PDA

View Full Version : smart phone video question

madmartigan
7/10/2011, 09:50 PM
first off let me say i just made my first smart phone purchase and i am dumb as a rock when it comes to this stuff. i picked up an htc incredible and i took some video and tried emailing it and the video file (3gpp) and it turned out it would not play on most media players. I also tried sending the video file via media message, which my old phone let me do, but i can't do it with this phone.

my question is are there any good programs i could download to my phone to convert the 3gpp file to normal avi or mpeg files? or is this something i have to do through my computer. thanks!

MeMyself&Me
7/10/2011, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question as I've never had that issue. I'm not familiar with your phone but I'm a big fan of HTC phones in large part due to the xdadevelopers site. There are are a lot of 'hacks' you can do to these phones fairly easily if you get to know how to do those things and as best I can tell HTC seems to encourage and help these hacks as sometimes people will post things straight from HTC and sometimes the hacks show up as downloadable stuff straight from HTC. I would look at xdadevelopers for help on it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

A Sooner in Texas
7/11/2011, 12:24 AM
I googled "best video converter for android" and it looks like you could head over to some of the android forums for suggestions. Androidcentral.com and androidforums.com are both good.

I have an Android but it's the Nexus S 4G so don't want to steer you wrong. Good luck.