PDA

View Full Version : Horns Sue For Farrah Fawcett Painting

soonerstan56
7/9/2011, 01:21 AM
You'd think a University that practically prints money would have better things to do with it.

Stan

http://www.startribune.com/nation/125254174.html

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 01:43 AM
I don't know....she went there and her will was specific and that painting is going to be priceless since it was Warhol. I could see Ryan's claim but I can also see the University's too. She wasn't just someone's Wife/Ex-Wife....she was an Icon and every kid in America knows who she was from the poster. Since Andy did one for Ryan he should enjoy the one and give them the other. Checkout this video.....

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/missing-farrah-fawcett-portrait-found-ryan-oneals-bedroom/story?id=13911000

Since he wasn't married to her when she passed. They have him listed as "Partner". I guess it depends on if he can get clarity that her will doesn't mean anything if he was her Spouse/Partner.

MamaMia
7/9/2011, 01:52 AM
So, O'Neal has two?

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 01:58 AM
How was the will specific? Does it say that the piece was left to them?

It says "All her Artwork"

Fawcett, who lost her battle with anal cancer two years ago this week, notoriously left nothing to her on-again, off-again lover O'Neal in her will.

She bequeathed her extensive and treasured art collection to her alma mater, including two matching Warhol portraits.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/ryan-oneal-sued-over-missing-andy-warhol-portrait-farrah-fawcett

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 02:05 AM
This rag has a link to her Last Will and Testament.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/11/exclusive-document-read-farrah-fawcetts-will

Farrah Fawcett left $4.5 million to her son Redmond, $100,000 to an ex-lover and nothing to long-time love Ryan O'Neal and the other cast of characters who fought over her cancer documentary during the star's final days.

EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENT: Read Farrah's Will

RadarOnline.com has exclusively obtained a copy of Farrah's will and it reveals that she did not get her final wish - to die at home.

The will was updated for the final time on August 9th, 2007. Farrah died from anal cancer on June 25, 2009 at age 62.

In the will Farrah made clear that she wanted to die at home.

In paragraph 5.2 a the will states: ""Settlor (Farrah) declares that she wishes to remain at home for as long as possible during any period of illness or incapacity and to die at home."

The former Charlie's Angel star passed away at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica, California.

In addition to leaving the bulk of her fortune to son Redmond, the official documents reveal Farrah left $500,000 to her nephew Greg Walls, $500,000 to her father James and $100,000 to ex-lover Greg Lott.

Ryan O'Neal, Craig Nevius and Alana Hamilton Stewart all were not named in the will. Alana filmed much of Farrah's final documentary and wants to release a part two. Ryan claimed he asked Farrah to marry him in her final days and made several tearful TV appearances.

Nevius claimed that O'Neal and Hamilton pushed him out of Farrah's cancer documentary in her final days.

Lott spent the past few months claiming to various media outlets that he was Farrah's secret boyfriend. He told a British newspaper he last spoke to her April 9 and says that Ryan banned him from seeing her.

soonerstan56
7/9/2011, 03:04 AM
"All her Artwork"

Could it be argued that this was Warhol's artwork and whoever comissioned it or it was gifted to was the true owner ?

Stan

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 03:18 AM
"All her Artwork"

Could it be argued that this was Warhol's artwork and whoever comissioned it or it was gifted to was the true owner ?

Stan

Read the will. Then I wonder if it's a California or a Texas Judge....What State does it get resolved in....I image I'm missing a good number of other things to consider.

MamaMia
7/9/2011, 05:33 AM
I see. So the will does specifically mention the pieces separately? Its all very confusing. Wasn't Farrah an artist herself? :confused:

They should have let her die at home. :(

GKeeper316
7/9/2011, 10:20 AM
i hope * gets it. i would actually drive to austin just to look at them... i mean its 2 andy warhol portraits of farrah in her prime. there isn't a single person alive that would argue against the awesomeness of them.

and there's probably a very good reason she didn't want ryan o'neal to get anything, so **** him. i've always found him creepily douch-ey, anyway.

Flagstaffsooner
7/9/2011, 10:26 AM
I will haunt you people!
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/farrah-fawcett-cancer.jpg

GKeeper316
7/9/2011, 10:31 AM
I will haunt you people!
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/farrah-fawcett-cancer.jpg

screw you, hippy.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/GKeeper316/farrah_fawcett_biography_new.jpg

Jacie
7/9/2011, 01:16 PM
I saw the picture in question and my first thought was, "Where is the football?"

I thought she must be holding one in the picture else why would this thread be in a forum about football?

Was she a highschool cheerleader at football games? Nothing in this story alludes to it if she was.

Did Ryan O'Neal or Andy Warhol play football at any level? Same argument as above.

???

soonerstan56
7/9/2011, 05:32 PM
I saw the picture in question and my first thought was, "Where is the football?"

I thought she must be holding one in the picture else why would this thread be in a forum about football?

Was she a highschool cheerleader at football games? Nothing in this story alludes to it if she was.

Did Ryan O'Neal or Andy Warhol play football at any level? Same argument as above.

???

It's Horn Hatin',and I personally do it on all levels.Had I posted it in the South Oval no one whould see it.

Stan

Jacie
7/9/2011, 05:34 PM
It's Horn Hatin',and I personally do it on all levels.Had I posted it in the South Oval no one whould see it.

Stan

Guess you never been to the SO . . .

MamaMia
7/9/2011, 05:51 PM
After giving this a bit of thought I really don't understand why it had to get all legal and ugly. Why not do the classy thing and allow Ryan to have the piece he loves and be happy with the remainder of the art work that Farrah bequeathed to you as a university?

You have to admit that suing someone who was loved dearly by the woman who left you some artwork is pretty tacky, even if the wordage in the will is clear that that piece was technically suppose to be theirs, but what else would you expect from the horns?

Soonerfan88
7/9/2011, 07:03 PM
So is her will available to the public to see if it actually gives them the paintings? I admit I know next to nothing about the legalities of recovering your property, but I don't see why this requires a lawsuit. Shouldn't a copy of the will and a visit from law enforcement be enough to get O'Neal to turn over the goods?

soonerboomer93
7/9/2011, 07:43 PM
After giving this a bit of thought I really don't understand why it had to get all legal and ugly. Why not do the classy thing and allow Ryan to have the piece he loves and be happy with the remainder of the art work that Farrah bequeathed to you as a university?

You have to admit that suing someone who was loved dearly by the woman who left you some artwork is pretty tacky, even if the wordage in the will is clear that that piece was technically suppose to be theirs, but what else would you expect from the horns?

At the same time, if she did want them to go to him, don't you think she would have mentioned it. She did leave him out of the will so maybe she stopped loving him so dearly

MamaMia
7/9/2011, 07:46 PM
So is her will available to the public to see if it actually gives them the paintings? I admit I know next to nothing about the legalities of recovering your property, but I don't see why this requires a lawsuit. Shouldn't a copy of the will and a visit from law enforcement be enough to get O'Neal to turn over the goods?Not if there are complications. Maybe Ryan has witnesses saying that Farrah said the art piece was to go to him.

King Barry's Back
7/9/2011, 11:04 PM
Why not do the classy thing and allow Ryan to have the piece he loves and be happy with the remainder of the art work that Farrah bequeathed to you as a university?

Quick and easy answer: One press report estimated the Warhol at $30 million.

Second quick and easy answer: Ryan O'Neal is still (allegedly) holding onto the rest of her art collection as well.

King Barry's Back
7/9/2011, 11:09 PM
Shouldn't a copy of the will and a visit from law enforcement be enough to get O'Neal to turn over the goods?

Yes, it SHOULD be enough. BUT, thus far, it HAS NOT been.

That's why UT has filed the lawsuit.

Honestly, I don't want to defend the University of Texas, but if somebody has something of yours, and not only refuses to give it to you but denies possession of the item [and the item is worth $30 million!!!], then you sue them.

I don't see any other course of action here.

Does this lawsuit need to go to court? My guess is, probably not. Probably, now that legal papers are filed, Mr O'Neal is going to give up and give the portrait to UT.

But he may not, and either way, filing the suit is UT's only recourse.

By the way, if I had any art, I'd definitely think about leaving it to OU.

Breadburner
7/9/2011, 11:49 PM
O'Neal is a ****ing scum-bag.....

SoonerofAlabama
7/10/2011, 12:54 AM
$30 Million dollars? Chump change. :D

MamaMia
7/10/2011, 12:55 AM

Second quick and easy answer: Ryan O'Neal is still (allegedly) holding onto the rest of her art collection as well.We obviously don't know all the details. Something had to of happened that would make Ryan think he has a case. We will have to wait and see how it all plays out.

At the same time, if she did want them to go to him, don't you think she would have mentioned it. She did leave him out of the will so maybe she stopped loving him so dearly

Ryan O'Neal doesn't need money and according to her final memoirs, and in 'My Journey With Farrah', which was a tribute that her best friend Alana Stewart penned, Farrah and Ryan never stopped loving each other.

47straight
7/10/2011, 04:18 PM
O'Neal is a ****ing scum-bag.....

Which puts him several thousand leagues ahead of the University of Texas.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 04:34 PM
^lol

I've been to Austin once and it was for business. Now that I think about it....there's no reason for they to have a Warhol as I'll never go there to see anything that would be on that Campus. Probably best for someone who loved her to have it...

King Barry's Back
7/10/2011, 09:46 PM
We obviously don't know all the details. Something had to of happened that would make Ryan think he has a case. We will have to wait and see how it all plays out.

I don't know any details, but I think if Mr O'Neal thought he had a case, he would have filed it. Instead, he tried to hide the fact that he possessed the painting.

O'Neal is not a young man, and he hasn't exactly led a healthy life-style, either , if you no what I mean.

UT might be very happy to allow him possession of the painting during his golden years, as long as he insured it and took steps to preserve it properly. The fact he never asked for this speaks volumes.

Herr Scholz
7/11/2011, 02:04 PM
All I know about Farrah's time at UT is that she was a tri delt until she got kicked out of that sorority for sleeping around too much (that must've been a lot of sleeping around btw). So at least she had fun while at UT. Her painting belongs here. ;)

zeke
7/11/2011, 03:50 PM
who cares

MamaMia
7/11/2011, 04:52 PM
I don't know any details, but I think if Mr O'Neal thought he had a case, he would have filed it. Instead, he tried to hide the fact that he possessed the painting.

O'Neal is not a young man, and he hasn't exactly led a healthy life-style, either , if you no what I mean.

UT might be very happy to allow him possession of the painting during his golden years, as long as he insured it and took steps to preserve it properly. The fact he never asked for this speaks volumes. What evidence do you have that he tried to hide it; the fact that he hasn't put on an art show in his bedroom where he hung it? Thats insane. How about he didnt file a case because it would be stupid to file a lawsuit to get a piece that is already in your possession. Maybe she gave it to him before she died?

cccasooner2
7/11/2011, 05:10 PM

Unless Warhol captured the niipples, I can't see $30 million.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/GKeeper316/farrah_fawcett_biography_new.jpg

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 05:33 PM
I think it's pretty sad UT doesn't trust Ryan O'Neal. I think UT should pay to have it insured just as they should if it was in their possession and just let him know they will make good on their claim upon his death.

Have a freakin heart folks. Sometimes folks that love each other don't really think to clearly once they have lost the person they loved and must spend every day of the rest of their life in mourning.

So he's a prick? I think if he hated her he would have given it all away. To me, it's pretty clear the Art is in good hands and if UT doesn't feel that way they should just insure it and pay the bill. If they don't wish to....then take him to court. In the mean time if he burns it all and goes on a mental bender....what good comes from any of it?

Hell of a World we live in.