PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony verdict is in

Pages : 1 [2] 3

thecynic
7/5/2011, 09:36 PM
And of course there is going to be an outcry from Nancy Grace and all the media. They now have to take the stance that there was some sort of miscarriage of justice to defend their point of view. THEY can't have been wrong, the jury was wrong.
I wonder if the conviction from the outset by the media had any influence on the jury at all. It's not supposed to but it makes me wonder.

Midtowner
7/5/2011, 09:42 PM
I'm sick of the term "beyond a reasonable doubt"

If you were accused of something you didn't do, you'd probably feel differently.

Soonerfan88
7/5/2011, 09:57 PM
I blame this guy:

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/77523.gif

I love that movie - on my top 5 all time list.

cleller
7/5/2011, 10:07 PM
The jury made the right call based on the evidence presented. I pray someday Caylee gets justice. But I also am enjoying the thought of Nancy Grace having a seizure when the verdicts were read.

I'm curious what kind of justice you think Caylee could get? Casey's own defense has ruled out anyone else being responsible.

JLEW1818
7/5/2011, 10:10 PM
hell is very hot, and everlasting burn.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 10:11 PM
The fact is, the self absorbed c**t managed to lie her way out of justice for brutally murdering a beautiful and innocent 3 year old girl.

Some people forefit their right to live and she should have forefited hers.

End of story.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 10:15 PM
Some of you saying there wasn't enough evidence must not have been paying very close.attention to the case.

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 10:16 PM
hell is very hot, and everlasting burn.

The stud/studs that are going to be servicing her "hunger" in the coming weeks won't GAS and neither will she. :)

Midtowner
7/5/2011, 10:23 PM
Some of you saying there wasn't enough evidence must not have been paying very close.attention to the case.

When the state starts going CSI-to-the-max, as a defense attorney, I'm encouraged. It tells me that their case is **** and that if they had any real solid evidence, they'd come forward with it.

I'm not sure whether you've followed the Amanda Knox case, but scroll down to the comments part of one of those stories. Those Italians are fixated on her looks--she looks angelic, she must be innocent vs. she looks like a demon, we must convict. Seriously, that is how they apparently decide guilt over there.

Here, we use evidence. In this case, the state had behavioral evidence, some DNA from the air evidence, some smell evidence, etc., and they wanted to use that steaming pile of crap to give someone the needle.

You can be convinced all you want to be convinced, and Anthony actually might be guilty. That doesn't matter, because the state actually has to prove that, and it didn't.

And you may think you care about this case and all, because of the murdered child and whatnot... cool. You are passionate about murdered children. Can you name (without Google) one of the other 11 child murder cases going on in that particular jurisdiction in Florida?

87sooner
7/5/2011, 10:33 PM
It was supposed to be a jury, not a lynch mob. This is our judicial system at work. It's the greatest system in the world. That jury knows more about his case than anyone on this board. If they didn't think they proved their case, then we as a society have to accept that. Be pissed all you want, but justice was served. Maybe she killed her little girl, maybe she didn't. But the evidence didn't prove she did according to the laws of our great land and the people who heard more evidence than anyone here did.

lemme guess....you're the guy on the football board telling everyone that didn't play college football they can't criticize the team...

GKeeper316
7/5/2011, 10:33 PM
I do follow all that as without the rules then there is no justice. I did ask earlier if then , did the prosecution just make so many mistakes by letting the Family and the media interfere with making good decisions in nailing her down and making her look like she was a part of a conspiracy to cover up her Daughters death?

i doubt it was any prosecutorial misconduct or mistake... it was simply a lack of physical evidence. all the prosecution had to go on was circumstantial at best.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 10:40 PM
When the state starts going CSI-to-the-max, as a defense attorney, I'm encouraged. It tells me that their case is **** and that if they had any real solid evidence, they'd come forward with it.

I'm not sure whether you've followed the Amanda Knox case, but scroll down to the comments part of one of those stories. Those Italians are fixated on her looks--she looks angelic, she must be innocent vs. she looks like a demon, we must convict. Seriously, that is how they apparently decide guilt over there.

Here, we use evidence. In this case, the state had behavioral evidence, some DNA from the air evidence, some smell evidence, etc., and they wanted to use that steaming pile of crap to give someone the needle.

You can be convinced all you want to be convinced, and Anthony actually might be guilty. That doesn't matter, because the state actually has to prove that, and it didn't.

And you may think you care about this case and all, because of the murdered child and whatnot... cool. You are passionate about murdered children. Can you name (without Google) one of the other 11 child murder cases going on in that particular jurisdiction in Florida?
I can't even name one other case. I can't help what cases the media pick and choose to make the rest of the country aware of, but I will say that each of those cases are as senseless as this one and I hope those kids get the justice this young girl was denied.

As far as the evidence goes...

Almost every piece of evidence points straight to Casey with some basic deductive reasoning and common sense. For example, the hair found in the trunk in the decompositional fluid could not be definitively linked to Caylee but it was definitely of the maternal line. Using the process of elimination, if Casey is alive along with Cindy Anthony plus her mother then the hair has to belong to Caylee. The computer evidence is another example...they couldn't prove Casey did the search but using the process of elimination we know that George was out of town and Cindy at work leaving only Casey.

The rest of the evidence goes about the same way. There is always going to be doubt, but any doubt in this case is simply unreasonable.

A Sooner in Texas
7/5/2011, 10:45 PM
Well that's the real problem because if Casey did kill her daughter to get even with her Mom and Dad or something even more twisted and then covered it up and tried to pin a cover up on her Dad and her Mom testified she looked up Chloroform on the internet to help create chaos or even nail the Dad since he cheated on her....the real truth will never come out and nobody will really ever believe any of it.

Unless her Brother and her made some pact to kill the kid and pin it on her father by saying the kid drown in the pool and Dear Ole Dad covered it up with the animal buryings....

Seriously....it's really hard to think that the child's real murderer will come to justice.

Well, they do say karma is a bitch.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/100000-People-For-Dexter-Morgans-Next-Victim-Casey-Anthony/236170746393993

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 10:48 PM

No I can't but I do think I've heard that the DA had 110 other cases to screw up and starting tomorrow they will be back to work on them and that supposedly children and Women are the highest percentage of murder Victims in our Country.

In this case we had a Women who was the most probable person responsible for the death of the child and we just found her Not Guilty.

Now....if they can't nail that one down why would U have any faith that they are going to be able to nail anyone who doesn't gave 100 witnesses watching the murder?

In my opinion....they need a new DA.

OrlandoSooner
7/5/2011, 10:51 PM
The biggest issue for the prosecution was that no one (outside of the murderer/manslaughter) knows how Caylee died. They couldn't prove that she was chloroformed (Casey); drowned (George); suffocated (Casey), other (who knows). Hard to prove that there was a murder without knowing how the victim died.

Living in Central Florida, this has been in the headlines for 3+ years. I'm not one of the people that has followed the case closely as it is too heartbreaking for me. I have a daughter about the same age, and I can't imagine the callousness required to go on living the wild lifestyle as Casey did when Caylee was "missing" for 30+ days. It just doesn't add up.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 10:52 PM
Well, they do say karma is a bitch.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/100000-People-For-Dexter-Morgans-Next-Victim-Casey-Anthony/236170746393993

Honestly....I don't believe in Karma but I do believe if she did do it or cover it up she has some problems with the man upstairs come Judgement Day.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 10:54 PM
The stud/studs that are going to be servicing her "hunger" in the coming weeks won't GAS and neither will she. :)

I don't see studs servicing her but I do see her maybe pulling a train in Tallahassee with the entire Seminole Defense.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 11:01 PM
No I can't but I do think I've heard that the DA had 110 other cases to screw up and starting tomorrow they will be back to work on them and that supposedly children and Women are the highest percentage of murder Victims in our Country.

In this case we had a Women who was the most probable person responsible for the death of the child and we just found her Not Guilty.

Now....if they can't nail that one down why would U have any faith that they are going to be able to nail anyone who doesn't gave 100 witnesses watching the murder?

Jeff Ashton isn't theDA. The case was prosecuted by the state attorney's office. Ashton and his co counsel ate assistant state attorneys.

Look, I'm obviously not a lawyer so I can't speak to all of the legal mombo jumbo; however, I was a state champion HS and collegiate debater which doesn't amount to much BUT it does mean I can objectively analyze evidence and arguments. My opinion is that the state did the absolute best job they could with the available evidence. They did a truly amazing job at deconstructing the defense's claims, evidence, and witnesses.

Whatever problems existed with this case were not due to anything the state's team did or did not do.

SoCaliSooner
7/5/2011, 11:02 PM

Every case and jury is different. You can't win every case.
You'd be the first guy yelling "you ain't no real Sooner" at people calling for Stoops head after a loss. Right?

AlboSooner
7/5/2011, 11:04 PM
Every case and jury is different. You can't win every case.
You'd be the first guy yelling "you ain't no real Sooner" at people calling for Stoops head after a loss. Right?

but ST wins every argument on the internet, why can't the DA win every case?

SoCaliSooner
7/5/2011, 11:06 PM
but ST wins every argument on the internet, why can't the DA win every case?

I guess this DA is like Stoops against USC.

AlboSooner
7/5/2011, 11:07 PM
I guess this DA is like Stoops against USC.

a night to remember, for sure.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 11:08 PM
Jeff Ashton isn't theDA. The case was prosecuted by the state attorney's office. Ashton and his co counsel ate assistant state attorneys.

Look, I'm obviously not a lawyer so I can't speak to all of the legal mombo jumbo; however, I was a state champion HS and collegiate debater which doesn't amount to much BUT it does mean I can objectively analyze evidence and arguments. My opinion is that the state did the absolute best job they could with the available evidence. They did a truly amazing job at deconstructing the defense's claims, evidence, and witnesses.

Whatever problems existed with this case were not due to anything the state's team did or did not do.

I'm tired. It's been a long day looking for my kids.

Anyway I'm probably wrong using DA but I probably wouldn't have made a comment if that bunch of losers that lined up after getting a statement together after the verdict and basically tried to blame the media some local lawyers or some BS and I forget who else they mentioned but it seemed odd they didn't take ownership of the verdict.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 11:08 PM
ASHTON IS AN ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY NOT THE DA!!

tommieharris91
7/5/2011, 11:11 PM
I still think that the state should have never went after murder 1 when they had no way of showing premeditation. I still think, had they tried for manslaughter as the most severe charge, they would have got it.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 11:11 PM

I understand. I'm guessing your talking to the Master Baiters?

Penguin
7/5/2011, 11:14 PM
The prosecution failed. They had a pro-prosecution judge. They had a death penalty qualified jury, which means that they are able to recommend death and, therefore, is a more conservative and pro-prosecution jury than most juries. So, you can't blame the judge or the jury. You can only blame the prosecution.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 11:14 PM
I still think that the state should have never went after murder 1 when they had no way of showing premeditation. I still think, had they tried for manslaughter as the most severe charge, they would have got it.

Yeah they seemed to have set themselves up for this. I guess they felt maybe the jury would go the otherway and really get pissed from all the lies, finger pointing and lack of responsibility of a Mother, Grandmother and Grandfather for over 30 days of disappearance of the child.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 11:26 PM
I understand. I'm guessing your talking to the Master Baiters?

Debaters do it orally!

...I was screaming at that other poster that said it was the DA.

stevo
7/5/2011, 11:43 PM

I bet you can throw a football over them mountains too

Midtowner
7/5/2011, 11:46 PM

The D.A. did a fine job. An attorney can do a perfect job and still lose because he doesn't have the evidence on his side. That's what happened here.

In most of those other cases, there are confessions and actual evidence. Not CSI hocus pokus. "Most likely" doesn't cust the mustard.

The state's attorney did just fine. And just fine wasn't enough here.

Aldebaran
7/5/2011, 11:47 PM
If coach would have put him in, and not it in him, things would have been different.

Midtowner
7/5/2011, 11:51 PM

OH MAH GAWD, WE MUST USE PROPER FLORIDA POLITICAL TITLES IN THIS THREAD!!

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 11:55 PM
I don't see studs servicing her but I do see her maybe pulling a train in Tallahassee with the entire Seminole Defense.

09/16/11

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2011, 11:56 PM
I bet you can throw a football over them mountains too

I've been looking into time travel.

OUinFLA
7/6/2011, 08:16 AM
I am convenced that Casey knew her daughter was dead.
Otherwise, why would she lie about an "abduction" by the non-existant baby sitter?
Other than that I have no firm convictions regarding the case. I have suspicions, but not convictions.

I have also decided that Im glad Leroy doesn't post anymore.
Can you imagine this thread with his involvement?

I am in agreement with OrlandoSooner, living here in central Florida, this case has dominated the airwaves until I'm weary of it.

The
7/6/2011, 08:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ad4z4.png

Pricetag
7/6/2011, 09:22 AM
Otherwise, why would she lie about an "abduction" by the non-existant baby sitter?
How is this not a crime punishable by a significant prison sentence? Yeah, I know Casey will get a year for the lying to police, but it ought to be ten years or more, IMO, to strongly encourage people to do the right thing, accidental death or not.

What I've learned from this case is that if you kill a kid before they're in school and the government will be looking for them, and you can hide the body long enough, you've made it very difficult for prosecuters to bring you to justice.

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 09:27 AM
How is this not a crime punishable by a significant prison sentence? Yeah, I know Casey will get a year for the lying to police, but it ought to be ten years or more, IMO, to strongly encourage people to do the right thing, accidental death or not.

What I've learned from this case is that if you kill a kid before they're in school and the government will be looking for them, and you can hide the body long enough, you've made it very difficult for prosecuters to bring you to justice.

They might make a new law based on this regarding failure to report a missing child. I would.

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2011, 09:27 AM
After reading all this, I'm thankful I didn't get sucked into the media-driven hysteria over this case.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 09:32 AM
The fact is, the self absorbed c**t managed to lie her way out of justice for brutally murdering a beautiful and innocent 3 year old girl.

Some people forefit their right to live and she should have forefited hers.

End of story.

That's the inherent flaw with our legal system. The ability to outright lie in court and use it as the foundation of a defense.

I'm proud that my father spent almost 40 years as a prosecutor and not as a scumbag defense attorney.

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 09:34 AM
That's the inherent flaw with our legal system. The ability to outright lie in court and use it as the foundation of a defense.

I'm proud that my father spent almost 40 years as a prosecutor and not as a scumbag defense attorney.

Kudos to your dad, but not all defense attorneys are scumbags. They uphold rights given to us by the Constitution. They have a hard job. They don't deserve your generalized ire.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 09:36 AM
Kudos to your dad, but not all defense attorneys are scumbags. They uphold rights given to us by the Constitution. They have a hard job. They don't deserve your generalized ire.

I know. I just say that kind of **** to get our resident legal experts all riled up. Shhhh....

Entropy63
7/6/2011, 09:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ad4z4.png

http://www.affordablegeeks.com/casey.jpg

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.affordablegeeks.com/casey.jpg

oh man . . . . heh

Bourbon St Sooner
7/6/2011, 10:16 AM
The biggest issue for the prosecution was that no one (outside of the murderer/manslaughter) knows how Caylee died. They couldn't prove that she was chloroformed (Casey); drowned (George); suffocated (Casey), other (who knows). Hard to prove that there was a murder without knowing how the victim died.

Living in Central Florida, this has been in the headlines for 3+ years. I'm not one of the people that has followed the case closely as it is too heartbreaking for me. I have a daughter about the same age, and I can't imagine the callousness required to go on living the wild lifestyle as Casey did when Caylee was "missing" for 30+ days. It just doesn't add up.

This.

I've got a beautiful little 2 year old daughter and if something happened to her, I would be sick. Every time I see a picture of that little girl my heart drops.

The bitch's carrying on after her daughter's death and all of her lies convinces me that the bitch is likely a sociopath and definitely a narcissist, whether she's a murderer or not. She will pay for her crimes whether in this life or the afterlife. I'm sure this won't be her last run-in with the law, though.

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 10:29 AM
I bet she's ready to throw some dirty leg.

Pricetag
7/6/2011, 10:48 AM
Hopefully it's so dirty she winds up with A.I.D.S.

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 10:50 AM
I mean I bet she really puts her back into it. A guy will have to be hydrated.

rekamrettuB
7/6/2011, 10:59 AM
I bet she's ready to throw some dirty leg.

Predicting she's prego w/in 3 years.

Penguin
7/6/2011, 11:02 AM
The 3 years of brainwashing from the media explains this "outrage" all across the country. According to the alternate that's talking, the prosecution couldn't even prove that the duct tape had anything to do with Caylee's death. To me, that was the biggest problem, but Nancy Grace and others took the duct tape and made it the murder weapon. It's been reported as fact that the duct tape was wrapped around the skull, but, in open court, that was proven not to be the case. The tape was found at the crime scene barely touching the skull. When the skull and tape got back to the M.E.'s office, "Dr. G" wrapped the tape around the skull and took a picture. The media outright lied about the duct tape evidence and the American public fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:08 AM
The 3 years of brainwashing from the media explains this "outrage" all across the country. According to the alternate that's talking, the prosecution couldn't even prove that the duct tape had anything to do with Caylee's death. To me, that was the biggest problem, but Nancy Grace and others took the duct tape and made it the murder weapon. It's been reported as fact that the duct tape was wrapped around the skull, but, in open court, that was proven not to be the case. The tape was found at the crime scene barely touching the skull. When the skull and tape got back to the M.E.'s office, "Dr. G" wrapped the tape around the skull and took a picture. The media outright lied about the duct tape evidence and the American public fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

No way Nancy Grace would do such a thing...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:13 AM
This.

I've got a beautiful little 2 year old daughter and if something happened to her, I would be sick. Every time I see a picture of that little girl my heart drops.

The bitch's carrying on after her daughter's death and all of her lies convinces me that the bitch is likely a sociopath and definitely a narcissist, whether she's a murderer or not. She will pay for her crimes whether in this life or the afterlife. I'm sure this won't be her last run-in with the law, though.

Yep. If she didn't do it and her Daughter just had one of those duct tape Berets on the day she went out and starved to death in the swamp for 30 days then Casey won't be in trouble with the man upstairs.

NFOwtZSVqo0

soonerbrat
7/6/2011, 11:19 AM

all the ones I know are....LOL

silverwheels
7/6/2011, 11:20 AM
Of course Casey is a sociopath. She has the "crazy bitch smile" in addition to the events that transpired after her daughter's death.

I'd still put it in her butt, though. I showed a picture of her to my favorite lesbian bartender last night and she said she would hit it if she didn't know about the whole daughter thing. :hot:

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:22 AM
Of course Casey is a sociopath. She has the "crazy bitch smile" in addition to the events that transpired after her daughter's death.

I'd still put it in her butt, though. I showed a picture of her to my favorite lesbian bartender last night and she said she would hit it if she didn't know about the whole daughter thing. :hot:

You carry a picture of Casey with you at all times?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:23 AM
Other than that I have no firm convictions regarding the case. I have suspicions, but not convictions.

I have also decided that Im glad Leroy doesn't post anymore.
Can you imagine this thread with his involvement?

I am in agreement with OrlandoSooner, living here in central Florida, this case has dominated the airwaves until I'm weary of it.

I'm sure it's going to continue as long as the Anthony's continue to live there. People are freaked that there is a murderer of children on the loose.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 11:23 AM
You carry a picture of Casey with you at all times?

It's called a smartphone.

Sincerely,

silverwheels
7/6/2011, 11:24 AM

Sincerely,

Bingo.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:24 AM

Sincerely,

Ok...much better...

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:25 AM
I'm old and only carry a dumb phone...

silverwheels
7/6/2011, 11:26 AM
We need to get you an iPhone or a Droid.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:31 AM
We need to get you an iPhone or a Droid.

I waste enough time as it is...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:34 AM
I waste enough time as it is...

You have no Idea how much more there is to waste until you have one.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:35 AM
You have no Idea how much more there is to waste until you have one.

Yes I do...that is why I ain't got one....

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 11:50 AM
Here is my guess as to what actually happened: Skankzilla accidentally killed her daughter by using chloroform and/or a drug like Xanax (Nanny Zanny?). Her intent was to make the kid pass out for a few hours so momma could go get her freak on, but she screwed up the dosage. She then panicked and got rid of the body.

Not that it matters at this point I guess, although I wonder if the prosecution had pursued this theory instead of premeditated murder they would have been more successful, maybe gotten a confession if she thought they were helping her out.

Even though I understand why the jury went the way they did, she is so clearly guilty of awful things. I hope somebody crazy gets hold of her and beats the s**t out of her.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:53 AM
Yes I do...that is why I ain't got one....

I really think your judgement is in question regarding this topic.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:54 AM
Here is my guess as to what actually happened: Skankzilla accidentally killed her daughter by using chloroform and/or a drug like Xanax (Nanny Zanny?). Her intent was to make the kid pass out for a few hours so momma could go get her freak on, but she screwed up the dosage. She then panicked and got rid of the body.

Not that it matters at this point I guess, although I wonder if the prosecution had pursued this theory instead of premeditated murder they would have been more successful, maybe gotten a confession if she thought they were helping her out.

Even though I understand why the jury went the way they did, she is so clearly guilty of awful things. I hope somebody crazy gets hold of her and beats the s**t out of her.

The only thing we know she is guilty of was lying to the police and being a scumbag after the child passed away...there is no actual evidence to pin the deed on her...

The prosecution did not even have a cause of death...

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:54 AM
I really think your judgement is in question regarding this topic.

I've been wrong before...

ouwasp
7/6/2011, 11:56 AM
The funny thing is this: I see lawyers and some allies b!tching about those of us that disapprove of the verdict... yet if someone said we could not complain, the same lawyers/allies would be clamoring for our 1st Amend. rights. :rolleyes:

I made a resolution to not visit threads about homos. Made my internet life more pleasant to leave that pervy crap in its closet, so to speak. Thinking about adding legal issues involving homicidal white trash/dumbazz juries as well.

:gary:

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:57 AM
The only thing we know she is guilty of was lying to the police and being a scumbag after the child passed away...there is no actual evidence to pin the deed on her...

Didn't that used to be called obstruction of justice and until the Judge was satisfied she has told the truth or done or said enough to allow justice to be had....didn't they lock people up until they came around to helping? However since she was on trial for murder she gets a pass?

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 11:58 AM
Justice was had in this case.

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 12:02 PM

Right. I got that. I understand the verdict. The prosecution lacked evidence.

However, what we do have is a dead kid who presumably did not wrap herself up in her blanket and throw herself in a swamp.

The mother killed her, accidentally or not. There's really no other explanation. The justice system couldn't get her, but I bet karma will.

DIB
7/6/2011, 12:04 PM
I'm sure it's going to continue as long as the Anthony's continue to live there. People are freaked that there is a murderer of children on the loose.

Even if she did kill her own kid (which the state failed to prove), there is nothing to suggest that she is a danger to anyone else's kids. In the most plausible of scenarios, she either negligently or purposely killed her child because it was interfering with her life. Nothing about that scenario suggests that she is a serial killer that would continue to kill other people's children. At most, she might be predisposed to kill her own child, if she were to have another. I don't understand why the people in Florida would be freaked out. Disgusted and angry, maybe, but not freaked out.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 12:05 PM
The funny thing is this: I see lawyers and some allies b!tching about those of us that disapprove of the verdict... yet if someone said we could not complain, the same lawyers/allies would be clamoring for our 1st Amend. rights. :rolleyes:

I made a resolution to not visit threads about homos. Made my internet life more pleasant to leave that pervy crap in its closet, so to speak. Thinking about adding legal issues involving homicidal white trash/dumbazz juries as well.

:gary:

You can bitch about the verdict...that is fine and dandy...but the jurors listened to every bit of info over several weeks...each and every one of the jurors voted to acquit on the murder charges...they must know something that the majority of us do not know...

There are holes all through the prosecutions case...

The smell in the car...was it from a human?

Did anyone else have access to the vehicle over the time frame in question?

Do we know the cause of death?

Any blood samples?

Videos?

Did she ever beat the kid?

State she hated the child?

It is all circumstantial...

I was in Florida at the time of the death...they have as much evidence on me as they did Casey...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 12:06 PM
Justice was had in this case.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001887093/859736177_casey_anthony_tattoo_bella_vita_rdax_676 x450_xlarge.jpeg

DIB
7/6/2011, 12:06 PM
Didn't that used to be called obstruction of justice and until the Judge was satisfied she has told the truth or done or said enough to allow justice to be had....didn't they lock people up until they came around to helping? However since she was on trial for murder she gets a pass?

That is only if they refused to testify or provide evidence that was subpoenaed. I do not believe that was the case, here.

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 12:07 PM
...there is nothing to suggest that she is a danger to anyone else's kids...

Would you hire her to babysit your kids?

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 12:08 PM
Would you hire me?

;)

Penguin
7/6/2011, 12:08 PM
The mother killed her, accidentally or not. There's really no other explanation. The justice system couldn't get her, but I bet karma will.

I agree, but I just don't believe in karma, though. There are just too many privileged atheist, blasphemous, and unscrupulous millionaires and billionaires in this world for me to believe in karma.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 12:09 PM
Right. I got that. I understand the verdict. The prosecution lacked evidence.

However, what we do have is a dead kid who presumably did not wrap herself up in her blanket and throw herself in a swamp.

There are a bunch of different scenarios...

Personally, I think they lost track of the kid and she climbed into the pool and drowned...the family panicked at the though of possible jail time due to neglect and the lies and coverup was just barely enough to get her acquitted...

My thoughts and five bucks will get ya a Starbucks...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 12:11 PM
She got off because she had a great defense team.

DIB
7/6/2011, 12:12 PM
Would you hire her to babysit your kids?

No. She is incredibly irresponsible. Even if her child was still alive, I wouldn't hire her to babysit a dog, much less a kid.

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

Penguin
7/6/2011, 12:18 PM
How will Casey be able to adjust to the world when she's been locked away for so long? She probably cannot imagine a world without myspace!

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 12:22 PM
did you have trouble?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 12:41 PM
I agree, but I just don't believe in karma, though. There are just too many privileged atheist, blasphemous, and unscrupulous millionaires and billionaires in this world for me to believe in karma.

So true....

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 01:01 PM
There are just too many privileged atheist...in this world for me to believe in karma.

I work hard for the money...so hard for it honey...

Bourbon St Sooner
7/6/2011, 01:05 PM

You should quit watching Nancy Grace if you hate her so much. I've never watched the bitch, like most people in this country. Ms Anthony may or may not be a murderer, but what's proven beyond any doubt, is that she is a lying, narcissistic scumbag who had no regard for the death of her own beautiful little girl.

To me she's just human garbage. Maybe not even human. And if anybody offers her any money to sell books or magazines or get tv ratings, they are garbage as well.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 01:09 PM
You should quit watching Nancy Grace if you hate her so much. I've never watched the bitch, like most people in this country. Ms Anthony may or may not be a murderer, but what's proven beyond any doubt, is that she is a lying, narcissistic scumbag who had no regard for the death of her own beautiful little girl.

To me she's just human garbage. Maybe not even human. And if anybody offers her any money to sell books or magazines or get tv ratings, they are garbage as well.

C8xReWCLIxs

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 01:30 PM

I think it goes well beyond just her....her parent's seem just as bad and it will be interesting what occurs when she is released. If they bring her Home and Coddle her after the stuff Casey said about them in Court....I'd have a hard time allowing her to come Home unless I understood that she did it to get off of the Death Penalty.

Tim Miller's interviews about his experience while searching for the Child is pretty interesting. He said he got tips from the Cops to search in certain areas but the water in the area Caylee was found was quite high when they were doing the search and that his information had someone coming within 5 feet of Caylee's body when the water was knee deep. He says he felt like the Anthony's really didn't want Caylee's Body to be found and that they just didn't act like people who he's dealt with many times before.

http://texasequusearch.org/

87sooner
7/6/2011, 02:12 PM
just read an article about the jurors cashing in on their stories...
this could create problems...
jurors casting votes in high profile cases on the basis of how it would effect their future ability to cash in...

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 02:14 PM
link?

87sooner
7/6/2011, 02:15 PM
link?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/06/casey-anthony-can-earn-millions-from-media-hollywood/

And Anthony isn't the only one who has the opportunity to cash in on the trial.

“The members of the jury perhaps have the most incredible story to tell because they haven’t said anything. Their story is worth more now than it would be if Casey was found guilty,” said Glenn Selig, founder of The Publicity Agency, which specializes in crisis management. “If big money comes from anywhere, it will be from the entertainment world – movies and books – where payment is commonplace. And the less of the story that is told now, the more valuable a book or movie deal will be.”

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 02:18 PM
link?

Here's a link....

After the verdict yesterday, Anthony’s defense team celebrated with champagne in Orlando’s trendy restaurant Terrace 390.

Defense lawyer Dorothy Clay Sims jigged up and down, performing a victory dance for her colleagues before turning her phone towards outraged onlookers to film their shocked reactions.

Her colleague, defense lawyer Cheney Mason made an obscene gesture to an angry crowd outside, an apparent gesture of contempt towards anyone who dares criticise the team.

http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/article-2011804-0ce1ae6500000578-575_634x574.jpg?w=500&h=452

https://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/tag/casey-anthony-jury/

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 02:21 PM
Here's a link....

After the verdict yesterday, Anthony’s defense team celebrated with champagne in Orlando’s trendy restaurant Terrace 390.

Defense lawyer Dorothy Clay Sims jigged up and down, performing a victory dance for her colleagues before turning her phone towards outraged onlookers to film their shocked reactions.

Her colleague, defense lawyer Cheney Mason made an obscene gesture to an angry crowd outside, an apparent gesture of contempt towards anyone who dares criticise the team.

http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/article-2011804-0ce1ae6500000578-575_634x574.jpg?w=500&h=452

https://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/tag/casey-anthony-jury/

Thank God for attorneys like him. Without guys like him the state could just lock up anyone they wanted. We need more defenders of the Constitution.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 02:24 PM
Casey Anthony

Anthony Weiner

Super Porn. Talk about the biggest selling porno ever.

Jessica Hahn....step aside.....

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 02:42 PM
Thank God for attorneys like him. Without guys like him the state could just lock up anyone they wanted. We need more defenders of the Constitution.

His efforts were trashed by an entire media. I don't blame him for tossing a finger and I don't blame the woman for dancing.

Mongo
7/6/2011, 02:47 PM
yall are still discussing this?

BU BEAR
7/6/2011, 02:52 PM
yall are still discussing this?

I am not interested in this topic, but I think that I need a few pages to be satisfied.

Mongo
7/6/2011, 02:54 PM
if you all cant reach a reasonable understanding on the verdict by page 25, I am locking this fugger up

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 02:59 PM
His efforts were trashed by an entire media. I don't blame him for tossing a finger and I don't blame the woman for dancing.

Seriously? Dude... I am pretty darn pro lawyer, and I totally get zealously advocating for your client, but dancing in public when there is a dead child involved is crossing the line, and it makes the whole profession look really bad.

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 03:12 PM
Seriously? Dude... I am pretty darn pro lawyer, and I totally get zealously advocating for your client, but dancing in public when there is a dead child involved is crossing the line, and it makes the whole profession look really bad.

She just won the super bowl. I don't think it's as ridiculous as you think it is, and let's not get all crybaby histrionic that it makes the "whole" profession look "really" bad. That had zero impact on me.

Sensitive much? She didn't dance in court. She danced in a restaurant at a celebration while they were drinking champagne.

yermom
7/6/2011, 03:16 PM
pics would probably be awesome next to the ones where Casey Anthony was out partying while her baby was "missing"

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 03:16 PM

Yeah...I'm with you. They should have gone somewhere more private.

If you are going to dance on the back of a Case you venomously said there were no Winners of.....it's probably best you find a really dark room with no windows and no cameras to celebrate in.

OutlandTrophy
7/6/2011, 03:18 PM
lots of loser talk in this thread. lots of loser talk

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 03:20 PM
She didn't dance in court. She danced in a restaurant at a celebration while they were drinking champagne.

A case that the Defense said had no winners or losers due to the fact a little girl was dead. I think I would have gone Home, opened a bottle of Scotch and called it a night. Then sent out thank you cards to the Team with their Bonus in it.

BU BEAR
7/6/2011, 03:20 PM
After a six-week trial, I can understand blowing off a little steam... even in public. I would not do it myself, but I understand.

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 03:30 PM
She just won the super bowl. I don't think it's as ridiculous as you think it is, and let's not get all crybaby histrionic that it makes the "whole" profession look "really" bad. That had zero impact on me.

Sensitive much? She didn't dance in court. She danced in a restaurant at a celebration while they were drinking champagne.

Luckily for you, accusing someone of "crybaby histrionics" when no such thing existed anywhere in my post doesn't make lawyers look bad, it just makes you personally look really stupid.

Fish&Game
7/6/2011, 03:30 PM
Did they party like it was 1999?

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 03:32 PM
A case that the Defense said had no winners or losers due to the fact a little girl was dead. I think I would have gone Home, opened a bottle of Scotch and called it a night. Then sent out thank you cards to the Team with their Bonus in it.

I can't believe anyone would get all butthurt over that.

And you know what- there was a winner. The people won, in a philosophical sense. The government didn't get to lock someone up based on innuendo and circumstance. They couldn't make their case, and the defense saved someone from potentially getting the death penalty.

That's worth a little dance right there.

Curly Bill
7/6/2011, 03:32 PM
Why couldn't they wait a couple more nights to tie one on? Casey could have been there with them. ;) :D

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 03:39 PM

And you know what- there was a winner. The people won, in a philosophical sense. The government didn't get to lock someone up based on innuendo and circumstance. They couldn't make their case, and the defense saved someone from potentially getting the death penalty.

I'm not butt hurt but I will say this....there are a ****load of folks in America right now that are....

I'm just saying that after issuing the statements they did right after the Trial.....they would have been smart to disappear like the Jury did instead of allow the out of control media to follow them and then give them the finger.

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 03:41 PM
Why couldn't they wait a couple more nights to tie one on? Casey could have been there with them. ;) :D

See you at 11, muffin.

http://12uspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/casey-anthony.jpg

Curly Bill
7/6/2011, 03:42 PM
See you at 11, muffin.

http://12uspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/casey-anthony.jpg

Sweet! Though I'm just a little skeered. :O

MR2-Sooner86
7/6/2011, 03:43 PM
This entire thing has become a circus. With all the commentary, I didn't know our legal system was becoming American Idol. This whole thing is wrapped up in emotion and logic has flown out the window.

When somebody is taken to court, you need evidence and/or witnesses to show they're guilty. Remember, our system is innocent until proven guilty.

The state was wanting the death penalty on felony murder charges. I don't care what the case is, if you're going for the death penalty, you better have all your i's dotted and t's crossed. The prosecution didn't have the evidence and thought they could get it on emotion, not going to happen. Also, when the prosecution is laughing when the defense is making an argument, it doesn't help you.

With all that has been said, how did the girl die? With all the CSI snort test they were doing, they couldn't figure out how the girl died?

The prosecution was telling us Casey did it but they didn't say how. If I'm on the jury, I'm being told this woman murdered her child but when I ask for details, I'm not getting them. How can I sentence somebody to death when there's no hard evidence she did it? For all we know the girl accidentally drowned but we don't know. We don't know anything about her death, causes, or anything.

With that said, Casey is a nutcase who probably did it, however our court system doesn't convict somebody on "probably."

Pricetag
7/6/2011, 03:52 PM
I just have a real problem with how much Casey's actions in the wake of Caylee's death made the "probably" happen.

yermom
7/6/2011, 04:03 PM

you forgot about the lawyers. the lawyers won.

cha-ching!

tator
7/6/2011, 04:03 PM
So, are you guys saying someone was on trial?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 04:08 PM
This entire thing has become a circus. With all the commentary, I didn't know our legal system was becoming American Idol. This whole thing is wrapped up in emotion and logic has flown out the window.

When somebody is taken to court, you need evidence and/or witnesses to show they're guilty. Remember, our system is innocent until proven guilty.

The state was wanting the death penalty on felony murder charges. I don't care what the case is, if you're going for the death penalty, you better have all your i's dotted and t's crossed. The prosecution didn't have the evidence and thought they could get it on emotion, not going to happen. Also, when the prosecution is laughing when the defense is making an argument, it doesn't help you.

With all that has been said, how did the girl die? With all the CSI snort test they were doing, they couldn't figure out how the girl died?

The prosecution was telling us Casey did it but they didn't say how. If I'm on the jury, I'm being told this woman murdered her child but when I ask for details, I'm not getting them. How can I sentence somebody to death when there's no hard evidence she did it? For all we know the girl accidentally drowned but we don't know. We don't know anything about her death, causes, or anything.

With that said, Casey is a nutcase who probably did it, however our court system doesn't convict somebody on "probably."

Remember not everyone has a Family like Casey either and not everyone acts like she did when their kid is gone. On top of that....not every trial allows Cameras and audio inside the Courtroom. Also....not every piece of evidence you think you have is always allowed.

Midtowner
7/6/2011, 04:40 PM

Why so down on the lawyers? How much money do you think CNN made selling ads during Nancy Grace last night?

If it wasn't for the media, this would be no more well known than the 11 other child murder cases going on in that same jurisdiction right now. Lawyers are going to make their customary fees, and that's fine, the defense lawyers in this case did a job few lawyers can do, spent about a month away from their families, and won. That's hard on a family, I remember my father once had to spend about that amount of time trying a murder trial in some small town in Oklahoma, (he won an acquittal), but it was tough on us little kids to be without for so long.

So can I understand being happy that you just spent several months gaining an acquittal when you were faced with the very best the state of Florida had to offer in terms of prosecutorial experience and lab work? You bet. They should be proud.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 04:48 PM
Mid...you are a glutton for punishment...

JohnnyMack
Why so down on the lawyers? How much money do you think CNN made selling ads during Nancy Grace last night?

If it wasn't for the media, this would be no more well known than the 11 other child murder cases going on in that same jurisdiction right now. Lawyers are going to make their customary fees, and that's fine, the defense lawyers in this case did a job few lawyers can do, spent about a month away from their families, and won. That's hard on a family, I remember my father once had to spend about that amount of time trying a murder trial in some small town in Oklahoma, (he won an acquittal), but it was tough on us little kids to be without for so long.

So can I understand being happy that you just spent several months gaining an acquittal when you were faced with the very best the state of Florida had to offer in terms of prosecutorial experience and lab work? You bet. They should be proud.

They can be proud. Acting classless is a totally separate matter. But given your pedigree I'd imagine you'd justify just about anything they did.

pphilfran
See....that didn't take long.....

Curly Bill
7/6/2011, 04:51 PM
:D

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure how I am miscommunicating this... Once again... I am not down on lawyers in general. I am down on individual lawyers who act like a**holes and feed the negative stereotypes.

As far as the 11 other child murder cases go, feel free to start a thread so we can discuss them.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 04:54 PM
Come on Midtowner...put your gloves on...this could be fun!

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 04:54 PM
Oh, and let me be the very first to say Nancy Grace is one of those a**holes.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 04:58 PM
Oh, and let me be the very first to say Nancy Grace is one of those a**holes.

I can't stand Nancy Grace....

Viking Kitten
7/6/2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah, the whole "Tot Mom" thing... I wish someone would kick her in the gut everytime she says that. Guess what Nancy? I have two kids... I am also a Tot Mom. Stupid yainch.

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 05:04 PM
They can be proud. Acting classless is a totally separate matter. But given your pedigree I'd imagine you'd justify just about anything they did.

Dancing around a bit while at dinner and drinks? You are REALLY REALLY sensitive.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 05:28 PM

Nancy Grace is an Attorney. I think they acted just like her. They should be proud. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the whole "Tot Mom" thing... I wish someone would kick her in the gut everytime she says that. Guess what Nancy? I have two kids... I am also a Tot Mom. Stupid yainch.

I hate that woman with the passion of a thousand firey suns. She routinely over sensationalized a case that was already sensational enough.

Wishboned
7/6/2011, 05:57 PM
Sweet! Though I'm just a little skeered. :O

When she pulls out the duct tape, she's not being kinky.

Midtowner
7/6/2011, 06:09 PM

Well, they've been told for years now that what they're doing is wrong, that their client is guilty, etc. It's been them vs. the world, and they won. In light of the media and the public's conduct surrounding this case, I'm not so sure many in those groups don't collectively deserve the middle finger.

Regardless, its' nothing to get butthurt about.

Midtowner
7/6/2011, 06:12 PM
Nancy Grace is an Attorney. I think they acted just like her. They should be proud. :rolleyes:

No, she's a TV hack.

And as a lawyer, she's been scolded three times by appellate courts for prosecutorial misconduct. Even once, by the 11th Circuit, who opined that they couldn't imagine that she didn't know the testimony she was putting on through a detective was perjured. That's pretty severe.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 06:16 PM
No, she's a TV hack.

And as a lawyer, she's been scolded three times by appellate courts for prosecutorial misconduct. Even once, by the 11th Circuit, who opined that they couldn't imagine that she didn't know the testimony she was putting on through a detective was perjured. That's pretty severe.

She's a lawyer still.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 06:17 PM
David Garrett, Jeff Martin....also Lawyers. All on TV. You may not like that they are....but they are.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 06:20 PM
Judge Judy, Joe Brown and the others are ex-Judges. All experts in Law. You may think it a shame they do what they do....but they all represent the business of law and in America....they are better known than most every Attorney that's won a huge case. Hell....in 15 minutes....no one will remember who represented Casey. They will always remember her though.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 06:25 PM
Well, they've been told for years now that what they're doing is wrong, that their client is guilty, etc. It's been them vs. the world, and they won. In light of the media and the public's conduct surrounding this case, I'm not so sure many in those groups don't collectively deserve the middle finger.

Regardless, its' nothing to get butthurt about.

It's like the difference between Barry Sanders scoring a touchdown and Ocho Cinco scoring a touchdown.

Act like you've been there before.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:15 PM
BTW....

Nancy Grace is really doing a great job keeping this alive IMO.

Caylee would be just as forgotten as everyone of the others that have died and been denied a chance to enjoy life. I think sometimes she's pretty anti-man but I think I'm becoming a fan. Glenn Beck ain't got nothing on Nancy. I bet she could enjoy a Movie in the Park without a Mob kicking a cheap Cabernet at her.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:18 PM
Juror #6 is willing to talk as long as he is compensated.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:18 PM
Juror #3 "Jennifer Ford" took her kids to Disneyland.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:19 PM
Vivid Porno Movie Company has pulled their offer to Casey Anthony doing a XXX Film.

That my friends is "BACKLASH"!

When you can get a Porno Moviemaker to pull an offer....that's saying something.

Sorry The. No jack material for YOU!

Mongo
7/6/2011, 07:20 PM
Juror #3 "Jennifer Ford" took her kids to Disneyland.

uhhhh, havent they been sequestered for like 6 weeks?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:21 PM
uhhhh, havent they been sequestered for like 6 weeks?

Ummmmm.....the trial is over. I think the question is....who paid for the trip and maybe should people sell their behind the scene silence?

I think we are going to see some legal moves to make the State the one who gets paid instead of the jurors. On the other hand....is it right to not compensate a juror who is Self-Employed or the owner of a Business that is affected to a 30 day absence?

I know lots of folks in the last jury pool I was in were not to happy to be there. If you thought you were going to be on such a jury....do you have the right to make money? Is it amoral?

Mongo
7/6/2011, 07:23 PM
ummmmm, then why is it a big deal if a juror takes their kids to Disneywhatever?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:31 PM
ummmmm, then why is it a big deal if a juror takes their kids to Disneywhatever?

I think Busch Gardens is more fun.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:34 PM
Some of the Jurors say they are sick to their stomachs they weren't able to vote Guilty.

Casey's Life is going to be very tough I'd say.

tommieharris91
7/6/2011, 07:36 PM
I hate that woman with the passion of a thousand firey suns. She routinely over sensationalized a case that was already sensational enough.

That's her entire schtick. It's worthy of a drinking game.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:36 PM
Cheney Mason is a big mouth! - Nancy Grace 7-6-2011

LMAO!

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2011/07/06/cheney-mason-flips-offBLUR.jpg

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:37 PM

Ohhhhh.....good Idea.

Let's call it BELLA VITA ! ! !

Should the area where you Hide the Child look like a Pool or a Swamp?

I'd like to be a extremely silent partner. :D ;)

Turd_Ferguson
7/6/2011, 07:37 PM
Some of the Jurors say they are sick to their stomachs they weren't able to vote Guilty.

Casey's Life is going to be very tough I'd say.I'm sure it will be. I would never want to be a millionaire...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:40 PM
I'm sure it will be. I would never want to be a millionaire...

I don't think that's looking to be a given due to the amount of outrage. One of her deals has just fallen through

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 07:41 PM

Hyperbole makes the world go round.

Sincerely,

Rush Limbaugh

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:42 PM
The Rush Limbaugh Candyland Game is one of my Favorites.

tommieharris91
7/6/2011, 07:43 PM
Ohhhhh.....good Idea.

Let's call it BELLA VITA ! ! !

Should the area where you Hide the Child look like a Pool or a Swamp?

I'd like to be a extremely silent partner. :D ;)

Mmm... I was talking about Nancy Grace, but we could make a murder mystery drinking game about Casey Anthony.

tommieharris91
7/6/2011, 07:45 PM
Hyperbole makes the world go round.

Sincerely,

Rush Limbaugh

I kinda work during the day right now. My company frowns on drinking at the office. I can't participate in a Rush LIMBAUGH drinking GAME.

Turd_Ferguson
I don't think that's looking to be a given due to the amount of outrage. One of her deals has just fallen throughOne word. Hideandwatch...

Penguin
Nancy Grace is mad that Casey might make money off some fictional book deal.

BUT...........Nancy Grace has no problem with Nancy Grace making a fortune off of the death of Caylee.

tommieharris91
7/6/2011, 07:47 PM
Maybe an Ann Coulter drinking game... She seems neglected and needs attention.

...no, Mongo can handle that.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:49 PM
BUT...........Nancy Grace has no problem with Nancy Grace making a fortune off of the death of Caylee.

I have no problem that the judge, the Attorney's, Bailiffs, Jailers all get paid either.

I have a problem with Geraldo getting paid though.

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/GERALDO_6.21.11-300x169.jpg

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 07:50 PM
One word. Hideandwatch...

Does it start with a hidden Saloon inside Disneyland?

Mongo
7/6/2011, 07:50 PM
Maybe an Ann Coulter drinking game... She seems neglected and needs attention.

...no, Mongo can handle that.

I have spare time

okie52
7/6/2011, 08:17 PM
So we have a pharmacist serving a life sentence for killing a robber and Casey Anthony walking the streets.

what a beautiful system.

I Am Right
7/6/2011, 08:52 PM
Media Freaks: Casey Anthony Not Guilty of Very Late-Term Abortion

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 08:57 PM
I'm starting to feel badly for the Jurors who aren't trying to milk this for all it's worth.

The fact that they just weren't able to convict based on the lack of evidence leading to what sentence they would give her is stunning.

tulsaoilerfan
7/6/2011, 09:27 PM
You would feel different if you were the criminal defendant.

No cause i wouldn't be such a dumbass to be in that position of having to defend myself of murder in the first place

BU BEAR
7/6/2011, 09:34 PM
No cause i wouldn't be such a dumbass to be in that position of having to defend myself of murder in the first place

The same burden of proof is required of the prosecutor under lesser offenses.

Midtowner
7/6/2011, 09:38 PM
So we have a pharmacist serving a life sentence for killing a robber and Casey Anthony walking the streets.

what a beautiful system.

One did his killing whilst on video camera, then lied about it several times creating an insurmountable credibility gap. The other mostly did what she was supposed to do--keep her mouth mostly shut and let her lawyers do what they're paid to do.

It's a horrible thing when ones own lies can be used to incarcerate them. Ersland is a murderer, maybe Anthony is. In any case, the state could only prove Ersland did it. Move on.

tulsaoilerfan
7/6/2011, 09:40 PM
The same burden of proof is required of the prosecutor under lesser offenses.

Here's an idea; don't break the ****ing law and you won't have this problem

BU BEAR
7/6/2011, 09:45 PM
Here's an idea; don't break the ****ing law and you won't have this problem

If you get popped for a traffic infraction that you did not commit, then remember this post.

usmc-sooner
7/6/2011, 09:51 PM
how does the jury not look at the time that it took to report the crime. Anyone whose ever had kids knows that this is bull**** and when I say bull**** I MEAN BULL****

Common sense at some point

okie52
7/6/2011, 10:20 PM
One did his killing whilst on video camera, then lied about it several times creating an insurmountable credibility gap. The other mostly did what she was supposed to do--keep her mouth mostly shut and let her lawyers do what they're paid to do.

It's a horrible thing when ones own lies can be used to incarcerate them. Ersland is a murderer, maybe Anthony is. In any case, the state could only prove Ersland did it. Move on.

Yeah, it's a good thing Anthony didn't lie or else she'd be facing the death penalty.

Both sets of jurors are obviously proud to show their faces.

Midtowner
7/6/2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing Anthony didn't lie or else she'd be facing the death penalty.

She may have lied, but she didn't give multiple explanations for an event, of which none were corroborated by video evidence.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 10:37 PM
Ersland might have been guilty of murder under duress but no way he deserved Life.

It seems to me MidTowner is upset he didn't get a chance to defend the kid in Court or something

Even though Ersland is in Prison I think it's a crying shame he didn't just do Community Service and continue to help people in some way. He didn't seem like a Vigilante in any way. By the looks of that video, I couldn't see him actually shoot that kid or check his pulse....and there wasn't any real visual proof that the first shots weren't the ones that killed him other than circumstantial evidence, I think I'd still let him watch my kids if I was taken ill and transported to the Hospital if I was in his Pharmacy.

Thaumaturge
7/6/2011, 10:38 PM
Tot Mom may have evaded man's justice, but there is a Justice that not even Tot Mom can escape! Tot Mom won't have the last laugh!

(I'm referring to GOD if that's still allowed in this country!!!)

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 10:39 PM
Tot Mom may have evaded man's justice, but there is a Justice that not even Tot Mom can escape! Tot Mom won't have the last laugh!

Yep.

Thaumaturge
7/6/2011, 10:43 PM
Yep.

That's for damn sure!

Entropy63
7/6/2011, 10:45 PM
http://www.affordablegeeks.com/casey1.jpg

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 10:47 PM
That's for damn sure!

MMz-wi50ACU

She keeps Moet et Chandon
In a pretty cabinet
'Let them eat cake' she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Khrushchev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline

Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

Chorus:
She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, Gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?

To avoid complications
She never kept the same address
In conversation
She spoke just like a baroness
Met a man from China
Went down to Asia Minor
Then again incidentally
If you're that way inclined

Perfume came naturally from Paris
for cars she couldn't care less
Fastidious and precise

Chorus

Drop of a hat she's as willing as
Playful as a ***** cat
Then momentarily out of action
Temporarily out of gas
To absolutely drive you wild, wild
She's out to get you

Chorus

Recommended at the price
Insatiable in appetite
Wanna try?
You wanna try.

okie52
7/6/2011, 10:48 PM
She may have lied, but she didn't give multiple explanations for an event, of which none were corroborated by video evidence.

You are right. Erslands 'crime' occurred within 2 minutes during an armed robber while Anthony couldn't quite notify the authorities for 30 days that her child was 'missing'.

Justice at it's finest.

DIB
7/6/2011, 10:48 PM
http://twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/Casey-Anthony-and-OJ-meet-classic-internet-meme.jpg

okie52
7/6/2011, 10:55 PM

I'll bet a wizard will even the score !!!!

Entropy63
7/6/2011, 10:56 PM
I'll bet a wizard will even the score !!!!

Ask Thaum to post his wizard pictures.

MelloYello
7/6/2011, 10:58 PM
http://twentytwowords.com/wp-content/uploads/Casey-Anthony-and-OJ-meet-classic-internet-meme.jpg

luls

okie52
7/6/2011, 11:05 PM
Ask Thaum to post his wizard pictures.

I was hoping he would....just to help clarify the issue.

Penguin
7/6/2011, 11:10 PM
God will get the last laugh? I got some bad news for some "Christians", but The Lord offers salvation to everybody and He offers it freely. Heaven is full of repentant sinners, like it or not.

Thaumaturge
7/6/2011, 11:13 PM
What? This one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Thaumaturge/wizard.jpg

Stop undressing him with your eyes, you scoundrel!

Penguin
7/6/2011, 11:14 PM
The real question is: Will America survive?

Soonerfan88
7/6/2011, 11:17 PM

LMAO :D

Thaumaturge
7/6/2011, 11:17 PM
God will get the last laugh? I got some bad news for some "Christians", but The Lord offers salvation to everybody and He offers it freely. Heaven is full of repentant sinners, like it or not.

Tot Mom had 31 days to repent, but instead she spent those days being sexually promiscuous and getting tattoos (thereby permanently defiling the temple of her body and locking herself out of heaven anyway) and probably laughing it up about the whole child-murder thing.

TOT MOM IS A SINNER. YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

Midtowner
7/6/2011, 11:36 PM
Ersland might have been guilty of murder under duress but no way he deserved Life.

It seems to me MidTowner is upset he didn't get a chance to defend the kid in Court or something

Even though Ersland is in Prison I think it's a crying shame he didn't just do Community Service and continue to help people in some way. He didn't seem like a Vigilante in any way. By the looks of that video, I couldn't see him actually shoot that kid or check his pulse....and there wasn't any real visual proof that the first shots weren't the ones that killed him other than circumstantial evidence, I think I'd still let him watch my kids if I was taken ill and transported to the Hospital if I was in his Pharmacy.

Ersland shot an attempted robber in cold blood. How on Earth do you think he doesn't look exactly like a vigilante?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:44 PM
Ersland shot an attempted robber in cold blood. How on Earth do you think he doesn't look exactly like a vigilante?

It was where he worked. They were going to rob him. Other than that...I got nothing except that maybe the robbers in Oklahoma should all quit robbing or some crazy *** Pharmacists with kill them in cold Blood.

What if while the Pharmacy was closed down because of a Robbery....someone didn't get the meds they needed and died or they had a heart condition and the robbers gave them a coronary?

What if their shooting had killed someone? Would they be justified since they had to defend themselves from that murdering son of a Bitch Pharmacist?

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 11:45 PM
Dear Robber.....

Your friend who pulled a gun kind of freaked out the guy that worked there and he killed you.

You should kick your friend in the nuts when he sees you in hell.

Whet
7/6/2011, 11:55 PM
NSFW Language!

MphdvhpFdnA

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 12:00 AM
He's got the American Flag hanging upside down in distress.

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 12:08 AM
NSFW Language!

MphdvhpFdnA

Other than he's a tad upset....I think he nailed it. I'd be glad if he was on the jury if one of my kids (God Help Me) was Murdered by someone. I might be upset if he gave them the Death penalty though. I would enjoy watching as the murder deteriorated in prison over a long period of time.

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 12:11 AM
Ten Bucks says he's happy Obama is saving our Country right now.

Midtowner
7/7/2011, 06:37 AM
It was where he worked. They were going to rob him. Other than that...I got nothing except that maybe the robbers in Oklahoma should all quit robbing or some crazy *** Pharmacists with kill them in cold Blood.

The law doesn't work that way. You don't get to kill people 'cuz they **** you off.

What if while the Pharmacy was closed down because of a Robbery....someone didn't get the meds they needed and died or they had a heart condition and the robbers gave them a coronary?

Oh, I don't know, what if since the pharmacy was closed down, a butterfly wasn't able to flap its wings and there wasn't a chain of events leading up to a typhoon in Japan? It's a pretty dang good thing the pharmacy was closed, probably saved hundreds of lives. (see, I can make up unlikely facts and fictional negative consequences too)

What if their shooting had killed someone? Would they be justified since they had to defend themselves from that murdering son of a Bitch Pharmacist?

No, they don't get to use self-defense if they're committing a robbery. If their shooting had killed someone, we'd charge them with an additional count of homicide and let the legal system deal with them. We don't just go and lynch people we don't like (at least not anymore).

MsProudSooner
7/7/2011, 07:26 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/06/toobin.anthony.dsk/index.html?&hpt=hp_c2

Prosecutors' rash moves backfire in Anthony, Strauss-Kahn cases

(CNN) -- The most important part of criminal law doesn't appear in any statute book or textbook. It's not even a formal "law" at all. It's the concept of prosecutorial discretion, and it is at the heart of our justice system -- as the pursuers of Casey Anthony and Dominique Strauss-Kahn have discovered.

Criminal laws are written in ways that leave prosecutors a great deal of leeway. Do they bring a case at all? If so, when? And when that moment arrives, what charges do they put before a jury? In both of these high-profile cases, the prosecutors made decisions that raise important questions about their judgment.

The authorities in Florida were confronted with a tragedy, to be sure, but to this day, it is not clear it was a crime. Anthony's failure to call the police and report her daughter, Caylee, missing for an entire month remains a chilling and appalling fact. It also seems clear today that Anthony had something to do with the little girl's death.

But prosecutors charged Anthony with capital murder and sought the death penalty. The trial made clear that this case had virtually none of the features that we associate with cases that merit the death penalty. There were no eyewitnesses. There was no clear cause of death, no clear time of death, and an absence of motive evidence as well.

The prosecutors committed a cardinal sin: They overcharged and they paid the price. The defense went to the jury with a much more plausible story -- that Caylee died accidentally and Anthony's cover-up spun out of control. It's not a story that reflects well at all on Anthony as a human being or a mother -- but not one that calls out for execution either.

The Strauss-Kahn prosecutors faced a different problem. On May 14, New York police received a credible report that Strauss-Kahn had assaulted a maid at the Sofitel hotel in Midtown Manhattan. Officers tracked down Strauss-Kahn, who was on a plane at John F. Kennedy International Airport about to leave for Paris. Their decision to arrest him was clearly correct. Had he left the country on that flight, it would have been difficult, if not impossible, to bring him back to the United States.

But only five days later, on May 19, the New York district attorney sought and obtained an indictment of Strauss-Kahn in the case. By doing so, the prosecutor locked himself into bringing the case to trial -- before there was time to do any serious investigation of the facts.

In the following month, as the district attorney was compelled to acknowledge, parts of the accuser's story and her account of her background fell apart. Her credibility is in tatters. It's not clear that Strauss-Kahn is innocent of the attack, but it is clear that, given the accuser's problems, a jury may never convict him.

What was the rush to indict? The district attorney had the legal tools to make sure Strauss-Kahn stayed in the United States while the investigation ran its course. Indeed, Strauss-Kahn's attorneys would have welcomed the delay; the defense always welcomes a chance to put off an indictment. But the prosecutor, clearly overconfident, pushed the grand jury to act prematurely. Now he is paying the price.

Hindsight is perfect. Second-guessers are as irritating as they are always right. But these mistakes by prosecutors -- overcharging in the Anthony case, rushing to judgment in Strauss-Kahn -- were apparent even at the time. Prosecutorial misjudgments can deprive the victims of crime, and society at large, of the punishment and incarceration of those who broke the law.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Jeffrey Toobin.

MsProudSooner
7/7/2011, 07:31 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/07/florida.casey.anthony.next/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Whatever happens at sentencing, some still want Casey Anthony to pay

(CNN) -- Whether or not Casey Anthony goes free after her sentencing Thursday, the saga of the 25-year-old Orlando woman acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter is far from over.

The state of Florida and a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez want Anthony back in a courtroom soon, along with a firm that helped search for Anthony's daughter when she was reported missing.

Anthony is due in court Thursday for a sentencing hearing on four misdemeanor counts of lying to police regarding a missing person case -- the only charges she was convicted of during her seven-week long murder trial.

She avoided the most serious charges when a jury acquitted her of first degree murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter in the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee.

Each misdemeanor count carries a maximum sentence of one year in county jail, for which Judge Belvin Perry has the option of sentencing her consecutively or concurrently.

Many legal experts believe Anthony will be freed on time-served because she has already been jailed for about three years.

Now, Florida officials are asking that Anthony repay the state for the enormous cost of investigating the case.

In a motion filed Wednesday, the state is urging a judge to set a hearing so it can tally up costs and slap Anthony with the bill.

"The efforts and costs of the investigation were extensive and not immediately available and accordingly, the State of Florida respectfully requests this Court to set a hearing within 60 days to determine total costs," the motion says.

The motion cites a Florida law that allows the state to fine defendants in criminal cases to recoup money spent.

"I think that is such a bogus move by the state," CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said on CNN's "John King USA."

"Casey Anthony won and the state lost," he said. "The state's got to deal with that fact. Maybe they should be better at their jobs, not trying to sue the winner of this case. I just think that this is silly, trivial, demeaning to all concerned."

Marcia Clark, the former Los Angeles prosecutor in the 1995 O.J. Simpson murder trial, said California has a similar law that allows defendants to be fined.

"Look, we're all in dire straits financially and when a case costs undue amount of money and there's extra costs, really should the taxpayer bear that cost?" Clark said. "Why shouldn't the defendant bear the cost? She was convicted, after all. She wasn't completely acquitted."

Texas Equusearch, a firm that helped search for Anthony's daughter, also wants its money back..

The company said it used 4,200 searchers and spent $112,000 looking for Caylee in Florida after the girl was reported missing n July 2008, CNN affiliate KTRK reported.

Tim Miller, the head of company, told the affiliate he now believes Caylee was never missing -- and he is contemplating a lawsuit.

"This is the money that really needed to go to families that need us," Miller told the television station.

Additionally, Anthony will also have to deal with a defamation lawsuit from the real Zenaida Gonzalez.

At the time of Caylee's disappearance, Anthony told family members and police that a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler.

Authorities never found a nanny by that name who cared for Caylee. They did, however, find a woman named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, who denied ever meeting Anthony.

Gonzalez filed a defamation defamation lawsuit that has yet to be settled in court.

CNN's Vivian Kuo and Martin Savidge contributed to this report.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2011, 07:44 AM
She may have lied, but she didn't give multiple explanations for an event

Are you an outright liar or just ignorant of what transpired in the CA case?

OU Adonis
7/7/2011, 08:38 AM
Are you an outright liar or just ignorant of what transpired in the CA case?

Nancy Grace is that you? :D

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 08:51 AM
Breaking News:Judge sentences Casey Anthony to 4 years for lying to investigators in death of daughter

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 08:52 AM
(With credit for time served)

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 08:52 AM
(With credit for time served)

so 1 year now? right?

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 08:54 AM
Anthony, 25, was found guilty of four counts of lying to investigators and sentenced to a year in prison for each count. She was also fined $1,000 on each count.
Judge Belvin Perry, while giving her the maximum sentence, said Anthony could go free in late July or early August because she has already served nearly three years in jail and has had good behavior.

OutlandTrophy
7/7/2011, 08:55 AM
Breaking News:Judge sentences Casey Anthony to 4 years for lying to investigators in death of daughter

which is such a BS deal. Why can the police lie to us but we can't lie to them?

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 08:57 AM

I actually don't think they can routinely lie to citizens in any meaningful way...and in the instance they *do* lie to us, we don't spend public resources investigating.

But still, you have a good point.

OU Adonis
7/7/2011, 08:57 AM

Because they don't follow the same rules as the general public.

Which is BS.

tator
7/7/2011, 09:03 AM
Tot Mom had 31 days to repent, but instead she spent those days being sexually promiscuous and getting tattoos (thereby permanently defiling the temple of her body and locking herself out of heaven anyway) and probably laughing it up about the whole child-murder thing.

TOT MOM IS A SINNER. YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.
Wait, wait, wait.....is this guy serious?

The Profit
7/7/2011, 09:13 AM
Wait, wait, wait.....is this guy serious?

No, he is just being Thaum.

tator
7/7/2011, 09:16 AM
ok good. because we all know there's no heaven anyway....

cccasooner2
7/7/2011, 09:23 AM
if you all cant reach a reasonable understanding on the verdict by page 25, I am locking this fugger up

The end is near.

(Not to be confused with the sherrif is near.)

rekamrettuB
7/7/2011, 09:29 AM
The end is near.

http://blog.andyblume.com/img/gmm-bs1.jpg

http://blog.andyblume.com/img/gmm-bs2.jpg

BU BEAR
7/7/2011, 09:39 AM
I actually don't think they can routinely lie to citizens in any meaningful way...and in the instance they *do* lie to us, we don't spend public resources investigating.

But still, you have a good point.

They use lies and deception when interrogating suspects. It is fairly routine from what I have been told.

sooner_born_1960
7/7/2011, 09:40 AM
Does everyone keep the default 20 posts per page? Mine's set to 40. We are only half way there.

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 09:52 AM
They use lies and deception when interrogating suspects. It is fairly routine from what I have been told.

aaaaaah, I was thinking about the ol' routine interaction b/n police and citizens. Not someone being interrogated. I think you may be generally right, as long as the lies and trickery don't rise to the level of coercion.

Breadburner
7/7/2011, 10:12 AM
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv69/statepark2002/casey-and-oj.jpg

Penguin
7/7/2011, 10:31 AM

It's not usually against the law. The actual charge was lying to law enforcement during a missing persons case.

sappstuf
7/7/2011, 10:33 AM
She will be out by the end of this month or early August.

OutlandTrophy
7/7/2011, 10:33 AM
It's not usually against the law. The actual charge was lying to law enforcement during a missing persons case.

No, it's illegal to lie to the Police. If they are going to give you a field sobriety test and you tell them that you can't walk the line because you have a torn ACL when your ACL is fine then you have committed a crime.

Mongo
7/7/2011, 10:43 AM
No, it's illegal to lie to the Police. If they are going to give you a field sobriety test and you tell them that you can't walk the line because you have a torn ACL when your ACL is fine then you have committed a crime.

I am totally using the torn ACL trick next time

Mongo
7/7/2011, 10:44 AM
The end is near.

tell Dean to give me mod powers now and I will do it:D

Penguin
7/7/2011, 10:45 AM
The release date has been calculated. She gets out July 13, 2011. Next Wednesday.

Penguin
7/7/2011, 10:49 AM
Linky (http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/jul/07/103/casey-anthonys-ex-boyfriend-testifies-murder-trial-ar-1892700/)

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 10:56 AM
She might get injured...injured bad...when she makes it out into the Gen Pop of life.

Midtowner
7/7/2011, 11:02 AM

Not fairly routine, COMPLETELY routine.

Confess now, and I'll make a recommendation to the D.A. to ask for a lighter sentence = total B.S.

The only words out of your mouth should be:

1) Am I being detained? (if no, say you're leaving and actually do so)
2) (if you are being detained) Am I under arrest?
3) If no, ask when you can leave. If yes, the only words you say are "I want to talk to my lawyer."

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 11:09 AM
Not fairly routine, COMPLETELY routine.

Confess now, and I'll make a recommendation to the D.A. to ask for a lighter sentence = total B.S.

The only words out of your mouth should be:

1) Am I being detained? (if no, say you're leaving and actually do so)
2) (if you are being detained) Am I under arrest?
3) If no, ask when you can leave. If yes, the only words you say are "I want to talk to my lawyer."

This is all crap. Just tell them what they want to know and they'll go easy on you. Be 100% compliant with any requests made of or question asked to you.

There's no one more trustworthy than a cop or your government.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/7/2011, 11:16 AM
Every cop I have ever encountered...I use yes sir and no sir and was honest and polite...and I have never got in any trouble. oh and

lbOtyWTRZ_g

OU Adonis
7/7/2011, 11:20 AM
There's no one more trustworthy than a cop or your government.

You can't be serious can you?

okie52
7/7/2011, 11:48 AM
What? This one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Thaumaturge/wizard.jpg

Stop undressing him with your eyes, you scoundrel!

While this is outstanding, I thought the feces Wizard seemed the most powerful.

cccasooner2
7/7/2011, 11:58 AM
You can't be serious can you?

Huh, or was a comma missing?

okie52
7/7/2011, 12:02 PM
Is it wrong to ask an officer if he is gay?

Seems like that information is necessary for all issues.

Penguin
7/7/2011, 12:08 PM
Every cop I have ever encountered...I use yes sir and no sir and was honest and polite...and I have never got in any trouble.

I once confessed to killing a man in Reno just to watch him die. The judge was so happy that I told the truth that he shook my hand, gave me a lollipop, and told me to have a great day.

Telling the absolute truth to law enforcement is always a great idea!!! :)

pphilfran
7/7/2011, 12:41 PM
MMz-wi50ACU

Thanks for the reminder...I haven't listened to the early Queen in ages...

Not to highjack the thread...but what the hell, everyone needs a break from case...

Thems was some good times back then...

I spent the summer of 73 and 74 living on a pos lakehouse on Lake Latonka...me and two other dudes...

Worked nights at the grocery store and was skiing by 730 am and stayed on the lake till the wind blew us off...we had two ski boats...spent $90 on a wooden O'brien water ski...that sum bitch was a work of art, wish I still had it...we later "modified" it....we each had dirt bikes and we used the entire east side of the lake as our personal race track...

One of the guys had some top line Pioneer ****...a 100 watt amp and a turntable and a pair of cs99a speakers...cost him around a grand...my first taste in quality stereo systems...might not have been the most accurate...but it could get LOUD...and a 20 year old living on the lake wanted it LOUD...

There were so many new bands starting up...we had the old Zeppiln and Sabbath and then along came Aerosmith (Get Your Wings!) the above mentioned Queen...even the old REO II rocked the old 8 track while we tore up the lake and the beer and the smoke...

It was a 24 hour party...we had a old round top Coke machine that was set up to dispense for eight cents..so we loaded it with beer and "charged" everyone for the cold ones...if we had less than two oz's in the house we were in a panic...

I wish it were 1973 once again....

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 04:32 PM
Jurors' responseAfter the trial ended, the 12 jurors did not initially want to discuss the verdict with the media.[95] 51-year-old Russell Huekler, an alternate juror who stepped forward the day of the verdict, said, "The prosecution didn't provide the evidence that was there for any of the charges from first-degree murder down to second-degree murder to the child abuse to even the manslaughter (charge). It just wasn't there."[96]

The next day Jennifer Ford, a 32-year-old nursing student who was juror #3, told ABC News, "I did not say she was innocent," but also, "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be." She said that the jurors were "sick to their stomachs" over the decision to deliver a "Not Guilty" verdict and that it overwhelmed them to the point where they did not want to talk to reporters afterwards.[97][98]

Juror #2, a 46-year-old male who requested to stay unidentified, told the St. Petersburg Times that "everybody agreed if we were going fully on feelings and emotions, she was done". He stated that a lack of evidence was the reason for the not guilty verdict saying, "I just swear to God ... I wish we had more evidence to put her away. I truly do ... But it wasn't there." He also said that Anthony was "not a good person in my opinion."[99]

Juror #6, identified by WTSP as Brian Berling, told gossip website TMZ.com that he is willing to be interviewed "so long as the opportunities are paid".

Pricetag
7/7/2011, 05:21 PM
I don't get why they couldn't consider that the reason there was so little evidence is because she kept everything under wraps for a month. She actively made it nearly impossible to convict her.

OUMallen
7/7/2011, 05:29 PM
I don't get why they couldn't consider that the reason there was so little evidence is because she kept everything under wraps for a month. She actively made it nearly impossible to convict her.

That's a very good point.

yermom
7/7/2011, 07:35 PM

i'm thinking the result of this trial might be that lying to police like she did might have penalties with more teeth

StoopTroup
7/7/2011, 08:13 PM
I can't wait for the Day Casey tries to Adopt.

texaspokieokie
7/8/2011, 11:05 AM
i'm thinking the result of this trial might be that lying to police like she did might have penalties with more teeth

she got 4 yrs for lying.

stevo
7/8/2011, 12:52 PM

Please explain Your Random capitalization. you Fascinate me.

JohnnyMack
7/8/2011, 12:54 PM
Please explain Your Random capitalization. you Fascinate me.

He's slowly devolving into OleVet.

Thaumaturge
7/8/2011, 12:58 PM

Why do you want her to adopt a baby? Do you really think she'll be ready for motherhood?

pphilfran
7/8/2011, 01:03 PM
Why do you want her to adopt a baby? Do you really think she'll be ready for motherhood?

Of course...she has learned from her past mistakes...bury them deeper....

JohnnyMack
7/8/2011, 01:08 PM
Of course...she has learned from her past mistakes...bury them deeper....

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2011/7/7/c1be7a48-7149-48ed-a9fc-07bb64232154_thumb.jpeg

StoopTroup
7/8/2011, 01:15 PM
Since she didn't do it, how do you turn her down? There are so many kids who need love and Casey seems ready. She's had 3 years to mourn the loss of her Daughter and I think it's high time she gets back on the horse. Finding a decent man and 9 months of carrying a baby? Why not adopt now and if it works out that she can find a Husband that's ready to start a Family she can.

I would tune in a lot if they make a reality TV Show and think of how much fun the Nancy Grace clips will be as Casey begins her new life.

I bet she moves to LA and hopefully tries to get a job with Disneyland. What about a job at the LaBrea Tar Pits? :D

yermom
7/8/2011, 01:41 PM
the real question is, how long will it take her to get knocked up again?