PDA

View Full Version : I admire Obama's honesty...

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 08:04 AM
V949PeaHyhA&

Translation: I want to raise taxes on everyone after I am reelected and then there will be nothing you can do about it.

Don't say he didn't tell you.

I'm sure investors will be thrilled that taxes will possibly be going up in 2013 and beyond.. That should jumpstart the economy... Right?

tommieharris91
7/12/2011, 08:12 AM
V949PeaHyhA&

Translation: I want to raise taxes on everyone after I am reelected and then there will be nothing you can do about it.

I'm sure investors will be thrilled that taxes will possibly be going up in 2013 and beyond.. That should jumpstart the economy... Right?

If it helps close the deficit, then good. But really, it depends on what Congress looks like if really ends up doing it.

jkjsooner
7/12/2011, 08:30 AM
V949PeaHyhA&

And cutting trillions from the budget won't help the economy short term either. The fact is, we have to make these tough decisions to get our financial house in order, none of them are going to be fun, and all choices work against the short term goal of turning our economy around.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 08:43 AM
If it helps close the deficit, then good. But really, it depends on what Congress looks like if really ends up doing it.

If it leads to another recession, that isn't going to help the defict..

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 08:45 AM
We could raise the age to receive SS by a couple of years and it wouldn't hurt the economy...

We could open up new areas to drill and create US jobs and reduce crude imports...that wouldn't hurt the economy...

We could jump on the Chesapeake energy plan to build LNG Fueling Infrastructure..some well placed legislation wouldn't hurt the economy... Chesapeake is putting 100 million a year into there own venture capital fund...this is a spectacular effort that has gone largely unreported... http://www.chk.com/News/Articles/Pages/1583997.aspx

OUMallen
7/12/2011, 08:48 AM
We could raise the age to receive SS by a couple of years and it wouldn't hurt the economy...

We could open up new areas to drill and create US jobs and reduce crude imports...that wouldn't hurt the economy...

We could jump on the Chesapeake energy plan to build LNG Fueling Infrastructure..some well placed legislation wouldn't hurt the economy... Chesapeake is putting 100 million a year into there own venture capital fund...this is a spectacular effort that has gone largely unreported... http://www.chk.com/News/Articles/Pages/1583997.aspx

We could cut some defense spending.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 08:51 AM

Speaking of imports in general.. Not good.

The U.S. trade gap widened much more than expected in May as a jump in oil prices helped push imports to the second highest level on record and exports fell slightly from April’s record high, a U.S. government report showed on Tuesday.

The trade deficit totaled $50.2 billion, the highest since October 2008, and well above the consensus estimate of $44.0 billion fromWall Street analysts surveyed before the report. …

The politically sensitive trade gap with China jumped more than 15 percent to $25 billion. U.S. companies imported $32.8 billion of goods and services from the Asian powerhouse during May, but exported just $7.8 billion worth to that country.

In worrisome sign for U.S. exports to China in June, recent data out of Beijing shows the country’s imports that month were the weakest in 20 months.

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 08:52 AM
We could cut some defense spending.

You must be careful...if you stop buying planes and ships you lay off thousands...that can hurt the economy...

If you reduce manning they must find jobs in an economy with 9% unemployment...

I could go along with shutting down some overseas bases and bringing those folks back to the US....we still spend the same money except the money stays in the US...and with more soldiers on home soil we would see some growth in local communities to support the added troops...

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 08:54 AM
Speaking of imports in general.. Not good.

In worrisome sign for U.S. exports to China in June, recent data out of Beijing shows the country’s imports that month were the weakest in 20 months.

China has turned into a 1000 lb gorilla that nobody is going to be able to mess with...

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 09:05 AM
China has turned into a 1000 lb gorilla that nobody is going to be able to mess with...

Here is the last paragraph of the article.

The wider trade gap with China could propel efforts in Congress to pass legislation aimed at pressuring Beijing to raise the value of its yuan currency, which critics charge is artificially weak against the dollar and gives Chinese exporters an unfair advantage.

Didn't we just complete QE1 and QE2 to to devalue our currency?

tommieharris91
7/12/2011, 09:20 AM
If it leads to another recession, that isn't going to help the defict..

The owners of corporations are not doing anything with their profits. I personally think more jobs could be created right now if wealth was being spread. Heck, just giving every worker 5-10% raises would cure a few problems.

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 09:31 AM
The owners of corporations are not doing anything with their profits. I personally think more jobs could be created right now if wealth was being spread. Heck, just giving every worker 5-10% raises would cure a few problems.

If it were only so easy....

hawaii 5-0
7/12/2011, 09:31 AM
We could get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

5-0

Trump/ Bosco 2012

Jammin'
7/12/2011, 09:33 AM

5-0

Trump/ Bosco 2012

Insert the right saying "but that will create higher unemployment".

Sidenote: My friend that is currently in Afghanistan has a thriving design firm in the Paseo district that would be much better off if he was here working rather than getting shot at for no real reason. So there's at least one guy over there that has a job without having to risk his life on a daily basis. I'm guessing he's not alone.

DIB
7/12/2011, 09:37 AM
STOP. SPENDING. BILLIONS. ON. FOREIGN. AID.

Maybe if we stopped spending billions on foreign countries under some ill defined national security plan, we would not need to raise so much in taxes.

XingTheRubicon
7/12/2011, 09:38 AM

Work harder.

hawaii 5-0
7/12/2011, 09:38 AM

Sidenote: My friend that is currently in Afghanistan has a thriving design firm in the Paseo district that would be much better off if he was here working rather than getting shot at for no real reason. So there's at least one guy over there that has a job without having to risk his life on a daily basis. I'm guessing he's not alone.

I think the money we'd save by not being there would more than offset the higher unemployment. There would be a lot of potential in that workforce, like security for Obama's re-election.

5-0

Trump/ Tiger 2012

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 09:39 AM

Most of the "grunts" will have a hard time finding a job in the current market if they are released from the armed forces...

I say you bring them home and spend the money here instead of the desert...

Jammin'
7/12/2011, 09:45 AM
I think the money we'd save by not being there would more than offset the higher unemployment. There would be a lot of potential in that workforce, like security for Obama's re-election.

5-0

Trump/ Tiger 2012

I'm for that.

Most of the "grunts" will have a hard time finding a job in the current market if they are released from the armed forces...

The grunts should have thought about that before making ****ty grades in HS. I'm sure they can continue to suckle from the country's teet at a lot less cost to the average american tax payer.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 09:47 AM

The Marine Corps and Army will immediately downsize if we pull out. Their numbers are artificially inflated to meet that specific demand. The Marine Corps is 20K higher than they are supposed to be and the Army is 40-50K larger.

As far as unemployment numbers , those numbers are pretty small, but it will happen. As far as saving money, it it pretty small as well.

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 09:47 AM
I'm for that.

The grunts should have thought about that before making ****ty grades in HS. I'm sure they can continue to suckle from the country's teet at a lot less cost to the average american tax payer.

Come on....let it out....tell me how your really feel...

tommieharris91
7/12/2011, 09:51 AM
Work harder.

Last time I checked cash and cash equivalents didn't magically turn into more income. Come on. Even you know that hoarding cash is rarely smart business because idle cash does nothing, unlike... Oh... A few welding stations or a branch office in another city.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 09:56 AM
I'm for that.

You have no idea the quality of people coming into the service right now. But with ignorant statements like that, I'm not surprised.

texaspokieokie
7/12/2011, 10:04 AM
i admire nothing about obama or the moronic act of voting for him.

Jammin'
7/12/2011, 10:16 AM
You have no idea the quality of people coming into the service right now. But with ignorant statements like that, I'm not surprised.

Sorry sapp, you're right. I should have said, "based on the people I saw sign up for the armed services in my 4 years of attending HS (plus a couple of classes behind me) and 14 years of teaching HS, the grunts should have thought about that before making ****ty grades in HS."

Does roughly 20 years of watching the very dumbest people sign up for military duty over a vocational or college education in anyway help verify my ignorance? i do admit I no longer teach and haven't for a few years so maybe the validictorians are starting to sign up for military duty instead of college now?

OUMallen
7/12/2011, 10:34 AM

Which is such a dumb argument, really. We can pay those people to do jobs around the interior for a lot cheaper. I assume someone running a bobcat cost less than that same person operating a radar station in Afghanistan.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 10:38 AM
Sorry sapp, you're right. I should have said, "based on the people I saw sign up for the armed services in my 4 years of attending HS (plus a couple of classes behind me) and 14 years of teaching HS, the grunts should have thought about that before making ****ty grades in HS."

Does roughly 20 years of watching the very dumbest people sign up for military duty over a vocational or college education in anyway help verify my ignorance? i do admit I no longer teach and haven't for a few years so maybe the validictorians are starting to sign up for military duty instead of college now?

I guess so...

Students like Machinist's Mate 3rd Class Robert Kilgore, with his blistering 99 ASVAB score and 3.95 grade point average, which made him the No. 1 grad in the early part of 2000. "No class in particular was tougher than the rest," said the Tulsa, Okla., native, who even compared the school to his college experience at the University of Arkansas. "The pace is really fast. Studying takes up a lot of your time. You have to put in more time here than you would at college."

I can't speak for the other services, but getting recruits with Associate Degrees is common place in the Navy, and seeing a Bachelor degree isn't any big deal and that is for coming in as enlisted.

The field that I lead can't keep enough people in and we have been "critically manned" for years. Even in this economy they can go out and immediately make more money than they do in the service. They are not on anyone's "teet" and those that choose to stay in are actually sacrificing money and lifestyle to serve their country.

Jammin'
7/12/2011, 10:45 AM
I guess so...

I can't speak for the other services, but getting recruits with Associate Degrees is common place in the Navy, and seeing a Bachelor degree isn't any big deal and that is for coming in as enlisted.

The field that I lead can't keep enough people in and we have been "critically manned" for years. Even in this economy they can go out and immediately make more money than they do in the service. They are not on anyone's "teet" and those that choose to stay in are actually sacrificing money and lifestyle to serve their country.

You win, the general enlisted person today is the very best of society in both education and maturity. No one can find proof otherwise.

OutlandTrophy
7/12/2011, 11:15 AM
get rid of 30% of the overseas military personnel or let them retrain in a different MOS, close those bases/give them back to whichever country they are in. Bring the remaining 70% back to the states.

That's an easy way to cut the military and help the US economy.

3rdgensooner
7/12/2011, 11:38 AM
The Economist's view: (http://www.economist.com/node/18928600)

The Republicans are playing a cynical political game with hugely high economic stakes

http://media.economist.com/images/images-magazine/2011/07/09/ld/20110709_ldc933.gif

IN THREE weeks, if there is no political deal, the American government will go into default. Not, one must pray, on its sovereign debt. But the country will have to stop paying someone: perhaps pensioners, or government suppliers, or soldiers. That would be damaging enough at a time of economic fragility. And the longer such a default went on, the greater the risk of provoking a genuine bond crisis would become.

There is no good economic reason why this should be happening. America’s net indebtedness is a perfectly affordable 65% of GDP, and throughout the past three years of recession and tepid recovery investors have been more than happy to go on lending to the federal government. The current problems, rather, are political. Under America’s elaborate separation of powers, Congress must authorise any extension of the debt ceiling, which now stands at $14.3 trillion. Back in May the government bumped up against that limit, but various accounting dodges have been used to keep funds flowing. It is now reckoned that these wheezes will be exhausted by August 2nd.

The House of Representatives, under Republican control as a result of last November’s mid-term elections, has balked at passing the necessary bill.

That is perfectly reasonable: until recently the Republicans had been exercising their clear electoral mandate to hold the government of Barack Obama to account, insisting that they will not permit a higher debt ceiling until agreement is reached on wrenching cuts to public spending. Until they started to play hardball in this way, Mr Obama had been deplorably insouciant about the medium-term picture, repeatedly failing in his budgets and his state-of-the-union speeches to offer any path to a sustainable deficit. Under heavy Republican pressure, he has been forced to rethink.

Now, however, the Republicans are pushing things too far. Talks with the administration ground to a halt last month, despite an offer from the Democrats to cut at least $2 trillion and possibly much more out of the budget over the next ten years. Assuming that the recovery continues, that would be enough to get the deficit back to a prudent level. As The Economist went to press, Mr Obama seemed set to restart the talks.

The sticking-point is not on the spending side. It is because the vast majority of Republicans, driven on by the wilder-eyed members of their party and the cacophony of conservative media, are clinging to the position that not a single cent of deficit reduction must come from a higher tax take. This is economically illiterate and disgracefully cynical.

A gamble where you bet your country’s good name
This newspaper has a strong dislike of big government; we have long argued that the main way to right America’s finances is through spending cuts. But you cannot get there without any tax rises. In Britain, for instance, the coalition government aims to tame its deficit with a 3:1 ratio of cuts to hikes. America’s tax take is at its lowest level for decades: even Ronald Reagan raised taxes when he needed to do so.

And the closer you look, the more unprincipled the Republicans look. Earlier this year House Republicans produced a report noting that an 85%-15% split between spending cuts and tax rises was the average for successful fiscal consolidations, according to historical evidence. The White House is offering an 83%-17% split (hardly a huge distance) and a promise that none of the revenue increase will come from higher marginal rates, only from eliminating loopholes. If the Republicans were real tax reformers, they would seize this offer.

Both parties have in recent months been guilty of fiscal recklessness. Right now, though, the blame falls clearly on the Republicans. Independent voters should take note.

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 11:42 AM
3G...is it just repubs digging in their heels?

What specifics have the dems brought out on spending?

3rdgensooner
7/12/2011, 11:46 AM
3G...is it just repubs digging in their heels?

What specifics have the dems brought out on spending?
I didn't write that article. I merely shared it. I don't remember seeing anything posted from The Economist in the past. Thus, it seemed to not be redundant. You may not have noticed this, I'm not big on debating.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 11:49 AM
Don't forget that Obama already has half a trillion in new taxes coming down the pike from Obamacare..

Starting in 2013, the bill adds an additional 0.9% to the 2.9% Medicare tax for singles who earn more than $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000.

• For first time, the bill also applies Medicare’s 2.9% payroll tax rate to investment income, including dividends, interest income and capital gains. Added to the 0.9% payroll surcharge, that means a 3.8-percentage point tax hike on “the rich.” Oh, and these new taxes aren’t indexed for inflation, so many middle-class families will soon be considered rich and pay the surcharge as their incomes rise past $250,000 due to tax-bracket creep. Remember how the Alternative Minimum Tax was supposed to apply only to a handful of millionaires?

Taxpayer cost over 10 years: $210 billion.

• Also starting in 2013 is a 2.3% excise tax on medical device manufacturers and importers. That’s estimated to raise $20 billion.

• Already underway this year is the new annual fee on “branded” drug makers and importers, which will raise $27 billion.

• Another $15.2 billion will come from raising the floor on allowable medical deductions to 10% of adjusted gross income from 7.5%.

• Starting in 2018, the bill imposes a whopping 40% “excise tax” on high-cost health insurance plans. Though it only applies to two years in the 2010-2019 window of ObamaCare’s original budget score, this tax would still raise $32 billion—and much more in future years.

• And don’t forget a new annual fee on health insurance providers starting in 2014 and estimated to raise $60 billion. This tax, like many others on this list, will be passed along to consumers in higher health-care costs.

There are numerous other new taxes in the bill, all adding up to some $438 billion in new revenue over 10 years. But even that is understated because by 2019 the annual revenue increase is nearly $90 billion, or $900 billion in the 10 years after that. Yet Mr. Obama wants to add another $1 trillion in new taxes on top of this.

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 11:51 AM
I didn't write that article. I merely shared it. I don't remember seeing anything posted from The Economist in the past. Thus, it seemed to not be redundant. You may not have noticed this, I'm not big on debating.

It was not a difficult question...

That article pounds on the right yet there are those on the left that are just as big a problem...

3rdgensooner
7/12/2011, 11:53 AM
It was not a difficult question...

That article pounds on the right yet there are those on the left that are just as big a problem...Ok.

pphilfran
7/12/2011, 11:53 AM
Ok.

:D

soonercruiser
7/12/2011, 01:55 PM

Yah! Like Obama's buddy Jeff Immelt!
GE had $5.1 Billion in U.S. profits ($14.x worldwide), and PAID NO TAXES!!!
Another guy on Obama's jobs council pushed 10,000 of his jobs overseas!
**And, they are telling others to hire and invest more in America!!
HYPOCRITS!!!!
:mad:

soonercruiser
7/12/2011, 01:56 PM

5-0

Trump/ Bosco 2012

We definately need the military to get out of Hawaii!
:rolleyes:

BermudaSooner
7/12/2011, 03:19 PM

I get concerned anytime anyone says "spread the wealth." That is code for steal from me and give to someone who didn't earn it.

CrimsonCream
7/12/2011, 04:03 PM
^^^

It is.

CrimsonCream
7/12/2011, 04:08 PM
i admire nothing about obama or the moronic act of voting for him.

He is, without a doubt, the Scumbag of all Scumbags. He simply cannot tell the truth about anything and acts only in his best interests to get reelected. He'll say and do -and has- anything for that purpose.

If the corrupt Media was only 25% unbiased then this turd wouldn't have a chance at reelection.

It is a very sad time for our Country.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 04:10 PM
I get concerned anytime anyone says "spread the wealth." That is code for steal from me and give to someone who didn't earn it.

Obama is on the record that the reason he wants to increase the capital gains tax is "for purposes of fairness". Even if that decreases revenue...

WpSDBu35K-8

His answer comes about the 50 second mark after the question is asked and it is explained that every time capital gains taxes have been lowered, revenue increased.

okie52
7/12/2011, 04:17 PM
Obama is on the record that the reason he wants to increase the capital gains tax is "for purposes of fairness". Even if that decreases revenue...

WpSDBu35K-8

His answer comes about the 50 second mark after the question is asked and it is explained that every time capital gains taxes have been lowered, revenue increased.

Really amazing how his logic worked there.

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 04:43 PM
You win, the general enlisted person today is the very best of society in both education and maturity. No one can find proof otherwise.

Oh look here is one of those poor students you love to point out. I wish that guy would get off the government teet... :rolleyes:

Petry attended Santa Fe High School but was a poor student and had to repeat his freshman year.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Sergeant_First_Class_Leroy_A._Petry_White_House_12 _July_2011.jpg

Leroy Arthur Petry is a Sergeant First Class in the United States Army and recipient of the Medal of Honor. Petry was nominated for The Medal for his actions during a firefight in Afghanistan as a Staff Sergeant in the 2nd Ranger Battalion. Upon his Medal of Honor presentation ceremony on July 12, he became the second living recipient of the award for actions occurring since the Vietnam War.

Staff Sergeant Leroy A. Petry distinguished himself by acts of gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty in action with an armed enemy in the vicinity of Paktya Province, Afghanistan, on May 26, 2008. As a Weapons Squad Leader with D Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Staff Sergeant Petry moved to clear the courtyard of a house that potentially contained high-value combatants. While crossing the courtyard, Staff Sergeant Petry and another Ranger were engaged and wounded by automatic weapons fire from enemy fighters. Still under enemy fire, and wounded in both legs, Staff Sergeant Petry led the other Ranger to cover. He then reported the situation and engaged the enemy with a hand grenade, providing suppression as another Ranger moved to his position. The enemy quickly responded by maneuvering closer and throwing grenades. The first grenade explosion knocked his two fellow Rangers to the ground and wounded both with shrapnel. A second grenade then landed only a few feet away from them. Instantly realizing the danger, Staff Sergeant Petry, unhesitatingly and with complete disregard for his safety, deliberately and selflessly moved forward, picked up the grenade, and in an effort to clear the immediate threat, threw the grenade away from his fellow Rangers. As he was releasing the grenade it detonated, amputating his right hand at the wrist and further injuring him with multiple shrapnel wounds. Although picking up and throwing the live grenade grievously wounded Staff Sergeant Petry, his gallant act undeniably saved his fellow Rangers from being severely wounded or killed. Despite the severity of his wounds, Staff Sergeant Petry continued to maintain the presence of mind to place a tourniquet on his right wrist before communicating the situation by radio in order to coordinate support for himself and his fellow wounded Rangers. Staff Sergeant Petry's extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of military service, and reflect great credit upon himself, 75th Ranger Regiment, and the United States Army.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o5Eeu-Ddf9Y/ThtzjS1zYLI/AAAAAAAAD2w/7JOWArxSW-A/s400/news_images_ranger_petry_534071749.jpg

Fish&Game
7/12/2011, 04:50 PM
^what a dumba$$.....:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 05:04 PM
He is, without a doubt, the Scumbag of all Scumbags. He simply cannot tell the truth about anything and acts only in his best interests to get reelected. He'll say and do -and has- anything for that purpose.

If the corrupt Media was only 25% unbiased then this turd wouldn't have a chance at reelection.

It is a very sad time for our Country.

By Corrupt Media you mean.....?

Murdoch's moral failure, Fox News and Republican dirty tricks

Will Fox News survive the storm currently rocking Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. media empire?

Monday the American arm of Murdoch's empire came under attack. In particular, the questionable practices of Fox News have once again come under intense scrutiny.

Murdoch's News Corp. is in flames after a cesspool of sleazy journalism and base criminality emanating from News Corp.’s British News of the World tabloid was recently exposed.

As the scandal continues to rage in Great Britain with revelations of ghastly illegal and unethical news gathering practices by News Corp. employees; the scandal festers and grows, crossing the Atlantic, and threatening the American portion of Murdoch's media empire.

http://www.examiner.com/democrat-in-national/murdoch-s-moral-failure-fox-news-and-republican-dirty-tricks

OR.....

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/transcript/why-didnt-ge-pay-any-taxes-despite-making-5-billion-profit

http://www.salon.com/news/fox_news/?story=/politics/war_room/2011/07/12/fox_taxes

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 05:08 PM

Will Fox News survive the storm currently rocking Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. media empire?

Monday the American arm of Murdoch's empire came under attack. In particular, the questionable practices of Fox News have once again come under intense scrutiny.

Murdoch's News Corp. is in flames after a cesspool of sleazy journalism and base criminality emanating from News Corp.’s British News of the World tabloid was recently exposed.

As the scandal continues to rage in Great Britain with revelations of ghastly illegal and unethical news gathering practices by News Corp. employees; the scandal festers and grows, crossing the Atlantic, and threatening the American portion of Murdoch's media empire.

http://www.examiner.com/democrat-in-national/murdoch-s-moral-failure-fox-news-and-republican-dirty-tricks

I don't know if I have ever read anything from a "gypsy scholar" before. But he certainly sounds moderate... :rolleyes:

Gypsy scholar and freelance writer, Michael is a secular humanist with a passion for politics and protecting the civil liberties of those on the margins of society. You can reach Michael at [email protected].

SoCaliSooner
7/12/2011, 05:12 PM
Your article is from the aptly named Democrat Examiner and there is nothing connecting Fox to any of that mess. However most of your posts rarely have anything to do with the topic at hand.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 05:25 PM
Your article is from the aptly named Democrat Examiner and there is nothing connecting Fox to any of that mess. However most of your posts rarely have anything to do with the topic at hand.

I can understand your being suspicious.

I think it's to soon to declare innocence.

I notice you throw out the Fox article and O'Rielly video pretty fast. I don't trust any of them and they report what keeps them gainfully employed. There is a point where both sides might consider that crucifying each other might be way to big a gamble.

SoCaliSooner
7/12/2011, 05:44 PM
I can understand your being suspicious.

I think it's to soon to declare innocence.

I notice you throw out the Fox article and O'Rielly video pretty fast. I don't trust any of them and they report what keeps them gainfully employed. There is a point where both sides might consider that crucifying each other might be way to big a gamble.

I didn't "throw out" a Fox article or even remotely know what O Reilly video you are talking about. My guess is that you don't either.

cccasooner2
7/12/2011, 05:45 PM

OK, here's to the topic at hand; sappstuf's admiration of Obama's honesty.

IxAKFlpdcfc

AlboSooner
7/12/2011, 06:24 PM
I have a gnawing suspicion that Op does not appreciate Obama's honesty.

Fish&Game
7/12/2011, 06:43 PM
do you pronounce that G-naw....or is the g silent?

AlboSooner
7/12/2011, 06:48 PM
I usually just say awing. It's hipper that way

usmc-sooner
7/12/2011, 06:58 PM

what a dumbass. I served and I had a College Degree a little better than Education, and I get paid a little more that a HS teacher now. I'm not going bag on your dumbass with your superior intellect of baby sitting HS kids you probably don't realize almost all officers and a lot of enlisted, have degrees but had a desire to serve.

okie52
7/12/2011, 07:05 PM
Pat Tillman must have been a dumb azz.

usmc-sooner
7/12/2011, 07:13 PM
I would guess most SNCO's make more than teachers. So who's the dumbass. I know their re-enlistment bonuses are bigger.

soonercruiser
7/12/2011, 09:02 PM

OR.....

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/transcript/why-didnt-ge-pay-any-taxes-despite-making-5-billion-profit

http://www.salon.com/news/fox_news/?story=/politics/war_room/2011/07/12/fox_taxes

Soooo Stoop!
Murdoch is directly responsible for the British paper's sleezy journalism??
Then BHO is responsible for every mistake, and piece of dirty corruption all all his administration.
That's fair!

soonercruiser
7/12/2011, 09:03 PM
Oh look here is one of those poor students you love to point out. I wish that guy would get off the government teet... :rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Sergeant_First_Class_Leroy_A._Petry_White_House_12 _July_2011.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o5Eeu-Ddf9Y/ThtzjS1zYLI/AAAAAAAAD2w/7JOWArxSW-A/s400/news_images_ranger_petry_534071749.jpg

I'm sure Profit and Stoop are outraged by this govment tit sucker!

(You did mean Obama, right?) :D

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 09:08 PM
I'm sure Profit and Stoop are outraged by this govment tit sucker!

(You did mean Obama, right?) :D

I have no idea about profit....

I do know this though.....I don't know of any MOH Recipients that deserve any criticism for what they did to receive that award.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 09:16 PM
I didn't "throw out" a Fox article or even remotely know what O Reilly video you are talking about. My guess is that you don't either.

Which means you are just trolling me as usual....

okie52
7/12/2011, 09:16 PM
I have no idea about profit....

I do know this though.....I don't know of any MOH Recipients that deserve any criticism for what they did to receive that award.

Agreed!!!!

SoCaliSooner
7/12/2011, 10:05 PM
Which means you are just trolling me as usual....

Nooooo little buddy. It means that I said that there doesn't seem to be any connection between the stuff going on in Britain and Fox news. I haven't watched any O'reilly video so there's nothing for me to throw out.

Did you read that slow enough to understand it?

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 10:18 PM
Nooooo little buddy. It means that I said that there doesn't seem to be any connection between the stuff going on in Britain and Fox news. I haven't watched any O'reilly video so there's nothing for me to throw out.

Did you read that slow enough to understand it?

And you are to stupid to understand anything I'm talking about....

FOX NEWS CHANNEL - Sister channel(s)

Fox Business Network
Fox Broadcasting Company
Sky News
Sky News Australia
SKY TG 24

Keith Rupert Murdoch is an Australian American media mogul and the Chairman and CEO of News Corporation.

Rupert Murdoch made his first acquisition in the United States in 1973, when he purchased the San Antonio Express-News. Soon afterwards, he founded Star, a supermarket tabloid, and in 1976, he purchased the New York Post. On 4 September 1985, Murdoch became a naturalised citizen to satisfy the legal requirement that only US citizens were permitted to own American television stations. Also in 1985, Murdoch purchased the 20th Century Fox movie studio. In 1986, Murdoch purchased six television stations owned by Metromedia. These stations would form the nucleus of the Fox Broadcasting Company, which was founded on 9 October 1986. In 1987, in Australia he bought The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd, the company that his father had once managed. By 1991, his Australian-based News Corp. had worked up huge debts (much from Sky TV in the UK), forcing Murdoch to sell many of the American magazine interests he had acquired in the mid-1980s.

In 1995, Murdoch's Fox Network became the object of scrutiny from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), when it was alleged that News Ltd.'s Australian base made Murdoch's ownership of Fox illegal. However, the FCC ruled in Murdoch's favor, stating that his ownership of Fox was in the best interests of the public. That same year, Murdoch announced a deal with MCI Communications to develop a major news website and magazine, The Weekly Standard. Also that year, News Corp. launched the Foxtel pay television network in Australia in partnership with Telstra.

In 1996, Murdoch decided to enter the cable news market with the Fox News Channel, a 24-hour cable news television station. Following its launch, Fox News consistently eroded CNN's market share and eventually became the most-watched cable news channel[citation needed]. Ratings studies released in the fourth quarter of 2004 showed that the network was responsible for nine of the top ten programs in the "Cable News" category at that time[citation needed]. Rupert Murdoch and Ted Turner (founder and former owner of CNN) are long-standing rivals.[citation needed]

In late 2003, Murdoch acquired a 34 percent stake in Hughes Electronics, the operator of the largest American satellite TV system, DirecTV, from General Motors for $6 billion (USD). (NBC Owners)

Guy is at War with every news Organization in the World.

It's OK...I understand if you don't want anyone to read about all the scumbags that currently are trying to ruin our Country or any other Country on Earth that work for the Owner of New Corp who was sold the keys to America and now tell us what our Founding Father's thought.

Dude is an Aussie and I imagine he either hates Kings like we do or is proud that he has damn near taken over News in America and the Writing of History on Earth during his lifetime and unaware that he has scumbags who are working for him.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 10:41 PM
And need I say....one heck of an example to people on how to live and pay taxes as an American....

Marriage

Murdoch has been married three times. In 1956 he married Patricia Booker, a former shop assistant and flight attendant from Melbourne with whom he had his first child, a daughter, Prudence, born in 1958. Rupert and Patricia Murdoch divorced in 1967.

In 1967 Murdoch married Anna Torv, a Scottish-born cadet journalist working for his Sydney newspaper The Daily Telegraph (not to be mistaken for the actress Anna Torv of Fringe who is the elder Torv's niece). During his marriage to Torv, a Roman Catholic, Murdoch was awarded the KSG, a papal honour.

Torv and Murdoch had three children: Elisabeth Murdoch (born in Sydney, Australia on 22 August 1968), Lachlan Murdoch (born in London, UK on 8 September 1971), and James Murdoch, (born in Wimbledon, UK on 13 December 1972). Murdoch's companies published two novels by his then wife: Family Business (1988) and Coming to Terms (1991), both widely regarded[63] as vanity publications. Anna and Rupert divorced in June 1999.

Anna Murdoch received a settlement of US$ 1.2 billion in assets.[64] Seventeen days after the divorce, on 25 June 1999, Murdoch, then aged 68, married Chinese-born Deng Wendi (Wendi Deng in Western style). She was 30, a recent Yale School of Management graduate, and a newly appointed vice-president of STAR TV.

Rupert Murdoch has two children with Deng: Grace Helen (born in New York 19 November 2001) and Chloe (born in New York 17 July 2003).

Tax avoidance

In 1999, The Economist reported that Newscorp Investments had made £11.4 billion ($20.1 billion) in profits over the previous 11 years but had not paid net corporation tax. It also reported that after an examination of the available accounts, Newscorp could normally have been expected to pay corporate tax of approximately $350 million. The article explained that in practice the corporation's complex structure, international scope and use of offshore tax havens allowed News Corporation to pay minimal taxes.

SoCaliSooner
7/12/2011, 10:43 PM
But they avoided taxes legally right? How many in Obamas own administration did it illegally?

sooner59
7/12/2011, 10:58 PM
I LOL'd at the mention of honesty in politics.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 11:03 PM
I'm just kidding....he's gonna buy us a great President.

SoCaliSooner
7/12/2011, 11:06 PM
It's OK...I understand if you don't want anyone to read about all the scumbags that currently are trying to ruin our Country or any other Country on Earth that work for the Owner of New Corp who was sold the keys to America and now tell us what our Founding Father's thought.

Dude is an Aussie and I imagine he either hates Kings like we do or is proud that he has damn near taken over News in America and the Writing of History on Earth during his lifetime and unaware that he has scumbags who are working for him.

Kudos on another click...copy....paste from wiki.

Well let's get rid of the republicans and let the dems run the country. You'll have the same perfection we have here on the left coast of California. We're only billions in debt and running off businesses, have one of the highest tax burdens and fund/mandate/create most of the green initiatives.

WA. Sooner
7/13/2011, 12:54 AM
Stop spending! That is the answer. If raising taxes was the answer, we would not be in crisis. This country, state, and local raises taxes EVERY year. it might be sells tax, a fee for your license, car tag, gas tax, something is always raised but we are in no better shape. If you increase the credit limit on the government credit card, they will raise there spending also.

CrimsonCream
7/13/2011, 08:06 AM
Well let's get rid of the republicans and let the dems run the country. You'll have the same perfection we have here on the left coast of California. We're only billions in debt and running off businesses, have one of the highest tax burdens and fund/mandate/create most of the green initiatives.

Very astute.

A sign of things to come but the Obama lovers continue to ignore it.

Nissan moved its Corporate Headquarters from California to Franklin, TN, because of the very things you mentioned.