PDA

View Full Version : We Owe It To Them!!!!

okie52
7/8/2011, 05:13 PM
Department of Education sternly reminds districts that illegal immigrant children are entitled to a free public education

ByKatherine Leal Unmuth / Reporter

11:56 AM on Tue., May. 10, 2011 | Permalink

The Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Education just released a letter to school districts raising concerns that some districts are discouraging illegal immigrant children from enrolling.

"Recently, we have become aware of student enrollment practices that may chill or discourage the participation, or lead to the exclusion, of students based on their or their parents' or guardians' actual or perceived citizenship or immigration status," the letter noted.

The statement serves to remind districts that the 1982 Supreme Court decision Plyer v. Doe, which originated in Texas, grants illegal immigrant children a free public education. I wrote a story about that decision a few years back, which you can find after the jump.

Communities with large immigrant populations, such as Irving, must be particularly careful to comply with the law. The letter notes that a district may not ask for information with the purpose of denying access. Proof of residency within the district boundaries may be requested, but "inquiring into students' citizenship or immigration status, or that of their parents or guardians would not be relevant to establishing residency within the district."

A district may require a birth certificate, but cannot deny enrollment based on a foreign birth certificate. Districts also can't deny enrollment if a family does not provide a social security number.

State Rep.Debbie Riddle, R-Tomball, has proposed legislation that would require districts to inquire about and track students' immigration status (HB 22). Representatives from the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund believe that would discourage enrollment. We at the DMN in December reported on how Texas doesn't know how many illegal immigrant children are enrolled in the schools but does assign alternative IDs to students lacking social security numbers.

What a wonderful country.

badger
7/8/2011, 05:19 PM
Wait... are they entitled?

If they're citizens, of course. Even if their parents are illegal, that doesn't mean the children are. But if the children not legal citizens of this country, are they entitled?

okie52
7/8/2011, 05:19 PM
47 Oppose Bill to Keep Illegal Aliens Out of School

By ERIC SCHMITT
Published: June 11, 1996

In a warning to House and Senate Republican leaders, 42 Democrats and 5 moderate Republicans in the Senate threatened today to block pending immigration legislation if it included a House provision allowing states to bar children who are illegal immigrants from public schools.

The education ban is a hotly contested issue in the Presidential race between Senator Bob Dole, who supports it, and President Clinton, who is expected to veto any immigration bill containing such a provision. The ban is especially popular in California, which spends $1.8 billion a year to educate more than 350,000 illegal immigrant students and is crucial to the prospects of both candidates.

By overwhelming margins, both the House and Senate have approved bills that seek to reduce illegal immigration and restrict legal immigrants' access to public assistance. House and Senate negotiators are preparing to reconcile the differences in the two bills.

But in their letter, which was released today, the 47 Senators said the education ban would not reduce illegal immigration and would force hundreds of thousands of children out onto the streets, where they would threaten public health and safety.

If only....

okie52
7/8/2011, 05:20 PM

If they're citizens, of course. Even if their parents are illegal, that doesn't mean the children are. But if the children not legal citizens of this country, are they entitled?

Yep, no matter what the kids status we will pay for them.

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 05:22 PM

What if the kids come over when they are 2? Are they entitled to a free education?

I know after they rape and murder a 16 year old girl that they are entitled to an execution...

soonerchk
7/8/2011, 05:51 PM
So you want them to be illiterate and continue the cycle?

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 05:53 PM

Nope... Just for them to go home.

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 05:53 PM

What cycle?

soonerchk
7/8/2011, 05:54 PM
Nope... Just for them to go home.

Well if they're here, they might as well learn something

What cycle?

The sucking on the government teat cycle, what else?

SoCaliSooner
7/8/2011, 05:55 PM

Most drop out of school anyway...and simply drag down the rest of the standardized scores, eat up teacher time dealing with kids who don't speak English, and are often just there to get the free breakfast/lunch program.

They'll be the backbone of the prison, welfare systems soon enough...

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 05:56 PM
The sucking on the government teat cycle, what else?

Oh, that is no problem. We can end that cycle anytime we want. We just have to end the government teat. I am in favor of that happening for illegals, legals, and native born.

soonerchk
7/8/2011, 06:00 PM
Oh, that is no problem. We can end that cycle anytime we want. We just have to end the government teat. I am in favor of that happening for illegals, legals, and native born.

Well jeez, I hope not because then what will all the civil servants do?

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 06:04 PM

If people actually work, that is not "teat." That is called employment. However, there are some "civil servants" who do not perform any useful function and should be exposed to the real world. What do they do after they get cut? The same thing the rest of us do after that happens--find something else to do.

yermom
7/8/2011, 06:05 PM
But in their letter, which was released today, the 47 Senators said the education ban would not reduce illegal immigration and would force hundreds of thousands of children out onto the streets, where they would threaten public health and safety.

your state taxes to babysit little Mexicans

yermom
7/8/2011, 06:06 PM
seriously though, i had no idea this case existed and was always confused why little illegals got to go to school

I Am Right
7/8/2011, 06:19 PM
Son of a gun, I guess my kids need refunds!!!!!

SoonerBorn68
7/8/2011, 06:24 PM

Find work in the private sector like most of us.

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 07:19 PM
Can we please teach them in school not to block the roads. I won't like your cause more if you block the road with your silly demonstration.

Memtig14
7/8/2011, 08:30 PM
Find work in the private sector like most of us.

It would be interesting to see how much of the private sector is left? Only about 48% or so of us work and pay taxes....and that includes government workers. This crap has to end soon or we will be a 3rd world country because no one will want to work to support all those that don't want to work.

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 08:34 PM
Can we please teach them in school not to block the roads. I won't like your cause more if you block the road with your silly demonstration.

What do you think about when they wave the Mexican flags in their demonstrations?

Blue
7/8/2011, 09:32 PM
Every Kid Deserves a Sporting Chance at an Overrated Education.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mRZvR5pmgMI/SnhLGQoq6AI/AAAAAAAAAhg/NA8sMrpko54/s400/lou+holtz.jpg

GKeeper316
7/8/2011, 09:36 PM

till a kid turns 18, regardless of his skin color or his parents' citizenship, he/she isn't a legal citizen of the united states, either.

just sayin...

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 09:38 PM
Well if they're here, they might as well learn something

I know common sense says that will work, but so does, 'Hey that welfare mom has more kids so she should get more money...'

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 09:56 PM
till a kid turns 18, regardless of his skin color or his parents' citizenship, he/she isn't a legal citizen of the united states, either.

just sayin...

Wanna bet? I was a legal citizen of the United States since birth.

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 10:06 PM

just sayin...

Yes they are. Even newborns can get a passport.

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 10:09 PM
Census Taker: Are you citizen?

Christopher Walken: I have dual citizenship. I am a citizen of both the United States and Florida.

Census Taker: Florida is part of the United States.

Christopher Walken: Don't you go pushin' your politics on me, pal.

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 10:11 PM
What do you think about when they wave the Mexican flags in their demonstrations?

I think it's disrespectful and distasteful. I don't think those same people would allow foreign flags in their countries if the situation was reversed. For example, you best not wave a Guatemalan flag in Mexico, if you value your well being.

GKeeper316
7/8/2011, 11:07 PM
Yes they are. Even newborns can get a passport.

not without a parent's permission...

i wasn't clear. yes, they are citizens, but aside from due process (which is something even non-citizens are entitled to), the only rights they have are those thier parents choose to extend to them.

SCOUT
7/8/2011, 11:13 PM
Most drop out of school anyway...and simply drag down the rest of the standardized scores, eat up teacher time dealing with kids who don't speak English, and are often just there to get the free breakfast/lunch program.

They'll be the backbone of the prison, welfare systems soon enough...

I quoted this just because of the test scores and teacher time comment. Here in my neighborhood the local elementary school was the designated ESL school for the last 4 years. Each year it received a rating of "Recognized." Last year the ESL students went to another local school. The rating went to "Exemplary" within that first year. That doesn't even take into account the free lunches, extra attention taken away from other students, and other related constraints.

I don't want them to go to jail or be prohibited from living a good life. I do have an issue with them getting free benefits at the expense of my children. Before that last sentence is taken out of context...My children, whose parents pay taxes, are legal citizens and are actively involved in the PTA.

okie52
7/9/2011, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=SCOUT;3285537]I quoted this just because of the test scores and teacher time comment. Here in my neighborhood the local elementary school was the designated ESL school for the last 4 years. Each year it received a rating of "Recognized." Last year the ESL students went to another local school. The rating went to "Exemplary" within that first year. That doesn't even take into account the free lunches, extra attention taken away from other students, and other related constraints.

I don't want them to go to jail or be prohibited from living a good life. I do have an issue with them getting free benefits at the expense of my children. Before that last sentence is taken out of context...My children, whose parents pay taxes, are legal citizens and are actively involved in the PTA.[/
QUOTE]

What? You are against paying for millions of foreign nationals being educated at American taxpayers expense? You heartless, racist baztard!!!! Why do you hate immigrants?

okie52
7/9/2011, 12:47 AM
Every Kid Deserves a Sporting Chance at an Overrated Education.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mRZvR5pmgMI/SnhLGQoq6AI/AAAAAAAAAhg/NA8sMrpko54/s400/lou+holtz.jpg

Well most of them had a chance at a pathetic education in their homeland....and they couldn't even pass that standard.

SicEmBaylor
7/9/2011, 12:51 AM
I don't even believe American citizens are entitled to an education much less an illegal taco kid.

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 12:58 AM
I don't even believe American citizens are entitled to an education much less an illegal taco kid.

I think I've paid for every damn cent of my education. I had one semester my Parents helped but other than that...I did it all on my own. They would help with an expensive book when I couldn't find a used one but that was about it. No loans either and I never qualified for any assistance since I worked my way through.

Your actually less entitled it you were able to pay it back.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/9/2011, 03:16 AM
What a wonderful country.

The DMN reporter who wrote the article sure is cute.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/leal.jpg

I'll forward the letter from DOE/DOJ to Edmond Public Schools to remind them of the law of the land. The last thing I'd want to see is Edmond developing a permanent underclass.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/55109196/Dept-of-Ed-Immigration-Letter

yermom
7/9/2011, 03:22 AM
I think I've paid for every damn cent of my education. I had one semester my Parents helped but other than that...I did it all on my own. They would help with an expensive book when I couldn't find a used one but that was about it. No loans either and I never qualified for any assistance since I worked my way through.

i don't think he's talking about college

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 03:31 AM
i don't think he's talking about college

Well....I understand that but if you put them in the system he's against them having....they are going to make their way to College and assistance that many Multi-generational Americans don't get.

I heard someone say the other day that because we need so many people at top notch positions we need to have the ability to attract promising talent from all over the World so we can't just stop immigration.

There are always so many folks that think the best talent isn't in America because some of these other Countries pay to have many of these folks go to Universities all over the Globe and then since America is still the land of opportunity....we try to get them to come hear once they are ready to really make millions in our Country.

It's a shame we don't do more for Americans rather than continue to shop around.....although it's hard to argue if we need the talent now.

okie52
7/9/2011, 06:12 AM

I'll forward the letter from DOE/DOJ to Edmond Public Schools to remind them of the law of the land. The last thing I'd want to see is Edmond developing a permanent underclass.

There is a real need for them to learn English. I had some illegal mowing my yard for about month before he figured out it was the wrong lawn. He wanted me to pay him anyway for his effort and came by my house with his wife and kids. I just didn't have the heart to totally stiff him so I gave him $5. But he kept hanging around yelling a bunch of gibberish in Spanish and pointing to the hedges he had trimmed and the driveway he had edged, in fact, he seemed to be agitated. Finally he seemed so upset that I had to call security and have him removed. And this was after I had given $5!!!!!!!

Just shows a lot of these illegals don't appreciate an act of kindness.

okie52
7/9/2011, 07:23 AM

Sanjoaqin-I forgot to ask you how your illegal worker class was doing? Do you have big classes?

I was wanting to start a class like that in Edmond but it would only be worthwhile if we could pack a few hundred illegals in a room at one time.
We want to help them find their way. Some may even be relatives of yours.

REDREX
7/9/2011, 07:24 AM
You are up early today Okie

sappstuf
7/9/2011, 07:28 AM
There is a real need for them to learn English. I had some illegal mowing my yard for about month before he figured out it was the wrong lawn. He wanted me to pay him anyway for his effort and came by my house with his wife and kids. I just didn't have the heart to totally stiff him so I gave him $5. But he kept hanging around yelling a bunch of gibberish in Spanish and pointing to the hedges he had trimmed and the driveway he had edged, in fact, he seemed to be agitated. Finally he seemed so upset that I had to call security and have him removed. And this was after I had given $5!!!!!!!

Just shows a lot of these illegals don't appreciate an act of kindness.

I remember that guy... He came in my store after that and bought a $5 bottle of Mad Dog... ;)

soonerloyal
7/9/2011, 09:26 AM
If someone is a legal citizen, they have a right to be educated. If we don't like the flaws, let's rewrite the immigration policies and fix the problems. Until then, it's all moot. Every legal U.S. citizen has the same rights - or should have.

The Fourteenth amendment, which added to the constitution an explicit description of who shall be citizens, "making all persons born within the United States and subject to its jurisdiction citizens of the United States".

pphilfran
7/9/2011, 10:34 AM

Up early and wound up tight....

Turd_Ferguson
7/9/2011, 12:12 PM
Yes. If a state chooses to provide public education, then they have to provide it for all persons under their jurisdiction, explicitly including those here illegally. So says the Supreme Court in Plyler v. Doe.Evidently, Doe didn't know **** from shinola...

TheHumanAlphabet
7/10/2011, 01:41 AM

No, I want them OUT of the COUNTRY!

SicEmBaylor
7/10/2011, 01:50 AM

I really do admire this though I have to admit its the polar opposite of me.

Either way, we're both citizens.

SicEmBaylor
7/10/2011, 01:59 AM
Well....I understand that but if you put them in the system he's against them having....they are going to make their way to College and assistance that many Multi-generational Americans don't get.

I heard someone say the other day that because we need so many people at top notch positions we need to have the ability to attract promising talent from all over the World so we can't just stop immigration.

There are always so many folks that think the best talent isn't in America because some of these other Countries pay to have many of these folks go to Universities all over the Globe and then since America is still the land of opportunity....we try to get them to come hear once they are ready to really make millions in our Country.

It's a shame we don't do more for Americans rather than continue to shop around.....although it's hard to argue if we need the talent now.

There is no reason whatsoever we should import talent. This country is responsible for some of tje greatest achievments in human history. The **** poor education system is the problem. If schools have to use already limited resources on kids who speak little or no english, then it becomes that much more difficult to properly educate those little ****s tjat people call children.

okie52
7/10/2011, 08:43 AM

Yep...I left early to play golf with my son in Dallas.

I had a so so round but I did bean an illegal with a shot while he was watering a green. Dropped him on the spot. I yelled at him for a while because delayed our game.

okie52
7/10/2011, 08:48 AM
I remember that guy... He came in my store after that and bought a $5 bottle of Mad Dog... ;)

I figured he'd blow it all in one place. People like him make it hard to ever help an illegal again.

olevetonahill
7/10/2011, 08:51 AM

just sayin...

not without a parent's permission...

i wasn't clear. yes, they are citizens, but aside from due process (which is something even non-citizens are entitled to), the only rights they have are those thier parents choose to extend to them.

Holy sheat, you are Dumb and Dumber all rolled into one person :rolleyes:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QgcIP-pa2II/SUbQw9KAJcI/AAAAAAAAAX8/TygI4OQWl-E/s400/GomerPyle.jpg

okie52
7/10/2011, 08:51 AM
If someone is a legal citizen, they have a right to be educated. If we don't like the flaws, let's rewrite the immigration policies and fix the problems. Until then, it's all moot. Every legal U.S. citizen has the same rights - or should have.

The Fourteenth amendment, which added to the constitution an explicit description of who shall be citizens, "making all persons born within the United States and subject to its jurisdiction citizens of the United States".

Many of these people weren't born in the US nor are they legal citizens. Try to keep up.

okie52
7/10/2011, 09:02 AM
Up early and wound up tight....

I was a little tight yesterday but splatting that illegal was exhilarating.

Everyone should try it. Mine was a 7 iron that had a slight draw from about 165 yards. ProVI golf ball that I'm going to have mounted on a trophy to commemerate this special event.

okie52
7/10/2011, 09:23 AM
Yes. If a state chooses to provide public education, then they have to provide it for all persons under their jurisdiction, explicitly including those here illegally. So says the Supreme Court in Plyler v. Doe.

They ought to try the current supreme court and see how it flies now.

This was an amazing stretch for the SC.

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 01:22 PM
Yep...I left early to play golf with my son in Dallas.

I had a so so round but I did bean an illegal with a shot while he was watering a green. Dropped him on the spot. I yelled at him for a while because delayed our game.

You have to yell "Quatro"!

Chuck Bao
7/10/2011, 01:41 PM
I don't know.

As a landowner paying ad valorem taxes each year, I don't know if I would rather see my tax rates go up because of paying the primary and secondary education for the kids of illegal immigrants OR the local school system building some grandiose new sports facilities and hiring a bunch of new non-teacher coaches.

I do realize that my tax rates have to go up.

okie52
7/10/2011, 09:17 PM
You have to yell "Quatro"!

We could have done that but he might have moved. I actually got a decent carom off of him.

okie52
7/10/2011, 09:26 PM
I don't know.

As a landowner paying ad valorem taxes each year, I don't know if I would rather see my tax rates go up because of paying the primary and secondary education for the kids of illegal immigrants OR the local school system building some grandiose new sports facilities and hiring a bunch of new non-teacher coaches.

I do realize that my tax rates have to go up.

In OK most coaches are teachers due to the teachers union. We'd be better off if most coaches weren't teachers as it would elevate the coaching.

So you have a problem with taxpayers paying for their local high schools sports complexes? That's a tossup vs paying for illegals schooling?

Got the same problem about OU covering sports facilities?

Chuck Bao
7/10/2011, 11:15 PM
In OK most coaches are teachers due to the teachers union. We'd be better off if most coaches weren't teachers as it would elevate the coaching.

So you have a problem with taxpayers paying for their local high schools sports complexes? That's a tossup vs paying for illegals schooling?

Got the same problem about OU covering sports facilities?

I thought that the OU athletic department was budget positive, was I wrong?

Anyway, the primary purpose of any school should be to educate. Honestly, it shocks me on the sports spending of some of the big schools in North Texas. No wonder kids these days get a sense of entitlement to the best of the best.

Curly Bill
7/10/2011, 11:23 PM
I thought that the OU athletic department was budget positive, was I wrong?

Anyway, the primary purpose of any school should be to educate. Honestly, it shocks me on the sports spending of some of the big schools in North Texas. No wonder kids these days get a sense of entitlement to the best of the best.

I got your back on this, it's ridiculous. Thing is, in those communities though the peeps are willing to shell out the money in higher taxes to pay for those things. We could certainly argue there are some messed up priorities on that account, but it is what it is.

Part of the reason behind it I believe is in Texas you can't really put more money into your local school to improve it. Because of our Robin Hood method of financing schools, if one school district has too much money the state takes much of it and gives to poorer schools. You can on the other hand vote to raise taxes to build a Taj Mahal sports stadium, and many communites choose to do just that.

That sounds sort of convoluted I know, but it's late and I'm tired. :D

soonerloyal
7/11/2011, 12:21 AM
Many of these people weren't born in the US nor are they legal citizens. Try to keep up.

My statement said I was talking about the children of illegals who are born in this country are U.S. citizens according to the Constitution, whether it's popular or not. Try to be more educated & quicker on the uptake.

okie52
7/11/2011, 08:10 AM
My statement said I was talking about the children of illegals who are born in this country are U.S. citizens according to the Constitution, whether it's popular or not. Try to be more educated & quicker on the uptake.

Oh, I thought you misread the topic but it's obvious you never understood it.

soonerloyal
7/11/2011, 03:46 PM

Aww, you is so cute. :)

Sooner_Tuf
7/11/2011, 08:48 PM

:D

Sooner_Tuf
7/11/2011, 08:49 PM

If they are legal then they are not the ones being discussed here.

If they are illegal hell no don't educate them, deport them.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2011, 03:14 PM
Sanjoaqin-I forgot to ask you how your illegal worker class was doing? Do you have big classes?

I was wanting to start a class like that in Edmond but it would only be worthwhile if we could pack a few hundred illegals in a room at one time.
We want to help them find their way. Some may even be relatives of yours.

We wrapped it up last Thursday with a "graduation." It was a summer math academy for migrant students - getting them ready for algebra and beyond. We had about 120, but we lost a few at the end since their families moved on to the Washington orchards to work. They'll likely be back for our harvests later in the season.

All but a couple spoke English. California mandated English in public schools over 20 years ago, so they all are fluent in two languages if they've been in school for a couple years or more. Many of the parents don't, if they didn't go to school here.

They are great, adorable kids and I enjoyed it. We worked them hard in the mornings from 8 to noon, and then after lunch did enrichment/recreational math. I ran several math contests where they were solving problems in teams of four. I gave the winners pairs of movie passes - which they cherish since they rarely get to go to the movies. We gave away three i-pods in a drawing of all those who had perfect attendance.

Chuck Bao
7/13/2011, 03:30 PM
We wrapped it up last Thursday with a "graduation." It was a summer math academy for migrant students - getting them ready for algebra and beyond. We had about 120, but we lost a few at the end since their families moved on to the Washington orchards to work. They'll likely be back for our harvests later in the season.

All but a couple spoke English. California mandated English in public schools over 20 years ago, so they all are fluent in two languages if they've been in school for a couple years or more. Many of the parents don't, if they didn't go to school here.

They are great, adorable kids and I enjoyed it. We worked them hard in the mornings from 8 to noon, and then after lunch did enrichment/recreational math. I ran several math contests where they were solving problems in teams of four. I gave the winners pairs of movie passes - which they cherish since they rarely get to go to the movies. We gave away three i-pods in a drawing of all those who had perfect attendance.

Kudos on that and spek.

okie52
7/13/2011, 03:47 PM

Did you teach them any geography... like which way is south?

120 students? Do their parents pick them up from your class?

They like movie passes and Ipods, eh?

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2011, 04:44 PM
Did you teach them any geography... like which way is south?

120 students? Do their parents pick them up from your class?

They like movie passes and Ipods, eh?

No geography. It's my understanding No Child Left Behind gave geography the middle finger.

Yes, they like movies and ipods. I'm guessing many of them are U.S. citizens. They are as American as apple pie. Maybe even more so, since their parents pick the apples.

okie52
7/13/2011, 05:10 PM
No geography. It's my understanding No Child Left Behind gave geography the middle finger.

Yes, they like movies and ipods. I'm guessing many of them are U.S. citizens. They are as American as apple pie. Maybe even more so, since their parents pick the apples.

Perhaps maps can be provided so the students can prepare for the journey south to the homeland....seems cheaper than movie passes and Ipods.

In the spirit of south of the border relations I will donate this for your classes:

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/800px-Us-mexico-border.jpg

First student to find his way south of the border can have a movie pass.

Chuck Bao
7/13/2011, 05:19 PM
Perhaps maps can be provided so the students can prepare for the journey south to the homeland....seems cheaper than movie passes and Ipods.

In the spirit of south of the border relations I will donate this for your classes:

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/800px-Us-mexico-border.jpg

I vote FAIL.

Boo hiss.

What? No roads in Oklahoma?

Okay, you sneaky, Okie52.

You deliberately post a map showing no roads in Oklahoma so nobody can find their way here. We need someone from the fark board to pinpoint exactly where you live.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2011, 05:24 PM

and here I thought you had used up all of your generosity when you gave the guy $5 for mowing your lawn for a month.

okie52
7/13/2011, 05:27 PM
I vote FAIL.

Boo hiss.

What? No roads in Oklahoma?

Okay, you sneaky, Okie52.

You deliberately post a map showing no roads in Oklahoma so nobody can find their way here. We need someone from the fark board to pinpoint exactly where you live.

You've got it Chuck. No need to give "these people" directions to OK.

okie52
7/13/2011, 05:33 PM
and here I thought you had used up all of your generosity when you gave the guy $5 for mowing your lawn for a month.

I'm a bleeding heart, its true. Just didn't feel right not giving that guy a little something for his trouble.

I was going to give his kids a popsicle since it was well over 100 that day but he was so indignant it ruined that "generous" moment. A shame, too, because the kids already had them in their hands before their dads misconduct caused me to take them back.

sappstuf
7/13/2011, 05:36 PM
I'm a bleeding heart, its true. Just didn't feel right not giving that guy a little something for his trouble.

I was going to give his kids a popsicle since it was well over 100 that day but he was so indignant it ruined that "generous" moment. A shame, too, because the kids already had them in their hands before their dads misconduct caused me to take them back.

I liked how you made the kids "pick" the popsicle from your hand.. It was free training with an instant reward. Most people don't go that extra step..

okie52
7/13/2011, 05:39 PM
I liked how you made the "pick" the popsicle from your hand.. It was free training with an instant reward. Most people don't go that extra step..

Yep, no need for any more unskilled labor when you can incoporate a little training at an early age.

okie52
7/13/2011, 08:24 PM

As a citizen, I am sure that when you discover an illegal you report them to the authorities immediately.

You will have set an excellent example for the "citizens" in your class.

SicEmBaylor
7/13/2011, 10:52 PM

I like the idea of ICE raiding this "academy" and throwing the little mini-tacos back across the river...with or without their parents.

SicEmBaylor
7/13/2011, 10:55 PM
Id also like to strip citizenship from these ancho mini-tacos.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2011, 11:44 PM
As a citizen, I am sure that when you discover an illegal you report them to the authorities immediately.

You will have set an excellent example for the "citizens" in your class.

If you're talking about students, yeah right, like they carry birth certificates with them and I go around demanding to see them. you've drifted off to an alternate reality okie. Do you need to be biţch slapped back to realilty?

Do you drug test all your friends and family and "as a citizen" turn them in to the police if they test positive for drugs?

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2011, 11:46 PM

On what basis, oh holy fake conservative one?

SicEmBaylor
7/14/2011, 12:32 AM

On the basis that their citizenship is an attempt to defraud the American people.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/14/2011, 12:44 AM
On the basis that their citizenship is an attempt to defraud the American people.

Go sic em stasi!

Curly Bill
7/14/2011, 12:52 AM

How about on the basis that they're not "real" Mericans. :D

okie52
7/14/2011, 08:28 AM
If you're talking about students, yeah right, like they carry birth certificates with them and I go around demanding to see them. you've drifted off to an alternate reality okie. Do you need to be biţch slapped back to realilty?

Do you drug test all your friends and family and "as a citizen" turn them in to the police if they test positive for drugs?

Now, now, now SanJoaquin...no reason to get hostile.

I'm talking about the students and their parents that pick them up from your class. Surely you could have someone show up at your class wearing a Border Patrol cap just to see which parents scattered.

sappstuf
7/14/2011, 08:33 AM
Now, now, now SanJoaquin...no reason to get hostile.

I'm talking about the students and their parents that pick them up from your class. Surely you could have someone show up at your class wearing a Border Patrol cap just to see which parents scattered.

Any that run are illegals. Any that don't run are well disciplined illegals..

okie52
7/14/2011, 08:37 AM
Any that run are illegals. Any that don't run are well disciplined illegals..

Yeah, the well disciplined illegals always take more work to root out.

But who would ever look in a migrant worker class for illegals?

sappstuf
7/14/2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, the well disciplined illegals always take more work to root out.

Well, we wouldn't want to stereotype anyone..

okie52
7/14/2011, 08:58 AM
Well, we wouldn't want to stereotype anyone..

Or "disenfranchise" anyone.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/14/2011, 10:00 AM

Good idea

Chuck Bao
7/14/2011, 12:06 PM

Heh! That reminds me of the Thai police raiding my Baptist Church during the Sunday morning service to arrest illegal Burmese (or I should say the minority Christian Karens who have been fighting the Burmese). Yeah, easy pickings there.