PDA

View Full Version : Race related question

Caboose
7/17/2011, 10:02 AM
I have noticed that whenever I see a man and woman couple in a car and the man happens to be black that the chances of the woman being the driver rise substantially.
In the general population it seems that the man drives the car almost by default.... but among the black population it seems much closer to a 50/50 ratio of woman to man drivers...maybe even 60/40 or 70/30 favoring women.

Is this a "black thing"? If so, please explain it's origins.

soonerprices
7/17/2011, 10:08 AM
My wife drives.

Caboose
7/17/2011, 10:10 AM
My wife drives.

Cool story bro. Any insight on why black men might drive less than men in the general population?

XingTheRubicon
7/17/2011, 10:15 AM
the owner usually drives

the-rover
7/17/2011, 10:25 AM
I can't explain. I always drive. Not black.

Mongo
7/17/2011, 10:33 AM
I predict good things from this thread

Sooner_Tuf
7/17/2011, 10:34 AM
Every race I have ever been to there has only been one person in each car.

tcrb
7/17/2011, 10:42 AM
I can honestly say that have never noticed this.

SouthCarolinaSooner
7/17/2011, 11:09 AM
As long as its not asian women driving...although black women aren't much better at it

soonervegas
7/17/2011, 11:10 AM
I have noticed it, but I do think everytime is a huge stretch and it had most always been younger adults when I have noticed.

It's either a clash of classes or maybe there isn't a premium on car ownership at 16 or 17 with the African American community like there is in the Anglo community.

Interesting social question though....

JohnnyMack
7/17/2011, 11:29 AM
End well. This thread will not.

Mongo
7/17/2011, 11:32 AM
End well. This thread will not.

but it will be awesome

sappstuf
7/17/2011, 11:32 AM
the owner usually drives

Man do I love dry, understated posts.

GKeeper316
7/17/2011, 11:36 AM
As long as its not asian women driving...although black women aren't much better at it

at least the asian chick just goes slow... black women are the worst drivers on the road.

sappstuf
7/17/2011, 11:39 AM

pezdwLmU2H4

jumperstop
7/17/2011, 11:45 AM
My roommate is black, has a car but doesn't run. He spends all his extra money on beer. He's 24 but his 18 year old gf drives his everywhere. And when she's not available he's bumming off friends. I wouldn't want to be a grown *** man needed rides like a little kid all the time. Black people must not care about being losers and needed rides all the time...
I always drive with my gf unless I'm too drunk, I'm white fwiw.

3rdgensooner
7/17/2011, 11:50 AM
All the black men I have ever known drive. And, I see black men I do not know driving all the time. The OPs anecdotal story doesn't apply to my experiences.

texaspokieokie
7/17/2011, 11:50 AM
My wife drives.

But does she race ??

Thaumaturge
7/17/2011, 11:57 AM
All the black men I have ever known drive. And, I see black men I do not know driving all the time. The OPs anecdotal story doesn't apply to my experiences.

Your problem is you're not looking for the data hard enough.

Breadburner
7/17/2011, 12:04 PM
What are their seat and body positions I think this should be discussed as well.....

soonerprices
7/17/2011, 12:19 PM
But does she race ??

It depends on her mood.

65Mustang
7/17/2011, 12:58 PM
It seems to me that when older couples are seen driving, that the female usually drives.
Does this mean that older white men are becoming black?

Chuck Bao
7/17/2011, 01:33 PM

In Asia, the women drive so much better than the men. Okay, it is not so much that but I am always a little fearful that the men will pull a gun out from under the seat and shoot me.

cccasooner2
7/17/2011, 02:04 PM
I have noticed that whenever I see a man and woman couple in a car and the man happens to be black that the chances of the woman being the driver rise substantially.
In the general population it seems that the man drives the car almost by default.... but among the black population it seems much closer to a 50/50 ratio of woman to man drivers...maybe even 60/40 or 70/30 favoring women.

Did you call 911 and report a car jacking in progress?

lexsooner
7/17/2011, 02:24 PM

I can't say I have noticed this phenomenon. I realize I am stereotyping, but Asian women do drive slow and are generally not very good drivers, especially the ones who are immigrants. The most entitled drivers are white males, whether they drive nice cars or are rednecks driving trash mobiles or pickups or young white dudes in little subcompacts. White guys are the most likely to tailgate or speed. Interestingly, the black males I see driving are not nearly as aggressive on the road as white guys, even though they would probably be considered much more masculine and macho than most white guys. I have always wondered why that is so. The same goes for Hispanic guys. Black and Hispanic males are generally much more masculine than white males, but it is the white guys who drive the most aggressively.

Scott D
7/17/2011, 02:34 PM
Every race I have ever been to there has only been one person in each car.

this is the numba.one post in this thread

Scott D
7/17/2011, 02:37 PM
I have noticed it, but I do think everytime is a huge stretch and it had most always been younger adults when I have noticed.

It's either a clash of classes or maybe there isn't a premium on car ownership at 16 or 17 with the African American community like there is in the Anglo community.

Interesting social question though....

In most cities there isn't a premium on car ownership period. in poorer parts of those cities there is even less of a premium on car ownership, especially in regards to teenagers.

FWIW, I drive everywhere, even if both my wife and I had been drinking, I would be the one behind the wheel...not that that scenario would ever ever ever happen.

87sooner
7/17/2011, 02:43 PM
i'm a white male..
i speed...i tailgate...
and i drive...
if i'm not behind the wheel...i get nautious...

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2011, 02:52 PM

are they in the left lane? going 10mph slower than everybody else? refusing to move to the slow lane?

if so - then yes, i agree

edit: i meant to say "defiantly going slower in the left lane"

Scott D
7/17/2011, 03:00 PM
Why is the ratio of Mustang drivers 80/20 in favor of women, except in New Jersey where it's taken over for the 80s Camaro as the car of choice for young Italian males?

jk the sooner fan
7/17/2011, 03:03 PM
why do the japanese make such great cars but crappy drivers?

Scott D
7/17/2011, 03:05 PM
wapid twanzit buwwit twains?

lexsooner
7/17/2011, 04:41 PM
It seems to me that when older couples are seen driving, that the female usually drives.
Does this mean that older white men are becoming black?

That is generally true. I think it is because the woman is in better physical and mental shape than the man, so she drives. The woman is often younger and healthier and the more qualified to drive, so she does.

SoonerHoops
7/17/2011, 04:46 PM
Have you guys ever noticed that white people with Native American license plates are always turrible drivers?

stevo
7/17/2011, 04:48 PM
soonerhoops is black and i let him drive my car..

drive it like he stole it..

pea ess...i can't believe you guys make such racist threads over here!!!!!

En_Fuego
7/17/2011, 04:54 PM
Have you guys ever noticed that white people with Native American license plates are always turrible drivers?

^^^These People^^^

Mongo
7/17/2011, 04:56 PM

shut up honkey

C&CDean
7/17/2011, 05:02 PM

racial. Not racist. There's a difference you know?

My Opinion Matters
7/17/2011, 05:28 PM
I would never drive where black people drive.

Turd_Ferguson
7/17/2011, 05:46 PM
Have you guys ever noticed that white people with Native American license plates are always turrible drivers?That's because there always tore up on fire water and they have no insurance...

AlboSooner
7/17/2011, 06:03 PM
why do the japanese make such great cars but crappy drivers?

they must not care to drive well, because you can't say asians have poor eye-hand-feet coordination, or that they lack the smarts.

jumperstop
7/17/2011, 06:26 PM
Why is the ratio of Mustang drivers 80/20 in favor of women, except in New Jersey where it's taken over for the 80s Camaro as the car of choice for young Italian males?

Cause they're plentiful and cheap. It's number one car for high school kids, especially the females. In high school I was waiting to pull out of the parking lot with my gf in her mustang, and there were six mustangs in a row pass right in front of us before we could turn out.

Caboose
7/17/2011, 07:12 PM
Did you call 911 and report a car jacking in progress?

No why?

Caboose
7/17/2011, 07:14 PM
are they in the left lane? going 10mph slower than everybody else? refusing to move to the slow lane?

if so - then yes, i agree

edit: i meant to say "defiantly going slower in the left lane"

I haven't noticed any other driving habits of the subjects.

soonerhubs
7/17/2011, 07:16 PM
My only issues are with the drivers with Lifechurch.tv stickers. I'll make up some odds-ratios if it'll help.

northspeter
7/17/2011, 07:27 PM
i don't know about the blacks or asians... but the messicans never seem to notice when they've caused an accident, even as many of them as there are in the car.... they juss keep on driving....

Caboose
7/17/2011, 07:32 PM
My only issues are with the drivers with Lifechurch.tv stickers. I'll make up some odds-ratios if it'll help.

To be clear, I don't have an issue with black males letting/making a female drive... I was just curious why it was so much more common than in other races.

soonerhubs
7/17/2011, 07:35 PM
To be clear, I don't have an issue with black males letting/making a female drive... I was just curious why it was so much more common than in other races.

Oh I know. Sorry for the thread jack. :D

JLEW1818
7/17/2011, 08:12 PM
my **** is brown

cleller
7/18/2011, 06:44 AM
I am trying to offer an explanation without being branded by the "open minded". You know, the people that like to call anyone who disagrees with them "bigots".

Lets suppose you have a person that for WHATEVER reason has a higher likelihood of not owning a car, or not having a valid D/L. He then might tend to be seen as a passenger in another's car, rather than driving his own, right?

Further, for WHATEVER reason, economic attainment tends to lag in minority communities, which amplifies the number of males that don't own cars, get D/l's etc.

In many cases females tend to become mothers. Mothers tend to strive to provide for their children's needs. This often includes the need for a car and a driver's license.

So, draw you own opinions/conclusions.

Caboose
7/18/2011, 07:46 AM
I am trying to offer an explanation without being branded by the "open minded". You know, the people that like to call anyone who disagrees with them "bigots".

Lets suppose you have a person that for WHATEVER reason has a higher likelihood of not owning a car, or not having a valid D/L. He then might tend to be seen as a passenger in another's car, rather than driving his own, right?

Further, for WHATEVER reason, economic attainment tends to lag in minority communities, which amplifies the number of males that don't own cars, get D/l's etc.

In many cases females tend to become mothers. Mothers tend to strive to provide for their children's needs. This often includes the need for a car and a driver's license.

So, draw you own opinions/conclusions.

This sounds likely to me.

walkoffsooner
7/18/2011, 08:53 AM
Pimps don't drive.

Turd_Ferguson
7/18/2011, 10:48 AM
Pimps don't drive yo.fixed

Aldebaran
7/18/2011, 11:29 AM
Black males are more likely per capita than any other race+gender group in America to have a felony conviction.

It's the result of the modern version of Jim Crow and Southern plantation slavery all wrapped up in a neat privately operated prison industrial complex that's funded more generously than our education system.

DIB
7/18/2011, 11:36 AM
Black males are more likely per capita than any other race+gender group in America to have a felony conviction.

It's the result of the modern version of Jim Crow and Southern plantation slavery all wrapped up in a neat privately operated prison industrial complex that's funded more generously than our education system.

If God hadn't given them an extra tendon, then they wouldn't commit all those crimes. Everyone knows that God gave them the evil tendon.

Jammin'
7/18/2011, 11:50 AM
Plus, it's illegal to drive while high.

Sooner Tri
7/18/2011, 02:27 PM

Jim Crow causes people to commit felonies? Glad I've never drank any!!

WichitaSooner
7/18/2011, 02:32 PM
If God hadn't given them an extra tendon, then they wouldn't commit all those crimes. Everyone knows that God gave them the evil tendon.

Is that why they jump higher?

swardboy
7/18/2011, 09:28 PM
I think it's because black males can't sit up straight when they drive, thus rendering them unable to see the road....

Mongo
7/18/2011, 09:34 PM
come on people, knock off the race ****. everyone knows a Buick Delta 88 or an early '80's Chevy Monte Carlo are highly unreliable. it is mechanical science

KABOOKIE
7/18/2011, 09:49 PM
Most black men can't afford a car. They usually buy the rims first. But then they broke a$$ n***az. But they do have a sweet set of rims yo.

KABOOKIE
7/18/2011, 09:51 PM
Besides. Who needs a car when there's plenty of room at the back of the bus.

AlboSooner
7/18/2011, 09:58 PM
one time i touched the basketball rim. it was the greatest athletic achievement in my family's history. we still talk about it from time to time.