PDA

View Full Version : TSA Agent Caught With Passenger's iPad in His Pants

AlboSooner
7/9/2011, 04:23 PM
While most Transportation Security Administration employees are busy groping people or taking naked pictures of them, the cops say one of those employees was putting fliers' electronics down his pants.

The Broward Sheriff's Office says 30-year-old Nelson Santiago stole around $50,000 worth of electronics over the past six months from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport's Terminal 1.

Santiago -- a TSA officer since 2009 -- was caught earlier this week by a Continental Airlines employee taking an iPad out of someone's luggage and stuffing it into his pants, the cops say.

After being arrested Monday on two counts of grand theft, police say Santiago admitted to stealing computers, GPS devices, video cameras, and other electronic merchandise from luggage he was supposed to be screening.

The cops say Santiago would immediately take pictures of his new goods and upload the photos online to sell the stuff.

Santiago would typically sell the stolen goods to people before his shift was even over, police say.

BSO detectives estimate that Santiago's haul totaled $50,000 over the past six months.

The cops are looking for people whose stuff has been stolen, although they say the chances of getting the stuff back are slim.

Santiago was released from jail on bond, although police say more charges against him are pending. According to police, Santiago no longer works with the TSA.
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/07/tsa_agent_nelson_santiago_ipad_grand_theft.php

TheLadiesMike
7/9/2011, 04:30 PM
A poster on here has no problem with anything done by TSA as long as we have not had any terrorist hijackings, which by his standard is the only way to measure the job they are doing. Steal away!!

SoCaliSooner
7/9/2011, 04:45 PM
TSA destroyed my Cuban cigars. Those chicks with size 22 butts squeezed into size into size 18 pants and their third rate law enforcement tactics are a complete joke.

texaspokieokie
7/9/2011, 04:48 PM
they only get minimum wage, so they have to somehow supplement it.
;)

soonercoop1
7/10/2011, 10:46 AM
Wait til they unionize and it will be legal to grope and steal...

Tin Cup
7/10/2011, 03:13 PM
TSA destroyed my Cuban cigars. Those chicks with size 22 butts squeezed into size into size 18 pants and their third rate law enforcement tactics are a complete joke.

Wait...........What! You had Cubans?

SoCaliSooner
7/10/2011, 03:36 PM
Wait...........What! You had Cubans?

I only had maybe 5. I declared them, like I had dozens of times in the past, and some limply faced TSA chick in her 20's tried making a huge case out of it. She searched our stuff, delayed us about an hour and a half all while her superiors were even bothered by her and apologized.

Now I get them from other sources but find most Cuban cigars to be crap.

GKeeper316
7/10/2011, 03:49 PM
Now I get them from other sources but find most Cuban cigars to be crap.

cuz any cuban that could make a decent cigar has left for the DR long ago.

cccasooner2
7/10/2011, 04:06 PM
they only get minimum wage, so they have to somehow supplement it.
;)

Exactly, they are very underpaid for the great job they do. As a poster below points out they are very good at groping dangerous children. I think the story was put in place to point this out and suggest action be taken to correct this injustice.

stevo
7/10/2011, 04:42 PM
i was selected for a "pat down" last time i was flying out of DFW. of course, i'm a very imposing and dangerous looking individual, so i'm sure it was justified.

i understand that we have the need for increased security, but i promise, i'm not carrying bombs in my bra, just very tiny boobies. the pat downs are bullsh**

Mjcpr
7/10/2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe he was just happy to see him.

soonerchk
7/10/2011, 04:59 PM
Am I the only one who keeps reading this as "TSA agent caught with passenger's hand in his pants"?

stevo
7/10/2011, 05:14 PM
Am I the only one who keeps reading this as "TSA agent caught with passenger's hand in his pants"?

nope...i keep reading it as that as well

Mjcpr
7/10/2011, 06:02 PM
You are the only two.

stevo
7/10/2011, 06:05 PM
i blame it on dyner.

MamaMia
7/10/2011, 06:18 PM
This is nothing new. These 'agents' have been stealing things from passengers luggage for many years.

soonerchk
7/10/2011, 08:35 PM
i blame it on dyner.

It usually is his fault.