize your superior and fairly selfish attitude?

I have another question for you. If you could have afforded to use savings and invested money to provide a college education for each of your kids, would you have? If not, what would you put that money towards?

And I honestly did mean the comment about being a sport. It's tough for anyone to sit in and be criticized.

I could have afforded to invest money for my kids' college funds but I chose not to. Selfish? Maybe, but being in the educational "business" the past 20-something years and being around OU all that time kinda hardened me on it. Also, I have 5 kids. All boys. They can work their way through school. I did.

Kids going to college, driving mommy's car, using mommy's credit card, calling daddy every time something breaks , living in a way too expensive apartment - all on mommy and daddy's dime make me wanna hurl. I know I've probably offended many on this board, but that's some seriously ****ed up ****.

I used to work with a guy who had one daughter. Wanted to be a vet. He sent her through vet school at OSU. Mortgaged his house to pay for it. She finishes, gets knocked up, poops out a daughter, then moves back home and decides she really doesn't like being a vet, she wants to be an MD.

Dude re-finances his house again, and pays her way through med school at OU. Computers, cars, insurance, apartment, everything. All the while he and his wife are raising the grandaughter. After she gets her MD, she goes off to Tulsa, doesn't wanna see the kid, and hasn't paid them back a dime and never will. He's still paying on those mortgages, and he's in his 70's now.

Anyhow, I respect folks with scholarships or who join the military. I respect folks who are willing to work hard to achieve their goals. I do not respect folks who feel a need to bag on a whole generation because they're a failure at what they do.

The
7/20/2011, 03:49 PM
Then go join the Army, get yourself a cakewalk job, work hard for about 40 years and retire. Sounds simple enough.

IMO, what's ****ed up the market is people from any/all generations who went and bought homes/cars they couldn't afford, feel an obligation to send their kids through college no matter what it costs, and have the "right ****ing now" mentality. If a person has cable, innerwebs, an iPhone, tattoos, video games, bling, blingmobile, etc, but are broke then something is horribly wrong - and it ain't any generation's fault. There's people getting rich today, if you're not one of them you should attempt to find out why and then get on the path.

While I commend your attitude, the point made in this thread is that it is simply harder to do those things now than it was when you were younger. The reason the markets are ****ed up is not consumer spending, it is a fundamental flaw of fiat currency (which very, very few people understand beyond even a basic level) that can be manipulated against itself. It's giant banks that take horrific risks, knowing that the government is there to cover the losses. It's not the people that take out loans they can't afford, it's the institutions that make the loan, knowing full well that the borrower has no hope of repaying, knowing that they can cut the loan up and sell it off in the markets before it defaults.

The Baby Boomer generation is in charge of the government and corporate world right now. And they are doing a **** poor job of it. I'm not "complaining", I'm simply pointing out a fact that the Boomer generation as a whole has proven itself to be wildly incompetent in both. While they have done some good things, protesting for civil rights and such, they have made the world a worse place than the one they inherited.

And joining the Army? Don't you know there's like 14 wars going on? I don't have any interest in hunting goat herders on the other side of the world because the boomer generation is scared of them. That's where the Millennials and Gen Xer's are paying the most for your generation's mistakes, right there.

NormanPride
7/20/2011, 03:49 PM
Honest question, Dean. Who's fault is that? The kid's or the dad's?

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 03:52 PM
Cake walk eh? Why don't you go get yourself one then? Can't pass the drug test, right? Meh. You're a chump.

30 bucks can get you past any drug test.

as a federal employee, you were entitled to tuition reimbursement for your education. i'm sure you didn't take advantage of that just like you've never taken advantage of any federal subsidies or programs for your farm. not to mention the federal employees health care, which is top notch... all at taxpayers expense.

no, dean, you go right on ahead telling yourself you havn't been sucking the government tit for 30 years... whatever helps you sleep at night, tough guy.

The
7/20/2011, 03:52 PM
The, look for anything that's leveraged on the strength of China. Their banking system is a joke and 90% of the data is made up. Timing is hard to work out, but they are due for a massive collapse in the near-to-mid-term future.
Taiwan Dollar or anything SE Asian that floats would be places I'd look. Baht? Is the Rupiah still bound at the hip to IMF free floating orthodoxy? If you've got the cash, get a subscription to Far East Economic Review if they publish the thing online.

You know, I've stayed the hell away from Asian markets my whole life, and I've been happy thus far. I may be missing some great stuff, but the Asians scare me. I think it's because of the intro to Hellraiser.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:53 PM
Honest question, Dean. Who's fault is that? The kid's or the dad's?

Yes.

The dad was stupid for doing it, the the daughter is selfish for taking it. Lose-lose proposition.

In my eyes though the dad was the real moron here. Young kids these days (well she's prolly close to 40 now) are selfish as hell. Of course their parents are solely to blame for this so I guess yeah, it's the dad's fault ultimately.

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 03:55 PM
Also, I have 5 kids. All boys. They can work their way through school. I did.

What if it was one girl?

And, since you didn't spend it on their educations, what DID you spend it on? I guess I'm just interested in your priorities, mostly. Since you had the means, what you chose to do probably says a great deal about what you value.

I completely agree, btw, that being forced to work for what you want helps to make you consider your options and choose carefully. I guess it just breaks my heart to think that my daughter would have to settle for a job wiping tables to scrounge up enough cash to pay her way into Mizz Maybel's School of Beautifying. Especially if I have the resources to help her into another path.

I used to work with a guy...

Well yeah...that **** is retarded.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 03:56 PM
30 bucks can get you past any drug test.

as a federal employee, you were entitled to tuition reimbursement for your education. i'm sure you didn't take advantage of that just like you've never taken advantage of any federal subsidies or programs for your farm. not to mention the federal employees health care, which is top notch...

no, dean, you go right on ahead telling yourself you havn't been sucking the guvernment tit for 30 years... whatever helps you sleep at night, tough guy.

You know what's sad? Knowing that $30 can get you by a drug test. Kinda shows me where your head is at and why you're just a bitter little warrior princess.

I've had a comfortable job (by comfy I mean secure), a great career, and now enjoy a great retirement. If you purchased postage stamps during the past 40-odd years I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You've contributed to my family's well-being and my lifelong happiness.

pphilfran
7/20/2011, 03:57 PM
If you can't afford to go to a "premier" school you can always go to a local college...

If you live off campus and take 16 hours undergrad each semester the total cost per semester is $2969..

Live on campus and get 10 meals a week the cost is $4738 per semester...

http://www.cameron.edu/cgi-bin/cost-calc.cgi

The
7/20/2011, 03:58 PM
If you purchased postage stamps during the past 40-odd years I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You've contributed to my family's well-being and my lifelong happiness.

This is why I'm rooting for $200 a barrel oil prices by the end of the year.

SoonerAtKU
7/20/2011, 04:00 PM
And why I want more people to go to school and into higher education, despite my claims earlier.

(we sell primarily medical and scientific textbooks and journals)

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 04:00 PM
I've had a comfortable job (by comfy I mean secure)

ya you've enjoyed job security unlike anything that exsists in the civillian world... it takes an act of congress to remove a federal employee.

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 04:01 PM
And why I want more people to go to school and into higher education, despite my claims earlier.

(we sell primarily medical and scientific textbooks and journals)

the textbook industry is a scam.

The
7/20/2011, 04:02 PM

It is.

And for the record, I'm perfectly content with ~$100 barrel oil.

Natural gas prices, OTOH...

StoopTroup

Yeah but they are really trying to fix it up on the Hill. :rolleyes:

They have the Pulse of the American People and hear us saying FIX THAT SCAM ! ! !

It will be only a matter of time before Companies like Follett are quivering at the feet of Congress. LOL

hnEt4WKAdI0

C&CDean
What if it was one girl?

And, since you didn't spend it on their educations, what DID you spend it on? I guess I'm just interested in your priorities, mostly. Since you had the means, what you chose to do probably says a great deal about what you value.

I completely agree, btw, that being forced to work for what you want helps to make you consider your options and choose carefully. I guess it just breaks my heart to think that my daughter would have to settle for a job wiping tables to scrounge up enough cash to pay her way into Mizz Maybel's School of Beautifying. Especially if I have the resources to help her into another path.

Well yeah...that **** is retarded.
I can't answer the girl question honestly. Never had one. It might be different - hell, it probably would be I guess.

What have I spent my $$ on? Property, cattle, and agriculture equipment. Lots of $$. It's paying off in spades now (if this ****ing drought would lighten up it would be much better), and I've got a second career doing something I really enjoy.

My kids are all onto their own gigs now. I don't loan them $$, but I have co-signed a couple notes for them. They don't ask for $$, and don't expect it. I very much like it this way, and they do to. Would they like it if I'd just hand them brazillions to spend on frivilous **** like a degree in economics? Sure, but they know better. Besides, they know that the $$ generated from the farm auction when I decide to cash it in will more than compensate.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 04:03 PM

So tell us princess, what is it you do these days?

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 04:04 PM
So tell us princess, what is it you do these days?

i'd tell you, but you'd just ban me.

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 04:05 PM

Really? Sounds exotic and kinky. Does it involve sperm gargling and hot carls?

The
7/20/2011, 04:06 PM
The homoeroticism on this board has really gotten out of control.

GKeeper316
7/20/2011, 04:07 PM
Really? Sounds exotic and kinky. Does it involve sperm gargling and hot carls?

again... you'd just ban me so i'm not gonna tell you

but yes it does indeed involve sperm gargling and hot carls

Mongo
7/20/2011, 04:07 PM
The homoeroticism on this board has really gotten out of control.

blow me

The
7/20/2011, 04:09 PM
blow me

FAMILY BAORD![hairGel]

tator
7/20/2011, 04:09 PM
He works in the drought industry

49r
7/20/2011, 04:10 PM
y1_NhnXMCKw

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 04:10 PM
Ah, I love it when we come full circle in a POS thread.

Well done Ms. Granger!

Mongo
7/20/2011, 04:11 PM

great post is great

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 04:12 PM

Then he's right, I would bane him.

The
7/20/2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/obama_applause.gif

StoopTroup
7/20/2011, 04:18 PM
Ummmmmm.....beer

C&CDean
7/20/2011, 04:24 PM
We still don't have poop up in this bitch, so "poop."

There, I think we've covered all the bases.

Mississippi Sooner
7/20/2011, 04:25 PM
Dumbledore, Boomer or Greatest Generation?

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 04:28 PM
While I commend your attitude, the point made in this thread is that it is simply harder to do those things now than it was when you were younger. The reason the markets are ****ed up is not consumer spending, it is a fundamental flaw of fiat currency (which very, very few people understand beyond even a basic level) that can be manipulated against itself. It's giant banks that take horrific risks, knowing that the government is there to cover the losses. It's not the people that take out loans they can't afford, it's the institutions that make the loan, knowing full well that the borrower has no hope of repaying, knowing that they can cut the loan up and sell it off in the markets before it defaults.

The Baby Boomer generation is in charge of the government and corporate world right now. And they are doing a **** poor job of it. I'm not "complaining", I'm simply pointing out a fact that the Boomer generation as a whole has proven itself to be wildly incompetent in both. While they have done some good things, protesting for civil rights and such, they have made the world a worse place than the one they inherited.

And joining the Army? Don't you know there's like 14 wars going on? I don't have any interest in hunting goat herders on the other side of the world because the boomer generation is scared of them. That's where the Millennials and Gen Xer's are paying the most for your generation's mistakes, right there.

It's not harder to do it now than it was when we were younger. It is simple, instead of trying think of reasons why you can't do anything get your butt out of bed, get to work, look out for who you work for, don't sign everything some sh!thead salesman sets in front of you, save your cash, and don't think you deserve everything mom, dad, and grandma, and grandad have by the time you're 25.

Live in a house you can afford, buy cars you can afford, work hard. You won't need all the damn toys if you are working.

Most of you could live, if you tried, on the interest you are paying. If you can't figure out how to go to school or simply cannot afford it don't go until you can.

Work will solve just about any problem that comes up in normal peoples lives. That's right the secret key is work. Not thinking about work, not talking about working, but actually working.

The rest is just dribble and excuses why you aren't succeeding.

StoopTroup
7/20/2011, 04:28 PM
I was never happier than when my Grandfather left me a barn full of hay bales.

The
7/20/2011, 04:30 PM
It's not harder to do it now than it was when we were younger. It is simple, instead of trying think of reasons why you can't do anything get your butt out of bed, get to work, look out for who you work for, don't sign everything some sh!thead salesman sets in front of you, save your cash, and don't think you deserve everything mom, dad, and grandma, and grandad have by the time you're 25.

Live in a house you can afford, buy cars you can afford, work hard. You won't need all the damn toys if you are working.

Most of you could live, if you tried, on the interest you are paying. If you can't figure out how to go to school or simply cannot afford it don't go until you can.

Work will solve just about any problem that comes up in normal peoples lives. That's right the secret key is work. Not thinking about work, not talking about working, but actually working.

The rest is just dribble and excuses why you aren't succeeding.

Rage has clouded your reading comprehension.

KantoSooner
7/20/2011, 05:01 PM
You know, I've stayed the hell away from Asian markets my whole life, and I've been happy thus far. I may be missing some great stuff, but the Asians scare me. I think it's because of the intro to Hellraiser.

Sound thinking! (serioiusly)
Asian markets are not for anyone who doesn't really get into them. (Think Martin Sheen, getting off the boat). That said, they do operate with logic and you can make a pile of cash there. Forex is one way, because you've got so many economies that are playing roughly the same game and the governments then run their taxes and exchange rate policies differently. You can look at the economic crystal ball and then make your bet as to whose currency gets whacked. I only did it very simply, by buying Rupiah dollar futures in 1997. Imagine my joy when the Rup went from 3,000 to 13,000 to the dollar in a week. unfortunately, I didn't have the courage to go more than a couple of grand.

Sooner_Tuf
7/20/2011, 06:58 PM
Rage has clouded your reading comprehension.

Could be but I can still spot a loser from a mile away.

Mongo
7/20/2011, 07:04 PM

I bet your kids are pieces of **** just like the rest of us

SouthCarolinaSooner
7/20/2011, 10:36 PM
B.O.O H.O.O.

**** all you gen-xyers. Blow me. Right here. Right now. Especially you Teh.

I'm a boomer, I have two degrees, I have never taken a student loan
College cost has quadrupled vs the consumer price index just since 1985, and that's counting financial aid. Things ain't the same as when you went through

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 06:44 AM
College cost has quadrupled vs the consumer price index just since 1985, and that's counting financial aid. Things ain't the same as when you went through

O'rly? I got my BS in 1996, and my MHR in 2000. Try again.

SouthCarolinaSooner
7/21/2011, 07:29 AM
Up 250% and 300% from then, not to mention you had how long to save for tuition?

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:31 AM

you didnt use any employer benefits or the GI bill to pay for tuition?

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 07:37 AM
you didnt use any employer benefits or the GI bill to pay for tuition?

Did I ever say I didn't?

Yes, I served in the military and went to school on the GI bill. Yes, my company payed for my master's degree. Do you have a point or are you just being obtuse. Again.

The thread is about the BBoomers ****ing up the world. Going to school on programs that I worked very hard to get is not ****ing up the world.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:39 AM
Did I ever say I didn't?

Yes, I served in the military and went to school on the GI bill. Yes, my company payed for my master's degree. Do you have a point or are you just being obtuse. Again.

The thread is about the BBoomers ****ing up the world. Going to school on programs that I worked very hard to get is not ****ing up the world.

pull your claws back in - i asked a simple question because you had given the impression (at least to me) that you paid for your degree's out of pocket

not everything i say is trying to start **** with you - in fact very little of it - but you know, i'm the passive aggressive one :rolleyes:

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 07:39 AM
Up 250% and 300% from then, not to mention you had how long to save for tuition?

I never saved for tuition. I never paid a dime in tuition out of my pocket or my parents. This includes my applications for graduation, and even the diplomas and cap and gown. Not one dime.

Schollies, GI bill, company reimbursement, etc. are all ways a person can go to school if that's what they wanna do. My point is that parents shouldn't go into debt (and neither should kids) to go to school.

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 07:41 AM
pull your claws back in - i asked a simple question because you had given the impression (at least to me) that you paid for your degree's out of pocket

not everything i say is trying to start **** with you - in fact very little of it - but you know, i'm the passive aggressive one :rolleyes:

XXOO Jon

I'm not sure how you got that impression - especially when you already pretty much know my history.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:42 AM
I'm a boomer, I have two degrees, I have never taken a student loan,

no, you didnt take a student loan - but you got your degree's off the backs of the tax payers

just like i did - you earned it, absolutely......but i'd be curious to know if you'd have been able to achieve your degrees without any kind of assistance

i couldnt have

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:42 AM
XXOO Jon

I'm not sure how you got that impression - especially when you already pretty much know my history.

how the **** would i know how you paid for your school - i dont know you that well

TitoMorelli
7/21/2011, 07:44 AM
Did I ever say I didn't?

So you had to have a master's degree to deliver mail?

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:46 AM
Dean was not a mail carrier - not everybody that works for the USPS slings letters

TitoMorelli
7/21/2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks, jk - 'course I was hoping to get an even more colorful response from Dean.

btw did you know that ST hates you?

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:53 AM
Thanks, jk - 'course I was hoping to get an even more colorful response from Dean.

btw did you know that ST hates you?

i just recently learned that, but thankfully he was politely asked to take out all his rage on mongo

but more shocking than the "ST hates me" discovery, i learned that jammin is black

i'm not really sure how to handle that

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 07:58 AM
So you had to have a master's degree to deliver mail?

Do you need that GED to flip burgers?

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2011, 07:59 AM
'course I was hoping to get an even more colorful response from Dean.

and there's your response! :D

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 07:59 AM
no, you didnt take a student loan - but you got your degree's off the backs of the tax payers

just like i did - you earned it, absolutely......but i'd be curious to know if you'd have been able to achieve your degrees without any kind of assistance

i couldnt have

No, I couldn't have afforded it. I was raising 5 kids and crap.

However, I got my BS on the taxpayers back. My MHR was off stamp sales.

TitoMorelli
7/21/2011, 08:02 AM
Do you need that GED to flip burgers?

Naw, been doing it since I was a kid.

Or did you mean hamburgers?

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 08:04 AM
Naw, been doing it since I was a kid.

Or did you mean hamburgers?

whoever

The
7/21/2011, 08:15 AM

Good thing I'm more than a mile away from you then.

*Protip:Raging against anonymous people on the internet is not the sign of a winner.

tator
7/21/2011, 08:55 AM
I'm not entering this bloodbath, just a comment:

When I first entered the job market with a "real" job around the mid 90's, company reimbursement was plentiful and encouraged.

Over the last 5 or so years, I have seen less and less of it. To the point that the ridiculously large corporation I work for doesn't offer it anymore. There were too many people getting company reimbursement and then moving along, thus destroying the company's investment.

Carry on.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2011, 09:06 AM
Maybe if people would quit blaming "generations" and starting taking care of their own house and related people, this **** wouldn't happen. People like to think they are important and smart thus they deserve chances. Chances don't grow on trees, if you have an opportunity you have to not only seize it but also work so hard that no one can ever doubt your results. Dean didn't get lucky..he worked hard enough that results can be shown from his actions. That would remain true whether Dean was 20 years old or 80 years old. Stop blaming people and start working on solutions. This country is in trouble because people have forgotten how to care about each other. There was a time in this country when if someone got laid off, the better off people in the community would throw them side jobs so they could stay a float until another opportunity presented itself. That person wasn't too proud or could collect more just sitting at home. And this happened in other areas too... if Olevet had a tool that "The" needed...he would borrow it and take care of it and the inverse would be true as well. Nowadays people would never help each other out like that...

DIB
7/21/2011, 09:08 AM
It isn't that hard to comprehend. Education cost has greatly outpaced inflation over the last 30 years. At the same time, benefits that help pay for college have gone down. It has become harder to go to college without parental help and nearly impossible without governmental help (grants, loans, GI, etc.). My parents couldn't help me out, so I went to school on a combination of scholarships, loans and part time work.

Do you know how my Boomer parents went to college? Their greatest generation parents paid their way. Paid for their fraternity and sorority. Paid for their partying. Oh and my mom didn't finish school because she married my dad and had a baby. Pretending like the Boomer generation didn't have plenty of members that had it easy is ridiculous.

Next, lets look how competition has changed for scholarships and admission. Depending on when a Boomer went to college, they may not have had to compete with many, if any, minorities and international students. Now, kids have to compete against everyone in this country and around the world. It is a lot tougher to get an Engineering department scholarship, when you are competing with the best students in the US, China, Pakistan, Europe, etc. It is a little easier, when you are only competing with other white kids that probably live in a 200 mile radius of your school.

My Opinion Matters
7/21/2011, 09:17 AM
Maybe if people would quit blaming "generations" and starting taking care of their own house and related people, this **** wouldn't happen. People like to think they are important and smart thus they deserve chances. Chances don't grow on trees, if you have an opportunity you have to not only seize it but also work so hard that no one can ever doubt your results. Dean didn't get lucky..he worked hard enough that results can be shown from his actions. That would remain true whether Dean was 20 years old or 80 years old. Stop blaming people and start working on solutions. This country is in trouble because people have forgotten how to care about each other. There was a time in this country when if someone got laid off, the better off people in the community would throw them side jobs so they could stay a float until another opportunity presented itself. That person wasn't too proud or could collect more just sitting at home. And this happened in other areas too... if Olevet had a tool that "The" needed...he would borrow it and take care of it and the inverse would be true as well. Nowadays people would never help each other out like that...

This and this:

Don't really seem to work together, and I think might be what the thread is about. I could be wrong though, because I was drawing pictures of robots and boobs during the first 7 pages of the thread.

Mongo
7/21/2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe if people would quit blaming "generations" and starting taking care of their own house.......

there is the problem, right there. a group thought it knew better for the rest, and imposed itself on everyone.

Mjcpr
7/21/2011, 09:22 AM
there is the problem, right there. a group thought it knew better for the rest, and imposed itself on everyone.

Just lay back and enjoy it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2011, 09:23 AM
Both principles are the same in my opinion. If someone needs a specialty tractor or whatever and I have it. I have been to their place and see they take care of their **** and are working hard. I would give them my tractor to borrow. Now if I come over and see they have stuff that is rusted and has grass growing through the engine...they ain't touching my ****. People recognize effort. So in essence tough ****...I got mine, got get yours, or STFU. But that first person who takes care of their stuff and works hard...they are getting theirs through their actions. He may be borrowing my tractor but how much you want to bet that guy will have his own eventually because of his hard work. This isn't an age or generation issue...it is an effort issue.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2011, 09:25 AM

Probably true to a certain extent but that is true of every other period in world history. We will do it to our kids too....

My Opinion Matters
7/21/2011, 09:25 AM
Both principles are the same in my opinion. If someone needs a specialty tractor or whatever and I have it. I have been to their place and see they take care of their **** and are working hard. I would give them my tractor to borrow. Now if I come over and see they have stuff that is rusted and has grass growing through the engine...they ain't touching my ****. People recognize effort. So in essence tough ****...I got mine, got get yours, or STFU. But that first person who takes care of their stuff and works hard...they are getting theirs through their actions. He may be borrowing my tractor but how much you want to bet that guy will have his own eventually because of his hard work. This isn't an age or generation issue...it is an effort issue.

Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

The
7/21/2011, 09:30 AM
I was drawing pictures of robots and boobs during the first 7 pages of the thread.

Post said drawings, please.

TIA.

Mongo
7/21/2011, 09:32 AM
Probably true to a certain extent but that is true of every other period in world history. We will do it to our kids too....

not an excuse.

OutlandTrophy
7/21/2011, 09:35 AM
In the Army National Guard, you can!!

DIB
7/21/2011, 09:37 AM
The country is fairly ****ed, right now. Boomers are in control of most of corporate American and the government. My generation spans from still in high school to barely in their 30s. Trust me when I say that we cannot wait to knock you all off your roost and start fixing the world.

PS Thanks for enjoying all the good drugs and then tightening all the drug laws, so your kids can't do the same. Real dick move.

My Opinion Matters
7/21/2011, 09:39 AM
Post said drawings, please.

TIA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/googlebots.gif

The
7/21/2011, 09:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/googlebots.gif

Excellence in Posting Award, 7-21-2011.

XingTheRubicon
7/21/2011, 10:22 AM
This thread reminds me of the buyout scene in the movie August.

Mongo
7/21/2011, 10:43 AM
This thread reminds me of the buyout scene in the movie August.

you watch too many ****ty movies

XingTheRubicon
7/21/2011, 12:58 PM
not everyone can watch Talladega Nights and Cobra

The
7/21/2011, 12:59 PM
not everyone can watch Talladega Nights and Cobra

Crime is a disease... I'm the cure.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku63e7BjId1qznhl9o1_500.png

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 02:10 PM
This and this:

Don't really seem to work together, and I think might be what the thread is about. I could be wrong though, because I was drawing pictures of robots and boobs during the first 7 pages of the thread.

Not to mention the fact you're an embicile.

My Opinion Matters
7/21/2011, 04:02 PM
Not to mention the fact you're an embicile.

*imbecile

pphilfran
7/21/2011, 04:03 PM
*imbecile

Moran....

SouthCarolinaSooner
7/21/2011, 04:04 PM
*imbecile
http://lwtc247.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/get-a-brain-morans.jpg
Dean IRL

DIB
7/21/2011, 04:14 PM
Dean IRL

What do you expect from a Cardinals fan? They are pretty much the dumbest people on the planet. PM Shamp for details

pphilfran
7/21/2011, 04:32 PM
Dean IRL

Your post A+

My post D-....

Sooner_Tuf
7/21/2011, 06:35 PM

At least you know what you are. Why don't you do something about that? Time is getting away from you each and every day.

StoopTroup
7/21/2011, 06:45 PM
This and this:

Your philanthropic work here at SFs has been quite astonishing.

StoopTroup
7/21/2011, 06:48 PM

Goodnight!

JrkRSaJJEJ8&ob=av3n

C&CDean
7/21/2011, 08:48 PM
*imbecile

And you fell for it again. Judas H. Priest smoking a crack pipe you followers are gullible. To the impth degree...

GKeeper316
7/21/2011, 09:01 PM
And you fell for it again. Judas H. Priest smoking a crack pipe you followers are gullible. To the impth degree...

ahhh the classic "i meant to do that" excuse...

My Opinion Matters
7/21/2011, 09:12 PM

*umpth

DIB
7/21/2011, 09:15 PM
*umpth

*nth

My Opinion Matters
7/21/2011, 09:19 PM
*nth

*menthe

DIB
7/21/2011, 09:30 PM
*menthe

*mensch

Sooner24
7/21/2011, 09:53 PM

That's because so many of them are having to raise the bastard children of your generation.

OutlandTrophy
7/21/2011, 09:54 PM
That's because so many of them are having to raise the bastard children of your generation.

thanks for pointing out that a great deal of them were ****ty parents. hopefully they do better with the grandkids.

;)

Sooner24
7/21/2011, 10:26 PM
thanks for pointing out that a great deal of them were ****ty parents. hopefully they do better with the grandkids.

;)

Watch about a month or so of Maury and you will notice there's not a lot of Baby Boomers pumping out bastard kids with most of them still not knowing who their baby daddys are.

tommieharris91
7/21/2011, 10:30 PM
Watch about a month or so of Maury and you will notice there's not a lot of Baby Boomers pumping out bastard kids with most of them still not knowing who their baby daddys are.

Some of us have jobs.

Sooner24
7/21/2011, 11:43 PM
Some of us have jobs.

Most of you don't.

tommieharris91
7/21/2011, 11:48 PM
Most of you don't.

We're not generation Y'ers.

Sooner_Tuf
7/22/2011, 01:21 AM
Some of you make a damn good argument for hiring illegals.

C&CDean
7/22/2011, 07:05 AM
*nth

you sucka to

The
7/22/2011, 08:06 AM

That would lead me to believe that they did a ****ty job of raising their kids in the first place.

George Anthony = Baby Boomer.

Jerome Ersland = Baby Boomer.

Charles Manson = Baby Boomer.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 08:25 AM
That would lead me to believe that they did a ****ty job of raising their kids in the first place.

George Anthony = Baby Boomer.

Jerome Ersland = Baby Boomer.

Charles Manson = Baby Boomer.

The list of Gen X convicts would probably far outshine that list.

OutlandTrophy
7/22/2011, 08:27 AM
would or would probably?

:)