PDA

View Full Version : More on jim tressel...

OU_Sooners75
7/16/2011, 01:49 AM
Man this guy was full of screw ups!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Jim-Tressel-unacceptable-in-reporting-violations-in-2006-evaluation-071511

I would post the article, but can't do so on the ipod

AlbqSooner
7/16/2011, 06:44 AM
Tressel would climb a tree to tell a lie when it is better for him to stay on the ground and tell the truth. The truth just ain't in the boy.

CBUS_SOONER
7/16/2011, 07:19 AM
THEo$u keeps on contradicting itself also. The NCAA better nail em.

CBUS_SOONER
7/16/2011, 07:22 AM
And the citizens in the state of Ohio keep honoring Tre$$ like he is a great person. From the vest, to the books he wrote, the guy is one of the biggest frauds EVER.

CBUS_SOONER
7/16/2011, 07:29 AM
...and you are telling me that gene smith and gordon geek were in the dark the whole time...c mon they all need fired

OU-HSV
7/16/2011, 09:00 AM
Man this guy was full of screw ups!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Jim-Tressel-unacceptable-in-reporting-violations-in-2006-evaluation-071511

I would post the article, but can't do so on the ipod

Got ya covered...

Tressel 'unacceptable' in evaluation

Updated Jul 15, 2011 1:22 PM ET
COLUMBUS, OHIO (AP)
An evaluation of former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel's job performance in 2005-06 rated him as ''unacceptable'' when it came to self-reporting rules violations in a timely manner.

In addition, Tressel was issued a letter of reprimand barely six months into his tenure for giving a Buckeyes jersey to a recruit, a violation of NCAA bylaws. He was also warned that he and his staff needed to do a better job of monitoring the cars the Buckeyes players were driving - an issue that would arise years later as the NCAA investigated the football program.

Tressel also had reprimands in his personnel file for permitting an outside person to coach kickers before a full team practice and allowing the mother of a recruit on an official visit to make a call for $7.93 that was billed to the university. In addition, his file contained at least two ''letters of caution and education'' about potential NCAA violations.

The records on Tressel were all released Friday by the university as part of a public-records request. He was forced to resign on May 30 for knowing about NCAA violations by players but hiding that knowledge. Ohio State is now facing an Aug. 12 meeting before the NCAA''s committee on infractions as a result of the scandal.

In his '05-'06 evaluation, Tressel was graded ''excellent'' in 10 of 12 area. Yet the unsigned NCAA-Ohio State evaluation form also rated Tressel unacceptable in self-reporting violations and in ''timely and accurate completion of phone and unofficial visit logs.''

Tressel lost his job after it was discovered he knew back in April 2010 that players were receiving cash and discounted tattoos from the owner of a local tattoo parlor in exchange for OSU football memorabilia, but did not report them to his superiors or NCAA compliance officers until confronted with the evidence last January.

This spring, the NCAA also investigated the cars driven by Ohio State players. That subject was broached in a letter from then-athletic director Andy Geiger dated Sept. 9, 2003, that cautioned Tressel he and his staff needed to do a better job of monitoring the players' cars.

''In the course of the investigation, there were questions surrounding, among others, (redacted name's) automobiles and cell phone use,'' Geiger wrote to Tressel. ''I am writing to make it clear that the University expects you and your staff to pay attention to automobiles driven by the football student-athletes and report to the Athletic Compliance Office any unusual circumstances with respect to such automobiles.''

In the more recent investigation, the NCAA and Ohio State delved into the cars owned by and loaned to three-year starting quarterback Terrelle Pryor. Pryor announced shortly after Tressel was forced out that he would forgo his final year of eligibility to make himself available for an NFL supplemental draft.

The material released Friday by Ohio State also included:

- A letter of reprimand for allowing Dr. Pat Spurgeon to work with kickers before a full team practice. Geiger wrote: ''It is our goal to avoid all violations. ... It is your responsibility to adhere to the NCAA rules and make sure you and your coaching staff understand the importance of strict compliance with all NCAA rules.''

- Another letter of ''caution and education'' in Tressel's file, that said he allowed an unidentified student-athlete to ''practice with the team during fall camp for 19 days despite (his) not having completed his NCAA Drug Testing Consent Form.''

- A police report detailing the investigation into the theft of at least 10 pairs of Ohio State football cleats from the team's locker room inside Ohio Stadium in last November. Ohio State police interviewed the three players who said they had cleats stolen - Pryor, wide receiver DeVier Posey and leading rusher Dan Herron. The policeman later posed as a buyer on eBay and bought a pair of cleats signed by Pryor - a pair that an equipment manager said was an older model and was not one of the pairs that were stolen. No charges were filed in the case.

Tressel's attorney has said that the ex-coach intends to join Ohio State officials, including current athletic director Gene Smith and interim head coach Luke Fickell, for the August meeting before the committee on infractions.

Ohio State has suspended six players (five after Pryor's departure, including both Posey and Herron) for the first five games of the 2011 season and has vacated its 12 wins from the 2010 season, including its victory over Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl. In addition, it also self-imposed a two-year NCAA probation. The NCAA can choose to accept those penalties or can add to them.

JLEW1818
7/16/2011, 09:02 AM
this guy is a treat

zeke
7/16/2011, 09:20 AM
Tressel has always reminded me of the coach in the movie "One on One" (for those of you old enough to remember the 70's). win at all costs, mr perfect out in the public & a prick in reality.

OU_Sooners75
7/16/2011, 09:24 AM
Got ya covered...

Thank you kind sir.

+1

soonerloyal
7/16/2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.dispatch.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/sports/stories/2011/07/15/Tressel_Personnel_File_I.pdf

"This letter of caution and education will become a permanent part of our files in the Athletic Department and a permanent part of your personnel file. You need to know that involvement in violations may affect your salary and/or your employment status. I trust that you will take appropriate measures to assure that the actions of you and your staff are always in compliance with NCAA rules. I appreciate your cooperation."

Over and over and over and over and...

Yeah, a right font of personal integrity & clean program standards you had there, Bucknuts. :rolleyes:

cleller
7/16/2011, 10:35 AM
The fall line of sweater vests are gonna take a beating over this.

SoonerMom2
7/16/2011, 10:59 AM
I cannot believe when Smith took over as AD he stopped written evaluations OR did he clean out the file before the investigation really took off? I am waiting for a reporter to ask. No one gives a verbal evaluation when the previous AD kept warning Tressel about ignoring the NCAA rules. This goes back to when Tressel took over and frankly the stories that Clarrett was not eligible for the National Championship game I believe are true. This also means that Smith knew Tressel was trouble but turned a blind eye along with the President because winning was more important.

Cannot believe the comments on the Columbus Dispatch and all their honoring of Tressel. Grew up in Ohio and wouldn't give you two cents for OSU and haven't for years but I have family who sound like those fans who honor Tressel which is win at any costs and throw out the rules.

Hope the NCAA clobbers them -- been wanting to call an Uncle and just laugh but am waiting for the NCAA to lower the boom.

sooners2win
7/16/2011, 11:09 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

SoonerLB
7/16/2011, 11:14 AM

Line of the day! LOL!