PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa is Weird

Serge Ibaka
7/13/2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110713_11_0_TulsaP303853&allcom=1

Tulsa is always doing strange-stuff. It's like another world.

I've no insults really--just a general confusion :confused:

dynersooner
7/13/2011, 03:23 PM
chaut wept.

boomerinhou
7/13/2011, 03:26 PM
It's called "caring for your pet". I can understand why someone from outside Tulsa would get confused.

It's just another reason why Tulsa > OKC.

:D

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2011, 03:26 PM
This slams the door shut. OKC > Tulsa.

badger
7/13/2011, 03:28 PM
For the record, these parties are on the final day of pool season around town. So no worries about people swimming in doggie water the day after or having to shut down pools for fur clogging. They're shutting down anyway after those events.

And Tulsa's pools are barely open as-is. Events like this might help fund the pools enough to open next season :(

CrimsonCream
7/13/2011, 03:28 PM
A couple of questions, please.

I used to work for the City of Faith. What is it used for now? Where and what is Richard Roberts doing these days.

Thanks.

dwarthog
7/13/2011, 03:29 PM
Where else are those girls going to take their boyfriends swimming?

Serge Ibaka
7/13/2011, 03:29 PM
For the record, these parties are on the final day of pool season around town. So no worries about people swimming in doggie water the day after or having to shut down pools for fur clogging. They're shutting down anyway after those events.

And Tulsa's pools are barely open as-is. Events like this might help fund the pools enough to open next season :(

I can dig it.

Revised: Tulsa is always coming up with creative ideas!

soonerchk
7/13/2011, 03:34 PM
Dogs in heat will not be allowed, according to the release.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110713_11_0_TulsaP303853&allcom=1

Mongo is out.

Adrian
7/13/2011, 06:30 PM

I used to work for the City of Faith. What is it used for now? Where and what is Richard Roberts doing these days.

Thanks.

True story. Back in the "good ole days" of OU Insider, I started an OKC > Tulsa thread just to see what kind of response I would get. Somehow, the posting steered over to Richard Roberts, and some poster stated that Richard Roberts was gay, and that it was common knowledge around Tulsa. Before I could get another response out of him, OUI banned the poster.:rolleyes:

Mjcpr
7/13/2011, 06:34 PM
I don't know that he's gay but he got booted out of ORU as President when Mark Green or whatever the Hobby Lobby guy's name is took it over. Not sure what he is doing in terms of employment...healing, maybe. :D

soonerchk
7/13/2011, 06:43 PM
I don't know that he's gay but he got booted out of ORU as President when Mark Green or whatever the Hobby Lobby guy's name is took it over. Not sure what he is doing in terms of employment...healing, maybe. :D

All I know is that the River of Life didn't do crap to heal me and the security peeps there have no sense of humor.

boomerinhou
7/14/2011, 10:43 AM

Thanks.

City of Faith is now an office complex (CityPlex Towers). Don't know how full the buildings are. I know the main tenant several years ago went belly up.

As far as what Richer Robber is doing these days, doesn't he still have his TV program??

:confused:

boomerinhou
7/14/2011, 10:47 AM
True story. Back in the "good ole days" of OU Insider, I started an OKC > Tulsa thread just to see what kind of response I would get. Somehow, the posting steered over to Richard Roberts, and some poster stated that Richard Roberts was gay, and that it was common knowledge around Tulsa. Before I could get another response out of him, OUI banned the poster.:rolleyes:

I always heard the same rumor when I lived in Tulsa.
But you do have one thing wrong...Tulsa > OKC.

texaspokieokie
7/14/2011, 10:55 AM
Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110713_11_0_TulsaP303853&allcom=1

Mongo is out.

How many eggs/day can you produce ???
;)

CrimsonCream
7/14/2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The City of Faith was a first class operation in terms of the facility. Everything was imported and all the materials were first rate.

Oral's desk was on a raised platform. Consequently, when you went in his office you were looking up at him and he was looking down at you.

I saw all television preachers come through. Tammy Faye and Jim, Swaggert, Copeland, etc.

Watching Oral on Sunday mornings were better than watching cartoons. He'd get up there and plead and cry for more and more money.

What did Oral (why would anybody name his kid that?) in was the Sunday he said that if he didn't get $6-7 million then he Father was going to call him home. Of course, he was saying if somebody didn't pony up the money then he was going to die. A guy in Florida gave him the money.

Dio
7/14/2011, 11:50 AM
SPAULDING, NO!

MR2-Sooner86
7/14/2011, 01:45 PM
Oral Roberts, he was a first class son of a bitch.

picasso
7/14/2011, 01:48 PM

He and his wife still have their ministry. It's just not in the ORU cache.

Canyonero
7/14/2011, 02:41 PM
I just saw Richard Roberts and his wife last week at the Golden Corral off of 71st and Mingo, James Aydelott was with them.

mgsooner
7/14/2011, 02:57 PM
I just saw Richard Roberts and his wife last week at the Golden Corral off of 71st and Mingo, James Aydelott was with them.

Was it like a trough in there?

Partial Qualifier
7/14/2011, 03:09 PM
Was it like a trough in there?