PDA

View Full Version : Ronnell Lewis

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 09:07 PM
Not good news swirling around the Hammer. I don't know if this has been posted before and I do not have a link so I will paraphrase what I have read. These comments come from Casey Murdock, one of the editors for soonerscoop.com, and he is talking about Summer workouts. Here are some things Murdock had to say about Lewis (keep in mind these are rumors as of now)
"First on the Ronnell Lewis front, I’m still getting mixed reports on whether there is concern or whether he is fine. Some people believe the concern is starting to lift surrounding the rumors of him being ineligible. Officially, I’m not ready to report anything one way or the other. I think it’s still a concern, but talking to a few people the last couple of days, it’s less of a concern than it was.

But I still have another source that tells me he’s going to have to redshirt this year. Until Bob Stoops goes on the record, there isn’t anything more for me to say.

I will say that I have heard Ronnell is around campus and people have seen him more and more lately. That is pretty big news because early reports I was getting were that he wasn’t around the team. None of those reports came from sources I trusted, but it was a concern.

Now it sounds like he’s back around the team.

On a more positive note, Murdock also states that Jamell Fleming "hasn't officially cleared the academic affairs hurdle, but it should happen soon" He also mentioned that Metoyer's "classes are going great at Juco and is making the necessary progress to be eligible this fall" Expect good news soon from Metoyer.

delhalew
7/6/2011, 09:21 PM
Am I the only one that thinks maybe Murdock should wait till he knows something before passing on rumors...oh well, I guess he is a blogger.

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 09:32 PM
Am I the only one that thinks maybe Murdock should wait till he knows something before passing on rumors...oh well, I guess he is a blogger.

I only highlighted but like a small portion of his entire post. I figured that this would be more juicy than hearing that Brandon Williams, Frank Alexander and the entire offensive line is having an amazing summer.

SoCaliSooner
7/6/2011, 09:45 PM
My sources weeks ago said he wasnt going to play this year.

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 09:49 PM
My sources weeks ago said he wasnt going to play this year.

It seems like that is definitely the case but IMO I think that will benefit the team in the grand scheme of things. We still have tons of talent ready to step up at the DE position.

Soonerfan88
7/6/2011, 09:51 PM
As I understand, it all depends on his summer grades. Just like Metoyer, I don't know why talking heads think they have any real updates because nothing will be known until the grades are posted.

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 10:10 PM
As I understand, it all depends on his summer grades. Just like Metoyer, I don't know why talking heads think they have any real updates because nothing will be known until the grades are posted.

I guess you are referring to me....I am simply sharing with others. Others being those who may not know as much as you.

delhalew
7/6/2011, 10:15 PM
You read it, so you passed it on. I just think it's lame of Murdoch.

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 10:19 PM
Well, if you really look at it, I am like Murdock. I don't think his intentions are bad but it is understandable how frustrating rumors can get. Especially when they are not good.

goingoneight
7/6/2011, 10:23 PM
No news is good news in OU off-seasons. :(

bmjlr
7/7/2011, 08:41 AM
No news is good news in OU off-seasons. :(

THIS^^^

OUVarsityXV
7/7/2011, 08:45 AM
We need the Hammer we are not deep at all on the D-Line. Hey GOLDEN it's Myers. I figure I am on this site all day long I might as well be a member!

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 08:49 AM
wow, college is not hard

Mad Dog Madsen
7/7/2011, 08:53 AM
Has oudavid confirmed this with a tweet or source?

picasso
7/7/2011, 09:29 AM
James Hale lightly mentioned this on the radio a week or so ago. He made it sound like there were problems but Lewis would be playing.

Soonerfan88
7/7/2011, 09:33 AM
I guess you are referring to me....I am simply sharing with others. Others being those who may not know as much as you.

No, you aren't a talking head.

Murdock put out rumors that he knows have no way of being confirmed until the summer session ends. He's just trying to make himself look important and get the fan base agitated and looking for the full story (which he doesn't have) so they subscribe to Rivals.

Always_Sooner
7/7/2011, 11:28 AM
Let's hope for the best with all 3 of these players. They could help our chances in the fall of landing number 8. This has been a frustrating off season. I don't recall a spring/summer where OU had all this bad luck.

NormanPride
7/7/2011, 11:33 AM
James Hale lightly mentioned this on the radio a week or so ago. He made it sound like there were problems but Lewis would be playing.
That's because Hale is a shill and an idiot.

SoonerNomad
7/7/2011, 11:37 AM
I only highlighted but like a small portion of his entire post. I figured that this would be more juicy than hearing that Brandon Williams, Frank Alexander and the entire offensive line is having an amazing summer.

I don't know. I would have rather heard the good stuff. I am a fan of keeping my head in the sand until I absolutely need to know something bad.

cccasooner2
7/11/2011, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Ruf/Nek7;3283139]Not good news swirling around the Hammer. I don't know if this has been posted before and I do not have a link so I will paraphrase what I have read. These comments come from Casey Murdock, one of the editors for soonerscoop.com, and he is talking about Summer workouts. Here are some things Murdock had to say about Lewis (keep in mind these are rumors as of now)
"First on the Ronnell Lewis front, I’m still getting mixed reports on whether there is concern or whether he is fine. :confused: Some people believe the concern is starting to lift surrounding the rumors of him being ineligible. :( Officially, I’m not ready to report anything one way or the other. :( I think it’s still a concern, but talking to a few people the last couple of days, it’s less of a concern than it was. :)

But I still have another source that tells me he’s going to have to redshirt this year. :( Until Bob Stoops goes on the record, there isn’t anything more for me to say. :confused:

I will say that I have heard Ronnell is around campus and people have seen him more and more lately. :) That is pretty big news because early reports I was getting were that he wasn’t around the team. :( None of those reports came from sources I trusted, but it was a concern. :confused:

Now it sounds like he’s back around the team. :)

On a more positive note, Murdock also states that Jamell Fleming "hasn't officially cleared the academic affairs hurdle, but it should happen soon" He also mentioned that Metoyer's "classes are going great at Juco and is making the necessary progress to be eligible this fall" Expect good news soon from Metoyer.[QUOTE/]

Emoticon rollercoaster

Ruf/Nek7
7/11/2011, 05:31 PM
We need the Hammer we are not deep at all on the D-Line. Hey GOLDEN it's Myers. I figure I am on this site all day long I might as well be a member!

What's up bud! Yeah, that is pretty much how it all started for me too. Now i cannot go more than 30 mins without checking in.

MamaMia
7/11/2011, 06:47 PM
More times than not these "rumors" end up having some truth to them. I'm actually grateful for the rumors so I can prepare myself. :)

Sooner_Tuf
7/11/2011, 08:37 PM

James also said he would be making that deposit ;)

Sooner24
7/12/2011, 08:19 AM
wow, college is not hard

Just ask Sic'em.

OUmillenium
7/12/2011, 09:33 AM

Didnt our offensive line have an amazing summer heading into the 2005 and 2009 seasons? Not Wilsons fault this time so it might actually be true.

OUMallen
7/12/2011, 10:21 AM
wow, college is not hard

Yeah, but most of these guys are NOT smart.

Widescreen
7/12/2011, 10:37 AM
Didnt our offensive line have an amazing summer heading into the 2005 and 2009 seasons? Not Wilsons fault this time so it might actually be true.

Depends on who you listened to. Wilson was complimentary of the OL after spring practice in 2009. Stoops was not. We saw how that turned out. The fact that Stoops is complimentary of the OL this time around gives me a bit of optimism.

BoulderSooner79
7/12/2011, 11:58 AM
Depends on who you listened to. Wilson was complimentary of the OL after spring practice in 2009. Stoops was not. We saw how that turned out. The fact that Stoops is complimentary of the OL this time around gives me a bit of optimism.

Bingo. Stoops was extremely critical of OL players that spring and even pulled one kids scholly.

OUVarsityXV
7/12/2011, 12:43 PM
WTF has RJ Washington done with his life?