PDA

View Full Version : Congress & Clemens

CrimsonCream
7/13/2011, 09:08 AM
Why is it that Congress gets all upset and throws a hissy fit when someone lies to them but finds it acceptable to lie to the American people continually?

tulsaoilerfan
7/13/2011, 09:10 AM
Good question but a better point is why are they even involved in this steroids scandal? Seems to me that there time and money could be spent on better things

texaspokieokie
7/13/2011, 09:25 AM
this ^^^^^

KantoSooner
7/13/2011, 10:12 AM
Or why, if they need so desperately to be involved in baseball's little mess, they don't equally need to be involved in the NFL lockout or the idiocy known as the BCS/NCAA.

dynersooner
7/13/2011, 10:18 AM
srsly. the govt has spent over 13MM "investigating" steriods in baseball. that $13MM could give 260 ppl a job paying 50K/ yr!!! youre telling me were going to lay off teachers, but spend 13MM to investigate steroids in baseball!?!?!?

for fcuks sake!!!!!!!!!!

DIB
7/13/2011, 10:28 AM
Roger Clemens lied under oath. Congress is not under oath, when talking to the media. The first is perjury, the second is politics.

DIB
7/13/2011, 10:29 AM
srsly. the govt has spent over 13MM "investigating" steriods in baseball. that $13MM could give 260 ppl a job paying 50K/ yr!!! youre telling me were going to lay off teachers, but spend 13MM to investigate steroids in baseball!?!?!?

for fcuks sake!!!!!!!!!!

The health of MLB is more important to this country than a couple more teachers. Sorry, that is just the truth.

KantoSooner
7/13/2011, 10:43 AM
Really? I'd thought baseball lost its relevance sometime around 1954. I'm still trying to get the rest of the English speaking world to kill off cricket, in exchange, we'll put a fork in baseball and the world will be a happier place.

sappstuf
7/13/2011, 10:44 AM
The health of MLB is more important to this country than a couple more teachers. Sorry, that is just the truth.

Teachers can't hit a curve ball...

OUDoc
7/13/2011, 10:50 AM
Teachers can't hit a curve ball...

http://crujonessociety.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/eddie_harris-300x260.jpg

CrimsonCream
7/13/2011, 10:53 AM
Roger Clemens lied under oath. Congress is not under oath, when talking to the media. The first is perjury, the second is politics.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

DIB
7/13/2011, 10:59 AM
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

I wish Congress would go fist themselves to a bloody mess as much as the next guy, but technically they are not swearing any allegiance to us; they are swearing allegiance to the Constitution. You could argue that telling the truth to the American people is part of the "duties of the office on which I am about to enter," but I don't buy it. Their duty is to support and defend the Constitution by any means necessary. If that includes lying to the American people, then so be it.

If you want to argue that Congress is failing in its duty to uphold the Constitution, then I will wholeheartedly agree.

47straight
7/13/2011, 04:17 PM
I would love to be held in contempt of Congress. I'd put that on my business card and on my tombstone.

silverwheels
7/13/2011, 04:21 PM
Obama is the Antichrist apparently.

no racist

StoopTroup
7/13/2011, 04:51 PM
When Obama is our new Czar I'm going to be very nice to those of you who believed in change and hope. You will be the first to receive FEMA Relief.

tulsaoilerfan
7/13/2011, 07:43 PM
I believe this whole steroid/congress thing started before Obama was in office didn't it?

silverwheels
7/13/2011, 07:45 PM
Nah, it's Obama's fault. Everything is.

StoopTroup
7/13/2011, 07:45 PM
Oh….......

So it's Bush's Fault ?