PDA

View Full Version : my boss

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2011, 08:29 AM
is pretty awesome - there isnt ANYTHING about our job that he doesnt know - i've never left his office with an unanswered question - and the way he shares information is always as a "teacher"

what about you? is your boss a dud or a stud?

Mississippi Sooner
7/6/2011, 08:34 AM
My boss has a pool and a pond. He lets me come over and swim in the pond. That's pretty awesome.

JLEW1818
7/6/2011, 08:37 AM
too many of them

royalfan5
7/6/2011, 08:38 AM
My boss tripped over his own two feet on a breakaway run against Oklahoma State.

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 08:39 AM
was formerlly known as Mr. X on the MidSouth rasslin' circuit, shaves his head and arms and dyes his goatee black. He's in his late 50s or early 60s We don't have much in common.

GDC
7/6/2011, 08:39 AM
I better not comment on my boss until the election is decided.

soonerinabilene
7/6/2011, 08:43 AM
My boss was hired because the zone we are located in needed more diversity, so no, I have no idea what you are talking about. He is my 4th boss in the 3 years ive been here, so im sure I wont have to put up with him much longer, but having a boss who only got the job because he isnt a white male is the worst work enviroment ive ever been in.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2011, 09:18 AM
My boss tripped over his own two feet on a breakaway run against Oklahoma State.

Kejuan Jones?

royalfan5
7/6/2011, 09:27 AM
Kejuan Jones?

My boss played for Nebraska.

Mongo
7/6/2011, 09:30 AM
my future boss is a ****ing doosh

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 09:54 AM
is he handsome?

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2011, 09:56 AM
tall and handsome

3rdgensooner
7/6/2011, 09:57 AM
My boss is me. And I am the quintessential leader.

jkjsooner
7/6/2011, 09:58 AM
is pretty awesome - there isnt ANYTHING about our job that he doesnt know - i've never left his office with an unanswered question - and the way he shares information is always as a "teacher"

what about you? is your boss a dud or a stud?

My current boss is okay. He's not really one to go to with technical questions (although he is a technical guy) but he's pretty cool. He hasn't fired me yet and with my occasional unprofessional outbursts I'm sure I've deserved it by now. Luckily, I now work from home so if I yell and scream nobody knows I'm doing it...

He says he is there to support us when problems arise but it's mostly talk. That's the one complaint I have.

I've been lucky to have some really good bosses over the years. The best ones you know have your back - unlike those who say that do but really don't.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 10:00 AM
I'm the big boss...and I am damn good...

Wishboned
7/6/2011, 10:04 AM
My boss is great. He shields us from as much of the bs as he can, and he backs us completely when we're in the right.

Probably in the top two managers/directors I've ever had.

thecynic
7/6/2011, 10:08 AM
I are the boss so to speak

OUinFLA
7/6/2011, 10:12 AM
my future boss is a ****ing doosh

Ive decided I do not need your services, don't come to work tomorrow.

Cheez-It
7/6/2011, 10:14 AM
My boss is me. And I am the quintessential leader.

Don't forget HAWT!!

badger
7/6/2011, 10:23 AM
I am like the Office Space dude - I have many bosses

3rdgensooner
7/6/2011, 10:24 AM
Don't forget HAWT!!Drop it like it's ?

NormanPride
7/6/2011, 10:43 AM
My boss is a micro-manager.

soonercruiser
7/6/2011, 10:54 AM
Since I'm semi-retired, the wiffie is the big boss!
:D

Cheez-It
7/6/2011, 11:06 AM
I work for an incredible company. I have had to miss several days of work and they have been nothing but compassionate and utterly understanding. My CEO even made a phone call to see if he could get an appointment made for me even sooner. It helps that I am hard working and have a “brilliant personality”.

Pozey
7/6/2011, 11:09 AM
I work for an incredible company. I have had to miss several days of work and they have been nothing but compassionate and utterly understanding. My CEO even made a phone call to see if he could get an appointment made for me even sooner. It helps that I am hard working and have a “brilliant personality”.

Also:

Don't forget HAWT!!

oudavid1
7/6/2011, 11:16 AM
My boss(s) are pretty cool. They usually are chewing on someone but seem to like me.

IndySooner
7/6/2011, 11:20 AM
I have had two bosses in a row (actually three, but one wasn't for long) that were/are great. It's good that I've had some REALLY bad bosses and some great bosses to give me an idea of what to do and what NOT to do.

Now that I'm starting my own company, I feel like I've seen all kinds. Hopefully, I'll be the good kind.

My Opinion Matters
7/6/2011, 11:21 AM
My boss is a nice guy, but he's in over his head. I work for a small, privately-owned company and in the three years I've been here I've witnessed a staggering degree of nepotism, and he's been one of the main beneficiaries of it. He's clueless about what my job actually entails, he just knows that it's valuable. On the positive side, I'm afforded an unprecedented degree of autonomy and trust because my boss is clueless about what I do. On the negative side, when a situation arises where the problem can't be handled in-house it's like trying to explain to Aggies the benefits of dental hygiene.

Sooner Tri
7/6/2011, 11:24 AM
My current boss is a man, so I'm willing to tolerate all his faults to keep it that way.

soonerchk
7/6/2011, 11:30 AM
My clients are the bosses of me. Some of them are better than others.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:33 AM
I work for an incredible Company and I am the boss of me.

My Opinion Matters
7/6/2011, 11:46 AM
I work for an incredible Company and I am the boss of me.

Olevet Posse, LLC?

Jammin'
7/6/2011, 12:10 PM
My boss is my brother, we get along really well. (I guess that's not always the case, but this time it is.) The rest of "them" work for us.

Blue
7/6/2011, 01:12 PM
My boss is a nice guy, but he's in over his head. I work for a small, privately-owned company and in the three years I've been here I've witnessed a staggering degree of nepotism, and he's been one of the main beneficiaries of it. He's clueless about what my job actually entails, he just knows that it's valuable. On the positive side, I'm afforded an unprecedented degree of autonomy and trust because my boss is clueless about what I do. On the negative side, when a situation arises where the problem can't be handled in-house it's like trying to explain to Aggies the benefits of dental hygiene.

So you're not only better than everybody here, but also at work? ;)

My Opinion Matters
7/6/2011, 01:25 PM
So you're not only better than everybody here, but also at work? ;)

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm better than everyone here, I would just say I'm better at posting than everyone here. There's a distinction to be made there.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2011, 01:25 PM
My boss is a micro-manager.

apparently not enough ;)

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 01:31 PM
Olevet Posse, LLC?

Nope Bao LLC.

NormanPride
7/6/2011, 01:34 PM
apparently not enough ;)
Ah, but he actually threatened to monitor our internet usage the second week he was our boss. Whatever.

MelloYello
7/6/2011, 07:09 PM
Uh huh. So that's an average day for you, then?
No doubt.
You chop your balls off and die?
Hell yeah.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:12 PM
Back in the Day.....this Boss I had had great tits.

GKeeper316
7/6/2011, 07:54 PM
i've only ever had one boss that i respected and liked working for.

he was a poke.

IndySooner
7/6/2011, 09:26 PM
i've only ever had one boss that i respected and liked working for.

he was a poke.

Mine's a Horn. He threatens to fire me every October but he never follows through.

SoCaliSooner
7/6/2011, 09:35 PM
I have a few different chiefs and most are cool and very kick back. I socialize with a few outside work and it always helps out when they promote.

MeMyself&Me
7/6/2011, 09:40 PM
My current boss is the first I've worked for that I can say is good after 3 years. Always finds a way to accommodate what I need and more than just listens to what I have to say professionally. I will say that I'm underpaid for my experience but I'm so much happier with this job than any I've had in the past (largely due to the boss), that I'm hesitant to jump elsewhere. The wife says I'm easier to deal with when I come home from work too.

Now, I've had a boss that was soooo bad that there's no way he would make it into that summer comedy cause it just wasn't funny.