PDA

View Full Version : Rivals at 10 All Decade Ream

IronHorseSooner
7/13/2011, 10:45 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239635

Rivals is doing a series on recruiting for the past 10 years. On this team, there are three Sooners: AD, Gresh, and TRRW. Also, THERE ARE NO BONGWHORNS!!!!:D

oudavid1
7/13/2011, 10:49 AM
Wow, I would take Tim Tebow over newton any day.

The
7/13/2011, 10:51 AM
Ream?

Mississippi Sooner
7/13/2011, 10:52 AM
Ream?

All Decade.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/13/2011, 10:52 AM
Eh, it's an ok list I guess.

SoonerofAlabama
7/13/2011, 10:56 AM
Newton shouldn't be within a mile of that list. Not very impressed by that list.

WE ARE dirtburglars
7/13/2011, 10:59 AM
I would take Tebow or Young over Newton, really dont understand that.

lmg0088
7/13/2011, 01:27 PM
I thought Antonio Perkins would be the punt returner.

How do you leave off a guy that had 3 punt returns for touchdowns in one game off the list?

Mad Dog Madsen
7/13/2011, 01:47 PM
There's quite a few Big XII players on there (including Nebraska). No Longhorns but a Baylor Bear managed to make the list! :D

Baylor - 1 Texas - 0

:)

CaliBornSoonerBred
7/13/2011, 02:39 PM
There's quite a few Big XII players on there (including Nebraska). No Longhorns but a Baylor Bear managed to make the list! :D

Baylor - 2 Texas - 0

30-22 FIFY ;)

LVSOONER15
7/13/2011, 02:49 PM
Very surprised that there were no players from UF on that list.

phislammajamma
7/13/2011, 03:15 PM
Newton shouldn't be within a mile of that list. Not very impressed by that list.

the fact that he's on the list is comical.

TheLadiesMike
7/13/2011, 03:16 PM
It is based on single season performances, not careers.

OU_Sooners75
7/13/2011, 03:34 PM
It is based on single season performances, not careers.

And newton should not be on the list based on that either!

OU_Sooners75
7/13/2011, 03:35 PM
If they are to take a QB based on one season...I would put Bradford, tebow, or young before Newton!

TheLadiesMike
7/13/2011, 07:44 PM
If they are to take a QB based on one season...I would put Bradford, tebow, or young before Newton!

I'm pretty sure Newton had better numbers than Young and against tougher competition (not the worst Big XII year pretty much ever).

Bradford had 2 losses and similar TD numbers. Tebow's best stats came in the 4 loss season.

Mazeppa
7/13/2011, 07:59 PM
Don't agree with that Ream!

Eielson
7/13/2011, 08:06 PM
Wow, I would take Tim Tebow over newton any day.

For a single season? No way.

Soonermagik
7/13/2011, 08:23 PM
I agree with Tebow over Newton. Tebow was a hell of a leader and could run like a FB. Heck, I would take Bradford over Newton any day.

Could you imagine Reggie Bush and AD both in the game at the same time?

Eielson
7/13/2011, 09:31 PM
So which season are you guys saying Tebow had that was better than Newton's?

As far as individual statistics go, Tebow's best season was his sophomore year, and that's when he won the Heisman trophy, so I suppose I should use that one.

Passer rating:
Newton - 182.0
Tebow - 172.5

Rushing Yard (and YPC):
Newton - 1473 yards (5.6)
Tebow - 895 yards (4.3)
*Newton also had 2 catches for 42 yards and a touchdown

Touchdowns:
Newton - 51 (30/21)
Tebow - 55 (32/23)

Newton doesn't absolutely blow away Tebow, but he was a more efficient passer and a more efficient runner. The big separation is the team success. Newton's team went undefeated and won the National Championship. Tebow's team lost four games, which included its bowl game.

Now you might say that Tebow won a NC the following year. You would be correct, and that would be a valid point to make if we were comparing careers. We aren't, though, and at that point you are mixing and matching his three seasons to make one super-season to compete with Newton's...which isn't what we're doing here, and even if it was, Newton would still come out on top. If we were to use just Tebow's championship season, he would have 13 less TD's, a tiny drop in passer rating, and over 200 less rushing yards. His championship season was also not undefeated.

Eielson
7/13/2011, 09:56 PM
As for comparing Bradford and Young to Newton and Tebow, that gets a lot more complicated. You can't really compare them statistically. In the end, I think the only one you can truly eliminate as the best quarterback would be Tebow.

Bradford was the best passer, but the worst runner. He had the most overall yards and was tied for most overall touchdowns, but he also is the only quarterback to not have a national championship season, and he's also the only one that wasn't a dual-threat. He was obviously an incredible player, but at this point you have to get picky. If someone were to say that he had the best season, I wouldn't tell them they were wrong, but I personally wouldn't put him on the team.

With Vince, he's the best runner, but he's the worst passer. One big thing is that his team did win the championship, and his performance in that game was unreal. It was one of the greatest performances of all-time. Ultimately, though, Vince didn't have nearly as many touchdowns, and his overall yardage was last (only barely behind Tebow, though).

Newton doesn't have any of the glaring weaknesses. He is in the 50+ touchdown group (Vince wasn't), his team went undefeated (Tebow's and Bradford's didn't), and he's a dual-threat (Bradford wasn't). If I were to rate all four of them as a passer, and then as a runner, I would put Newton at second for both...making him the best combination. I agree with the selection.

Eielson
7/13/2011, 09:58 PM
Could you imagine Reggie Bush and AD both in the game at the same time?

I can imagine them both playing in the same game at separate times...and I don't like it. :(

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2011, 07:05 PM

Baylor - 1 Texas - 0

Sep was such a freaking stud. He was a walk-on linebacker. We needed a new punter and he volunteered to give it a shot. But he could still lay the wood when he needed to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhCgLeuO0I

goingoneight
7/20/2011, 07:17 PM
An All-Stoops team is as good as any All-Decade team when you think about it. We've had superstars at every position.