PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart tazing caught on video...

White House Boy
7/13/2011, 12:59 PM
http://blog.al.com/live/2011/07/walmart_tasing_caught_on_tape.html

http://media.al.com/live/photo/9789094-large.jpg

FOLEY, Alabama -- An Arizona couple reportedly outraged by a Foley police officer’s walk-through at an area Walmart last week was arrested after the man allegedly hit the officer and his wife jumped on him.

Anthony Scott Smith, 41, and his wife, Chrisanna Elizabeth Smith, 40, of Scottsdale, Arizona, were arrested Friday and charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and second-degree assault on a police officer.

According to Lt. Thurston Bullock, the couple became irate when they saw Officer Caleb Bibby in Walmart shortly before 11 p.m. Friday. They approached him aggressively, accusing him of treason and of shopping on duty and telling the officer he was under federal investigation, Bullock said.

Bullock said Bibby was conducting a walk-through of the business. He said the officers are permitted to buy something during such walk-throughs, but it was unclear whether the officer made a purchase.

According to Bullock, the situation escalated as follows:

The couple was waiting by the door when the officer left the store and began shouting and encroaching on the officer. They created such a public disturbance, in Bibby's view, they broke the law, giving the officer probable cause to arrest them.

Bibby was able to get the couple outside and call for assistance. Meanwhile, the couple continued screaming and drawing a crowd. The officer had drawn his Taser, but, while holding onto Anthony Smith by the hand, he holstered the device and reached for his handcuffs, Bullock said.

Smith, 41, then began slapping at the officer and partially landed a punch to Bibby’s throat. The officer drew his Taser again and ordered Smith to the ground but Smith used his wife -- and the crowd -- as a shield.

Another officer, Sgt. Shawn Miller, arrived and ordered Smith 3 times to get on the ground. When he failed to do so, Miller stepped aside and Bibby fired the Taser.

"As soon as the male subject drops, the female attacks the officer that’s doing the Tasing and the back-up officer tackles her," Bullock said.

Miller suffered sprains and abrasions when he tackled Chrisanna Smith, according to Bullock.

The incident, which was posted on YouTube by an observer, is under review by the police department. "We review all uses of force regardless of what the force is," Bullock said, but added that it appeared that Bibby was justified in using the Taser.

This was the department’s first incident involving the use of a Taser, he said.

The Smiths were booked into the Baldwin County Corrections Center Saturday and later released on bail totaling $5,600 each, according to jail records.

Bullock said he and several other officers had a run-in with the couple and another woman in a restaurant 3 weeks ago. The group entered the establishment and Anthony Smith approached Bullock, watched him, then hovered over him with his arms crossed and motioned liked he was eating. The group sat at a table behind the officers and then began screaming at a waitress when she told him that the restaurant doesn’t de-vein its shrimp. Smith then left the restaurant, Bullock said.

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2011, 01:01 PM
There are a lot of crazyass people in Foley. Scary crazy.

The Maestro
7/13/2011, 01:04 PM
Not your typical couple from Snottsdale.

dynersooner
7/13/2011, 01:09 PM
i rewatched that 10 times whne the camera man laughs as the guy is getting tazed...

those ppl are full of teh crazy...

The
7/13/2011, 01:12 PM
The pothead laugh from the camera guy was hilarious.

StoopTroup
7/13/2011, 01:18 PM
I can't believe what they did to those folks. She's got scoliosis!

I have a fear of Cops with Tazers.

KantoSooner
7/13/2011, 02:22 PM
Watching that and reading their background leads me, ineluctably, to the conclusion that, after cuffing them, the officers should have waited for a police pickup truck to arrive, loaded both facedown into the bed and then gone for a brisk 2 hour drive over rural roads at 75-80 mph.

Seriously, there are kids who are hungry out there, women with bad husbands, good natured drunks who need love. Any manner of people who deserve help. These two need to be euthanized. Swiftly. They waste my air.

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2011, 02:25 PM
Betcha anything the only reason these two are listed as "from Scottsdale" is because that's the last place either of them had a driver's license renewed. They are drifting crack heads. Foley is home to an inordinate amount of those.

jk the sooner fan
7/13/2011, 02:29 PM
=0lfka659CNs

NormanPride
7/13/2011, 02:31 PM
I want you all to note, and this is very important, that the man only has one wolf on his shirt.

Let that sink in.

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2011, 02:33 PM
0lfka659CNs

Dat's better.

KantoSooner
7/13/2011, 02:35 PM
I know where I'd seen that guy before!

He used to be Paul Begala's chief of staff. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

OU Engineer
7/13/2011, 02:49 PM
people like this make me doubt the prolonged existence of the human race...

these kind of people are breeding!!!

Fraggle145
7/13/2011, 02:55 PM
Pothead laugh is epic. Although I thoroughly enjoy it when he tackles the woman and the cameraman says "YES!"

Wishboned
7/13/2011, 03:05 PM
That cop was entirely too patient. I would have tased them a lot sooner.

dynersooner
7/13/2011, 03:10 PM
That cop was entirely too patient. I would have tased them a lot sooner.

first rule of cop-dom. never fight when you are outnumbered. yell loudly, and wait for backup.

Wishboned
7/13/2011, 03:19 PM
first rule of cop-dom. never fight when you are outnumbered. yell loudly, and wait for backup.

Good point.

saucysoonergal
7/13/2011, 03:37 PM
Don't Taze me bro!

Breadburner
7/13/2011, 04:07 PM
Should have zapped them sooner.....

47straight
7/13/2011, 04:16 PM
Only mistake dude made was slapping back at the officer. He might have gotten paid otherwise.

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 05:58 PM
Every Wally World shopper deserves to be Tazed

Fish&Game
7/13/2011, 06:04 PM
Every Wally World shopper deserves to be Tazed

Hell....everyone should experience it at least once!

sappstuf
7/13/2011, 06:10 PM
I stopped at that Wal-mart just a couple of weeks ago... My daughter had to pee when we were on our way to Gulf Shores.