PDA

View Full Version : There but for the Grace of God

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 05:50 PM
Peeps DONT drink and drive. When I think of the times that i did it and realize this could have been me. I just shake my head. A young man and his Baby boy are dead a Family in ruins :(

This young mans life is ruined for a very long time if Not forever

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110712_14_0_CAEOEr232294

DIB
7/12/2011, 06:19 PM
That link didn't work for me, but I think I found the same story.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110712_14_0_CAEOEr232294

Chuck Bao
7/12/2011, 06:22 PM
Amen & spek & 5 star rating. That **** just doesn't fly.

The link didn't work for me, Olevet, but I get the point. Drunk driving with a kid in the car is inexcusable and criminal.

Now, I know I shouldn't try to ride my bike when I have trouble staying upright on it. But when I really want to go on a whiskey run to 7-Eleven, I do some extraordinarily foolish things, like crash.

Yeah, I am still suffering from that. I only mention it because some people are so stupid and made more stupid when they drink (me included) and really should be repeatedly bashed over the head and shoulders and buttocks with a bamboo cane.

DIB
7/12/2011, 06:28 PM
Amen & spek & 5 star rating. That **** just doesn't fly.

The link didn't work for me, Olevet, but I get the point. Drunk driving with a kid in the car is inexcusable and criminal.

Now, I know I shouldn't try to ride my bike when I have trouble staying upright on it. But when I really want to go on a whiskey run to 7-Eleven, I do some extraordinarily foolish things, like crash.

Yeah, I am still suffering from that. I only mention it because some people are so stupid and made more stupid when they drink (me included) and really should be repeatedly bashed over the head and shoulders and buttocks with a bamboo cane.

If I have the right story, the infant was in the victim's car

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 06:34 PM
That link didn't work for me, but I think I found the same story.

Yup thats it. Musta been durnk posting it.:O

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2011, 06:35 PM
Peeps DONT drink and drive. When I think of the times that i did it and realize this could have been me. I just shake my head. A young man and his Baby boy are dead a Family in ruins :(

This young mans life is ruined for a very long time if Not forever

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...294&rss_lnk=11

amen to this!

times have changed, people go to jail - i dont think that was the case 25-30 years ago - or maybe it was and we just didnt hear about it

its not worth it

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 06:36 PM

Yup again. The dad was being driven to work By Mom , Dad and Son killed.
Very sad.

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 06:38 PM
amen to this!

times have changed, people go to jail - i dont think that was the case 25-30 years ago - or maybe it was and we just didnt hear about it

its not worth it

They should go to jail. For 40 years it was a wink and a Go Home. Yes Now ya go to jail . I know one guy here who has 14 DUIs still driving.:mad:

MsProudSooner2
7/12/2011, 06:39 PM
Prayers go out to the EMSA folks who had to work that accident, as well.

jk the sooner fan
They should go to jail.

no disagreement from me!

AlboSooner
terrible loss. Nice comments on the article.

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 06:41 PM
I havnt seen 3 of my Grand kids in Months, Ex DIL called asked if I wanted to come over? I said Id love to but Ive already had 2 beers and I aint driving anywhere.
Plan on going by tomorrow ;)

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 06:43 PM
Prayers go out to the EMSA folks who had to work that accident, as well.

And The PoPos. The only time I ever lost my cool as a cop was when a Child was involved.

stevo
7/12/2011, 06:49 PM

you get your stupid facts out of this thread!!

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 06:54 PM
Seems that the guy didn't know he was that drunk.....

Wow.

Hey Folks? What's the drinking age here in Oklahoma?

okie52
7/12/2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah drunk driving is bad and it has a stigma that goes along with it.

But the insurance institute has shown that driving while texting is much worse...often 70% worse on reaction time. Yet a texter isn't viewed near as harshly as a drunk even though he may be completely sober while texting.

There are thousands more texters on the road vs drunk drivers and thus a much greater risk than drunk drivers. Yet not nearly the outrage about texters as there is about drunk drivers.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 06:57 PM

But the insurance institute has shown that driving while texting is much worse...often 70% worse on reaction time. Yet a texter isn't viewed near as harshly as a drunk even though he may be completely sober while texting.

There are thousands more texters on the road vs drunk drivers and thus a much greater risk than drunk drivers. Yet not nearly the outrage about texters as there is about drunk drivers.

Until they rip those laptops out of the front seat of Police Cars I think there is going to be quite a bit of static about it.

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 06:58 PM

Much like DUI, give it time .

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 06:58 PM
Or Driving stoned.

PDXsooner
7/12/2011, 06:59 PM
I really don't see any difference in driving drunk and firing a gun into a crowd. Both should be charged evenly in my book.

PDXsooner
7/12/2011, 07:00 PM
Or Driving stoned.

Agreed. You can put painkillers like Oxycodone in there as well.

delhalew
7/12/2011, 07:01 PM
It's so weird to think about how long it took for me to take that seriously. The whole time I was a teenager it was "don't let me see you out again tonight". When they caught you out drunk the next night it was no big deal. I never got caught in Norman.

Finally in my mid twenties I decided it was just dumb, regardless of whether you got caught. Some kind of genius, huh?

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 07:03 PM
Agreed. You can put painkillers like Oxycodone in there as well.

I think it's already on the list and not being promoted as OK.

Something about narcotics seems to be a big Deal these days....I'm not sure why?

http://brutishandshort.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/rush-limbaugh.jpg

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 07:06 PM
I really don't see any difference in driving drunk and firing a gun into a crowd. Both should be charged evenly in my book.

WTF? Are you on Oxy? Hells bells Driving drunk means yer a stupid dumbass. Firing a gun into a crowd is Intentionaly trying to kill some one. You need to get back to yer tree huggin an Owl ****in .:rolleyes:

cccasooner2
7/12/2011, 07:08 PM
These girls should have been consuming "mixed" instead of "spiked" drinks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/11/14-year-old-girl-dies-spiked-soda_n_894782.html

olevetonahill
It's so weird to think about how long it took for me to take that seriously. The whole time I was a teenager it was "don't let me see you out again tonight". When they caught you out drunk the next night it was no big deal. I never got caught in Norman.

Finally in my mid twenties I decided it was just dumb, regardless of whether you got caught. Some kind of genius, huh?

Agreed, It took me into my 50s and gettin caught to make me see the light. But I did see it. Im one of those who that, "Victims Impact panel" Helped to understand That this is serious shat. and not a game .

Partial Qualifier
WTF? Are you on Oxy? Hells bells Driving drunk means yer a stupid dumbass. Firing a gun into a crowd is Intentionaly trying to kill some one. You need to get back to yer tree huggin an Owl ****in .:rolleyes:

Thank you... was wonderin' if it was just me.

And StoopTroop, did you really have to "go there" re: driving stoned? :confused: :P

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 07:18 PM
Thank you... was wonderin' if it was just me.

And StoopTroop, did you really have to "go there" re: driving stoned? :confused: :P

Yeah...I do.

I think it's pretty well known that some folks who think they might not be that drunk test positive for MJ. It just doesn't hit the papers as they can get a quick test with alcohol. I'd be interested to see a blood test on this kid who isn't even legal to drink in this State. So many kids that have wasted their lives like this kid apparently has, and have been on multiple drugs and woke up at the scene of an accident with this same damn story. I wasn't thinking or I didn't think I was this drunk. Mixtures all enhance impairment and I'll bet this case is no different.

I think it's awful that Ginger Watkin's has lost her husband and child and the more we know about this The Better.

I bet they are going to want to find out where he got the beer/booze....

18 years old driving around drunk at 5am! Unbelievable.

Mjcpr
7/12/2011, 07:22 PM
I know one guy here who has 14 DUIs still driving.:mad:

I bet it's Blue.

C&CDean
7/12/2011, 07:43 PM
I bet it's Blue.

You **** around with one more troll and you're gone Pat.

Yes, I'm cranky. No, I ain't dur nk. Yet.

Mjcpr
7/12/2011, 07:43 PM
You **** around with one more troll and you're gone Pat.

Yes, I'm cranky. No, I ain't dur nk. Yet.

I've only ever had one but it died last week.

C&CDean
7/12/2011, 07:45 PM
Good thing. So, when are you going to show your sorry *** at a tailgate? It's pretty much the only thing that might save you.

Mjcpr
7/12/2011, 07:47 PM
I have no idea.

Save me from what? Have I really caused a lot of trouble here?

C&CDean
7/12/2011, 07:51 PM
"how long have you guys been watching?" "Long enough Mikey, long enough..."

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 07:52 PM
I bet it's Blue.

No, Blue is in Al. this dude is right here in Wister. The D.A.s love him cause he just keeps paying em fines all the dayum time.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 08:03 PM
I thought the laws changed about some Counties being able to not report DUI's?

Did he get more than 3 in the last 5-10 years? I mean I though all that changed Vet?

SoCaliSooner
7/12/2011, 08:07 PM
They should go to jail. For 40 years it was a wink and a Go Home. Yes Now ya go to jail . I know one guy here who has 14 DUIs still driving.:mad:

Yikes. One thing I do like about California DUI laws is that a DUI stays on your driving record for 10 years and if you get 3 in 7 years, they become felonies once you get that third one.

Blue
7/12/2011, 08:12 PM
I bet it's Blue.

Ha! You funny.

Seriously did almost kill myself driving drunk when i was 17. Flipped my pathfinder 3 times. Only by Gods grace did I survive.

Thats my one and only DUI.

Sober these days.

olevetonahill
7/12/2011, 08:23 PM
I thought the laws changed about some Counties being able to not report DUI's?

Did he get more than 3 in the last 5-10 years? I mean I though all that changed Vet?

Its up to the PoPo as to where they file it, A city Cop usually files it thru City court so the City gets the Money, and They usually aint a Court of Record.. Then County I;E the State are the only ones who track the DUIs as far as Court goes, But Most are sentenced to a Defered sentence and If they stay out of trouble for a year it is expunged from their criminal record, so they get to start over

Yikes. One thing I do like about California DUI laws is that a DUI stays on your driving record for 10 years and if you get 3 in 7 years, they become felonies once you get that third one.

DUIs in OK never leave yer driving record, But yer driving record is Not yer criminal record here. It just makes it harder to ever get yer license back.

87sooner
7/12/2011, 08:33 PM
you guys sound like a buncha right wing wackos tryin ta legislate morality...

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 08:38 PM
Its up to the PoPo as to where they file it, A city Cop usually files it thru City court so the City gets the Money, and They usually aint a Court of Record.. Then County I;E the State are the only ones who track the DUIs as far as Court goes, But Most are sentenced to a Defered sentence and If they stay out of trouble for a year it is expunged from their criminal record, so they get to start over

Seriously....I thought they got rid of all of that. I'm confused now as I do remember that possibly there were maybe 7 or 8 Counties that didn't report straight to ODOT about them all and I thought the Oklahoma Legislature had put an end to it all as to many folks had become way to dangerous to even be pedestrians.

PDXsooner
7/13/2011, 12:12 AM

Hooked-on-Phonics. Try it.

It's just as reckless and just as careless with a similar result.

yermom
7/13/2011, 12:32 AM
you've gotta keep it literal with these guys ;)

i know someone that got busted with weed and DUI and got probation

then within a month, basically the same thing, only in an adjacent county, also probation

it's just too easy to get off on DUIs. you should get 30 days for that ****. none of this probation crap. i've seen too many friends just pay fines or whatever and go back to playing drunk driver roulette

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 12:41 AM

Hooked-on-Phonics. Try it.

It's just as reckless and just as careless with a similar result.

You sir are a running Dumbass, Please go back to that tree you fell the **** out of.

Get Unhooked from the drugs you are on.:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 12:45 AM
you've gotta keep it literal with these guys ;)

i know someone that got busted with weed and DUI and got probation

then within a month, basically the same thing, only in an adjacent county, also probation

it's just too easy to get off on DUIs. you should get 30 days for that ****. none of this probation crap. i've seen too many friends just pay fines or whatever and go back to playing drunk driver roulette

Dave, Aint that what I just said?
I thank God, Yawee, Mohammed, Karma. what the **** ever, I never hurt anyone.
I will Rail against DUI from now on.

Curly Bill
7/13/2011, 12:46 AM
Anyone that fires a gun into a crowd is likely doing so with the intent of harming someone. Peeps that drive drunk don't have that intent, though the consequences can be equally tragic.

...and this is isn't to excuse drunk driving, as there is no excuse for it, but to equate it with firing a gun into a crowd is pretty clueless.

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 12:51 AM
Anyone that fires a gun into a crowd is likely doing so with the intent of harming someone. Peeps that drive drunk don't have that intent, though the consequences can be equally tragic.

...and this is isn't to excuse drunk driving, as there is no excuse for it, but to equate it with firing a gun into a crowd is pretty clueless.

Good point bro, Ya said better than I

Curly Bill
7/13/2011, 12:53 AM
Good point bro, Ya said better than I

I been studying up on my phonics and sh*t. :D

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 12:55 AM
I been studying up on my phonics and sh*t. :D

Hell, Ya got me, I been tryin my Phoning shat but all I get is durnky dials :O

yermom
7/13/2011, 01:10 AM

the point is that you are risking other people's lives, not just yours

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 01:12 AM

The Point Is bro a Drunk is doing it cause hes STUPID , a dude firing a gun into a crowd is INTENTIONALLY trying to Hurt/Kill/ Maim some one. Big difference ;)

yankee
7/13/2011, 01:24 AM
I've driven drunk before, as I'm sure most of us have in the past. I can only just shake my head and ask myself what was I thinking? I probably wasn't...I know kids who are good people through and through but have made bad decisions (like drinking and driving) and they've hurt themselves or other people. It's scary and sad stuff.

Curly Bill
7/13/2011, 01:36 AM

If I drive over the speed limit I'm risking other people's lives too. Should we then equate speeding with driving drunk or firing a gun into a crowd.

In fact the mere act of driving is a risky behavior for yourself, but also for others. So, do we equate driving with driving drunk or firing a gun into a crowd?

Curly Bill
7/13/2011, 01:36 AM
The Point Is bro a Drunk is doing it cause hes STUPID , a dude firing a gun into a crowd is INTENTIONALLY trying to Hurt/Kill/ Maim some one. Big difference ;)

This too^^^

sooner59
7/13/2011, 02:05 AM
Vet, looks like someone posted under your name in the comments under that article. Apparently they're still not over you losing the Timmy T. You have so many admirers.
:D

Turd_Ferguson
7/13/2011, 02:41 AM
Vet, looks like someone posted under your name in the comments under that article. Apparently they're still not over you losing the Timmy T. You have so many admirers.
I reported it as baiting..:D

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 03:04 AM

No Shat? Ima have to go lookie :D

olevetonahill
7/13/2011, 03:07 AM

I reported it as baiting..:D

No Shat? Ima have to go lookie :D

Stupid sombitch cant even spell werth a fack.:rolleyes:

PDXsooner
7/14/2011, 10:58 AM
You sir are a running Dumbass, Please go back to that tree you fell the **** out of.

Get Unhooked from the drugs you are on.:rolleyes:

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more idiotic, you prove me wrong and post again...

Mississippi Sooner
7/14/2011, 11:07 AM

Heh. They pulled the comment.

olevetonahill
7/14/2011, 11:07 AM
Just when I thought you couldn't get any more idiotic, you prove me wrong and post again...

Well Imagine that, I think you are a running Dumbass and You think Im an idiot. Go figure.:rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
7/14/2011, 12:46 PM
This is like the crazy mexican here in Houston who killed a person while he was driving. He has epilepsy and his doctor told him not to drive due to his seizures. Sure enough he drives without license and has a seizure, killed a woman...