PDA

View Full Version : 2011 sa*et game-by-game prediction thread

Jacie
7/13/2011, 03:52 PM
Rice - W It would be an incredible start for the Owls if they didn't start the season with a loss to the whorns but the the window of opportunity was last year.

BYU - T They need this one to show that Mack has righted the ship.

@ UCLA - W Neuheisel hasn't done a thing to improve the Bruins' fortunes.

@ Iowa St. - W Two miracle wins in consecutive years for Paul Rhodes but both were on the road.

Good chance of them going into the RRS 4-0, which will have the orange-colored sunglasses crowd believing they could run the table if they can just get past . . .

OU - L Very satisfying to let the wind out of their sails.

OSU - L Gundy wins this one he moves from great (by aggie standards) to legend status.

Kansas - W Mack will bench Gilby and install a different QB for this game, who will promptly be hailed as the answer to all of their problems on offense.

Tech - W Whorns will find a running game versus sand aggie, which will promptly be hailed as the answer to all of their problems on offense.

@Missouri - L Harsin and Applewhite get into an argument on the sidelines when a trick play is blown up and results in a return TD for the tigers . . .

Kansas St. - L Snyder calls another great game versus sa*et.

@ A&M - L At halftime, Mack pulls whoever started at QB and plays Gilby as whorns suffer a total beat down.

@ Baylor - T This is either the redemption game for all those new assistants or everyone wonders if it is time for Mack to hang em up.

So I have them down for 5 wins, 5 losses and depending on those 2 toss-ups, they could improve to 7-5 (and go bowling!) or do a repeat of last year. Yikes!

SteelClip49
7/13/2011, 04:04 PM
Texas goes (9-3) with losses to Oklahoma, Missouri, A&M.

wHorns will go to Alamo Bowl.

badger
7/13/2011, 04:04 PM
True story: NP and I tried to watch the Texas spring game yesterday night. It was after that travesty of a Husker/Texas showing that ESPNU had on (perhaps as a Longhorn Network promo, hmmm???)

And blah blah blah, suddenly, the "Texas" team is off the field and the "Longhorn" team is on, with a graphic including the quarterback's mug:
http://www.yardbarker.com/media/5/9/59618171938251d2d07b7a7d93b9855ba8d386d3/xl/Case_McCoy.jpg

And then, they show a closup of him:

http://i53.tinypic.com/n18cwm.jpg

We tried to mimick it... we couldn't. Our faces were not lopsided enough to do the "Case Face," as I coined it.

After a few more closeups and not being able to take it anymore:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/springgame1.jpg

Had to change it.

If "Case Face" ends up UT's starting QB, it may be unwatchable, even for comedic purposes.

LVSOONER15
7/13/2011, 04:09 PM
I think tech will be a toss up.

LakeRat
7/13/2011, 04:09 PM
Rice - W It would be an incredible start for the Owls if they didn't start the season with a loss to the whorns but the the window of opportunity was last year.

@ Iowa St. - W Two miracle wins in consecutive years for Paul Rhodes but both were on the road.

Good chance of them going into the RRS 4-0, which will have the orange-colored sunglasses crowd believing they could run the table if they can just get past . . .

OSU - L Gundy wins this one he moves from great (by aggie standards) to legend status.

Kansas - W Mack will bench Gilby and install a different QB for this game, who will promptly be hailed as the answer to all of their problems on offense.

Tech - W Whorns will find a running game versus sand aggie, which will promptly be hailed as the answer to all of their problems on offense.

@Missouri - L Harsin and Applewhite get into an argument on the sidelines when a trick play is blown up and results in a return TD for the tigers . . .

@ A&M - L At halftime, Mack pulls whoever started at QB and plays Gilby as whorns suffer a total beat down.

@ Baylor - T This is either the redemption game for all those new assistants or everyone wonders if it is time for Mack to hang em up.

So I have them down for 5 wins, 5 losses and depending on those 2 toss-ups, they could improve to 7-5 (and go bowling!) or do a repeat of last year. Yikes!

UCLA in cali wins. After watching the spring game of Texas, they are awful on offense.

OU, Tech, Missouri, A&M and Baylor get wins.

I see a 7-5 team here. They lost last year, b/c they weren't that talented on Offense. They lost their best WR. They don't have a QB.

Maybe their new coaches will have them turned around, but I just don't see it.

badger
7/13/2011, 04:13 PM
Speaking of whorn, what's his face at shaggy did a Tressel MS paint thingie here. (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/90438-Tresselball.-IN-MS-PAINT.)

yankee
7/13/2011, 06:25 PM
Don't count out BYU. they have a good young QB and they got on a roll the last 5 or 6 games of 2010.

CowboyMRW
7/13/2011, 06:28 PM
I believe that Texas will surprise some people this year. I expect 9 wins out of them with a possibility of 10.

The funniest will be when they beat AnM

Quik Sand
7/14/2011, 07:55 AM
8-4

humblesooner
7/14/2011, 08:23 AM
UCLA in cali wins. After watching the spring game of Texas, they are awful on offense.

OU, Tech, Missouri, A&M and Baylor get wins.

I see a 7-5 team here. They lost last year, b/c they weren't that talented on Offense. They lost their best WR. They don't have a QB.

Maybe their new coaches will have them turned around, but I just don't see it.

If they lose to UCLA, OU, Tech, Missouri, A&M and Baylor, wouldn't that be 6-6?

Mad Dog Madsen
7/14/2011, 08:51 AM
6-6. They're just not that good...

MiccoMacey
7/14/2011, 09:04 AM
Rice - Texas win, but I think at the end of the year, this won't be as "bad" a win as some may think. I predict Rice wins 7 or more.

Brigham Young - Texas loss. I just think BYU has less unanswered quesitions than Texas.

@ UCLA - Toss-up. If Texas is ever going to show they want revenge for last year's "hiccup", this would be the game to show it.

@ Iowa State - Texas win. Can't see it happening again.

Oklahoma - Texas loss. I know it's the RRS...upsets happen...John Blake in 1996...blah blah blah...OU wins.

@ Oklahoma State - Texas loss. Texas won't be able to score as much as OSU will. TBP can be a tough place to play.

@ Baylor - Texas win. See UCLA.

Kansas - Texas win.

Texas Tech - Texas win.

@ Missouri - Texas loss. I think Missouri will be better than what most think.

Kansas State - Texas win. Those last three KSU teams won't be playing this game. But if this were in Manhattan...

@ Texas A&M - Texas loss.

6 wins for Texas (Rice, Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Kansas State)
5 losses for Texas (BYU, OU, OSU, Missouri, and Texas A&M)
1 toss-up (UCLA).

I will say this...if they do beat BYU, they'll probably beat UCLA and head to the RRS at 4-0. But that still puts them at 8-4 heading into a bowl game, best case.

If they lose to BYU, I'd think they lose to UCLA as well the following game. That'd put them at 6-6 for the year.

Either way, they still go to a bowl game. And they probably beat their opponent, so I'd say anywhere from 9-4 to 7-6 is their season.

OU GENO
7/14/2011, 09:31 AM
oswhoo plays at texass i think texass wins. I hate texass, but think 8 or 9 wins.

yukonsooner
7/14/2011, 09:38 AM
I don't see the okielite beating * at home again

MiccoMacey
7/14/2011, 09:41 AM
oswhoo plays at texass...

You are correct, sir. Thanks for the catch.

But I still disagree. OSU beat Texas in Austin last year, and I predict they'll do so again this year.

rekamrettuB
7/14/2011, 09:46 AM
Wouldn't want Texas coming into RRS undefeated. They no doubt have talented players and 4-0 then would inspire some confidence. Now if you could guarantee an OU victory, then it's a no brainer and you want them coming in undefeated to boost OU's status after the win.

OU Engineer
7/14/2011, 10:01 AM
Call me a bad sooner if you wish, but I'd rather see * beat oSu.. especially after they've already lost to UCLA, BYU and us...

MiccoMacey
7/14/2011, 10:12 AM
Call me a bad sooner if you wish, but I'd rather see * beat oSu.. especially after they've already lost to UCLA, BYU and us...

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I'm just predicting games based on how I think they'll play out.

If I was to predict based on who I wanted to win, Texas would be 0-13 every year (including the spring game).

:D

OU Engineer
7/14/2011, 10:17 AM
Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I'm just predicting games based on how I think they'll play out.

If I was to predict based on who I wanted to win, Texas would be 0-13 every year (including the spring game).

:D

haha not directed at anyone... and I agree with you wholeheartedly except for oSu game.

To eb clear, the ONLY reason I would want * to beat oSu is so I don't have to listen to aggies talk about how they beat * again.... otherwise they can all lose

StoopTroup
7/14/2011, 10:50 AM
I have Kansas and Baylor as a lock.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/14/2011, 11:28 AM

i have them at 7-5