PDA

View Full Version : Victor Charles has breached the wire...

Okla-homey
7/9/2011, 12:32 PM
:eek:

olevetonahill
7/9/2011, 12:54 PM
Take NO
http://www.glogster.com/media/4/14/31/73/14317331.jpg

stoopified
7/10/2011, 09:18 AM
Enemy tangos?

Breadburner
7/10/2011, 10:06 AM
Not much of a target were they.....

stoopified
7/10/2011, 02:10 PM
Time to call in Puff the Magic Dragon

En_Fuego
7/10/2011, 03:52 PM
"Willy Peter will make you a believer" (White Phosphorus)

GKeeper316
7/10/2011, 04:07 PM
i love the smell of napalm in the morning... smells like

VICTORY

picasso
7/10/2011, 04:15 PM
We have zips in the wire...

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 05:30 PM
0y4SNucf12U

En_Fuego
7/10/2011, 05:45 PM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae335/jason_voorhees_808/MACV-SOG.png

picasso
7/10/2011, 06:02 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jksu5DxMK60/TBVzWNy_nDI/AAAAAAAABxc/9z3wfBPa5Ac/s400/Col.+David+Hackworth+brief.+Julian+Ewell.jpg
Stud on the left.

Chuck Bao
7/10/2011, 06:58 PM
I understand why some of our war veterans feel quite resentful of the Vietnamese. That must have been like delving into some lower level of hell for our country boys, and totally unlike Korea or WWII.

I do honor and respect their sacrifices and service to our country.

My mom's kid brother just could never bring himself to talk about it because everything he saw was bad from the drug use, prostitution, corruption, killing. It really was his hell on earth.

I understand the general idea of the domino effect in Southeast Asia during the Cold War and all of that. Who knows what would have happened if a line wasn't drawn in the sand? I certainly don't and I am not going to second guess history.

But, I am posting because what some of you don't know is that the Vietnamese have a very, very long history of getting the **** kicked out of them by just about everyone. That has to toughen people up and well, making them just mean.

You can start with the Chinese, going back several millenniums. The Chinese could invade anytime and anywhere along the coast of Vietnam and in lieu of that demanded annual tributes. In the 10-13th centuries, the Khmers in Cambodia were kicking butt in the south and the Thais after that. Then, the French show up, later followed by the Japanese and more French and then Americans and Russians.

They probably would have a chip on their shoulder, but they are probably hard pressed to figure out who they hate more after almost everyone in the world has invaded one time or another.

Right now, I don't think they like the Russians for selling them a lot of crappy military stuff.

I do know that they have the most excellent tasting and healthy food probably in the world. Okay, the Vietnamese food in Vietnam is just crap, but the Vietnamese restaurants in Bangkok offer food that is like rising to an upper level of heaven. They know their leaves, grass, plants and stuff and with grilled pork or chicken with chilies in sweet/sour sauce wrapped up in a thin rice sheet is the best thing going.