PDA

View Full Version : "One Mizzou"

MO_Sooner
7/5/2011, 08:17 PM
Living here in Misery, and having to listen to all these Tiger fans talk about
how "great" their football program is is bad enough, but now I guess the new slogan for their football program (according to the commercial on Fox Sports Midwest I just saw) is "ONE MIZZOU".
I guess it got under my skin b/c of being an OU fan and knowing we've got "There's Only ONE Oklahoma" (and it's a slow time in college sports).
So now when I watch the St. Louis Cardinals play, I have to see this commercial throughout the game.

ATX Sooner
7/5/2011, 08:29 PM
At least you don't have to suffer through the incessant commercials for the Longhorn Network featuring Mack Brown's whiny voice like I have to here in Austin.

SoonerofAlabama
7/5/2011, 08:36 PM
Was it this:

2XCt0HxIrLk&feature=related

Herr Scholz
7/5/2011, 08:41 PM
At least you don't have to suffer through the incessant commercials for the Longhorn Network featuring Mack Brown's whiny voice like I have to here in Austin.

You're free to leave anytime.

tcrb
7/5/2011, 08:41 PM
Baseball is boring as hell anyway. Take up gardening or something to get you through the summer and you wont have to suffer through those hideous commercials.

MO_Sooner
7/5/2011, 09:47 PM
Was it this:

2XCt0HxIrLk&feature=related

That would be the one.

tfoolry
7/5/2011, 09:49 PM
When it comes to Misery, "There's only one Party Cove" would be much more appropriate.

SoonerofAlabama
7/5/2011, 09:54 PM
That would be the one.

Watched it one time, already annoyed by it.

BoomerJ
7/5/2011, 10:13 PM
Was that Mr. Magoo?

tfoolry
7/5/2011, 10:17 PM
Was that Mr. Magoo?

Not sure but that ad inspired me to go out and buy a Frosty.

A Sooner in Texas
7/5/2011, 10:36 PM

But he's one of the few things classin' up the joint.

GKeeper316
7/5/2011, 10:36 PM
boren should sue em for copyright infringement.

silverwheels
7/5/2011, 10:43 PM
"Cradle of Wide Receivers" and "Den of Defensive Ends"

LMAO.

Football Jim
7/5/2011, 10:54 PM

LMAO.

:D

SoonerofAlabama
7/5/2011, 11:00 PM

Is it this:

jto2_cGakNk&feature=related

Sorry to post the Longhorn stuff.

Here watch this:

doIMMfb47s4

PujolsFan
7/6/2011, 07:55 AM
I'm a huge Cards fan... and I'm tired of seeing all the "Mizzou" football commercials during the broadcasts as well! Guess I'll just keep muting the TV and getting up during commercial breaks... ;)

We all know There's ONLY 1 OKLAHOMA!!!

badger
7/6/2011, 08:05 AM
Remember last time there was "one" Mizzou?

http://atomicteeth.fantake.com/files/2010/10/Daniel-SI.jpg

Soonerwake
7/6/2011, 08:07 AM

Pot, meet kettle..

soonerboy_odanorth
7/6/2011, 08:26 AM

Mizzou is an aggie school? :confused:

Mississippi Sooner
7/6/2011, 08:40 AM
Mizzou is an aggie school? :confused:

Well, their biggest rival is Kansas, so...

cvsooner
7/6/2011, 10:58 AM
I always thought 'one missouri' is what you did when you didn't have a stopwatch. 'One missouri, two missouri, three missouri,'...

SoonerOX
7/6/2011, 11:26 AM

Can they beat Oklahoma? Nope...not that time.

OUstud
7/6/2011, 12:35 PM
Chase Daniel still sucks.

NOVSooner
7/6/2011, 12:47 PM
i wish we could do something in our intro video this year when mizzOU comes to town to let them know there's only one, and that one is OU!

SteelClip49
7/6/2011, 01:01 PM
Missouri had the 1960 national championship locked up until they lost to Kansas. But, KU was later found guilty of an ineligible player therefore forfeited the win and went to Mizzou. But it was too late for Mizzou to have any shot at the national title.

Ole Miss (10-0-1)= NOPE
Missouri (11-0-0)= NOPE
Minnesota (8-2-0)= Yes!!!! Both Polls!

Sooner Among The Pack
7/6/2011, 02:34 PM

Let's help SI answer their question. Everyone, all together...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1448542.jpeg

NO!

Didn't get that memo? Ok SI, again...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/1587861.jpeg

NO! :D

badger
7/6/2011, 02:37 PM
Lofton says "Chase, if you toss me the ball, I'll give you a piggyback ride" :D

GDC
7/6/2011, 02:58 PM

As you are free to leave SoonerFans...

badger
7/6/2011, 03:17 PM
When you Google "Mizzou SI covers" you get that one I already posted and this one:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v262/167/47/21654332234/n21654332234_658740_2313.jpg

Google "Oklahoma SI cover" and get a ton, even a basketball one:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-baskbl/auto_phototransfer/2485529.jpeg

Anways, like you all already said repeatedly, there's no "One" in Mizzou. Or Tigers.

Octavian
7/6/2011, 03:25 PM
^^
but there is an OU ;)

We've won 17 straight games against them in Norman. Last loss in 1966. They've won twice at Owen Field since WWII.

It'll be really good to see Mizzou in Norman again this year....

Lott's Bandana
7/6/2011, 05:30 PM
My comment on Youtube:

This is a blatant ripoff of Oklahoma's "There's only ONE Oklahoma", football intro video that has been accompanying the Sooners onto Owen Field since 2005.
Search it on youtube, there are plenty of them.

So disappointing from a journalism school...plagiarism? Really?

AlboSooner
7/6/2011, 05:35 PM
Has the Big 10 called yet?

Herr Scholz
7/6/2011, 06:08 PM
As you are free to leave SoonerFans...

Hey, GDC, long time. No, I like coming over here. I especially don't go somewhere on purpose and then complain about being there.

GDC
7/6/2011, 09:10 PM
Hey Herr, how's it hanging?

You are the one hardcore whorn left around here, except a few weeks before and after the game in October.:texan:

Pricetag
7/6/2011, 11:01 PM
When they speak of the "magical" season of 2010, what was magical about it? Beating us? They didn't even make the Big 12 CCG.

soonerloyal
7/6/2011, 11:01 PM

Unfortunately, I can remember this, too.

http://oudaily.com/news/2010/oct/24/football-sooners-fall-missouri/

:(

But it will be a distinct pleasure to give them 1 massive asswhoopin' come 24 September. I hope Mizzou has 1 helluva disappointment from start to finish.

ATX Sooner
7/7/2011, 08:15 PM

I would, but I kinda like it here. In fact, most of my friends are UT fans and I'm cool with that...it makes for fun times during football season. I just can't stand the hideous shade of orange all over town. Or Mack Brown's whiny voice.

ATX Sooner
7/7/2011, 08:29 PM
Hey, GDC, long time. No, I like coming over here. I especially don't go somewhere on purpose and then complain about being there.

Hey Herr...what I don't like about Austin pales in comparison what I do like about it. Last time I checked, I am free to have my opinion. If you want to be a d-bag, go post on Shaggy.

Herr Scholz
7/7/2011, 11:08 PM
Fair enough. You're welcome to your opinion but I'm not. Got it. Thanks.

Herr Scholz
7/8/2011, 01:11 AM
Hey Herr, how's it hanging?

You are the one hardcore whorn left around here, except a few weeks before and after the game in October.:texan:

I'm usually too on edge to post before the game and afterwards don't want to be a bad sport if we win or can't speak English due to my drunken binges if we lose.

GDC
7/8/2011, 11:38 AM
I have always appreciated that you will smack back if smacked upon, but usually are here talking sports in a civil manner.

badger
7/8/2011, 12:12 PM
Speaking of UT and Mizzou, I remember that big streak of games a few years back where Poke State was dying to host gameday, and either OU, Mizzou, or UT stole it each week from them.

(they eventually did host that season... the infamous plane banner game that we won 61-41 in Stilly)

SoonerofAlabama
7/8/2011, 12:16 PM
Why didn't they just stick with "Welcome To The Zou"? It was so clever. ;) :D

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2167/cybergroupanddisneyplay.jpg

Soonerjeepman
7/8/2011, 01:47 PM

ummm.....NO~ (sorry was answering the question on the cover...)

OUmillenium
7/8/2011, 05:23 PM

Longhorn sighting...happens about every 5-7 days

LRoss
7/8/2011, 06:18 PM
While we're on the University of Missouri and spelling. . .

Has it ever occurred to anybody else that "Mizzou" -- there aren't any z's in Missouri. Unless you're trying to shorten the state name while you're looking in the mirror, you've just taken off the last couple letters and changed the s's to z's. It makes no sense and to me seems flat-out incorrect. For an institution of higher learning to change "Missouri" to "Mizzou" and put it on their uni's? And a journalism school no less? I just don't get it.

OU_Sooners75
7/8/2011, 07:58 PM
Chase Daniel still sucks.

I don't know a Chase Daniel. I do know a Booger Daniel. :D

SoonerofAlabama
7/8/2011, 08:01 PM
kEW8_KVhDFE

OU_Sooners75
7/8/2011, 08:04 PM
Fair enough. You're welcome to your opinion but I'm not. Got it. Thanks.

Still the classic d-bag.
If you are going to be condescending why not stop coming around?

Actually I am surprised that you are back here. Long time no see. That 5-7 football season frustration finally going away?

OU_Sooners75
7/8/2011, 08:11 PM
While we're on the University of Missouri and spelling. . .

Has it ever occurred to anybody else that "Mizzou" -- there aren't any z's in Missouri. Unless you're trying to shorten the state name while you're looking in the mirror, you've just taken off the last couple letters and changed the s's to z's. It makes no sense and to me seems flat-out incorrect. For an institution of higher learning to change "Missouri" to "Mizzou" and put it on their uni's? And a journalism school no less? I just don't get it.

I am in no way a Missouri Tigger fan, but I think it has to do with MU and Missouri U.

Pronounce Missouri and the s's sound like z's.

It is something they started in the late 1980s or before, for basketball.

LRoss
7/8/2011, 11:08 PM
I am in no way a Missouri Tigger fan, but I think it has to do with MU and Missouri U.

Pronounce Missouri and the s's sound like z's.

It is something they started in the late 1980s or before, for basketball.

They sound like z's, sure. I get that.

But by that logic we would have Arkansa (Arcansaw?), Illinoi (Illenoy?), Mizzouri (Mizoori?), and I'd say those would all look ridiculous. If Connecticut left the middle c out of their name to spell "Conneticut" on their jerseys because you don't really hear it when you pronounce the word, we'd all think that was ridiculous, too. There just aren't any z's in Missouri!

goingoneight
7/8/2011, 11:31 PM
There's a lot of retarded things in sports.

1. Flaming logos
2. Conferences with numbers in their title that have nothing to do with the current amount of teams in said conference.
3. Geographics of certain teams in certain conferences (TCU in the BIG EAST?!?)
4. The BCS
5. The NCAA
6. :stunned:
7. Excessive celebration penalties
8. Players bragging about what conference they play in after winning a National Championship for THEIR SCHOOL.
9. Fans who believe anything but football makes the rules in college athletics
10. Perrennial losers who fire great coaches because heaven forbid they can't win the Orange Bowl EVERY year (Hello KU?).
11. Having a series of bowl games called a "Championship Series" where only one matchup determines a champion.
12. 6-6 teams getting to bowl games.
13. Orange uniforms.
14. The belief that every team must have a retarded-looking costumed freak with a giant styrofoam head to represent their "mascot" instead of something cool like Ralphie, the Schooner or the SUC Trojan dood.
15. Football off-season
16. The vast majority of know-it-all fans.
17. Words like "creatify" and "trickeration."
18. Keeping the BIG 12-2 instead of taking the offer to go west.
19. "Throwback" uniforms your team never wore not even once before in its history.
20. Recruiting national championships
21. Asterisks
22. Blaming seven losses on "not having fun."
23. Sean McDonough having a job calling games (snooze)
24. Vince Young
25. The belief that one's favorite team is above any and all things shady when it comes to getting talented players on the field to win games.

LRoss
7/9/2011, 12:12 AM
Ok, so that's a fair point.

Or 25 of them.