PDA

View Full Version : NO FEAR SOONERS - * network is going to be lame

PLaw
7/14/2011, 09:39 PM
From the Big Mac Blog in today's FW Star Telegram:

07/14/2011
A pair of Longhorns named to Butkus Award watch list; rest of starters named to Longhorn Network All-American team
The college football season is only ... not close enough away. And today, the Butkus Award listed a pair of UT linebackers in Emmanuel Acho and Keenan Robinson to the watch list; this award is given ever year to the nation's top linebacker, who may or may not actually be a student.

At this point, who cares? See ball, kill ball.

:texan: Also of note, the Longhorn Network named every other starting player for the University of Texas as preseason All-Americans. :texan: Cool, huh?
@MacEngelProf
[email protected]
Facebook Mac Engel

Posted at 04:51 PM in Texas Longhorns | Permalink
Seriously?? If those sad horns are that lame, then bring on the * network.

BOOMER

85sooners
7/14/2011, 09:40 PM
:texan:

sooner59
7/14/2011, 09:45 PM
5-7

85sooners
7/14/2011, 09:47 PM
5-7 in the face!!!!!!!!!

badger
7/14/2011, 10:23 PM
Did they also name every other game as a University of Texas win?

sooner59
7/14/2011, 10:28 PM
I hear there will be a 30 for 30 called "Murderer's Row" telling the real story behind why they lost to Iowa State, Baylor, and K-State. :pop:

Dio
7/15/2011, 09:47 AM
but... but.... we're texas! (sniff)

badger
7/15/2011, 10:55 AM
Longhorn Network schedule:

Monday: Replay of 2005 season
Tuesday: Preseason awards for every Longhorn position, player and coach. Nobody goes without an award in Austin! Not under Mack's watch.
Wednesday: Rating the Longhorn recruiting class. Everyone is 5 stars. Anything less would be not our standard.
Thursday: A tribute to Texas' Heisman winners: Both of them. Vince and Colt. Yes, they won the Heisman. Are you questioning ESPN, the Worldwide Leader in Sports?
Friday: The Texas Spring Game, followed by Toy Story 3. This will be to encourage families to watch... why are you leaving before we show the movie?!
Saturday: Mack Brown clapping. Yes, he can keep it up for 24 hours. And if you can't, you ain't no longhorn fan.
Sunday: Texas players in the pros. Yes, we are just stealing the feed from the NFL Network. Yes, our alums are widespread in the pros yet underachieve frequently.

tcrb
7/15/2011, 11:15 AM
NEWS FLASH!!!::: Pretty much everything * is lame. :texan:

batonrougesooner
7/16/2011, 08:31 AM
Can't really say I'm losing any sleep over the Longhorn network.

Scott D
7/16/2011, 10:51 AM
Somehow I'm just amused at how the best scenario happened for us....fans of every other school no longer have to listen to that smug little bastard Lowell Galindo fellating the Horns, and he gets to fellate them 24/7 to his and the longhorn faithful's greater pleasure.

soonerprices
7/16/2011, 11:05 AM
Since * just had a below average season they have now resorted to the "No Athelte Left Behind" mentality. Every player is an AA and every player gets a post season award. It is fitting since NCLB originated in Texas and now it gives birth to NALB.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/16/2011, 11:15 AM
Texas is becoming more like OsU everyday. Hell OsU is more Texas now than Texas...

opksooner
7/16/2011, 11:26 AM

Monday: Replay of 2005 season
Tuesday: Preseason awards for every Longhorn position, player and coach. Nobody goes without an award in Austin! Not under Mack's watch.
Wednesday: Rating the Longhorn recruiting class. Everyone is 5 stars. Anything less would be not our standard.
Thursday: A tribute to Texas' Heisman winners: Both of them. Vince and Colt. Yes, they won the Heisman. Are you questioning ESPN, the Worldwide Leader in Sports?
Friday: The Texas Spring Game, followed by Toy Story 3. This will be to encourage families to watch... why are you leaving before we show the movie?!
Saturday: Mack Brown clapping. Yes, he can keep it up for 24 hours. And if you can't, you ain't no longhorn fan.
Sunday: Texas players in the pros. Yes, we are just stealing the feed from the NFL Network. Yes, our alums are widespread in the pros yet underachieve frequently.

Well done!

badger
7/16/2011, 11:28 AM
Since * just had a below average season they have now resorted to the "No Athelte Left Behind" mentality.

If football were like "No Child Left Behind:"

1- Players would not be taught a certain position, or even their best position. Rather, they would learn the core, scoring positions: Quarterback, running back, receiver and kicker.

2- Since no other positions regularly score points, other positions will be cut if funding does not permit these "extra curricular" positions.

3- A standardized test will be conducted on each player to see their level of proficiency at QB, RB, WR and kicker.

4- A failure in any position, even if a player displays outstanding ability at any or all of the other positions, represents a failure on the program's part and the student will be held back for another year of college eligibility until he can post a passing (*wink wink* get it QB lol) grade at every core position.

5- If not enough players can earning passing grades at every core position, funding for the program will be in jeopardy.

6- With the threat of withheld funding, programs will focus only on the core positions, with little-to-no effort in any other positions. Defenses are non-existent.

End result: Mike Leach's phone doesn't stop ringing with job offers.

agoo758
7/16/2011, 12:07 PM

Friday: followed by Toy Story 3.

Hell, even I would watch the Longhorn Network! :eek:

Breadburner
7/16/2011, 12:12 PM
Are they going to re-play the Texas St. Vs. Texas game from last year...????

delhalew
7/16/2011, 03:02 PM
Can't really say I'm losing any sleep over the Longhorn network.

My thoughts, exactly.

Statalyzer
7/18/2011, 05:24 AM
I don't understand the "no fear" title ... Sooners have nothing to fear from the Longhorn network whether it's a fantastic success or whether it bombs completely.

yermom
7/18/2011, 05:57 AM
i could have told you it was going to suck

its purpose is to show Texass coverage. of course it's going to suck.

roy22forheisman
7/18/2011, 01:38 PM
texas can have there media attention and lonhorn network

we can have the championships....**** texas and there ***** *** ADs