PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods special announcement...

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2011, 08:24 AM
What ya think? Is he retiring?:pop:

olevetonahill
7/11/2011, 08:27 AM
Prolly more like This.

http://www.life.com/static/ugc/642/ugc1033642/watermarkcomp.jpg

KantoSooner
7/11/2011, 08:29 AM
He'll show up with a bimbo on each arm and a bottle of jack in hand. The entirety of his message? "I'm back".

rekamrettuB
7/11/2011, 08:32 AM
He's going to confess to the murder of Caylee Anthony.

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 08:34 AM
I haven't heard of any announcement but if he's making one I'd guess surgery and out for the year OR he's announcing he'll be back for Firestone or the PGA.

olevetonahill
7/11/2011, 08:35 AM
I haven't heard of any announcement but if he's making one I'd guess surgery and out for the year OR he's announcing he'll be back for Firestone or the PGA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-set-to-make-an-announcement-on-Monda?urn=golf-wp3429

Mississippi Sooner
7/11/2011, 09:02 AM
I don't normally do this, but...

He'll show up with a bimbo on each arm and a bottle of jack in hand. The entirety of his message? #WINNING.

FIFY

GKeeper316
7/11/2011, 09:03 AM
He'll show up with a bimbo on each arm and a bottle of jack in hand. The entirety of his message? "I'm back".

"my knee is jacked up again, so ima just kick it in amsterdam, snort ambien, smoke a gang of weed and stack bitches 5 high.

"y'all be cool i'm out".

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 09:06 AM
he's going to replace Charlie Sheen on the show Two and a Half Men

GKeeper316
7/11/2011, 09:06 AM
i think tiger and charlie sheen would be a fun couple dudes to hang with.

Partial Qualifier
7/11/2011, 09:12 AM
^^ Id love to party with those guys for a few weeks :D

I think Tiger's screwed. And not in the biblical sense.

He's always had a young man's swing. He's been taking steroids to maintain that swing, and he's got the "tendons arent strong enough to handle the HGH" problem, or something -- his body is falling apart. He's 35 and having problems golfers in their late 40's might have. His swing just looks painful now, whether he's playing well or not. He's getting to that age when he can't swing like that anymore without dire consequences.

Unless he takes a 2-year hiatus to let his body heal and get off the steroids (probably won't happen) AND successfully retools his swing to become a more-sustainable golf swing (definitely won't happen), I think his days of winning majors is over. Just my uneducated opinion.

Sooner24
7/11/2011, 09:23 AM
His agent said that there is no new conference.

Sooner24
7/11/2011, 09:23 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/golf/sns-ap-glf-tiger-woods,0,3662283.story

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 09:24 AM
He's been taking steroids to maintain that swing,

link?

picasso
7/11/2011, 09:30 AM

He's always had a young man's swing. He's been taking steroids to maintain that swing, and he's got the "tendons arent strong enough to handle the HGH" problem, or something -- his body is falling apart. He's 35 and having problems golfers in their late 40's might have. His swing just looks painful now, whether he's playing well or not. He's getting to that age when he can't swing like that anymore without dire consequences.

Unless he takes a 2-year hiatus to let his body heal and get off the steroids (probably won't happen) AND successfully retools his swing to become a more-sustainable golf swing (definitely won't happen), I think his days of winning majors is over. Just my uneducated opinion.

Steroids? Really? I doubt it.

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 09:32 AM
I have no idea if he has taken steroids or not but the only benefit I can see for a golfer to take steroids is length and there are plenty of players out there that are longer than he is or he ever was. Tiger was longer than most but where he out classed EVERYBODY in his heyday was his short game, intimidation and shot/putt making when he needed it....I don't think steroids would help with any of that.

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 09:33 AM
He was on the grassy knoll

DIB
7/11/2011, 09:37 AM
I have no idea if he has taken steroids or not but the only benefit I can see for a golfer to take steroids is length and there are plenty of players out there that are longer than he is or he ever was. Tiger was longer than most but where he out classed EVERYBODY in his heyday was his short game, intimidation and shot/putt making when he needed it....I don't think steroids would help with any of that.

*snicker*

Mongo
7/11/2011, 09:38 AM

you were talking about his dick, werent you?

SoCaliSooner
7/11/2011, 09:39 AM
He's half dog eater.

Mongo
DAMN YOU DIB!!!!

3rdgensooner
DIB & Mongo, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g

Breadburner
7/11/2011, 09:41 AM
He was on the grassy hole

FIFY...

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 09:42 AM
DAMN YOU DIB!!!!

Your brane sucks.

sappstuf
In completely unrelated news that has nothing to do with Tiger Woods...

Canadian Doctor to Tiger Woods, A-Rod Admits Bringing Steroids Into U.S. (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-06/canadian-doctor-to-tiger-woods-a-rod-pleads-guilty-in-steroids-to-case.html)

Mongo
at least I am not thinking of golfers' weeners

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 09:43 AM
at least I am not thinking of golfers' weeners

Your mouf is.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 09:45 AM
Your mouf is.

bhahahahahaahahaa **** YOU!!!!

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 09:47 AM
In completely unrelated news that has nothing to do with Tiger Woods...

my doctor often prescribes birth control pills to other patients

ergo - i am also taking them

DIB
7/11/2011, 09:49 AM

I wish ST would take birth control. Then we wouldn't have to deal with his abortions all over every thread.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2011, 09:50 AM
I wish ST would take birth control. Then we wouldn't have to deal with his abortions all over every thread.damn

Mongo
7/11/2011, 09:51 AM
I wish ST would take birth control. Then we wouldn't have to deal with his abortions all over every thread.

excellence

OhU1
7/11/2011, 09:52 AM

Not sure if Tiger took roids or not either. Ethically I can see Tiger having no problem taking juice if he thought it would assist his game.

I remember in the 80's that many argued that there would be little benefit for baseball players taking steroids because baseball is largely a finesse game. Of course you must have all the finely tuned skills to play baseball but everything being equal a stronger player is a better player. We know now that virtually every player of note in the 90's was on roids or HGH (except Gregg Maddox, that guy looked like an accountant).

Side note speaking about golf - what about Phil Mickelson? the dude needs a bra. "bitch tits"? ;)

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 09:53 AM
Not sure if Tiger took roids or not either. Ethically I can see Tiger having no problem taking juice if he thought it would assist his game.

I remember in the 80's that many argued that there would be little benefit for baseball players taking steroids because baseball is largely a finesse game. Of course you must have all the finely tuned skills to play baseball but everything being equal a stronger player is a better player. We know now that virtually every player of note in the 90's was on roids or HGH (except Gregg Maddox, that guy looked like an accountant).

Side note speaking about golf - what about Phil Mickelson? the dude needs a bra. "bitch tits"? ;)

We prefer the term "moobs", kind sir. In a pinch, "mits".

sappstuf
7/11/2011, 10:11 AM

What size is your rack?

It has become pretty clear that athletes will seek out doctors who deal with this stuff. This doctor, Dr Eufemiano Fuentes, Dr Ferrari.... Just to name a couple.

Tiger has the money to see any doctor in the country, and yet he gets seen by this guy who is now an admitted criminal and dealt in steriods.

It might not be fire, but there is a lot of smoke....

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 10:12 AM

no denial of that - but that's not enough proof for me that he was using the stuff

he was long off the tee's when he was a scrawny kid playing at the US Amateur....

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 10:13 AM
What size is your rack?

It has become pretty clear that athletes will seek out doctors who deal with this stuff. This doctor, Dr Eufemiano Fuentes, Dr Ferrari.... Just to name a couple.

Tiger has the money to see any doctor in the country, and yet he gets seen by this guy who is now an admitted criminal and dealt in steriods.

This is the name I use when I go out to the bars.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 10:14 AM
This is the name I use when I go out to the bars.

really? I am Dr. Benz. wanna go cruising for some trim this weekend?

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 10:20 AM
Yes!

Partial Qualifier
7/11/2011, 10:30 AM
What size is your rack?

That's really all I base my opinion on as well.

The tendon & ligament injuries for a golfer his age is a little suspicious. The fact that he's a lying, cheating slimeball is another thing. But yeah, the guy can afford any and all doctors in the world, but he chooses treatment from this shady Canadian dude who just got convicted of all sorts of stuff involving HGH and other illegal performancing substances? Hmm..

I read where of 70 PGA tour pros polled, 25% of them think Tiger takes performance enhancing drugs. That's a pretty high number considering those are his colleagues.

oumartin
7/11/2011, 10:33 AM
heard he's raising the debt ceiling

tator
7/11/2011, 10:43 AM
We prefer the term "moobs", kind sir. In a pinch, "mits".
Tits McGee

WichitaSooner
7/11/2011, 11:04 AM
The point of a golfer taking steriods has nothing to do with hitting the golf ball farther...

It's about remaining injury free, recovering from injuries faster, and physical endurance to stay stronger later in rounds and through 4 day grueling tournaments.... All of which Tiger has LOST and you add that to the strange injuries... It definitely looks like he's been juicing and has stopped...

soonerchk
7/11/2011, 11:27 AM
I have steroids injected into my back. I wonder how far I can hit the ball?

Mongo
7/11/2011, 11:29 AM
I have steroids injected into my back. I wonder how far I can hit the ball?

you are a girl. not very far

soonerchk
7/11/2011, 11:30 AM
you are a girl. not very far

Come stand right in front of the tee and coach me.

diegosooner
7/11/2011, 11:30 AM
The point of a golfer taking steriods has nothing to do with hitting the golf ball farther...

It's about remaining injury free, recovering from injuries faster, and physical endurance to stay stronger later in rounds and through 4 day grueling tournaments.... All of which Tiger has LOST and you add that to the strange injuries... It definitely looks like he's been juicing and has stopped...

Are professional golfers tested? I myself have no idea.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 11:31 AM

oh, a man hater. you must be a softball enthusiast

soonerchk
7/11/2011, 11:32 AM
oh, a man hater. you must be a softball enthusiast

I love most men. They taste like chicken.

Jammin'
7/11/2011, 11:33 AM

Whoa, I just realized Wichita is Jim Trabor. Weird.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2011, 11:34 AM
really? I am Dr. Benz. wanna go cruising for some trim this weekend?Can Dr. Pinto come along??? Please?

Romulus
7/11/2011, 11:38 AM
Can Dr. Pinto come along??? Please?

WISooner?

Mongo
7/11/2011, 11:45 AM
Can Dr. Pinto come along??? Please?

SURE!!!:D

WichitaSooner
7/11/2011, 11:53 AM
Whoa, I just realized Wichita is Jim Trabor. Weird.

Why would you do that to me??????!!!!???? :(

Jammin'
7/11/2011, 11:55 AM
Why would you do that to me??????!!!!???? :(

Sorry buddy, Trabor has me brainwashed about Tiger and you pulled his same line of reasoning.

WichitaSooner
7/11/2011, 11:59 AM
Sorry buddy, Trabor has me brainwashed about Tiger and you pulled his same line of reasoning.

Well, I don't listen to the animal so I can't claim I plagiarized it... so.... damn....

But we may have to add Tiger to the "enlarged heart" death list... Just sayin'

soonerboomer93
7/11/2011, 12:00 PM

Someone wants to practice her two ball swing

Mjcpr
7/11/2011, 12:01 PM
Someone wants to practice her two ball swing

Mongo refers to it simply as the 'chin', so....

Sooner in Tampa
7/11/2011, 12:30 PM
Are professional golfers tested? I myself have no idea.
The PGA does not test for any PED's!

picasso
7/11/2011, 08:21 PM
That's really all I base my opinion on as well.

The tendon & ligament injuries for a golfer his age is a little suspicious. The fact that he's a lying, cheating slimeball is another thing. But yeah, the guy can afford any and all doctors in the world, but he chooses treatment from this shady Canadian dude who just got convicted of all sorts of stuff involving HGH and other illegal performancing substances? Hmm..

I read where of 70 PGA tour pros polled, 25% of them think Tiger takes performance enhancing drugs. That's a pretty high number considering those are his colleagues.

HGH isn't illegal.

And if Tiger was taking that or roids he'd be more like 210, 215, rather than 185 - 190. I'm the same body type and weighed about the same in high school.
I now stay right around 200 and that's just from weight training. I'm just saying as much as Tiger lifts he'd be much bigger.
I think his injuries have more to do with the violence in his swing than anything else. Oh and running down hills is bad for knees.;)

We shall see but you guys are goofy if you think roids are what's made him great. They may help in recovery but he was hitting it farther when he weighed a 160.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 08:29 PM
HGH abused is illegal. if he had a script, he should produce it. HGH alone does some good, but it is mostly stacked with something else. you weight 200 now, but if you took the cocktails he took and did his workouts, what would you weigh? probably less than 200. cut like a mofo and nailing chicks left and right

picasso
7/11/2011, 08:38 PM
HGH abused is illegal. if he had a script, he should produce it. HGH alone does some good, but it is mostly stacked with something else. you weight 200 now, but if you took the cocktails he took and did his workouts, what would you weigh? probably less than 200. cut like a mofo and nailing chicks left and right

Well yeah when I was 30. My point is I have the same body type and am built about like he is now and I never roided up. I also got to where I could max 340 on the bench.
And why should he produce a script if he's not guilty of anything?

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 08:44 PM

It's always flattering to me when some dildo makes a derogatory comment about me for absolutely no reason.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 08:46 PM
HGH is still a prescription. you still have to produce a reason why you are on it. itisnt easily tested as test, but it still is a controlled substance. the PGA doesnt PED test, but that doesnt make it legal outside the sport.

go get you sone hgh. I bet yoyr body type will change in ways you wouldnt imagine

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 08:48 PM
Anyway....I was thinking Tiger might be taking some time off to spend in a Snow Cave with Bear Grylls after Jake Proved that Brokeback Mountain is alive and well.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ua1TU3ML_24/ThOE8dizbLI/AAAAAAAAe9s/bqmvKw5oxMw/s1600/3.jpg

sappstuf
7/11/2011, 08:49 PM
I'm still waiting for this...

VPcBIw2422U

fadada1
7/11/2011, 08:59 PM
an earlier mention about hitting the ball farther due to HGH, and referencing injury...

there are very few MAJOR injuries that golfers suffer. most are nagging-type that turn chronic. most prominent are lower back problems, due to "rapid compression" of a certain area of muscles. if you have a little knowledge of the golf swing, take a look at fred couples. his swing, and others like it, lend themselves to back pain/injury due to his very rapid hip drive/release.

that being said, if HGH would reduce and/or eliminate that pain, it would be very "desirable" in order to keep playing.

now, all that being said, getting older sucks. i'm roughly the same weight as i was 15 years ago, but have dramatically less strength/flexibility. my driver swing speed was about 120+ 15 years ago. now, i MIGHT get it to 110 if i "jump" on it. while still "scratch", if i could get back to 120+, without injury, the benefits would be huge. big difference hitting a wedge into greens, versus an 7 iron.

just my $.02.

picasso
7/12/2011, 01:46 AM
HGH is still a prescription. you still have to produce a reason why you are on it. itisnt easily tested as test, but it still is a controlled substance. the PGA doesnt PED test, but that doesnt make it legal outside the sport.

go get you sone hgh. I bet yoyr body type will change in ways you wouldnt imagine

Yeah I know this dude. I know it's the cocktail of choice for actors in Hollywood.
I still say Eldrick didn't use any of them. He's too small.

There was that lag in his career when he was surpassed by a ton of players as far his distance goes and then made a comeback. Drugs? Maybe but I still doubt it.

MamaMia
7/12/2011, 03:36 AM
CAUTION!!!: Serious Post

Many media outlets — except the one on which he's supposed to be appearing — are saying that golfer Tiger Woods will be making a "special announcement" of some kind on The Golf Channel at 11 a.m. ET. It turns out it will be his agent who will be interviewed. That is all.

Partial Qualifier
7/12/2011, 08:31 AM
HGH isn't illegal.

And if Tiger was taking that or roids he'd be more like 210, 215, rather than 185 - 190. I'm the same body type and weighed about the same in high school.
I now stay right around 200 and that's just from weight training. I'm just saying as much as Tiger lifts he'd be much bigger.
I think his injuries have more to do with the violence in his swing than anything else. Oh and running down hills is bad for knees.;)

We shall see but you guys are goofy if you think roids are what's made him great. They may help in recovery but he was hitting it farther when he weighed a 160.

Who said anything about roids making him great? Not me.

edit: I take that 'hero' comment back. But where there's smoke.... I think Tiger's lost the benefit of the doubt.

picasso
7/12/2011, 08:38 AM
Who said anything about roids making him great? Not me.

edit: I take that 'hero' comment back. But where there's smoke.... I think Tiger's lost the benefit of the doubt.

I'm afraid I've thrown Jim Traber into this argument. Traber swears he's a roid puppy.
We just need to remember he was making folks change golf courses before he started gaining weight and banging the Hooters' staff.;)

Partial Qualifier
7/12/2011, 08:51 AM
I think Mjcpr is the one who said a golfer would take only roids to gain length off the tee, but that was rebuffed several times

And I somewhat agree that his violent swing probably lends itself to injuries, but he's sticking with that "young man's" swing into his mid-30's and recovering from endless rounds of golf & the injuries.. and the down-low doctor from Canada.. idunno man.

Repeating my opinion, but: if he doesn't completely revamp his swing, and/or take a year or two off to completely heal up, he's not winning any more majors. He's still got one of the best short games ever; he can do it, but he's at that age.. time isn't really on his side anymore

Breadburner
7/12/2011, 08:54 AM
He's coming out of the closet.....

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/12/2011, 09:04 AM
an earlier mention about hitting the ball farther due to HGH, and referencing injury...

there are very few MAJOR injuries that golfers suffer. most are nagging-type that turn chronic. most prominent are lower back problems, due to "rapid compression" of a certain area of muscles. if you have a little knowledge of the golf swing, take a look at fred couples. his swing, and others like it, lend themselves to back pain/injury due to his very rapid hip drive/release.

that being said, if HGH would reduce and/or eliminate that pain, it would be very "desirable" in order to keep playing.

now, all that being said, getting older sucks. i'm roughly the same weight as i was 15 years ago, but have dramatically less strength/flexibility. my driver swing speed was about 120+ 15 years ago. now, i MIGHT get it to 110 if i "jump" on it. while still "scratch", if i could get back to 120+, without injury, the benefits would be huge. big difference hitting a wedge into greens, versus an 7 iron.

just my $.02.

Obviously I dont know you and we have never played golf together so I could be wrong but these posts remind me of "the fish was this big" sorta thing. I always have a hard time believing someone when they say they drive it 330 every time and have a 120-140mph swing speed. I'm in great physical shape and have a 108-109 swing speed but have good tempo. Only about 1 to 3% of the golfing population can swing over 112to 115mph

Scott D
7/12/2011, 09:14 AM

Actually Sports Science had a segment about him and his injuries. They dated their data back to the US Open he won on "one leg" that led up to his first knee surgery. It basically came down to the way he swings his clubs puts a ton of torque on his left knee that has created chronic damage to the ligaments of the knee. Coming back early more than once from an injured knee has made things worse in regards to the ligaments and cartilage in that knee.

His biggest problem right now is that to maintain longevity in his career past this point he needs to completely rework his swing in such a way as to lessen the torque on that left knee. The problem there is attempting to undo essentially 30+ years of training/habit to be able play at a high level for another 20 years.

soonercruiser
7/12/2011, 01:59 PM

THIS +1

fadada1
7/12/2011, 02:35 PM
Obviously I dont know you and we have never played golf together so I could be wrong but these posts remind me of "the fish was this big" sorta thing. I always have a hard time believing someone when they say they drive it 330 every time and have a 120-140mph swing speed. I'm in great physical shape and have a 108-109 swing speed but have good tempo. Only about 1 to 3% of the golfing population can swing over 112to 115mph

good tempo, strong core, and fast hands. we use the mizuno fitting system, and have access to some high-tech stuff. 6-iron speed varies between 88-92. driver these days bounces in the 106-110 range. anything faster i don't know where it's going. having played for 30 years, and taught for 10+ years, gives a good understanding of how to generate club head speed... efficiently.

again, i'm less concerned with generating speed, and more concerned with avoiding injury and enjoying golf. my livelihood somewhat depends on my ability to play (very little), but tour guys MUST stay healthy to play the bills. if a guy could take HGH to prolong his career, and still move the club to keep pace with younger guys, why wouldn't he take it. i don't agree with it, but i could understand it.