View Full Version : Selling Abrams Tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=228506

Does not seem like a smart move.

soonercruiser
7/8/2011, 12:05 PM
:O
Like we really know what is going to happen in the end in Egypt...

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 12:33 PM
If recent polling is any indication, democracy will usher in the Sharia-supporting parties--the most prominent being the Muslim Brotherhood. So, while no one "knows" what will happen in Egypt and G-d is the only one who really "knows" with that kind of certainty; I think a little sense and foresight go a long way to telling us that selling good weapons to Egypt right now will not turn out so well.

jumperstop
7/8/2011, 12:35 PM
If we don't sell our old crappy weapons, how can we guarantee we'll kick their *** when we go to war with them 10-20 years from now?

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 12:36 PM
If we don't sell our old crappy weapons, how can we guarantee we'll kick their *** when we go to war with them 10-20 years from now?

The Abrams seems like a pretty good weapon to me.

jumperstop
7/8/2011, 12:40 PM
The Abrams seems like a pretty good weapon to me.

But they're all used and ****...we only like new stuff in America. And they'll have trouble driving it because everything is in english and the drivers seat is on the wrong side...or maybe it's like a Trojan horse thing...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/8/2011, 12:51 PM
But they're all used and ****...we only like new stuff in America. And they'll have trouble driving it because everything is in english and the drivers seat is on the wrong side...or maybe it's like a Trojan horse thing...Making light of Terrorists...and a misguided(at best)administration. How nice! Paying and helping the enemy to come get you...way smart.

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 01:03 PM
You know....you sell it to them and lo jack them so that if we or anyone we know needs to know their location we can just send a little present their way. :D

Seriously, do you think we would sell them anything they could use? I mean really use. :D

OUMallen
7/8/2011, 01:09 PM
Making light of Terrorists...and a misguided(at best)administration. How nice! Paying and helping the enemy to come get you...way smart.

The country of Egypt is not our enemy, you terrified, paranoid psycho.

Fish&Game
7/8/2011, 01:15 PM
Perhaps we have installed remote shutdown devices in them like they use on the bait car shows.

7/8/2011, 01:20 PM
Perhaps we have installed remote shutdown devices in them like they use on the bait car shows.D'Oh!

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 01:24 PM

Dude....we must go to War with them as we have information that they are hiding WMDs.

diverdog
7/8/2011, 01:30 PM

The true power is the military and the are very moderate.

jumperstop
7/8/2011, 01:33 PM
Making light of Terrorists...and a misguided(at best)administration. How nice! Paying and helping the enemy to come get you...way smart.

How are tanks going to help them "come get us"? We're not selling them airplanes....

Mongo
7/8/2011, 01:35 PM
How are tanks going to help them "come get us"? We're not selling them airplanes....

you are going to look like an *** when several Egyptian Abrams come out from the water on to a beach on the eastern coast

7/8/2011, 01:42 PM
How are tanks going to help them "come get us"? We're not selling them airplanes....Does this mean you're in favor of arming the MB?

Mongo
7/8/2011, 01:45 PM
Does this mean you're in favor of arming the MB?

nice fear mongering.

it is standard practice for the US to NOT sell the latest and greatest, but a stripped down version.

even when the MB "attack" us, do you not think we know how to deal with and destroy our own equipment?

making money off of them is good business

jumperstop
7/8/2011, 01:46 PM
Does this mean you're in favor of arming the MB?

I don't give two ****s either way... Selling old military equipment is nothing new. The American military arming it's future enemies is nothing new. I think I'll be able to get over it and it'll in all likelihood never have an effect on my life.

hOUrricane
7/8/2011, 02:02 PM
Hopefully they take the money to pay down debt. Economic is more of a threat than Egypt.

7/8/2011, 02:33 PM
Hopefully they take the money to pay down debt. Economic is more of a threat than Egypt.that's twilight zone talk there, Jerry.(Shirley your name is Jerry?)

hOUrricane
7/8/2011, 02:36 PM
that's twilight zone talk there, Jerry.(Shirley your name is Jerry?)

So I forgot a word - collapse. At least I don't wear granny panties like Outland. Only thongs here.

MR2-Sooner86
7/8/2011, 02:53 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is the armour. The thing is 30 years old yet what's in the armour, how it's layered, how it's made, is still highly classified. I'd just hate to see Iran or any nutcase theocracy being able to have access to our stuff through the MB and possibly challenge us.

soonercruiser
7/8/2011, 03:16 PM
Perhaps we have installed remote shutdown devices in them like they use on the bait car shows.

Good idea!
Or, perhaps a little strategically placed C4 and a radio receiver would do the trick.
One call....BOOM xxxxxxxx!

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 03:57 PM
nice fear mongering.

it is standard practice for the US to NOT sell the latest and greatest, but a stripped down version.

even when the MB "attack" us, do you not think we know how to deal with and destroy our own equipment?

making money off of them is good business

Using this warped logic, you would be in favor of selling Al Qaeda a bunch of Pipers or Gulfstreams, but not an actual 737.

OUMallen
7/8/2011, 04:20 PM
If you think Al Queda = the nation of Egypt, I think you can show yourself the door.

Mongo
7/8/2011, 04:22 PM
Using this warped logic, you would be in favor of selling Al Qaeda a bunch of Pipers or Gulfstreams, but not an actual 737.

no.

Beechcraft Bonanzas. They will crash themselves

BU BEAR
7/8/2011, 05:28 PM
If you think Al Queda = the nation of Egypt, I think you can show yourself the door.

If the Muslim Brotherhood exerts an appreciable amount of control over Egypt in the near term future (and it looks like it will), then it is a good analogy. Al Queda, like Hamas, is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood. Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri were/are members of the Ikwan (Brotherhood). So, yeah, when MB influences Egypt's politics and government, then MB=Egypt=Al Qaeda.

I think if you do not know this bit of vital information, then you can show yourself the door.

7/9/2011, 02:22 AM
If the Muslim Brotherhood exerts an appreciable amount of control over Egypt in the near term future (and it looks like it will), then it is a good analogy. Al Queda, like Hamas, is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood. Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri were/are members of the Ikwan (Brotherhood). So, yeah, when MB influences Egypt's politics and government, then MB=Egypt=Al Qaeda.

I think if you do not know this bit of vital information, then you can show yourself the door.Helping the MB take over Libya is shocking. If W had done an iota of the un-American things the Obear has done, the MSM and democrats everywhere would have been screaming bloody murder...and rightfully so.

soonerloyal
7/9/2011, 10:32 AM

Because the national policy of profiting from war and selling to our enemies started on 20 January 2009. :rolleyes: Be honest and smell the entire sh** sammich. We've been at this for decades. Shame on them all for it. Obama's just as guilty for letting it continue.

Whether we're hedging our bets by supplying enemies with equipment or paying them not to kill our troops, our foreign policies just continue to wreak havoc for everyone concerned. I wish we'd attempt some balance between isolationism and interventionism.

7/9/2011, 01:03 PM
Intentionally arming the MB is beyond any sort of reason, IMHO.

soonercoop1
7/10/2011, 10:48 AM
The true power is the military and the are very moderate.

Moderate how?