PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10... BCS win ranking

Soonermagik
7/6/2011, 08:39 PM
Where do you rank a BCS win (non-championship game)? 1 being... ugh and 10 being amazing.

agoo758
7/6/2011, 08:40 PM
I think winning a BCS game is a bad thing......

I don't get it. What's your question?

tcrb
7/6/2011, 08:50 PM
Any win (BCS or not) is a 10. Any loss (BCS or not) is a 1.

For me there are no numbers 2-9.

Mazeppa
7/6/2011, 08:58 PM
Where do you rank a BCS win (non-championship game)? 1 being... ugh and 10 being amazing.

A bcs ncg is just a bowl win. No more no less.
Why do they call it a series when only the championship game really counts?
You don't get a crystal ball for winning a bcs ncg.

BoulderSooner79
7/6/2011, 09:14 PM
Winning one last season was a "10" on the relief scale. It was worth real money just to get people to stop talking about OU not winning them.

FtwTxSooner
7/6/2011, 09:21 PM
I can't seperate a BCS win with what it takes to get to a game in the first place, a conference championship, or a damn good season. So yeah, a regular bcs win is great.

Quik Sand
7/6/2011, 09:26 PM
BCS win is great to me...especially after the debacles we have had.

King Barry's Back
7/6/2011, 09:29 PM
A regular BCS win is very, very, very much better than a regular BCS loss.

Other than that, I don't really understand your question.

Soonermagik
7/6/2011, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to see at what level people value a bcs non championship win. I just don't think people appreciate it enough. I was talking with a friend today who said it's always national title or bust. He said a regular BCS win is a 3 out of 10 to him. In fact, that conversation is why I asked this question.

tfoolry
7/6/2011, 10:08 PM
BCS win is a 10 for me but means a lot more for $toops.

Curly Bill
7/6/2011, 10:09 PM
About a 6

goingoneight
7/6/2011, 10:22 PM
Same as a Sun Bowl win to me. The non-crystal football doesn't do much for the trophy room that a big bottle of brut with a football does either/or.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2011, 12:37 AM
Any bowl interest I have depends on the match-ups. So the only thing different about the BCS bowls is they have more $ and usually get to pick the top teams. But as we know (cough, Uconn, cough), the conference guarantees can throw a wrench in the works.

mightysooner
7/7/2011, 01:23 AM
Real teams win their BCS games so I rate it an 11. Getting there is great, but means nothing if you lose them all.

budbarrybob
7/7/2011, 01:57 AM
:stunned: What's a BCS win?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/7/2011, 02:06 AM
Same as a Sun Bowl win to me. The non-crystal football doesn't do much for the trophy room that a big bottle of brut with a football does either/or.Yeah, it's a non-loss, and therefore good. Maybe an 8. A nine would be beating traditional powerhouses, such as usuc, domer, tOSU, etc.

EatLeadCommie
7/7/2011, 09:06 AM
Depends on the opponent and the scale. As somebody said, last year's win over UConn was a 10 on the relief scale. However, it was frigging UConn, so in that respect, it was about a 6 or 7 on the football respect scale, with most of that coming from the fact that it was a BCS game. The Sun and Holiday Bowl wins were both more respectable.

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 09:18 AM
at least you get 1 vs 2

the-rover
7/7/2011, 09:29 AM
Any win (BCS or not) is a 10. Any loss (BCS or not) is a 1.

For me there are no numbers 2-9.

Best answer

texaspokieokie
7/7/2011, 09:40 AM
win over uconn can't be a "10".

unless it's women's basketball.

Sooner Among The Pack
7/7/2011, 10:15 AM
I'd give it a 7 only because of the position it puts you in going into next season, particularly if you return a lot. We could have a fiery debate about preseason or early season polls, but it's clear positioning is important. Beating UConn has put us in a very good position with pollsters and may allow us to absorb a loss early and still be in the hunt, such as 2008.

Mississippi Sooner
7/7/2011, 10:15 AM
I would only like to chime in with the obligatory "I'm sick of the Fiesta Bowl tie-in" comment. Seems like time after time we get stuck with the type of opponent that, if we win, we should have, if we lose, we're a laughingstock.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/7/2011, 10:19 AM
i am kinda at a crossroads here i have two different point of views, one is that its a 1 because we SHOULD be there and SHOULD WIN EVERY year so its not really that huge because we expect it. it is only huge if we dont do it.
also at the same point its huge to dominate a conference and go to a BCS game almost every year so i guess i cant answer just thought id share my opinions.

Jacie
7/7/2011, 10:58 AM
I still haven't figured out what this thread is about.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2011, 11:10 AM
I would only like to chime in with the obligatory "I'm sick of the Fiesta Bowl tie-in" comment. Seems like time after time we get stuck with the type of opponent that, if we win, we should have, if we lose, we're a laughingstock.

Part of that perception is being OU under Bob Stoops - people always think we should win. If people thought that about the WVU game it was a bad perception. Both teams were elite and both were within 1 injury game of playing for it all (Bradford against TT, White against Pitt). White was probably the best dual threat QB since Holieway and Bradford the best passing QB since Peyton Manning. The only truly bad matchup we've gotten was against Uconn last year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/7/2011, 12:37 PM
I would only like to chime in with the obligatory "I'm sick of the Fiesta Bowl tie-in" comment. Seems like time after time we get stuck with the type of opponent that, if we win, we should have, if we lose, we're a laughingstock.dittos. Heck, I live here and get to see OU play the Fiesta for cheap, but the opponents are always like you say.