PDA

View Full Version : Entourage Lovers

CowboyMRW
7/9/2011, 04:51 PM
The new season starts July 24th and season 7 becomes available on iTunes the 12th.

Who all is excited about the final season

TheLadiesMike
7/9/2011, 04:58 PM
Excited for more Entourage or excited for it to end? I think I am a little of both.

CowboyMRW
7/9/2011, 05:01 PM
Sorry I should've clarified more. I'm excited for more Entourage, even though Season 7 wasn't my favorite season ever

Boomer.....
7/9/2011, 05:46 PM
I'm pumped.

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure what happened after Hef kicked out Pauly Shore

GKeeper316
7/9/2011, 08:29 PM
last season i think speno summed it up best when he said all the characters had become charcatures of themselves

sooneron
7/9/2011, 09:10 PM
HBO should have cancelled it long ago and kept Deadwood. Entourage = averageness.

ouleaf
7/9/2011, 09:33 PM
While the show has had a lot of great moments, it's time is up. Just hope the writers/producers did a good job with the final episodes and wrap things up nicely. Will miss Ari and Drama, as they were always great on the show. Will miss Sloan most of all though.

GKeeper316
7/9/2011, 09:44 PM
HBO should have cancelled it long ago and kept Deadwood. Entourage = averageness.

first 3-4 seasons rocked

deadwood was ok i guess. not enough action or cliffhanger moments for me. drama without suspense. chekov. boring.

CowboyMRW
7/9/2011, 10:12 PM
While the show has had a lot of great moments, it's time is up. Just hope the writers/producers did a good job with the final episodes and wrap things up nicely. Will miss Ari and Drama, as they were always great on the show. Will miss Sloan most of all though.

http://sunskier.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/entouragesloan.jpg

mgsooner
7/10/2011, 11:14 AM
It seems like they've just gotten really lazy and have started relying on an avalanche of cameos. That = bad acting. Really bad.

ouleaf
7/11/2011, 12:54 PM

perfection

BU BEAR
7/11/2011, 01:23 PM
Is that Emmanuelle Chiriqui?

Boomer.....
7/11/2011, 01:44 PM
That it be.

nighttrain12
7/13/2011, 08:17 PM
perfection

Almost, too much space between them.

sooner59
7/13/2011, 11:01 PM

She was boner material as usual at the ESPY's. And Blake called her Sloan. :D

CowboyMRW
7/13/2011, 11:33 PM
Season 7 is now available on Itunes for those interested. Although I don't like Sasha very much and I really don't like Vince on drugs or getting his *** beat by Eminem.

And yes, Sloan is gorgeous. :hot:

WichitaSooner
7/13/2011, 11:55 PM
I just watched all of season 7 last night and tonight... and I gotta say, I'm really surprised by the criticisms of the season. I thought it was really good. Maybe it helped that I watched them all at once so it was like watching 2 movies as opposed to stringing out 10 30-minute shows...

But, I think a lot of people watch Entourage for the "comedy" of it... And since there wasn't as much comedy they deadpan season 7. Honestly, to me the characters seemed MUCH more REAL with all their problems and strife... that's more like it. Life isn't all about parties, strippers, pools and sex....

I might be in the minority... But, if you are watching Entourage for the funnies, it's the same as buying a Porsche 911 for the stereo. This show is SO much more than the humor.

CowboyMRW
7/14/2011, 12:02 AM
I just watched all of season 7 last night and tonight... and I gotta say, I'm really surprised by the criticisms of the season. I thought it was really good. Maybe it helped that I watched them all at once so it was like watching 2 movies as opposed to stringing out 10 30-minute shows...

But, I think a lot of people watch Entourage for the "comedy" of it... And since there wasn't as much comedy they deadpan season 7. Honestly, to me the characters seemed MUCH more REAL with all their problems and strife... that's more like it. Life isn't all about parties, strippers, pools and sex....

I might be in the minority... But, if you are watching Entourage for the funnies, it's the same as buying a Porsche 911 for the stereo. This show is SO much more than the humor.

No doubt. This show is built all around male friendships and bonding and how friends can overcome any obstacle. Season 7 was okay for me, I just personally didn't like the direction that Vince was taking in this. It was a complete 180 from earlier in his career.

WichitaSooner
7/14/2011, 12:10 AM
No doubt. This show is built all around male friendships and bonding and how friends can overcome any obstacle. Season 7 was okay for me, I just personally didn't like the direction that Vince was taking in this. It was a complete 180 from earlier in his career.

Yes, but to me this is a completely reasonable tack for someone like Vince... It probably happens to all of them at some point and honestly should probably have been covered in season 4 or 5. The key is how these celebrities climb out of those funks. Some do and we never even hear about it... other don't climb out of it so well... Which way will Vince go? That's why it's intriguing for me.

sooner59
7/14/2011, 02:29 AM

You trying to say Porsche doesn't produce a quality stereo in their products? Ari disapproves.

http://rabbiari.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/entourage_ari.jpg

soonerbrat
7/14/2011, 06:34 AM
The new season starts July 24th and season 7 becomes available on iTunes the 12th.

Who all is excited about the final season

you can watch all the seasons for free on hbogo

delhalew
7/14/2011, 07:59 AM

Deadwood wad the best show since Carnivale, also cancelled.

ouleaf
7/14/2011, 09:04 AM
She was boner material as usual at the ESPY's.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2011/07/23897900/emmanuelle_chriqui_brooklyn_decker_fmbrown_cpolk_1 18987814_118988149_galful_pix.jpg

Waaayyyy hotter than Brooklyn Decker

ouleaf
8/1/2011, 12:38 PM
Final season has been pretty underwhelming so far. Johnny Drama has been this season's only saving grace from total disappointment. That and Ari's signature insult-laden monologues...And Sloan, who can do no wrong.

CowboyMRW
8/1/2011, 03:15 PM
I missed last night's episode. I'm going to have to catch it sometime. I read that E and Sloan are officially done after last night tho?

CowboyMRW
9/13/2011, 01:20 PM
It's done (unless they make a movie to wrap it all up which is rumors I've heard). I haven't seen an episode after week 4, and I heard they sucked. Any confirmation on this?

Boomer.....
9/13/2011, 01:58 PM
It definitely wasn't it's normal self. The episodes seemed to drag on and had little excitement. That being said, I'm sad to see it end.

mgsooner
9/13/2011, 04:06 PM
My god that finale was AWFUL. That may be the single worst finale I have ever seen.

Boomer.....
9/13/2011, 04:17 PM
...and they all lived happily ever after.

soonerinabilene
9/13/2011, 06:28 PM
Not as bad as seinfelds finale, but it wasnt great. About on par with the blackout at the end of the sopranos. Honestly, the only great series finales ive seen the last few years is NYPD Blue and ER.

mgsooner
9/13/2011, 09:55 PM
About on par with the blackout at the end of the sopranos.

That's kind of like saying Golden Corral is about on par with Craftsteak.

OutlandTrophy
9/14/2011, 04:12 AM
pshaw...

does Craftsteak even have a buffet?

Mobman
9/14/2011, 07:53 AM
I thought season 8 was pretty weak and really hoped the Finale would make up for it but it didnt. It left a lot of loose ends. If this was a setup for a movie it was a good finale but if that is it then it really sucked.

Okie35
9/14/2011, 08:30 AM
I thought season 8 was pretty weak and really hoped the Finale would make up for it but it didnt. It left a lot of loose ends. If this was a setup for a movie it was a good finale but if that is it then it really sucked.

There will be a movie its been confirmed. It just needs a big studio on board. The actors are down, the writers are down, and they have funding. The film just needs a major distributor, I doubt they would want this to go indie.

GDC
9/14/2011, 10:42 AM
"Twilight of the Bros"

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/jersey-shore-and-entourage-twilight-of-the-bros-20110908

sooneron
9/14/2011, 11:24 AM
Craftsteak - meh

ouleaf
9/14/2011, 02:49 PM
***Don't read if you don't like spoilers***

Kind of reminds me when Wayne and Garth do the "Mega-Happy Ending" at the end of their movie.

Wish they would have stayed with the Ari/Dana Gordon storyline and that Ari really did get divorced. Would have made Ari's job offer twist at the end a real doozy.

Will definitely go see the movie if/when it gets made, but this series really lost a lot of it's appeal unfortunately.

Mobman
9/14/2011, 04:08 PM
***Don't read if you don't like spoilers***

Kind of reminds me when Wayne and Garth do the "Mega-Happy Ending" at the end of their movie.

Wish they would have stayed with the Ari/Dana Gordon storyline and that Ari really did get divorced. Would have made Ari's job offer twist at the end a real doozy.

Will definitely go see the movie if/when it gets made, but this series really lost a lot of it's appeal unfortunately.

If they make the movie the way they ended the series left the biggest twist. Ari, still married to his wife becoming the CEO of the company that his ex is the head of the Studio. His wife wont like that and will make for a crazy story line.

ouleaf
9/14/2011, 04:23 PM
If they make the movie the way they ended the series left the biggest twist. Ari, still married to his wife becoming the CEO of the company that his ex is the head of the Studio. His wife wont like that and will make for a crazy story line.

Good point.

Also nice to finally find out what Mrs. Ari's actual name was once and for all.