PDA

View Full Version : Book 'em whorns

Ruf/Nek7
7/17/2011, 12:12 PM
Carrying on the tradition away from college.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6777620/cincinnati-bengals-cedric-benson-jailed-family-assault-charge

CrescentCityOUAlum
7/17/2011, 12:22 PM
But I thought Mack only recruits players who are deacons of their churches. Clearly there is something inconsistent here.

Flagstaffsooner
7/17/2011, 12:35 PM
You can take the whorn out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of the whorn.

JLEW1818
7/17/2011, 01:36 PM
heh.

Scott D
7/17/2011, 02:30 PM
When I first read it I pictured the family member telling police "But Ced said that I could have the old Plasma TV since he got the new bigger one."

GKeeper316
7/17/2011, 02:52 PM
But I thought Mack only recruits players who are deacons of their churches. Clearly there is something inconsistent here.

are you somehow implying that this young man isn't a fine upstanding law-abiding christian?

NMSooner'80
7/18/2011, 12:16 AM
I'm sure the hush-money is being raised to keep further charges from being filed, as we speak.

This is the fan / alumni base that thinks that 250-pound tight ends can pummel a 130-pound student, and it's the smaller guy's fault (the Brock Edwards incident from a few years back).... :confused:

fwsooner22
7/18/2011, 07:30 AM
Herr will be here in awhile telling us that we just don't understand.....and then reminding us about Dusty and stolen gas. That's how they make themselves feel better.

KantoSooner
7/18/2011, 08:36 AM
Any updates on the girl-guides who were set up for rape by the coaching staff? <as I understand the story, I'm just repeating rumors here, folks.> I'm bored with the simple assaults, weed possession, arms possession, robbery, house invasion, DUI, obstruction, grand theft, D&D etc that we have to make due with of late.

47straight
7/18/2011, 10:01 AM
I'm sure the hush-money is being raised to keep further charges from being filed, as we speak.

This is the fan / alumni base that thinks that 250-pound tight ends can pummel a 130-pound student, and it's the smaller guy's fault (the Brock Edwards incident from a few years back).... :confused:

That's right. Brock Edwards. The guy charged with a felony that Mack kept on the team. The name that Herr Scholz doesn't want you to know when he claims Mack has never kept a felony-charged player on the team.

mgsooner
7/18/2011, 10:36 AM
Ced's dead, baby. Ced's dead.

NMSooner'80
7/18/2011, 01:25 PM
That's right. Brock Edwards. The guy charged with a felony that Mack kept on the team. The name that Herr Scholz doesn't want you to know when he claims Mack has never kept a felony-charged player on the team.

I'm sure Royal's bunch, back when I was in high school in the 70's, was really able to cover up any barroom brawls, incidents with women, etc. But I also remember in the 80's they had some stuff going on that the Bevoid alumni and the compliant pro-UT media in Texas, was more than happy to cover up for them as well. Same folks (media homers and alumni loud-mouths) also managed to forget they didn't start recruiting Blacks until '71 but said other schools who did recruit Black players out of Texas were "buying" them.

I could be wrong, so I won't list the names, but they had a star offensive player who was rumored to have been wandering Austin neighborhoods nude and high. And a star defensive player was accused of rape, as far as I remember. But, back then they were especially "protected" and their alumni/media homers loved to lob similar charges at other schools, especially OU and A&M.

SoonerNomad
7/18/2011, 01:39 PM
I've never understood why we bash other teams over these incidents, like it is the tone of the program. Maybe it is our view that Texas holds itself out as being better than they really are, but so do most schools. I find the incidents embarrassing for the school and the individual, but I try not to read into a system wide problem based on the bizarre activities of a few.

As an OU fan I don't believe the program is defined by those players that have committed crimes or rules violations. I guess you believe the Texas administration and/or Coach Brown are condoning this action, but I don't see that at all.

Cedric Benson is one of those enormous talents that was coddled in high school and appears to have never matured. He obviously has anger issues that are exacerbated by alcohol and drug use. I remember the TV incident, labeled as breaking and entering, in Austin where he angrily went to get a TV back from someone that he said belonged to him. He was given a second opportunity based on Coach Brown's reading of the situation and didn't get in serious trouble again until he turned pro. That type of second chance has been given at most schools, including Oklahoma.

He is not a symbol that Texas lacks discipline, no more than Dusty was in Oklahoma. He appears to have a problem that has cost him jobs in the past and may do so again in the future.

Peach Fuzz
7/18/2011, 01:51 PM
^^ agreed... this is weak sauce...

I really don't see how this is texass/macks fault.

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 01:56 PM
There is a difference Nomad. Ced's a moron, Dusty is a cool mofo.

badger
7/18/2011, 02:26 PM
^^ agreed... this is weak sauce...

Not to badmouth Texas more than they deserve, hehehelololol, but there is in fact a connection here: Both this incident and the bar fight arrest last year WERE IN AUSTIN.

Now... Cedric is from Midland, Texas, which is waaaaay the eff away from Austin. Cedric plays pro ball in Cincinnati, which is even waaaaaaaaaayer the effer awayer from Austin.

What is the connection?

Texas. UT. Whorn. Mack? Maybe not Mack. But definitely texas/ut/whorn.

I remember when he cut his Ricky Williams hair right before the draft to distance himself from that weedie's reputation. Perhaps he should distance himself from Austin (aka Texas/UT/whorn) if he wants to save his reputation from all the damage he's already inflicted on it. In Austin. Not Midland, not Cincy, AUSTIN. Texas. UT. Whorn. AUSTIN.

Herr Scholz
7/18/2011, 02:31 PM
Ced acts like a complete fool whenever he comes back to Austin. He should probably stay away.

NMSooner'80
7/18/2011, 02:31 PM
Seriously, I know it's not UT's fault that various athletes have screwed up - but with me it's always a case of knowing how quick their lackeys are to point fingers at OU. That not only goes for player arrests, but also for perceived "clean" program ideas.

UT has always struck me as a place where they really think they're the moral guardians for college sports, and that everyone else - especially the schools who beat them with some regularity - is "cheating, lawless scum."

unbiasedtruth
7/18/2011, 02:35 PM
I think Cedric is gay and he had a spat with an ex-lover that wouldnt leave....

47straight
7/18/2011, 02:53 PM
I've never understood why we bash other teams over these incidents, like it is the tone of the program. Maybe it is our view that Texas holds itself out as being better than they really are, but so do most schools. I find the incidents embarrassing for the school and the individual, but I try not to read into a system wide problem based on the bizarre activities of a few..

You don't have to live here with these dangerous horn players.

Herr Scholz
7/18/2011, 03:21 PM

I admitted I was wrong on that. I don't claim that.

fwsooner22
7/18/2011, 03:57 PM

^That right there is why Herr gets a pass with me (Sometimes). Not many stick around and admit they were wrong. Some of us could take notice.

ATX Sooner
7/18/2011, 04:43 PM
You don't have to live here with these dangerous horn players.

As Herr recently told me, "you're free to leave anytime".

TheHumanAlphabet
7/18/2011, 04:59 PM

Grasshopper, Everything is saxet or Mack's fault...

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 05:02 PM
As Herr recently told me, "you're free to leave anytime".

Because Her is in charge? He just hangs out here because he's a closet Sooner Fan.

Seriously how much fun could it be to be whorn fan? I saw where Mack isn't going to allow GG to attend Big 12 media days. Don't you think people want to hear from their QB?

badger
7/18/2011, 05:13 PM
I saw where Mack isn't going to allow GG to attend Big 12 media days. Don't you think people want to hear from their QB?

Because we are all about being fair to the whorns now (apparently, hehe), remember that Mike Leach did about the same thing at Tech --- instead of bringing higher profile players to media days (the Crabtrees and the Harrells), he'd bring lesser known players so they'd have their own time in the spotlight.

Maybe that's what Mack is going for?

Or perhaps... I need a troll face to say this...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png
GG isn't gonna be the starter.

:eek:

:D doesn't matter. we'll beat whorn no matter who's under center

Sooner_Tuf
7/18/2011, 05:16 PM
He brought him last year.

badger
7/18/2011, 05:20 PM
He brought him last year.

I know. I was having fun :)

But my troll face comment does have a little bit of merit. There is no question that GG should have been benched more than he was last year and mack daddy doesn't have Greg Davis to throw under the bus this year for offensive woes. Even if GG starts against the non-conference cream puff opener, whoever that is, mack will be pressured to make a change if GG doesn't stop completing passes to opposing players.

Also, I saw on some blog or message board or something somewhere that Mack has been sheltering all quarterbacks from the media since the A&M loss. Methinks that media blackout is still in effect.

47straight
7/19/2011, 01:09 AM
At the risk of having missed it and having to stick my foot in my mouth...

^That right there is why Herr gets a pass with me (Sometimes). Not many stick around and admit they were wrong. Some of us could take notice.

Herr, you lying sack of ****. When was this grand revelation?

Was it... when I originally pointed out Brock ****ing Edwards?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153546&page=4

No, you didn't fess up then. Didn't see you apologizing for blaming Frank Alexander for getting stabbed either.

I brought it up again. Was it then that you fessed up?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3235764&highlight=brock#post3235764

Nope. Nothing there.

How about this time?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3282114&highlight=brock#post3282114

Nope. Nothing there.

What's funny is that I could bring up Brock Edwards in response to every single post of yours from now until the start of the season, and I'm not sure if I'd match the number of times you tried to play the Chaisson card.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/19/2011, 04:12 AM
I hear ESPN is going to start a 24/7 Cedric Benson Arrest Network!!!