PDA

View Full Version : Sh*t hitting the fan

cccasooner2
7/8/2011, 07:53 PM
Warning, not for the paranoid!

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/08/7043349-us-official-says-pre-infected-computer-tech-entering-country

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:00 PM
Cummings....lol

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:02 PM
Cyber Patriot Program

Ladies....cyber = patriotism!

You can now cyber and know that your cybering is helping to track insertions. :D

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 08:06 PM
Ship those jobs to china why don't you

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:06 PM
The Government is gonna cut off the Private sector as they can't be trusted?

Sounds like the Private Sector wants to be involved but how much will that cost us? :eek:

Blue
7/8/2011, 08:07 PM
This sounds dangerous. We should let Big Brother protect us at all costs.

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:08 PM
SWEET ! ! !

CYBER WARFARE will lead to Nuking the **** out of someone!

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:10 PM
So if you are a Anti-virus or Computer Protection Company that has been selling software that does a really ****ty job....can we send them to Federal Prison as Traitors to the US?

That would be sweet.

SoCaliSooner
7/8/2011, 08:17 PM
Warning, not for the paranoid.

Me thinks the most paranoid will take this thread over.

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:17 PM
Successful Attempts to hack us all are occurring and they seem to be ready to finally do something about it instead of leave people unprotected even though they aren't currently inspired to do it.

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:18 PM
41,000 per day? That seems a bit low IMO.

Blue
7/8/2011, 08:18 PM
Successful Attempts to hack us all are occurring and they seem to be ready to finally do something about it instead of leave people unprotected even though they aren't currently inspired to do it.

Wha?

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:23 PM
BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK?

"We have to do it all. Gov't, Companies, Private Sector and Individuals are all going to need to be involved.....so our costs today vs the costs to fix it and what the Gov't, Companies, Private Sector and Individuals all spend....how much more for instance would it cost and individual who currently spends $500 on a Computer vs. our fix?''

cccasooner2
7/8/2011, 08:28 PM
The Krugerands are flowing.

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:37 PM
Wha?

Yeah...I know....they started just tossing BS out once all of this was asked and then they all started talking even faster as their time allotted to speak was all limited.

Amazing that something so damn important to us has time constraints. They really need to take the time it takes to really find a starting place and go from there but as always they jump from that to how much in 10 minutes. As soon as they are done they have a clear vision that it will be a lot so instead of doing anything they will probably wait until the Private Sector is screwed and we go straight to War so we can spend whatever we want. War seems to always have no reason to have time constraints or 1000's of meetings.....we cut right through it all by declaring War.

Why don't they just do that now? Bring Home our Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, holster their weapons and give them a cubicle and new training to start tracking down the seersucker's that do this stuff?

The very end starts to discuss budgetary authority, operational compliance...

The answer seems initially to begin building security into the equipment instead of bolting it on like we do now.....so I wonder it it would just make everything we have now completely useless and out of date?

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:41 PM
The Krugerands are flowing.

Making heads spin for sure.

When watching all of these types of exchanges do you all get the feeling that you don't trust any of these folks? The idea of the Government suddenly pointing out weak security companies and probably destroying them vs. help them would seem to really lead to some graft, lobbying and very friendly deals

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 08:44 PM
I've heard enough when they mention that it coming from a guy down by the river in a foreign country.......lol

http://moldychum.typepad.com/moldy_chum/images/2008/12/19/in_a_van_down_by_the_river.jpeg

cccasooner2
7/8/2011, 08:50 PM
I've heard enough when they mention that it coming from a guy down by the river in a foreign country.......lol

http://moldychum.typepad.com/moldy_chum/images/2008/12/19/in_a_van_down_by_the_river.jpeg

I gave up after I lost 20 minutes of my life. Can't these fukkers ever do anything but pat themselves on the back for something they haven't done?

Whet
7/8/2011, 09:35 PM
We are not allowed to purchase computer stuff made in China.

yermom
7/8/2011, 10:39 PM
the ugliest thing i remember hearing about was networking equipment that was pre-compromised

it seems to me we trust China way too much with this stuff