7/16/2011, 03:53 PM
feels good to win any bowl game.

glad that A. Luck didn't play.

N7uDgWHrVIM

PDXsooner
7/16/2011, 04:02 PM

No Andrew Luck and no Sam Bradford, the two QB's that started the year for those teams.

JLEW1818
7/16/2011, 04:03 PM
No Andrew Luck and no Sam Bradford, the two QB's that started the year for those teams.

true that!

cccasooner2
7/16/2011, 04:04 PM

A little Luck never hurts. Good vid.

SoonerofAlabama
7/16/2011, 04:11 PM
Ronnel Lewis made some nasty hits in this game. It was great to end that bowl streak too.

goingoneight
7/16/2011, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Luck didn't play either. Had luck truly played in 2009, Landry and the boys would be going for #9 this year.

MyT Oklahoma
7/16/2011, 05:20 PM
That was the first OU bowl game that I watched on my 46" flat screen TV. :D

JLEW1818
7/16/2011, 05:21 PM
That was the first OU bowl game that I watched on my 46" flat screen TV. :D

so are you 2-0 on it, in bowl games?

MyT Oklahoma
7/16/2011, 05:30 PM
2 and 0 and still counting.

icmwhOU72
7/16/2011, 06:15 PM
R lewis had a wail of a game. Do you guys think he was over-coached in the 2010 season? at some point i think that you have to let freaks play. He might miss an assignment that might lead to a first down, but you cant tell me those hits he was putting on people didnt change the momentum and feel of the game. he is a freak let the kid play

AlboSooner
7/16/2011, 07:13 PM
Im sad that Sam B and Gresham couldn't play.

SoonerRoy
7/16/2011, 10:56 PM
Good game. OU really needed a bowl win, even in a lesser bowl. Still can't believe the @#$#% Big 10 refs missed the call on punt catching interefence. That almost cost OU the game. Even if the defender was bumped 10 yards away from RB, he took several more steps while never slowing down, then crashed into our player before the ball arrived. A flag was thrown but was picked up when Harbough ran onto the field to protest.

BoulderSooner79
7/16/2011, 10:57 PM
And that's why Harbough is now making the big bucks...

King Barry's Back
7/17/2011, 08:43 AM
Very nice to see those highlights. Thanks for posting.

Also nice to be riding a bowl winning streak for a change. Let's go for three in a row this year (and try to get number 8 at the same time).

Also nice to see Mr Box jumping around in there.

The guy was clearly having a great time. That's how I like to remember people.

CrescentCityOUAlum
7/17/2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for posting the video JLEW. I had forgotten just how good a game that was. Props to the D for holding them down in the 4th qtr.

SoonerMom2
7/17/2011, 01:30 PM
My brother and I were at the game -- Stanford runner-up for Heisman running back Gerhart was supposed to run all over us but that didn't happen. He was really tired by the 4th quarter. Will never forget Gerald McCoy getting hurt and coming to the sideline telling the fans he was okay and was going back in. Winning that game was awesome! Being at the Fiesta Bowl last year and winning made me tell my brother that he is now going to our post-season games. He is 2 for 2!

During the pregame when the teams were arriving, the Sooners arrived first to be greeted by us cheering as they went by -- a lot of team members tried not to smile but it didn't work -- they came ready to play. Older members of the team smiled and were pumped so many fans were greeting them.

Security wouldn't allow us to cross over so we were still standing in front of the stupid 'tree' and the Stanford band led by an idiot in a skunk suit when the Stanford team arrived. Their coach Harbaugh was not happy when he came by us -- was very arrogant compared to his Dad who was helping coach the team and greeting everyone. Not our fault security wouldn't let us cross before they arrived. Actually it was kind of funny as the security we were talking to were supporting the Sooners and their fans.

Stanford band was dumb the whole time and not classy for playing through the awards ceremony. They were so sure they were going to beat us with Gerhart since we didn't have Sam or Gresham but when they lost they had zero class. We broke the bowl streak -- had a great time in El Paso capped off by a great win that set the stage for Landry for 2010.