PDA

View Full Version : Say what you will about the Greeks (violent image)

The
7/15/2011, 08:50 AM
But they know how to ****ing riot...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4391/ruywk.jpg

KantoSooner
7/15/2011, 11:29 AM
And that's an important thing. Unfortunately for the rioters the escalation path for the cops is very predictable.

Live ammunition.

dynersooner
7/15/2011, 11:52 AM
Hello foto (shop)

The
7/15/2011, 12:03 PM
Hello foto (shop)

Not True dat!

I have video evidence:

PlSgM6d0YRA

BU BEAR
7/15/2011, 12:08 PM
Thugs. They should be shot.

Memtig14
7/15/2011, 12:15 PM
And that's an important thing. Unfortunately for the rioters the escalation path for the cops is very predictable.

Live ammunition.

Do you blame them?

Set me on fire........I'm shooting back.

GKeeper316
7/15/2011, 12:19 PM
setting a cop on fire? that's a solid 9.8 for the greek team.

The
7/15/2011, 12:43 PM
Thugs. They should be shot.

The cops that were riding them down with their bikes? Yeah. But they got torched instead.

dynersooner
7/15/2011, 12:51 PM
Not True dat!

I have video evidence:

PlSgM6d0YRA

Stop, Drop, and Roll, dumbass...

OhU1
7/15/2011, 12:53 PM
Isn't that the guy from Terminator 2?

Lawton4Life
7/15/2011, 01:21 PM
How do you say YOU GOT SERVED in Greek?

The
7/15/2011, 01:42 PM
How do you say YOU GOT SERVED in Greek?
Σας άναψε φωτιά.

KantoSooner
7/15/2011, 01:56 PM
Do you blame them?

Set me on fire........I'm shooting back.

Absolutely not! I thought we should have handled the anti-globalization protestors in Seattle with .50 machine guns.

SouthCarolinaSooner
7/15/2011, 01:58 PM
Absolutely not! I thought we should have handled the anti-globalization protestors in Seattle with .50 machine guns.
You did watch the video, right?

Lawton4Life
7/15/2011, 02:41 PM
Σας άναψε φωτιά.

I heart you.

JohnnyMack
7/15/2011, 02:48 PM
They should have absolutely opened fire into that crowd at the point at which one of theirs got set on fire.

BU BEAR
7/15/2011, 03:14 PM
The cops that were riding them down with their bikes? Yeah. But they got torched instead.

Yes, those are the rioters I was speaking of that needed to be shot.

The
7/15/2011, 03:16 PM
Yes, those are the rioters I was speaking of that needed to be shot.

Possibly. But they were too busy kicking the thug cop's asses to be shot at that time.

KantoSooner
7/15/2011, 03:21 PM
You did watch the video, right?

Yes. And I watched the news for the past several months. And I've followed the history of street demos in Greece back to the eras of 'The Generals' back in the 1970's.
The Greek left and anarchists desperately need to be put to sleep. They are largely responsible for the social and economic problems that have held back what should otherwise be a prosperous and happy country.

Congrats, by the way, on the avatar. I can almost hear the voice...

The
7/15/2011, 03:25 PM
Yes. And I watched the news for the past several months. And I've followed the history of street demos in Greece back to the eras of 'The Generals' back in the 1970's.
The Greek left and anarchists desperately need to be put to sleep. They are largely responsible for the social and economic problems that have held back what should otherwise be a prosperous and happy country.

Congrats, by the way, on the avatar. I can almost hear the voice...

Absolutely wrong. It is the wealthy that use Greece as a tax haven because the government doesn't bother to collect taxes that is the cause of the problem.

The anarchists just happened to notice it years ago.

JohnnyMack
7/15/2011, 03:36 PM
Possibly. But they were too busy kicking the thug cop's asses to be shot at that time.

I wouldn't call those cops thugs. They looked like bitches on little motorcycles. They should have gone into those crowds with these:

http://www.pepperball.com/graphics/law/main.jpg

Pepperball FTW.

KantoSooner
7/15/2011, 04:00 PM
Absolutely wrong. It is the wealthy that use Greece as a tax haven because the government doesn't bother to collect taxes that is the cause of the problem.

The anarchists just happened to notice it years ago.

Well, you and I find something to disagree upon.

Your argument supposes that if enough money was taken from 'the wealthy' and presumably distributed to the anarchists, this would all go away.

What about that doesn't sound like a protection scheme writ large?

Also, most of 'the wealthy' I saw there, both recently and in the mid-1970's, were other Europeans who were either staying on their boats or in hotels. If in hotels, then they were paying whatever tax the hotels charged. If on boats then next to nothing....except, of course, that all of them were paying their home country taxes.

The
7/15/2011, 04:15 PM
Well, you and I find something to disagree upon.

Your argument supposes that if enough money was taken from 'the wealthy' and presumably distributed to the anarchists, this would all go away.

What about that doesn't sound like a protection scheme writ large?

Also, most of 'the wealthy' I saw there, both recently and in the mid-1970's, were other Europeans who were either staying on their boats or in hotels. If in hotels, then they were paying whatever tax the hotels charged. If on boats then next to nothing....except, of course, that all of them were paying their home country taxes.

Not an argument ABOUT taxes, per se, but Greece seriously has not bothered to collect taxes for a very long time. From anybody.

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2011/07/11/110711ta_talk_surowiecki (http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2011/07/11/110711ta_talk_surowiecki)

The Greek anarchists are a Spanish style Anarcho-Syndacalist movement that have been outspoken about the corruption of the Greek government for years now. They have their roots in fighting the dictatorships of the 40's-mid 70's. For most of that time, their enemy has been the police, who were then and are now, little more than hired thugs.

KantoSooner
7/15/2011, 04:32 PM
Well, I'd compare them more closely with Bader/Meinhof, but it's a minor complaint.
I have major issues with so-called 'revolutionary' groups who refuse to use the polls when the political process doesn't give them carte blanche. We all have to put up with less than we really want. These types seem more like angry toddlers who have not been given their way.

And the Greek cops I've encountered have been very cool (and didn't necessarily have reason to be where I was concerned). Then again, I wasn't attempting to burn down public buildings or shoot cops or civilians so I can understand that they probably got a harsher response than I did.

C&CDean
7/15/2011, 05:04 PM
Not an argument ABOUT taxes, per se, but Greece seriously has not bothered to collect taxes for a very long time. From anybody.

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2011/07/11/110711ta_talk_surowiecki (http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2011/07/11/110711ta_talk_surowiecki)

The Greek anarchists are a Spanish style Anarcho-Syndacalist movement that have been outspoken about the corruption of the Greek government for years now. They have their roots in fighting the dictatorships of the 40's-mid 70's. For most of that time, their enemy has been the police, who were then and are now, little more than hired thugs.

You seem to know a lot about Greek. Hmmm.

sooneron
7/15/2011, 06:30 PM
Mmmmmm, Greek House...

C&CDean
7/15/2011, 06:33 PM
mmmmm Greek...

sooneron
7/15/2011, 06:36 PM
sicko

AlboSooner
7/15/2011, 08:02 PM
Greeks can be very very violent. I know English soccer thugs have the rep of being violent, but they don't kill people like the Greek soccer thugs.

diverdog
7/16/2011, 08:17 AM
Greece would be great if it weren't populated with Greeks.