PDA

View Full Version : What if.....

Ruf/Nek7
7/8/2011, 02:16 PM
Gunner commits to Indiana, whom alot of rumors are saying Wilson is about to land him, or if he goes to Bama what do the sooners do?

Do we go forward without landing a QB like we did in 05'? Or are there some other guys that are still available that would actually still be considering OU? Just wanted to get you guys' thoughts and what not.

NOVSooner
7/8/2011, 03:17 PM
i could see us doing without signing a qb in this class as a lot of word is that next years qb class is better than this current class so if we have a target for next year we may pursue that one all the more.

Ruf/Nek7
7/8/2011, 04:23 PM
i could see us doing without signing a qb in this class as a lot of word is that next years qb class is better than this current class so if we have a target for next year we may pursue that one all the more.

I agree. Back in 05, had it not been for Bradford, we would have been up a creek without a paddle. I do believe we can afford to not take in a QB this class...we are stacked at the QB position on the current depth chart.

Alot of those QB's you speak of are from OK too. That has to fair well for us.

Curly Bill
7/8/2011, 04:25 PM
I don't think it'd be a bad deal to skip a class, especially as this is going to be a small class anyway.

mavsfan31
7/8/2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah I'd be perfectly fine with us not getting a QB this year.

Ruf/Nek7
7/8/2011, 07:04 PM
Ok, let me ask you guys this...if OU does decide to pursue a QB, other than Winston, what is another name we would go for?

goingoneight
7/8/2011, 09:21 PM
Well, as stated above, we lucked out that Sam was ready when he was... as the cupboard was bare otherwise at QB going into 2007 after Rhomar left and PT gradumucated. So long as we have three experienced guys stay in Norman (Allen, Bell, Thompson), that's a lot more certainty than we had when Rhomar got kicked off the team. QB depth can shift fast when guys up and decide they don't wanna stick around anymore. You can give backup RBs, WRs, TEs and OLs all the reps they want by rotation, but when a guy like Sam or Landry takes over... it gets tiring for these guys to wait it out.

BoomerJ
7/9/2011, 01:18 AM
what if we focus on more pressing needs like OT, DT, DE, MLB, and such.

Soonermagik
7/9/2011, 09:10 AM
I would be shocked if Gunner went to IU. He has no supporting cast and wouldn't be involved in big games.

OU has become QB University. Kevin Wilson is a good guy, but I don't see him as a great recruiter. I guess we will find out soon.

Mongo
7/9/2011, 09:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480828/dusty-kiel

another reason he probably wont go to Indy

Soonerfan88
7/9/2011, 08:37 PM
We currently have 4 QBs on scholarship - Jones, Allen, Bell, and Thompson. I honestly don't think anyone is going to transfer and skipping a year in recruiting won't hurt the team at all. Save that scholarship for 2013.

Ruf/Nek7
7/9/2011, 08:53 PM
what if we focus on more pressing needs like OT, DT, DE, MLB, and such.

Well we are already addressing those needs. This is strictly about the QB position. If you would like for me to start up a thread pressing questions in regards to those positions, I will;)

BoomerJ
7/9/2011, 11:28 PM
Well we are already addressing those needs. This is strictly about the QB position. If you would like for me to start up a thread pressing questions in regards to those positions, I will;)

I understand. He may be one of the next great qb's of college football. Only time will tell. And if we get him, I'll be one happy Sooner fan like the rest of you. If we don't, I'll still be one happy Sooner fan. But I'm also like Soonerfan88, because we'll have a small class with (in my opinion) other pressing needs.

Ruf/Nek7
7/10/2011, 09:26 AM
I understand. He may be one of the next great qb's of college football. Only time will tell. And if we get him, I'll be one happy Sooner fan like the rest of you. If we don't, I'll still be one happy Sooner fan. But I'm also like Soonerfan88, because we'll have a small class with (in my opinion) other pressing needs.

I get that but I think we are lost in translation here. In setting up this thread and asking questions stricttly about the QB situation, I'm not ignoring the fact we have other positions to recruit. I am simply wanting just info on what people know about QB recruits through here.

I too will be completely confident that OU will be just fine without a QB recruit of any rating this year. Just digging for insight. I'm like Tony Realli in around the horn