PDA

View Full Version : SCOTUS Upholds Death Penalty for Mexican National

soonercruiser
7/7/2011, 06:22 PM
Supreme Court denies stay of execution for Mexican national in TexasBy Bill Mears, CNN Supreme Court ProducerJuly 7, 2011 -- Updated 2256 GMT (0656 HKT)
CNN) -- The Supreme Court has denied a stay of execution for a Mexican national and convicted killer, despite opposition from the Obama administration and the Mexican government.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/07/texas.mexican.execution/

Actually this is one of GWBooosh's screw ups!
(Yes! I said GWBoooosh!....the Repubican!)

Supreme Court rules against Bush in death row case
Associated Press
Mar. 25, 2008 07:51 AM
WASHINGTON — President Bush overstepped his authority when he ordered a Texas court to reopen the case of a Mexican on death row for rape and murder, the Supreme Court said Tuesday.

In a case that mixes presidential power, international relations and the death penalty, the court sided with Texas 6-3.

Bush was in the unusual position of siding with death row prisoner Jose Ernesto Medellin, a Mexican citizen whom police prevented from consulting with Mexican diplomats, as provided by international treaty.

If you know some of the story, you know that we have treaties with some nations that either...1) Require foreign national death penalty convictees to be returned to their country to prison...or 2) That certain countries will not extradite a person to the U.S. if they face a death penalty conviction.

Sooooo.......we as citizens are subject to the death penalty. But, certain politicians think that foreign nationals shouldn't be?????
Bull crap!
Many Americans are rotting in foreign prisons, that don't even provide basic treatment equal to prisoners of war!

Sorry illegals and foreign nationals! If you commit the crime here! You are tried and punsihed here.....according to U.S. and state laws!

Don't even get me started on diplomatic immunity....!:mad:

Wishboned
7/7/2011, 06:24 PM
Strap him in, shoot him up.

TheLadiesMike
7/7/2011, 06:25 PM
This is a very confusing post.

AlboSooner
7/7/2011, 06:31 PM

Yes. I read the article; it seems they will go ahead with the execution, despite calls to delay it.

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 06:41 PM

It's like pulling Hair?

ouwasp
7/7/2011, 06:41 PM
Adios

royalfan5
7/7/2011, 06:42 PM
What the **** are you upset about? The fact that the United States has treaties with some nations and not with others?

sappstuf
7/7/2011, 06:50 PM
He is an illegal alien that has been in the country since he was three.... It's not like he was on vacation.

String him up.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/7/2011, 06:53 PM
I'm fairly certain he's already been executed.

crawfish
7/7/2011, 06:55 PM
The President of Mexico has advised all citizens to avoid the U.S. until this matter is resolved.

Haha, I crack me up.

thecynic
7/7/2011, 06:58 PM
He's a dead mofo now

ouwasp
7/7/2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Jose was zapped on 8-5-2008 according to wikipedia. Wonder what his last meal was?

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 07:00 PM
Medellín was executed at 9:57 p.m. Central time on August 5, 2008, after a three-hour delay while the Supreme Court heard a late appeal, which was denied.

Sooner_Tuf
7/7/2011, 07:02 PM
I'm fairly certain he's already been executed.

Yes he was executed three years ago for raping and murdering a fourteen year old girl and a sixteen year old girl in 1993. The details of the crime are absolutely terrible. He lived 15+ years longer than he should have.

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 07:12 PM
I think he's talking about the guy whose stay was denied today, not Medellin. This dude's name is Leal.

Except that he clearly mentions Medellin in his cut and paste....

I think I would have posted this....

Mexican national executed in Texas

(CNN) -- Humberto Leal Garcia Jr., a Mexican national convicted of raping and killing a 16-year-old girl in 1994, was executed by lethal injection in Texas Thursday evening.

The Supreme Court earlier denied a stay of execution for the convicted killer, despite opposition from the Obama administration and the Mexican government.

Leal was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m. CT (7:21 p.m. ET), according to a corrections spokeswoman.

"I am sorry for everything I have done," Leal said at the Huntsville facility before he was executed. "I have hurt a lot of people. Let this be final and be done. I take the full blame for this."

Leal then shouted "Viva Mexico," followed by "I'm ready warden, let's get the show on the road." :D ONDELAY ! ! ! !

ouwasp
7/7/2011, 07:13 PM
Just read that Jose had no special request for his last meal. In looking for that info I also read of his crime... he was a real p.o.s. The Earth is truly a better place now that he is gone. Cry yourself to sleep, libs!

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 07:16 PM
Just read that Jose had no special request for his last meal. In looking for that info I also read of his crime... he was a real p.o.s. The Earth is truly a better place now that he is gone.

Truly Mexico is....

We can all head South for some fishing now.:pop:

cccasooner2
7/7/2011, 07:19 PM
Supreme Court denies stay of execution for Mexican national in TexasBy Bill Mears, CNN Supreme Court ProducerJuly 7, 2011 -- Updated 2256 GMT (0656 HKT)
CNN) -- Bush was in the unusual position of siding with death row prisoner Jose Ernesto Medellin, a Mexican citizen whom police prevented from consulting with Mexican diplomats, as provided by international treaty.

Sh*t, we violate these daily. What makes this one special? SCOTUS finally gets one right! :)

jk the sooner fan
7/7/2011, 07:20 PM
Great decision by the high court....time for the death warrant

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 07:25 PM
It's good we continue to improve relations with our friends from the South.

I find Canadian Tans take longer but are a lot less dangerous.

okie52
7/7/2011, 07:30 PM
The President of Mexico has advised all citizens to avoid the U.S. until this matter is resolved.

Haha, I crack me up.

If only....

soonercruiser
7/7/2011, 07:32 PM
Except his first link is about the Leal guy, whose stay was denied today...

I realize his post wasn't super clear. His understanding of the issues involved is just as murky ("frozen".

For those of you who are still murky....! :rolleyes:
(Don't keep up with all the news...just pieces...)

The second part of the post was the history of where the current case before the Supreme Court originated....Boooosh!
(Most of you libs probably think conservatives think that GW was born without sin, like Obama. But, not so.)

Most of you big govment types also probably think it is OK for the federal govment to tell the states what they can, and cannot do...like the death penalty, health care, immigration laws, etc.

So, for those of you in doubt, a quote from the updated on-line article...
"Leal was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m. CT (7:21 p.m. ET), according to a corrections spokeswoman."
(SCOTUS decision was just this Tuesday)
That's more like swift justice! :pop:

AND - for you intellectual pricks on the forum...the idea of a post IS to stimulate an exchange of ideas on the story, and ramifications in law.
***But, I understand...some of you are more interested in calling names, or posting about your genitals!
:rolleyes:

Midtowner
7/7/2011, 07:37 PM
Cry yourself to sleep, libs!

What is liberal about being opposed to this? Wrap that up in an actual ideological argument, because I'm just not seeing this as a liberal vs. conservative issue.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Vienna Convention is not applicable in the United States. Obama may want it to be, but he's going to have to change the American reservations to the treaty and get that ratified by the Senate. That hasn't happened yet, so procedurally, there's no reason to delay the execution.

There are definitely pragmatic arguments, which aren't really liberal or conservative, just pragmatic (which dogmatic adherence to either philosophy, if you can call it that, is just about never pragmatic) cutting against the death penalty (think fiscal and crime prevention reasons), but honestly, calling out libs here is a bit out of place.

As long as we have the death penalty, these sorts of folks deserve it, but when we failed to give Terry Nichols the needle, it made me realize what a lot of other folks have been saying all along--that the death penalty is given out in a pretty arbitrary manner, and Nichols proves that. If we can't agree that someone who murdered 161 men, women, children and unborn babies gets the needle, how can we say we are anything but arbitrary in the utilization of capital punishment?

cccasooner2
7/7/2011, 07:40 PM
But, I understand...some of you are more interested in calling names, or posting about your genitals!

That's where the intellectual part comes in.

yermom
7/7/2011, 08:17 PM
so you guys won't complain when some American is executed in another country for whatever they determine is worthy of death?

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 08:19 PM
so you guys won't complain when some American is executed in another country for whatever they determine is worthy of death?

Murdering Bastard had it coming. Those 3 guys never tried to kill him. They just held him for 120 days for ransom and beat him everyday. There was no reason he had to kill them all when he got loose that day.

yankee
7/7/2011, 08:20 PM
States rights woo!!

okie52
7/7/2011, 08:28 PM

If you think their laws are too severe then don't go there. Of course not murdering their citizens might be a good start.

soonercruiser
7/7/2011, 08:32 PM
What is liberal about being opposed to this? Wrap that up in an actual ideological argument, because I'm just not seeing this as a liberal vs. conservative issue.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Vienna Convention is not applicable in the United States. Obama may want it to be, but he's going to have to change the American reservations to the treaty and get that ratified by the Senate. That hasn't happened yet, so procedurally, there's no reason to delay the execution.

There are definitely pragmatic arguments, which aren't really liberal or conservative, just pragmatic (which dogmatic adherence to either philosophy, if you can call it that, is just about never pragmatic) cutting against the death penalty (think fiscal and crime prevention reasons), but honestly, calling out libs here is a bit out of place.

As long as we have the death penalty, these sorts of folks deserve it, but when we failed to give Terry Nichols the needle, it made me realize what a lot of other folks have been saying all along--that the death penalty is given out in a pretty arbitrary manner, and Nichols proves that. If we can't agree that someone who murdered 161 men, women, children and unborn babies gets the needle, how can we say we are anything but arbitrary in the utilization of capital punishment?

Thanks Midtowner. I hadn't gotten to research the "Vienna Convention" yet.
But, I do believe that more "Libs" by definition would be against the death penalty. And, the mere $cost of death, versus life in prison would be one of their biggest arguments.

My argument would be...
What is the best way to really protect society?
How would this person effect the other prisoner's (they come into contact with) future behavior; especially when they get out?
What are the untallied benefits of swift, firm justice as a deterrant?
Do we just have waaayyyy too many lawyers needing work to hope the death penalty can be kept in place?

soonercruiser
7/7/2011, 08:35 PM
If you think their laws are too severe then don't go there. Of course not murdering their citizens might be a good start.

Come on Okie!
Now you're sounding like Obama....."if we're knder to them, they'll like us more"!

cccasooner2
7/7/2011, 08:40 PM
........What is the best way to really protect society?

Prayer.

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 08:46 PM
What about the Vienna Sausage?

crawfish
7/7/2011, 08:53 PM

That girl in Italy serving a life sentence is about 1/1000th as guilty as Casey Anthony.

picasso
7/7/2011, 08:57 PM
What about the Vienna Sausage?

Weiner? I thought he resigned.

soonercruiser
7/7/2011, 08:58 PM
GW was a big "One World Government" guy.
Unless the space alien invaders are almost here....I don't understand it.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2005/03/10/784/28478
U.S. Withdraws from Vienna Convention Death Penalty Protocol
By Jeralyn, Section Death Penalty
Posted on Thu Mar 10, 2005 at 05:02:08 AM EST
You had to know something was up when President Bush agreed to give the 51 Mexican death row inmates in the U.S. new hearings, as ordered by the International Court of Justice in the Hague. Now, his purpose becomes a little clearer. Wednesday, the U.S. officially withdrew from the Vienna Convention protocol it proposed and ratified in 1963:

The Bush administration has decided to pull out of an international agreement that opponents of the death penalty have used to fight the sentences of foreigners on death row in the United States, officials said yesterday.

In a two-paragraph letter dated March 7, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice informed U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan that the United States "hereby withdraws" from the Optional Protocol to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations. The United States proposed the protocol in 1963 and ratified it -- along with the rest of the Vienna Convention -- in 1969.

The protocol provided that its signatories would grant the International Court of Justice (ICJ) the last word when their citizens raised a claim of being illegally deprived of the right to meet with a diplomat of their home country when jailed abroad.

The Administration has provided this reason for its decision:
"The International Court of Justice has interpreted the Vienna Consular Convention in ways that we had not anticipated that involved state criminal prosecutions and the death penalty, effectively asking the court to supervise our domestic criminal system," State Department spokeswoman Darla Jordan said yesterday.

Withdrawal from the protocol is a way of "protecting against future International Court of Justice judgments that might similarly interpret the consular convention or disrupt our domestic criminal system in ways we did not anticipate when we joined the convention," Jordan added.

Vienna Convention on Consular RelationsFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963 is an international treaty that defines a framework for consular relations between independent countries. A consul normally operates out of an embassy in another country, and performs two essential functions: (1) protecting in the host country the interests of their countrymen, and (2) furthering the commercial and economic relations between the two countries. While a consul is not a diplomat, they work out of the same premises, and under this treaty they are afforded most of the same privileges, including a variation of diplomatic immunity called consular immunity. The treaty has been ratified by 172 countries.[1]

Reference the 2008 Medellin case...

In March 2008, however, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that although the United States had an obligation to honor the treaty, Texas was not required to comply. In making its decision, the Court determined that the protocol on enforcing the Vienna Convention through the ICJ was not self-executing, and thus, in the absence of Congressional legislation compelling the state of Texas to comply with the ICJ ruling, Texas was not required to hold a hearing for Medellin as ordered in the ruling. Even an order from President George Bush was insufficient to require Texas courts to asses whether the treaty violation had impinged on Medellin's trial and sentencing. Michael Socarras, head of the international dispute resolution practice at McDermott Will & Emery, said the Court should have recognized that "Texas is a sovereign state, and that all sovereign states are bound by the universal practice followed among nations, and that ICJ decisions and the Vienna Convention are helpful authorities on universal practice. Texas had a duty to follow universal consular practice."

So, the question is, how many times does the SCOTUS have to say...
"No way Jose' "????

soonercruiser
7/7/2011, 09:00 PM
Prayer.

Problem is....only so many are prayin'; the rest are "layin in wait" for the innocent!

AlboSooner
7/7/2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think the death penalty is the most severe punishment the US has. There is probably no easier way to go than by lethal injection.

The most severe punishment the US has is the life in prison without the possibility of parole, in solitary confinement for 23 hours, where you lose your mind little by little until you surrender completely to depression and are tormented by nightmares and hallucinations all day long.

If an American goes to Mexico and rapes a 16 year old girl, and mutilates her body and stuff, then yes I won't complain if they give him the needle. But you might be fishin' here

SicEmBaylor
7/7/2011, 09:05 PM
Mmmmm fried Mexican.

tcrb
7/7/2011, 09:06 PM

If Nichols had been tried under Texas law, he probably would have fried.

And if anyone thinks that Garcia's execution was a rush to justice, he committed his heinous crime in 1994. He brutally raped and then bludgeoned to death an innocent 16 year old girl and then left her naked, beaten body with a large cylindrical object shoved up her vagina. There was dna evidence that proved he committed the crime, and he also confessed to it. This young woman's family has been waiting 17 long years for justice and closure. So you can weep for him if you want and call it injustice, but the bastard was given a far kinder death than he deserved, and I for one hope he is burning in Hell as I write this.

OutlandTrophy
7/7/2011, 09:22 PM
If Nichols had been tried under Texas law, he probably would have fried.

And if anyone thinks that Garcia's execution was a rush to justice, he committed his heinous crime in 1994. He brutally raped and then bludgeoned to death an innocent 16 year old girl and then left her naked, beaten body with a large cylindrical object shoved up her vagina. There was dna evidence that proved he committed the crime, and he also confessed to it. This young woman's family has been waiting 17 long years for justice and closure. So you can weep for him if you want and call it injustice, but the bastard was given a far kinder death than he deserved, and I for one hope he is burning in Hell as I write this.
Apparently yermom disagrees. I hope Dave shows back up to keep defending this dead criminal.

yermom
7/7/2011, 09:32 PM
Apparently yermom disagrees. I hope Dave shows back up to keep defending this dead criminal.

i'm not that much of a fan of the death penalty in general, but if we thumb our nose to Mexico, why shouldn't Italy or Thailand or North Korea do the same to us?

here we may think justice is served by killing murdering rapists, other places are a little more heavy handed.

Mongo
7/7/2011, 09:35 PM
uh, yermom... you can only execute someone so much. it cant get any heavier handed than that:D

tcrb
7/7/2011, 09:38 PM
As far as the laws being enforced differently in other parts of the world, if you're going to travel to a foreign country, you should take the time to familiarize yourself with their laws and customs and know what the penalties are for violating them. If you're not prepared to face those penalties, you better obey their laws or be prepared to face the consequences. If you have a fear that you might be unjustly accused of a crime, maybe one should reconsider their plans to enter that country.

The only injustice in the Garcia case is that it took 17 ****ing years to execute this piece of ****.

okie52
7/7/2011, 09:45 PM
He was an illegal....he should have been executed.

yermom
7/7/2011, 09:51 PM
As far as the laws being enforced differently in other parts of the world, if you're going to travel to a foreign country, you should take the time to familiarize yourself with their laws and customs and know what the penalties are for violating them. If you're not prepared to face those penalties, you better obey their laws or be prepared to face the consequences. If you have a fear that you might be unjustly accused of a crime, maybe one should reconsider their plans to enter that country.

The only injustice in the Garcia case is that it took 17 ****ing years to execute this piece of ****.

i think i'll just never leave the house so nothing bad can ever happen to me.

but you also mentioned the other side of it. our justice system has it's problems, but i'm sure you can find much worse in the ways of bad convictions.

Midtowner
7/7/2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks Midtowner. I hadn't gotten to research the "Vienna Convention" yet.
But, I do believe that more "Libs" by definition would be against the death penalty. And, the mere $cost of death, versus life in prison would be one of their biggest arguments.

And speaking to the liberal philosophy, however you want to define it, why would you say the mere cost of death is a particularly liberal argument?

My argument would be...
What is the best way to really protect society?
How would this person effect the other prisoner's (they come into contact with) future behavior; especially when they get out?

Who says they have to ever get out. Life without parole costs less than death.

What are the untallied benefits of swift, firm justice as a deterrant?
Do we just have waaayyyy too many lawyers needing work to hope the death penalty can be kept in place?

Swift/firm justice isn't available in death penalty cases. Appeals go on for years and years. And as far as "too many lawyers," most of these guys are public defenders and states' attorneys' appellate lawyers. There aren't a lot of private attorneys working death penalty appeals.

That said, I can tell you that innocent people are convicted, and their sentences have been overturned on appeal. Heck.. my father once appealed a murder conviction, got that overturned, got a new trial, and won the trial, getting a gentleman who had been convicted and sentenced to death set free. Would you rather have executed that individual in the name of swift justice and just deemed him collateral damage?

BU BEAR
7/7/2011, 10:13 PM
There are some crimes for which life without parole is simply not justice. This one is one of them. The girl was sixteen, tortured, beaten, and mutilated. Anything less than the State cutting his life short would have been an injustice.

Sooner5030
7/7/2011, 10:26 PM
I am one of the few token libertarian/conservative folks that are anti-death penalty.

Not because it is cruel or unusual…..but because we have an imperfect justice system. Government sanctioned killing of folks that did not actually commit the crime is something I don’t want to support with my tax dollars. Let god, karma and/or relatives sort it out.

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 11:22 PM
Except his first link is about the Leal guy, whose stay was denied today...

I realize his post wasn't super clear. His understanding of the issues involved is just as murky.

:D

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 12:06 AM
I am one of the few token libertarian/conservative folks that are anti-death penalty.

Not because it is cruel or unusual…..but because we have an imperfect justice system. Government sanctioned killing of folks that did not actually commit the crime is something I don’t want to support with my tax dollars. Let god, karma and/or relatives sort it out.

I commend you for speaking up about your conviction. The Death penalty doesn't really invoke the pain or suffering that they applied to their victims and IMO it fails to be a deterrent to these Monsters and their evil acts. When we have them basically laughing in our Face with Comments like "Viva la Mexico, Let's get this show on the Road Warden!'' or "Boomer Sooner!" or "H**K em Whorns!" prior to shooting them up with drugs and putting them down like we would our Faithful Pet who has given us years of loyalty and love....

We have failed.

I think the only Death Sentence that seemed to work was the Osama Bin Laden one so that there is absolutely no place on Earth for followers or people who would later possibly turn to towards his ideals to celebrate his martyrdom. In that case it wasn't so much his Death that made it right to give him Death but more the fact that we didn't fail to bring him swift justice as a Enemy of the World and all of the people on Earth.

I do wish we could find a way to deter people from performing evil acts but the number of folks who are Atheists, Agnostics, or Religious Radicals who believe they are stopping evil through martyrdom and the like...it seems we must really either take the time to really find out what scares them and invoke that or just stick to Life without parole.

The number of crimes we have continued to add the Death Penalty to as a deterrent just doesn't seem to have us reducing violent crime in our Country. Currently hate and border conflicts in the Southwest seem to be on the rise and States like Texas feel it's the only thing they can do to try and control or slow the murder rate there.

Many Opponents of the death penalty argue that it has led to the execution of innocent people, that its main motive is not justice but revenge and to save money, that life imprisonment is an effective and less expensive substitute, that it discriminates against minorities and the poor, and that it violates the criminal's right to life. Supporters believe that the penalty is justified for murderers by the principle of retribution, that life imprisonment is not an equally effective deterrent, and that the death penalty affirms the right to life by punishing those who violate it in the strictest form.

I'd like to think that we could really consider the Religious aspects of the eye for an eye from Exodus and Leviticus as well as even other religions that try to take a more positive approach in how to live life as well as deal with the pitfalls. We should continue to stop Genocide and the many other crimes against humanity and spend as much as is needed to keep people who are evil from walking freely upon our Earth.

I realize there are folks here who aren't religious but are thinkers, and people who don't give religion much attention either way but for folks who do consider the possibilities of "What If" or are Christian Faithfuls....If these folks who do these things are tormented and evil and as they await for their Death Sentence to occur....if their plan was to be killed via the Death Penalty, are they entrapping us to anger the Lord our God and then seek forgiveness and try to take the express lane to Life after Death.....do we owe them that? Should we not react to such acts and leave them to live the life God has given them to contemplate their sins and the evil acts they have invoked on others who were Man or Woman enough to live in this World in faith and await the promises of God and a Life Eternal?

Breadburner
7/8/2011, 12:14 AM
I glad he dead....

Curly Bill
7/8/2011, 12:22 AM
I echo those sentiments! Good riddance, shoulda happened years ago.

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 12:25 AM
Prayers to the people who suffer from the acts of evil.

Turd_Ferguson
7/8/2011, 12:27 AM
penche mexicano...

Curly Bill
7/8/2011, 12:28 AM
penche mexicano...

Does that translate as: dead messican? :P

Dan Thompson
7/8/2011, 08:48 AM
I guess after 19 years in the US, he forgot he was illegal.

He came to the US when he was 2 years old.

okie52
7/8/2011, 08:54 AM
I guess after 19 years in the US, he forgot he was illegal.

He came to the US when he was 2 years old.

Had he already received his student loans and instate tuition? Perhaps started on his path to citizenship?

soonercruiser
7/8/2011, 11:33 AM

..and....(you forgot)...let the evil continue to be spread its infection throughout society!

Alan Keyes said it best for Catholics....we simply carry out man's law for the sake of an orderly society....and pass along the offender to GOD to "judgement".

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 04:56 PM
This really is a sad story. He was the perfect Dream Act candidate....

okie52
7/8/2011, 04:57 PM
This really is a sad story. He was the perfect Dream Act candidate....

If only we'd been there for him:(

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 05:06 PM
If only we'd been there for him:(

At least he loved the country that gave him an opportunity. His last words were, "Viva Mexico!"....

okie52
7/8/2011, 05:22 PM
At least he loved the country that gave him an opportunity. His last words were, "Viva Mexico!"....

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/hsipaniccrying.jpg

I Am Right
7/8/2011, 06:59 PM
What is sad is it took so long to put the scum bag to death!

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 07:25 PM
There are some crimes for which life without parole is simply not justice. This one is one of them. The girl was sixteen, tortured, beaten, and mutilated. Anything less than the State cutting his life short would have been an injustice.

The death penalty is not the most severe punishment the law can hand out. 23 hours of solitary condiment for 40 years are much more painful than the easy, calm and immediate death my lethal injection.

The death penalty has the bad name, but solitary confinement is were the real torture lies.

Mongo
7/8/2011, 07:29 PM
The death penalty is not the most severe punishment the law can hand out. 23 hours of solitary condiment for 40 years are much more painful than the easy, calm and immediate death my lethal injection.

The death penalty has the bad name, but solitary confinement is were the real torture lies.

no kidding. I would probably recreate the Sistine Chapel ceiling with my doo doo after the 3rd year

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 07:36 PM
no kidding. I would probably recreate the Sistine Chapel ceiling with my doo doo after the 3rd year

Many studies have shown the severity and mental torture of solitary confinement. Lethal injection-which was made and proposed by Oklahoma scientists- puts you into a deep sleep, almost coma like, then stops your breathing, then your heart.

Easiest way to go, and we will all go.

TitoMorelli
7/8/2011, 08:10 PM

What, you can have mustard or ketchup, but not both? ;)

Turd_Ferguson
7/8/2011, 08:14 PM
I call bull****...ask any of them on death row if they'd rather spend the rest of there life in solitary or be put to death...I got money say's the majority will do solitary...

AlboSooner
7/8/2011, 10:21 PM
I call bull****...ask any of them on death row if they'd rather spend the rest of there life in solitary or be put to death...I got money say's the majority will do solitary...

You can't call it without any shred evidence. You go ask them. Solitary confinement for a lifetime, is the most severe form of punishment the law can give. It was because of solitary confinement studies on monkeys that the whole animal rights business started.
http://m.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/03/30/090330fa_fact_gawande

sappstuf
7/8/2011, 10:22 PM
What, you can have mustard or ketchup, but not both? ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TXJcM3hUhjs/TBbTn5jGbFI/AAAAAAAAKVc/yAl3UFWA74k/s1600/Noooo.jpg

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 10:27 PM

I wonder if they are mostly the Pitchers? :D

texaspokieokie
7/9/2011, 04:45 PM

you could try solitary for a while, & when your dick got too sore to beat, have them give you the injection.