PDA

View Full Version : Is OU opening up @ TCU next year?

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 04:18 PM
I know that on soonersports.com they have Notre Dame listed as a non-conference game but I've been hearing TCU advertise this game in newly renovated Amen G. Carter stadium. Any other DFW residents heard this or does anyone know something I apparently don't know?

Mad Dog Madsen
7/6/2011, 04:22 PM
Yes... Don't have a source or link but we do play them in 2012.

badger
7/6/2011, 04:22 PM
I don't think we'll do very many away non-conference games here on out. Too much money to lose. We have some big names on our schedule down the road, but with the Big 12 schedule now having five home, four away (or four home, five away), I don't see the Big 12 having many home-and-homes here on out. Creampuffs that want big checks will be more lucrative.

FtwTxSooner
7/6/2011, 04:24 PM
I've heard that same radio advertisement.

TCU also lists us on their future schedule for 2012, though no specific date yet.

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/tcu-future-schedule.html

Ruf/Nek7
7/6/2011, 04:27 PM
I just look forward to the opportunity to go to this game. I go to the OU/Tcu baseball game here in Ft. Worth every year. It is fun, but doesn't have the lust that football provides.

I don't think we'll do very many away non-conference games here on out. Too much money to lose. We have some big names on our schedule down the road, but with the Big 12 schedule now having five home, four away (or four home, five away), I don't see the Big 12 having many home-and-homes here on out. Creampuffs that want big checks will be more lucrative.

From what I've seen, some of our future opponents are ND, Tenn, and Ohio State. That is all the way up to 2019. I guess the other non-conference games will be lincoln tech and Devry.

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 04:28 PM
I just look forward to the opportunity to go to this game. I go to the OU/Tcu baseball game here in Ft. Worth every year. It is fun, but doesn't have the lust that football provides.

From what I've seen, some of our future opponents are ND, Tenn, and Ohio State. That is all the way up to 2019. I guess the other non-conference games will be lincoln tech and Devry.

And Nebraska in 2020 and 2021.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/6/2011, 04:33 PM

And USC in 2088 and 2089.

the-rover
7/6/2011, 04:36 PM
Future schedules..........

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=2011

LittleElmSooner
7/6/2011, 04:49 PM
In 2020, at Army???

Really, we needed to do a home and home with West Point?

C'mon....

JLEW1818
7/6/2011, 04:55 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

i think it would be pretty cool

IndySooner
7/6/2011, 04:55 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

That's one I'm looking most forward to!

sooner ngintunr
7/6/2011, 04:57 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

Seems like an awesome game to attend. (@WP)

the-rover
7/6/2011, 04:58 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

Why not? Great exposure in the east. We did one with the Air Force Academy.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/6/2011, 04:59 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

I guess I'll join the club... This would be a cool game. I'm looking forward to this! :D

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 05:01 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

My turn. I like it. Maybe Army isn't an amzing team, but we played AFA and that was definitely cool so playing Army should be just as fun.

texaspokieokie
7/6/2011, 05:26 PM
My turn. I like it. Maybe Army isn't an amzing team, but we played AFA and that was definitely cool so playing Army should be just as fun.

AFA was almost TOO good.

101sooner
7/6/2011, 05:51 PM
In 2020, at Army???

C'mon....

That's a great home and home. Can't wait to go to West Point.

tcrb
7/6/2011, 05:55 PM
Dont we also have a home/home with lsu in the near future?

yermom
7/6/2011, 06:00 PM
West Point should be an awesome road trip

i don't think our scheduling changes too much, other than it being less likely to see two BCS OOC teams in a year because of the ninth conference game

Salt City Sooner
7/6/2011, 06:09 PM

Check out rover's link.

SoonerNomad
7/6/2011, 07:02 PM

Yes. 2018 (Norman) and 2019 (Baton Rouge)

Hopefully Jerry Jones fails in his attempt to move one or both of the games to Dallas.

silverwheels
7/6/2011, 07:26 PM
Army's stadium overlooks the Hudson and has one of the best views in college football. Too bad we won't be up there in October.

http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/Independent/Army/aerial.jpg

http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/Independent/Army/interior.jpg

Soonermagik
7/6/2011, 08:38 PM
I hope they schedule USC!!!

Salt City Sooner
7/6/2011, 09:18 PM
I hope they schedule USC!!!
Highly doubt it. Stoops said after the Oregon fiasco that they wouldn't be scheduling any Pac-10 teams until they dropped their policy of having Pac-10 refs do home OOC's. That offseason, the Pac-10 voted to keep said policy in place.

Captain Obvious
7/6/2011, 11:08 PM
No one has answered the question yet. Yes we play at TCU in 2012, no it is not our opener, unless we end up with two byes. Look for a paycheck in week 1 then a conference game (KSU?) then TCU I think. I could be off but I was thinking TCU was week 3. Check the soonerstats link for confirmation. The other schedule quirk is we have both KSU and Notre Dame scheduled for same day in October.

Salt City Sooner
7/7/2011, 07:06 AM
W/ Beebe imploring the remaining teams to schedule stronger OOC's from here on, I'd think it'd have to be KSU getting moved from that date. No way would he want anything to interfere with a game that had the national magnitude of OU-ND. That's a truckload of TV sets that'll be tuning in for that one.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/7/2011, 08:59 AM
No one has answered the question yet.

Maybe you should see post #2 Captain Obvious...

cjames317
7/7/2011, 12:31 PM
It'll be TCU's home opener and grand opening of their stadium renovations. It'll be a big deal, especially if both teams do well this year.