PDA

View Full Version : ? about I-35 south from OKC

ouwasp
7/17/2011, 10:16 PM
I'm driving down to Davis later this week. Made this drive a couple yrs ago and the traffic south from OKC was so slow... for no apparent reason. I didn't see massive construction, just long lines of cars barely moving.

Is it better now?

sooner59
7/18/2011, 12:21 AM
There had to have been a reason. If there aren't lanes closed due to construction, accidents, or it being a holiday weekend, its normally fine. I'm from Davis and I have gone back and forth from Norman/OKC to Davis for the past 8 years. Except for those cases listed, its business as usual. Must have been something going on last time you went. Now, in the past year or two, there has been lane closings either north or south bound most of the time due to construction. I haven't actually made the trip in the last two weeks, but I went on 4th of July weekend and it actually wasn't that bad. Unless they closed some more road for construction since then, it shouldn't be bad this week. I wouldn't think so anyway.

ouwasp
7/18/2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks. Honestly, I don't know why the traffic was so slow. Around Pauls Valley, I think it was, a lane was closed for the longest time... probably some sort of low-key construction.

delhalew
7/18/2011, 07:26 AM
The Pauls Valley area was under construction, but that stretch is done now.

jk the sooner fan
7/18/2011, 07:27 AM
yeah the main construction now is down by Marietta

Midtowner
7/18/2011, 07:30 AM
Or if someone was pulled over changing a tire, it could've just been rubberneckers.

delhalew
7/18/2011, 07:30 AM
yeah the main construction now is down by Marietta

And has been for an eternity

walkoffsooner
7/18/2011, 08:55 AM
I have noticed this phenom too.

87sooner
7/18/2011, 09:06 AM
Or if someone was pulled over changing a tire, it could've just been rubberneckers.

this is the most likely culprit...
depending on the time of day and the day of the week....a little extra traffic and a dog walking on the side of the road and the interstate turns into a parking lot...

we drove thru mobile alabama a few weeks ago....
cars were stopped on the interstate 5 miles before the tunnel....
it took 45 minutes to go that 5 miles.....
cars were going 10-15mph thru the tunnel....
.then you get thru the tunnel and it was back up to 70mph...
people are stupid....all it takes is for one idiot to tap his/her breaks and it's a massive chain reaction