PDA

View Full Version : Does this meet YOUR definition of success?

tcrb
7/5/2011, 03:37 PM
Link (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-s-economists-stimulus-has-cost-278000-job_576014.html)

Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job
The stimulus is now causing the economy to shed jobs.
12:07 PM, Jul 3, 2011 • By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

When the Obama administration releases a report on the Friday before a long weekend, it’s clearly not trying to draw attention to the report’s contents. Sure enough, the “Seventh Quarterly Report” on the economic impact of the “stimulus,” released on Friday, July 1, provides further evidence that President Obama’s economic “stimulus” did very little, if anything, to stimulate the economy, and a whole lot to stimulate the debt.
obama walks alone

The report was written by the White House’s Council of Economic Advisors, a group of three economists who were all handpicked by Obama, and it chronicles the alleged success of the “stimulus” in adding or saving jobs. The council reports that, using “mainstream estimates of economic multipliers for the effects of fiscal stimulus” (which it describes as a “natural way to estimate the effects of” the legislation), the “stimulus” has added or saved just under 2.4 million jobs — whether private or public — at a cost (to date) of $666 billion. That’s a cost to taxpayers of $278,000 per job.

In other words, the government could simply have cut a $100,000 check to everyone whose employment was allegedly made possible by the “stimulus,” and taxpayers would have come out $427 billion ahead.

Furthermore, the council reports that, as of two quarters ago, the “stimulus” had added or saved just under 2.7 million jobs — or 288,000 more than it has now. In other words, over the past six months, the economy would have added or saved more jobs without the “stimulus” than it has with it. In comparison to how things would otherwise have been, the “stimulus” has been working in reverse over the past six months, causing the economy to shed jobs.

Again, this is the verdict of Obama’s own Council of Economic Advisors, which is about as much of a home-field ruling as anyone could ever ask for. In truth, it’s quite possible that by borrowing an amount greater than the regular defense budget or the annual cost of Medicare, and then spending it mostly on Democratic constituencies rather than in a manner genuinely designed to stimulate the economy, Obama’s “stimulus” has actually undermined the economy’s recovery — while leaving us (thus far) $666 billion deeper in debt.

The actual employment numbers from the administration’s own Bureau of Labor Statistics show that the unemployment rate was 7.3 percent when the “stimulus” was being debated. It has since risen to 9.1 percent. Meanwhile, the national debt at the end of 2008, when Obama was poised to take office, was $9.986 trillion (see Table S-9). It’s now $14.467 trillion — and counting.

All sides agree on these incriminating numbers — and now they also appear to agree on this important point: The economy would now be generating job growth at a faster rate if the Democrats hadn’t passed the “stimulus.”

It sure doesn't meet mine.

The Profit
7/5/2011, 03:54 PM
The author of that story is Jeffrey H. Anderson, a right wing hack, who writes only for conservative publications. There is no credibility with him. Try again.

OUMallen
7/5/2011, 03:56 PM
In other words, the government could simply have cut a $100,000 check to everyone whose employment was allegedly made possible by the “stimulus,” and taxpayers would have come out $427 billion ahead.

As if all we needed to figure out the economy were arithmetic.

REDREX
7/5/2011, 04:01 PM
Obama needs to send the SEALS after his economic advisors

soonerscuba
7/5/2011, 04:06 PM
Given that the stimulus was 30% tax cuts, isn't this a tacit acknowledgement that tax cuts are deficit positive?

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 04:06 PM
Obama needs to send the SEALS after his economic advisors

Beat me to it. :D

yermom
7/5/2011, 04:26 PM

As if all we needed to figure out the economy were arithmetic.

then after they wasted the money on hookers and blow, what would they do next year?

sappstuf
7/5/2011, 05:14 PM
I will just base Obama on what he said he should be judged on.

SmRgaKfWMPA&

He said he had 3 years.. He is at 2 years, 5 and a half months..

I'm sure he has just been sandbagging and he will fix everything in the next 6 months. :rolleyes:

sappstuf
7/5/2011, 05:14 PM
then after they wasted the money on hookers and blow, what would they do next year?

Stop paying their mortgages and continue the hookers and blow.

REDREX
7/5/2011, 05:22 PM
The author of that story is Jeffrey H. Anderson, a right wing hack, who writes only for conservative publications. There is no credibility with him. Try again.---I believe the numbers came from Barack's Coucil of Economic Advisors---- Which for sure has no credibility

Serge Ibaka
7/5/2011, 05:23 PM
---I believe the numbers came from Barack's Coucil of Economic Advisors---- Which for sure has no credibility

It's funny because you don't like Obama, and you will someday vote in another direction.

hahahahahahahahahaha

yermom
7/5/2011, 05:25 PM
Stop paying their mortgages and continue the hookers and blow.

with no jobs?

sappstuf
7/5/2011, 05:29 PM
with no jobs?

99 weekers! ;)

tcrb
7/5/2011, 06:15 PM
The author of that story is Jeffrey H. Anderson, a right wing hack, who writes only for conservative publications. There is no credibility with him. Try again.

Right wing hack or left wing quack, he's only summarizing information that is in obama's own report. There's a link to it in the article if you want to confirm accuracy. Try again.

SpankyNek
7/5/2011, 06:17 PM
I really thought about not posting this because people will state the whole "stop blaming Bush" comments.....

However, if you were to calculate how much money we paid per job LOST in W's last two terms, it would dwarf these numbers.

yermom
7/5/2011, 06:31 PM
Right wing hack or left wing quack, he's only summarizing information that is in obama's own report. There's a link to it in the article if you want to confirm accuracy. Try again.

but he says crap like "if we paid every American $100k..."

that really does nothing compared to job creation

let's not pretend it's some facts only bias free article

sappstuf
7/5/2011, 06:32 PM
I really thought about not posting this because people will state the whole "stop blaming Bush" comments.....

However, if you were to calculate how much money we paid per job LOST in W's last two terms, it would dwarf these numbers.

Please clarify how many terms Bush had...

Because I am lazy, I will just post this link (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/may/17/nancy-pelosi/nancy-pelosi-says-more-jobs-created-obamas-first-y/). That ain't a great number, but go ahead and multiple how much you think each job lost was and multiple it by zero and let me know what you get.

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 06:46 PM

Because I am lazy, I will just post this link (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/may/17/nancy-pelosi/nancy-pelosi-says-more-jobs-created-obamas-first-y/). That ain't a great number, but go ahead and multiple how much you think each job lost was and multiple it by zero and let me know what you get.

I'm too fukkking lazy to read the entirety of any political bullshot, but did that cont say in the provided link that the tax cuts for the wealthiest work for Obama but not for W?

yermom
7/5/2011, 06:48 PM

Bush is in his third term now ;)

sappstuf
7/5/2011, 06:54 PM
Bush is in his third term now ;)

I think you are on to something.

During 2008 the Democrats warned me that if I voted for McCain that more unilateral wars would occur, debt would explode, taxes for the rich would be extended, the economy would go in the ****ter, GITMO would stay open.... They were RIGHT!!

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 07:05 PM
I think you are on to something.

During 2008 the Democrats warned me that if I voted for McCain that more unilateral wars would occur, debt would explode, taxes for the rich would be extended, the economy would go in the ****ter, GITMO would stay open.... They were RIGHT!!

So you voted D and should have voted R to get the same result?

yermom
7/5/2011, 07:13 PM
sounds like he voted for McCain and got more Bush :D

tcrb
7/5/2011, 07:50 PM
but he says crap like "if we paid every American $100k..."

that really does nothing compared to job creation

let's not pretend it's some facts only bias free article

I think you may have overlooked the intended sarcasm.

Of course...when confronted with meaningful facts, play the boosh card. If that doesn't work, play the racist card. This tactic is getting so old. Sure, Bush screwed the pooch, but let's not forget that obama promised to fix everything with his hope n change. Sorry, but the chickens are beginning to roost and the rainbow dust and unicorn milk hasn't done much to make things any better. I dont usually start these political threads, but the reason I posted this article was because its foundation was in obama's own report. You can make all the excuses you want, or even deny the facts, but there's beginning to be a lot of evidence come to light that obama and the democrat's stimulus bill was the biggest boondogle of all time and was nothing more than a political payback scheme.

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 08:08 PM
I think you may have overlooked the intended sarcasm.

Of course...........the democrat's stimulus bill was the biggest boondogle of all time and was nothing more than a political payback scheme.

Not the most expensive however, IMHO that was on my buddy with trillions spent for airlines following a mandate (but GW has us pay), a couple of towers that couldn't hold their burning fuel, a few media/govt proclaimed NY "heroes", some WMDs, "feedom" for people I don't even fukkking know or care about when the WMDs were not found. Now, years later, we have a headless corpse and some fish food to show for it. Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

tcrb
7/5/2011, 08:23 PM
Not the most expensive however, IMHO that was on my buddy with trillions spent for airlines following a mandate (but GW has us pay), a couple of towers that couldn't hold their burning fuel, a few media/govt proclaimed NY "heroes", some WMDs, "feedom" for people I don't even fukkking know or care about when the WMDs were not found. Now, years later, we have a headless corpse and some fish food to show for it. Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Again, the blame boosh card. As I recall, > 80% of the nation was behind all of those issues you are reminiscing about. And only a handful of congressmen voted to not go to war (<10 I think?). Easy to sit here 10 years later and have 20/20. But again, this thread isn't about Bush's failures, it's about the massive failure of the stimulus plan. Well, at least it wasn't about Bush until the Blame Bush diversion tactic was employed. How long before someone throws out the racist card?

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 09:16 PM
Again, the blame boosh card. As I recall, > 80% of the nation was behind all of those issues you are reminiscing about. And only a handful of congressmen voted to not go to war (<10 I think?). Easy to sit here 10 years later and have 20/20. But again, this thread isn't about Bush's failures, it's about the massive failure of the stimulus plan. Well, at least it wasn't about Bush until the Blame Bush diversion tactic was employed. How long before someone throws out the racist card?

Hey I'm a multi-millionaire, so I don't give a sh*t. That part of the taxation is loooong gone.

tcrb
7/6/2011, 06:26 AM
If indeed you are a multi-millionaire, you should think about giving a sh*t since you belong the very class of Americans whose income is being targeted by obama and his fellow dems to pay for the massive debt that has been accumulated over the past 5 years, as well as the debt that they want to continue to grow by raising the debt ceiling.