PDA

View Full Version : So I am down south for the next two weeks....

soonervegas
7/5/2011, 08:49 PM
And I am knee deep in Bama, Auburn, Florida, and LSU fans. Most have been nothing but cool, but I actually had an LSU fan say to me today (100% dead serious) OU is pretty good for a non-SEC team.

I sure hope OU gets to end "the streak" and it would be nice yo do it in a convincing fashion.

tcrb
7/5/2011, 09:01 PM
My reply to cocky lsu fans: "When your team has more national championships than the Minnesota Gophers, look me up and we'll try this conversation again."
;)

mavsfan31
7/5/2011, 09:09 PM
I was always under the impression that LSU fans generally respected OU.

tcrb
7/5/2011, 09:11 PM
I was always under the impression that LSU fans generally respected OU.

Haven't met that guy yet.

Soonermagik
7/5/2011, 09:28 PM
Why would LSU be cocky about OU? They had home field advantage in the championship game and barely won. I think most teams respect OU.

Herr Scholz
7/5/2011, 09:28 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xccz5qvv0AI/0.jpg

tfoolry
7/5/2011, 09:58 PM
Haven't met that guy yet.

That's because there must only be one. Every lsu idiot I see points at me & screams TIGER BAIT after they see my OU hat. Haven't seen too many lately though as I think most finally got their insurance checks and went back to LA.

PalmBeachSooner
7/6/2011, 01:00 PM
Why would LSU be cocky about OU? They had home field advantage in the championship game and barely won. I think most teams respect OU.

I was listening to some sports radio talk show in Louisiana and some ****** nozzle called in singing the praises of the SEC 'cause LSU 'dominated' OU in the chapionship game.

badger
7/6/2011, 01:35 PM
LSU fans would have probably been more tolerable if the national title wasn't on the line and the game wasn't in their backyard.

However, I have no intention of making a Baton Rouge road trip ever, even if OU is playing, which I know is right around the corner.

agoo758
7/6/2011, 04:43 PM
LSU fans actually respect us for the most part. I still don't like them however.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/6/2011, 04:45 PM
F*CK LSU!

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 04:47 PM
F*CK LSU!

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4995/128973448987019985.jpg

Fraggle145
7/6/2011, 05:00 PM
That's because there must only be one. Every lsu idiot I see points at me & screams TIGER BAIT after they see my OU hat. Haven't seen too many lately though as I think most finally got their insurance checks and went back to LA.

Its "Tigah Bait." You are giving those pieces of trash too much credit.

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 05:02 PM
Its "Tigah Bait." You are giving those pieces of trash too much credit.

The they scream Geaux Tigers and pour beer on your head.

CrimsonCommando
7/6/2011, 05:14 PM
Due to the ****ty treatment we got in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl at the hands of LSU fans, and the way they treated other Sooners, I would not go to the absolute butthole that is New Orleans with the prospect of playing LSU ever again. I wouldn't go even if we had free tickets and Switzer was going to be our wingman.

tcrb
7/6/2011, 06:00 PM

The bastads are still thick as maggots on road kill here in Houston.

Fraggle145
7/6/2011, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't go even if we had free tickets...

Maybe not for this...

...Switzer was going to be our wingman.

...But I definitely would go for this.

goingoneight
7/6/2011, 10:25 PM
Somehow, I seriously doubt if we're on a roll and unbeaten, headed for NOLA against LSU that our fans wouldn't be amped up about going. It's shathole places like Lubbock durign the regular season that I have no interest in, personally.

mightysooner
7/7/2011, 01:25 AM
I was listening to some sports radio talk show in Louisiana and some ****** nozzle called in singing the praises of the SEC 'cause LSU 'dominated' OU in the chapionship game.

They did dominate us until the 4th quarter.

As far as respect goes, I think we saw during the conference break up of last year how revered we are nationally. There wasn't a conference out there that wouldn't clamor to have us including the mighty SEC itself. I read many forums of SEC fans salivating and gushing at the thought of us possibly coming aboard even though it was never on the table. We aren't lacking in national respect.....at all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/7/2011, 02:00 AM
They(LSU) did dominate us until the 4th quarter.

Our QB had a gimp throwing hand, left over from our first brain-dead game, against purple aggy in the CCG. In the sugar Bowl NCG, our OC went brain-dead after we ran deep into tigerbait territory, late in the game. FWIW, we coulda won.