PDA

View Full Version : So I Am Trying To Plan a Trip to Norman for the ISU Game...

SoonerofAlabama
7/13/2011, 06:42 PM
I am planning on going to my first Sooner game ever this season and the Iowa State game happens to be during my Thanksgiving Holiday so I have been trying to help my dad plan the trip. I found well-priced tickets in a good section (Section 20) and have a few other things planned. I was just wondering what the best restaurants, hotels, and things to do were in Norman. All help would be appreciated.

MamaMia
7/14/2011, 02:05 AM
I'll bet all these students and new grads can tell you the best places for a young man in high school and his dad to go. My choices are more the older crowd. :)

freshchris05
7/14/2011, 04:07 AM
Make sure you see the Switzer center.

humblesooner
7/14/2011, 08:28 AM

You'll have to do this on Friday.
It is closed on game days.

Soonerwake
7/14/2011, 09:22 AM
Book a room at Sooner Legends, and make sure to stop by the tailgate at Boyd and Jenkins.

yukonsooner
7/14/2011, 09:41 AM
Try to get to the Bombing Memorial, and stop by Bricktown. Many good resturants and bars in that area.

Gaius_Longinus
7/14/2011, 09:52 AM
Sugers!

OU Engineer
7/14/2011, 09:57 AM

It's gonna be tough to see anything during Thanksgiving weekend...

I would take in Campus Corner and all of campus really as much as possible on gameday. If you're looking to save money, the cheapest thign to do is grab an ice cold twelve pack and carry it with you as you walk around the tailgates.

Make sure you're on the North side of the stadium prior to kickoff to watch the band walk in...

Personally, I'm in my seat at least an hour before kickoff because I like to watch the team warm up...

Gaius_Longinus
7/14/2011, 10:01 AM
It's gonna be tough to see anything during Thanksgiving weekend...

I would take in Campus Corner and all of campus really as much as possible on gameday. If you're looking to save money, the cheapest thign to do is grab an ice cold twelve pack and carry it with you as you walk around the tailgates.

Make sure you're on the North side of the stadium prior to kickoff to watch the band walk in...

Personally, I'm in my seat at least an hour before kickoff because I like to watch the team warm up...

Sugers!

OU Engineer
7/14/2011, 10:19 AM
Sugers!

dammit man we want him to come back sometime!

That said, the only time you should go to Sugers is when you're so drunk you cant see the C section scars on the dancers...

Mississippi Sooner
7/14/2011, 10:25 AM
dammit man we want him to come back sometime!

That said, the only time you should go to Sugers is when you're so drunk you cant see the C section scars on the dancers...

But the C section scar is just another...

No, I really shouldn't go there.

texaspokieokie
7/14/2011, 10:37 AM
S of A will only be 15.

olevetonahill
7/14/2011, 10:51 AM
Book a room at Sooner Legends, and make sure to stop by the tailgate at Boyd and Jenkins.

This.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/14/2011, 10:51 AM
This.

^^^That.

StoopTroup
7/14/2011, 10:53 AM
Sugars Lite? ;)

bettersoonerthenlater
7/14/2011, 11:17 AM
just hang on on campus corner, bunch of good little places to eat there other places in norman i liked are coachs and Bjs. logans is the best place to go out if u r into that sort of thing. But being thanksgiving weekend there wont be a ton of people out
enjoy man we all rememeber our first OU game!

sooner518
7/14/2011, 11:50 AM
dunno how old you are, but i always liked to eat/drink at the Library (Boyd and College, just northwest of campus) or the Mont (east of campus on Boyd and Classen). For gameday itself, just hang out north of the stadium on campus corner. Theres a million places to eat/drink and most people hang out around there (except for tailgaters, who are usually just south of the stadium along Lindsey). I usually park north or west of campus and walk a few blocks to campus corner and just go from there.

man I wish it was football season :(

nativesooner
7/14/2011, 12:05 PM
I found well-priced tickets in a good section (Section 20) and have a few other things planned.

how well priced? You can probably get some tix to that one for less than face. :D

I would agree with staying at Sooner Legends. It's not the fanciest place but the OU stuff is awesome! A lot of the time you'll see former players stay there as well. They also have the "Sooner Fan Fest" on the track fields if you want to check it out. Sometimes they have older players there signing autographs if you're into that. They also have freebies and interactive games all around. It's been a long while since I've attended the SF Tailgate but it is really fun as well. Enjoy your trip!

texaspokieokie
7/14/2011, 12:09 PM
Hideaway is good place to eat, near Campus Corner.
very good pizza !!!!!!

bettersoonerthenlater
7/14/2011, 12:17 PM
dunno how old you are, but i always liked to eat/drink at the Library (Boyd and College, just northwest of campus) or the Mont (east of campus on Boyd and Classen). For gameday itself, just hang out north of the stadium on campus corner. Theres a million places to eat/drink and most people hang out around there (except for tailgaters, who are usually just south of the stadium along Lindsey). I usually park north or west of campus and walk a few blocks to campus corner and just go from there.

man I wish it was football season :(

totally forgot about the mott and library so far the library has great beer

Gaius_Longinus
7/14/2011, 12:25 PM
Fuzzy's Taco Shop is the bomb and cheap ... Also its next to Sugers