PDA

View Full Version : Baby Boomers = Worst. Generation. Ever.

Pages : 1 [2]

The
7/22/2011, 08:33 AM
The list of Gen X convicts would probably far outshine that list.

Osama Bin Laden = Baby Boomer.

David Koresh = Baby Boomer.

Janet Reno = Baby Boomer.

Rick Astley = Baby Boomer.

OutlandTrophy
7/22/2011, 08:34 AM
Bernie Madoff = Baby Boomer

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 08:43 AM
Eric Harris = Gen X

Dylan Klebold = Gen X

My Opinion Matters
7/22/2011, 08:43 AM
John Blake= Baby Boomer

The
7/22/2011, 08:46 AM
Mike Lupica = Baby Boomer.

John Wayne Gacy = Baby Boomer.

The
7/22/2011, 08:48 AM
Mike moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about = Baby Boomer.

John Wayne Gacy = Baby Boomer.

Now THAT'S a post filter...

DIB
7/22/2011, 08:48 AM
We're not generation Y'ers.

How cute. Is this when the crusty Boomers and easily confused GenXers unite against those young whippersnapper GenYers? My generation actually has a work ethic. We have to make up for the previous two ****-ups.

DIB
7/22/2011, 08:51 AM
Eric Harris = Gen Y

Dylan Klebold = Gen Y

fxd

If you need help understanding generations, I can point you to some websites

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 08:53 AM
fxd

If you need help understanding generations, I can point you to some websites

The exact date range that constitutes Generation X is the subject of diverging opinions. Part of the variance comes from slightly differing definitions of what exactly Generation X is. Geography can also influence date ranges. Another problem stems from the difficulty in exactly defining a generation by birth year, as Fran Kick explains, "please understand that there are no hard and fast lines that occur between December 31st of one year and January 1st of the next. More often than not, it's a shift that occurs over three to five years, maybe more depending on who you ask."[11] Most sources cite a start in the mid 1960s. Some cite an end date before the end of the 1970s. Others cite an end in the early 1980s; the birth years of 1981 and 1982[12][13][14] are cited as common end dates, with either depending on geographics, researcher, or the determination of what year the first millennial generation officially left grade school.[5]

Eric David Harris (April 9, 1981 – April 20, 1999) and Dylan Bennet Klebold (September 11, 1981 – April 20, 1999)

The
7/22/2011, 08:54 AM
How cute. Is this when the crusty Boomers and easily confused GenXers unite against those young whippersnapper GenYers? My generation actually has a work ethic. We have to make up for the previous two ****-ups.

They're calling themselves "Millennials" now.

tator
7/22/2011, 08:54 AM
This thread is awesome, thank you to everyone involved.

Carry on.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 08:56 AM
As a baby boomer I want to thank all you whiney Gen X people for paying into Social security so I can vacation in my retirement years. :)

The
7/22/2011, 08:57 AM
As a baby boomer I want to thank all you whiney Gen X people for paying into Social security so I can vacation in my retirement years. :)

It'll be gone in a few years. Then we'll send you in front of a death panel.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 08:59 AM
It'll be gone in a few years. Then we'll send you in front of a death panel.

Their going to keep bleeding you suckers for it so it won't dry up until you need it. :D

I'm gonna get on the Obama care plan and enjoy my retirment years. :D

The
7/22/2011, 09:01 AM
Their going to keep bleeding you suckers for it so it won't dry up until you need it. :D

I'm gonna get on the Obama care plan and enjoy my retirment years. :D

P36x8rTb3jI

tommieharris91
7/22/2011, 09:03 AM

A lot of them aren't out of high school yet. The Baby Boomers hire illegals to work the fry cookers instead of them right now.

1 out of 4 teens looking for work can't find a job right now.

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 09:04 AM
They're calling themselves "Millennials" now.

that's like * calling a cow a longhorn... a turd in a tuxedo is still a turd.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:05 AM
P36x8rTb3jI

I'm with her. :cool:

I have decided instead of working I will let the Generation X whiners support me.

The
7/22/2011, 09:06 AM
that's like * calling a cow a longhorn... a turd in a tuxedo is still a turd.

I like the Millenials. 4chan is awesome.

Sooner24
A lot of them aren't out of high school yet. The Baby Boomers hire illegals to work the fry cookers instead of them right now.

Because they don't want to work. They just want to wander the streets and play video games.

KantoSooner
Amy Winehouse = Not Boomer, probably not of this planet

Lindsay Lohan = anyone claiming her?

Michael Vick = Not Boomer

Russian Goth Guy Who Ate His Girlfriend = Not Boomer

Official Lizard of Oklahoma = mountain BOOMER

Billy Sims = BOOMAH!

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2011, 09:07 AM
Horsepigs - Gen Y

/thread

The
7/22/2011, 09:07 AM
Billy Sims = BOOMAH!

This is quality posting.

DIB
7/22/2011, 09:08 AM
The exact date range that constitutes Generation X is the subject of diverging opinions. Part of the variance comes from slightly differing definitions of what exactly Generation X is. Geography can also influence date ranges. Another problem stems from the difficulty in exactly defining a generation by birth year, as Fran Kick explains, "please understand that there are no hard and fast lines that occur between December 31st of one year and January 1st of the next. More often than not, it's a shift that occurs over three to five years, maybe more depending on who you ask."[11] Most sources cite a start in the mid 1960s. Some cite an end date before the end of the 1970s. Others cite an end in the early 1980s; the birth years of 1981 and 1982[12][13][14] are cited as common end dates, with either depending on geographics, researcher, or the determination of what year the first millennial generation officially left grade school.[5]

Eric David Harris (April 9, 1981 – April 20, 1999) and Dylan Bennet Klebold (September 11, 1981 – April 20, 1999)

Generation X' is a term used to refer to the group of people born in the late 1960s and 1970s, and 'Generation Y' refers to those born between the late 1970s and early 1990s. From the the American Association of Law Libraries

Generation Y, made up of those born between 1977 and 1990...

eWeek's IT Management and Project Management News

I could site sources from all the management books I have read that give the same time frame, but I like this one that invents a new generation.

XY Cusp, also known as the MTV Generation or Doom Generation, was caught between the end of Generation X and start of Generation Y, mainly living out their childhood through the 80s and teen years in the mid-90s. This generation was influenced by the launch of MTV, the popularization of Web technology circa ’95, segmented musical tastes, the evolution of 80s glam fashions into grunge and the remainder of Generation X, many of whom were older siblings. (1975-1985).

I guess I'm a cusper.

The
7/22/2011, 09:09 AM
Oh **** yeah, DOOM Generation!

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:12 AM
From the the American Association of Law Libraries

I could site sources from all the management books I have read that give the same time frame, but I like this one that invents a new generation.

I guess I'm a cusper.

Looks like there is a big difference of opinion what makes Gen X and Gen Y.

They should just lump them all together and call them Gen W for whiners.

The
7/22/2011, 09:13 AM
Looks like there is a big difference of opinion what makes Gen X and Gen Y.

They should just lump them all together and call them Gen W for whiners.
http://mlkshk.com/r/19SZ

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:15 AM
What has been Gen X big contribution to society?

tommieharris91
7/22/2011, 09:15 AM
From the the American Association of Law Libraries

I guess I'm a cusper.

Well damn. It's been 10 years since I was out of high school. I'm a DOOM generation guy too.

I blame the whippersnapper Millenials for all of our problems now. Gotta tell them to get off their lazy asses and do hard work in the fry kitchens.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:20 AM
Here's an idea why don't you Gen X whiners go a full 24 hours without using anything that was invented by a Baby Boomer and see how that works for you.

See you back here in 24 hours. :pop:

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:21 AM
And stay off those cell phones too. :pop:

The
7/22/2011, 09:23 AM
And stay off those cell phones too. :pop:

This is silly. This thread isn't about technology, which is bettered by each generation.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:25 AM
This is silly. This thread isn't about technology, which is bettered by each generation.

Couldn't do it huh. :D

DIB
7/22/2011, 09:25 AM

I bet you can't go 24 hours without breathing :pop:

The
7/22/2011, 09:28 AM

Why don't you 24 hours without using electricity?

Congratulations. Your generation invented the cell phone. Except they were the crappy bag phones and early Nokias. Why don't you just use those, and we'll keep on using the iPhones and Androids that the DOOM generation invented.

DIB
7/22/2011, 09:33 AM
So, are the rules that you can only use inventions that your own generation invented? I might agree, if it means that each generation only has to solve their own problems.

3rdgensooner
7/22/2011, 09:37 AM
I think I should try to go 24 hours without reading this thread.

The
7/22/2011, 09:39 AM
I think I should try to go 24 hours without reading this thread.

You should read the Appeal to Management thread instead. We're planning on volunteering you for MOD.

DIB
7/22/2011, 09:42 AM
3GMOD!

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 09:44 AM
remember when you were a kid, and your friends would be playing a game that had boundries... like the sidewalk is lava and the bushes are a pit of snakes? ya so they'd be playing thier game and then you come walking up on the sidewalk and they're like "omg you can't be there! you're standing in lava!" and you'd be like woah wait a sec hold up there, i wasn't around when you guys made the rules, so why do i have to follow em?

thats how i feel about most laws in this country.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:47 AM
I bet you can't go 24 hours without breathing :pop:

Did Gen X invent air?

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:49 AM
Why don't you 24 hours without using electricity?

Congratulations. Your generation invented the cell phone. Except they were the crappy bag phones and early Nokias. Why don't you just use those, and we'll keep on using the iPhones and Androids that the DOOM generation invented.

I'm not the one whining about the previous generation.

Steve Jobs is Doom generation?

DIB
7/22/2011, 09:49 AM
Did Gen X invent air?

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:50 AM
So, are the rules that you can only use inventions that your own generation invented? I might agree, if it means that each generation only has to solve their own problems.

Like I said I'm not the one whining about previous generations like you are.

The
7/22/2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not the one whining about the previous generation.

Steve Jobs is Doom generation?

Again, if you had read the thread, you can clearly see that it is pointing out FACTS. That is not whining. You're like the fourth person to pop up with that.

And Steve Jobs did not invent the iPhone. An engineer from Pakistan did.

Sooner24

So they did invent air? Wow who knew. :eek:

DIB
Like I said I'm not the one whining about previous generations like you are.

Of course not. The generation before you was actually worth a damn.

Sooner24
Again, if you had read the thread, you can clearly see that it is pointing out FACTS. That is not whining. You're like the fourth person to pop up with that.

Pretty much comes off as whining. :D

The
7/22/2011, 09:53 AM

Facts hurt.

DIB

Only if you are defensive. If my generation was a failure, I would get defensive, too.

Sooner24

What was his name?

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:54 AM
Only if you are defensive. If my generation was a failure, I would get defensive, too.

You are you just don't know it yet.

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 09:54 AM
What was his name?

smartguy mcterrorist.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:55 AM
Facts hurt.

Whining makes it better for you I guess.

DIB
7/22/2011, 09:57 AM
You are you just don't know it yet.

You're generation is kind of like a person that is having an affair. They constantly accuse others of having one so they don't have to deal with the guilt of their personal failings.

We aren't the ones that bankrupted the government and destroyed corporate America.

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 09:58 AM
You're generation is kind of like a person that is having an affair. They constantly accuse others of having one so they don't have to deal with the guilt of their personal failings.

We aren't the ones that bankrupted the government and destroyed corporate America.

Only because we beat you to it. :D

"Whine on Silver Moon"

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 10:00 AM
Only because we beat you to it. :D

"Whine on Silver Moon"

this single post has changed my mind about social security. i am now of the opinion that nobody gets any, and if you're ****in old and rely on social security to keep you alive, we're better off without your ***.

DIB
7/22/2011, 10:01 AM
this single post has changed my mind about social security. i am now of the opinion that nobody gets any, and if you're ****in old and rely on social security to keep you alive, we're better off without your ***.

It's never too late for death panels

Sooner24
7/22/2011, 10:02 AM
For a hard working Generation you guys sure have a lot of time to spend on the computer.

Well it's off to the golf course so you whiners carry on. Oh and try to get something done worth while today while you're at it.

Whiners.

GKeeper316
7/22/2011, 10:03 AM
For a hard working Generation you guys sure have a lot of time to spend on the computer.

i'm sitting around the office waiting for the old *** baby boomer to get his **** done so i can get my **** done... odd how i always have to wait on old people...

DIB
7/22/2011, 10:04 AM

Well it's off to the golf course so you whiners carry on. Oh and try to get something done worth while today while you're at it.

Whiners.

Poor old guy, I didn't realize that it was my generation that invented multitasking.

PS. 80% of my work is on a computer.

Jammin'
7/22/2011, 10:17 AM
Poor old guy, I didn't realize that it was my generation that invented multitasking.

PS. 80% of my work is on a computer.

jacking it to pron is not work DIB, we've been over this.

ON Edit: this has been a great read. thank you all. especially you **** for proving the op correct.

My Opinion Matters
7/22/2011, 10:17 AM
Work...on a computer? Nonsense!

DIB
7/22/2011, 10:18 AM
jacking it to pron is not work DIB, we've been over this.

ON Edit: this has been a great read. thank you all. especially you **** for proving the op correct.

It is if they ppppppay me!

Jammin'
7/22/2011, 10:26 AM
It is if they ppppppay me!

touche. I think this is exactly the type of cushy job dean was speaking of.

congratulations to you!

dwarthog
7/22/2011, 10:26 AM

Facts, presented here?

Harrumph....

JN99jshaQbY

bikerdood
7/22/2011, 12:38 PM
You folks are forgetting about us "Generation Jones's". It's easy to do, because we just STFU and keep on working...

soonercruiser
7/22/2011, 12:42 PM
It's never too late for death panels

You're "covered"!
They are in the Obamacare legislation!

But, you will have to be a $BIG Obama donor to be on that committee.