PDA

View Full Version : Aric Thomas

mavsfan31
7/9/2011, 12:12 PM
What do you guys think of the hire?

I guess Thomas will be in charge of hitting and Tadlock will be in charge of pitching.

hvhurricane
7/9/2011, 01:32 PM
Aric is a great guy, but this is not a big time hire. We took a step backwards with our coaching staff, IMO.

TumbleweedDoom
7/9/2011, 01:52 PM
Arc's done a very good job at Eastern juco. I'm also confused by you blaming the weak end of the Cochell years on him. Again, I like you HV, but you're letting your disdain of SG cause you to contradict nearly everything you say.

northspeter
7/9/2011, 03:13 PM
looks like a pretty good hire to me... if only for recruiting...

SOONER STEAKER
7/9/2011, 11:13 PM
Aric will be able to recruit California, which is where he is from!! He also has some strong inrodes with many JC coaches.

TWO THUMBS UP!!

TumbleweedDoom
7/10/2011, 03:52 AM
The California angle is an excellent point, Streaker, and one I had discussed with some friends earlier. It'd be good to re-open that recruiting pipeline, which had slowed down after Cochell and Aric had left.

bcolston15
7/10/2011, 10:06 AM
Tadlock and Thomas will combine to match any recruiting tandom in the country.

Strangely enough, since he's been in this part of the country so long, I think his best connections would be in the Oklahoma-North Texas-Central Kansas area.

mavsfan31
7/10/2011, 08:07 PM
I'm optimistic about it, myself. Hope he's hitting the trails now...

hvhurricane
7/11/2011, 06:12 PM
Arc's done a very good job at Eastern juco. I'm also confused by you blaming the weak end of the Cochell years on him. Again, I like you HV, but you're letting your disdain of SG cause you to contradict nearly everything you say.

I am not sure how I am contradicting myself? I don't care for the hire because it didn't work the first time they were together. If SG truly wants to hire the best people, and let them do their jobs, then he is not going to hire AT. AT pretty much ran the team in the latter part of the LC years before SG came back. He didnt do a very good job. It is what it is.