PDA

View Full Version : Home interest rates

JLEW1818
7/12/2011, 09:50 PM
at like 4.5% in Houston... i wonder how much longer they will stay like this... not really looking to buy until Fall of 2012.

Curly Bill
7/12/2011, 09:55 PM
By then Obama will have some sort of stimulus plan to give people free houses. You should wait.

Sooner_Tuf
7/12/2011, 09:57 PM
By then Obama will have some sort of stimulus plan to give people free houses. You should wait.

But JLEW is white and employed, there will be no free Obama mansion for him.

Curly Bill
7/12/2011, 09:59 PM
But JLEW is white and employed, there will be no free Obama mansion for him.

Yeah, I didn't think my statement through. :O

mgsooner
7/12/2011, 10:18 PM
We are locked at 4.15

JLEW1818
7/12/2011, 10:26 PM
do you think there will be much movement in the next 1-1.5 years?

prlly hard to predict

mgsooner
7/12/2011, 10:28 PM
Don't think it's goin anywhere anytime soon, just IMO

BU BEAR
7/12/2011, 10:30 PM
do you think there will be much movement in the next 1-1.5 years?

prlly hard to predict

With the end of the Fed's policy of printing money... err, I mean Quantitative Easing, to cover the deficit; the federal government will begin competing with other sources of debt capital (like banks and private individuals). That will create upward pressure on interest rates.

Also, it seems probable that inflation may present additional upward pressure on interest rates. In the near term, there is cause to believe that interest rates, including mortgage rates, will rise.

jumperstop
7/12/2011, 10:50 PM
With the end of the Fed's policy of printing money... err, I mean Quantitative Easing, to cover the deficit; the federal government will begin competing with other sources of debt capital (like banks and private individuals). That will create upward pressure on interest rates.

Also, it seems probable that inflation may present additional upward pressure on interest rates. In the near term, there is cause to believe that interest rates, including mortgage rates, will rise.

Good thing I'm buying now.