PDA

View Full Version : OU stadium open to public?

Dwight
7/16/2011, 01:55 PM
I know that people are allowed to go inside the stadium, but when is it open for entry, and what gates are open? I was there this morning at around 8 and there was no way in.

OUVarsityXV
7/16/2011, 02:00 PM
I used to go to the gate to the right of the bookstore and behind the ticket office. It was always open. I used to run stairs there all the time.

Dwight
7/16/2011, 05:43 PM
I used to go to the gate to the right of the bookstore and behind the ticket office. It was always open. I used to run stairs there all the time.

Sweet. Do you know what hours it is open?

mavsfan31
7/16/2011, 06:53 PM
It gets locked down at night. I'm sure any time after 8 in the morning (if not earlier) it will be open. I think they close it all up around 9 or 10 but I'm not positive on that.

tfoolry
7/16/2011, 07:24 PM
I've been in there after midnight before the grass. Sooner Magic is something special :D

mavsfan31
7/16/2011, 07:37 PM
I've heard rumors that they have laser beams guarding the field, haha. Guess that's not true...

kelloggOUballa
7/16/2011, 07:38 PM
When I was there last week, the only gate that was open was actually to the right of the Switzer Center, very close to the locker room.

Whet
7/16/2011, 08:07 PM
I've heard rumors that they have laser beams guarding the field, haha. Guess that's not true...

They do have a system to protect the field.

Mongo
7/16/2011, 08:15 PM

hounds?

I bet it is hounds they release

olevetonahill
7/16/2011, 08:16 PM

What ya cant throw a ball around ? walk on the end zones?

Dwight
7/16/2011, 09:22 PM
When I was there last week, the only gate that was open was actually to the right of the Switzer Center, very close to the locker room.

That's where I went this morning, but it was closed.

Flagstaffsooner
7/16/2011, 09:30 PM
I went in about a year ago but the field was off limits.
In the late '70's I got some knee burns on the astroturf at night.:D

Flagstaffsooner
7/16/2011, 09:32 PM
hounds?

The Ghost of Mex.

SoonerObsession
7/16/2011, 09:53 PM
I did the Spencer Tillman leap from the 5 yard line, but only made it to the 3 yard line on the turf. Good times.

Whet
7/17/2011, 01:14 AM
hounds?

Basset hounds - lots of them!

What ya cant throw a ball around ? walk on the end zones?
No, nope.

Lott's Bandana
7/17/2011, 11:45 AM
We used to play on the turf after school and weekends back in the '70s. It was just stupid how high the hump was down the center of the field. Those turf strawberries took months to heal.

The Switzer Center and Bookstore gates are open when classes are in session so students can cut through. Right now Norman is a sweltering ghost town, so that is likely why they are closed.

sooner518
7/17/2011, 11:55 AM
i used to go there at night all the time when I was a student 2001-2005. never was dumb enough to go on the field. if you go on the field, they release dogs with bees in their mouths so that when they bark at you, they shoot bees. true story

stoopified
7/17/2011, 01:47 PM
i used to go there at night all the time when I was a student 2001-2005. never was dumb enough to go on the field. if you go on the field, they release dogs with bees in their mouths so that when they bark at you, they shoot bees. true storyI ttok my 4 yr old son on the field about this time last year and he ran up and down the sidelines(Not actually on the playing surface).

GKeeper316
7/17/2011, 03:37 PM
there's actually an apartment underneath the south endzone seats where 3 students live. they live there free of charge, the only thing that is required of them is to make sure the gates are locked and unlocked when they're supposed to be...

but these are drunken college students and may not always get thier **** taken care of.

Dwight
7/17/2011, 04:34 PM
I went there at 12 today and no gates were open. I will be giving the athletic department a call to personally ask them when it will be open.

SoonerHoops
7/17/2011, 04:34 PM
there's actually an apartment underneath the south endzone seats where 3 students live. they live there free of charge, the only thing that is required of them is to make sure the gates are locked and unlocked when they're supposed to be...

but these are drunken college students and may not always get thier **** taken care of.

There's not an apartment underneath the south endzone seats. There used to be an apartment somewhere in the stadium (for some reason I thought it was near the visitors locker room, but I'm fairly certain that no longer exists.

85sooners
7/17/2011, 05:47 PM
Heard there is a tittie bar in the stAdium

lovesOU
7/17/2011, 09:07 PM
I rode my bike into the stadium at 7pm tonight from the west gate. I rode across the south EZ and the east gate by the Switzer Center was not open so I rode all the way around the stadium and exited back through the west gate.

But I don't know when it opens and closes so really I'm no help.

Dwight
7/17/2011, 09:55 PM
I rode my bike into the stadium at 7pm tonight from the west gate. I rode across the south EZ and the east gate by the Switzer Center was not open so I rode all the way around the stadium and exited back through the west gate.

But I don't know when it opens and closes so really I'm no help.

What gate number was it?

SoonerHoops
7/17/2011, 10:27 PM
The stadium is open every week day by the Switzer Center so students can walk through to campus.

Dwight
7/17/2011, 10:45 PM
The stadium is open every week day by the Switzer Center so students can walk through to campus.

False. It wasn't open today at 12:00 pm...or yesterday at 8 am.

SoonerofAlabama
7/17/2011, 10:49 PM
Fact. Bears eat beats.

:D Sorry, sounded like Office Dwight for a second there.

sooner518
7/17/2011, 11:05 PM
There's not an apartment underneath the south endzone seats. There used to be an apartment somewhere in the stadium (for some reason I thought it was near the visitors locker room, but I'm fairly certain that no longer exists.

Back when I was a freshman (maybe sophomore) in 2001-2002, I met a couple guys who lived in that apartment and went up there a few times. The entrance was on the south wall of the east side of the stadium. The stairs and door were visible from the outside of the stadium. I honestly don't remember much about it except I remember thinking it would be weird to live there without any windows. I feel like it's not there anymore after they renovated the east bleachers in 2004, but it might still be.

GKeeper316
7/17/2011, 11:09 PM
Back when I was a freshman (maybe sophomore) in 2001-2002, I met a couple guys who lived in that apartment and went up there a few times. The entrance was on the south wall of the east side of the stadium. The stairs and door were visible from the outside of the stadium. I honestly don't remember much about it except I remember thinking it would be weird to live there without any windows. I feel like it's not there anymore after they renovated the east bleachers in 2004, but it might still be.

hmmmm 03 was my last year and i havn't been to a game since then. its possible i was wrong about its location, but i remember a daily story about the guys that lived there.

SoonerHoops
7/17/2011, 11:31 PM
False. It wasn't open today at 12:00 pm...or yesterday at 8 am.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Yeah, I know at one time it definitely did exist. I thought it was either on the west side or east side, just couldn't remember which.

StoopTroup
7/17/2011, 11:43 PM
^LOL

Keyword: Weekday

Dwight
7/18/2011, 12:24 AM
^LOL

Keyword: Weekday

You guys obviously use the Gregorian calendar. I run on Unix time.

SoonerofAlabama
7/18/2011, 12:35 AM
Fact: I am faster than 80% of all snakes.

Sorry, but this keeps happening.

sooner518
7/18/2011, 10:05 PM
Reading comprehension is your friend.

Yeah, I know at one time it definitely did exist. I thought it was either on the west side or east side, just couldn't remember which.

I'm not 100% sure it was the east side. Might've been the west side, but it definitely was not under the south bleachers.

colinreturn
7/18/2011, 10:51 PM
Always been open when I go run stairs.

SoonerHoops
7/18/2011, 11:31 PM
I'm not 100% sure it was the east side. Might've been the west side, but it definitely was not under the south bleachers.

Exactly

Fiatil
7/19/2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah I've rode my bike through there a couple of times this summer, should be open during the weekdays.