PDA

View Full Version : OSU Hit By Dementors

JLEW1818
7/5/2011, 09:38 AM
[hairGel] :D

badger
7/5/2011, 10:24 AM
47-41. 27-0. 61-41. 49-17. 27-21. 42-14. 38-35. 52-9.

:stunned: "I felt weird, like I'd never be cheerful again."

NormanPride
7/5/2011, 11:20 AM
:D

Fraggle145
7/5/2011, 11:26 AM
:dean:

soonerloyal
7/5/2011, 11:39 AM
Stoops: Confundus! Flipendo! Diffindo! Wingardium Leviosa! Expelliarmus! Reducto! Immobilus! Protego!

BP: Somebody get their a** over here and Obliviate me.

PROUD Harry Potter Nerd here.

badger
7/5/2011, 12:03 PM
10 days till the final movie :D

10 decommitted recruits till Poke fan heads all explode simultaneously :stunned:

budbarrybob
7/5/2011, 12:48 PM
Stoops: Confundus! Flipendo! Diffindo! Wingardium Leviosa! Expelliarmus! Reducto! Immobilus! Protego!

BP: Somebody get their a** over here and Obliviate me.

PROUD Harry Potter Nerd here.

You've already been stupified with the HP nonsense... just like the rest of my family.

tfoolry
7/5/2011, 12:50 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/funny-awesome-photos-21.jpg

DarrellZero
7/5/2011, 01:08 PM
Their fans are in no danger.

They're already demented. http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0064.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

SunnySooner
7/5/2011, 02:17 PM
My patronus is a pair of shetland ponies.

Look, there's a pic of them in my avvie. :D

badger
7/5/2011, 03:12 PM
When OSU casts its patronus, T. Boone appears.

But when T. Boone appears, a huge gust of wind (power energy on a big west Texas ranch) hits Stillwater, showing his imminent (or rather EMINENT domain) wrath upon anything that doesn't hedge (fund, you know, the one that lost most of its value) its bets in his interests. Then, all of OSU's independence from Boone's control becomes invisible (athletic village! it's just a big empty lot of dirt!)

SunnySooner
7/5/2011, 03:26 PM
That would be one sucky patronus. Hell, at least a Pistol Pete could shoot smoke bullets. It would still suck, but it might slow 'em down a little. Not much, but a little.

badger
7/5/2011, 04:16 PM
Hmmm... football patronuses around the Big 12?

Iowa State: Paul Rhodes giving a fiery locker room speech.
Kansas: A basketball. Football and suffering will be over soon.
Kansas State: Eastern Kentucky. Non-conference schedules take all the doom and gloom away!
Baylor: Kim Mulkey is a dementor, so they have no patronus, because then the dementor would go away.
Texas Tech: A lobbyist. Just try and move to another conference without us, big boy schools.
Texas A&M: The year 1939. We were legit once! We beat TCU to prove it!
Texas: Death Eaters don't cast patronuses, unless they are Snape, but Texas is no Snape.

SunnySooner
7/5/2011, 05:16 PM
LOL, Badj. I'm assuming OU is borrowing my shetland ponies?

badger
7/5/2011, 05:23 PM

Definitely :)

OUInformant
7/5/2011, 05:44 PM
47-41. 27-0. 61-41. 49-17. 27-21. 42-14. 38-35. 52-9.

:stunned: "I felt weird, like I'd never be cheerful again."

If you put the scores in a random order, it would still be pretty easy to tell which games were in Norman and which were on the road.

soonerloyal
7/5/2011, 06:38 PM
You've already been stupified with the HP nonsense... just like the rest of my family.

Squib. :D

The Ghost of Mex
7/5/2011, 07:00 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LCNidLerl_U/S9Bid9mVZ3I/AAAAAAAAAwo/beusAyHYzFM/s320/dementors1.jpg

PalmBeachSooner
7/6/2011, 01:03 PM
When OSU casts its patronus, T. Boone appears.

But when T. Boone appears, a huge gust of wind (power energy on a big west Texas ranch) hits Stillwater, showing his imminent (or rather EMINENT domain) wrath upon anything that doesn't hedge (fund, you know, the one that lost most of its value) its bets in his interests. Then, all of OSU's independence from Boone's control becomes invisible (athletic village! it's just a big empty lot of dirt!)

Holy Bar Stool. You are a lawyer.

Mississippi Sooner
7/6/2011, 01:16 PM
So, has Dean hit anyone with his mega-spekker because of this thread yet?

badger
7/6/2011, 01:29 PM
So, has Dean hit anyone with his mega-spekker because of this thread yet?

No, but perhaps if we list what each school sees when a Dementor is around he'll relent :D

(I am actually surprised a copycat thread has lasted this long on the football forum, but I guess I'm helping hehe)

Iowa State: The dissolving of the Big 12. More than any other Big 12 school, they'd have no place to go and they know it.

Kansas: Remembering the ticket scandal. Highly embarrassing.

KSU: The inevitable retirement (again) of Bill Snyder. It's not that nobody else can succeed at Kansas State, its that Bill is the only one who wants to be there that can succeed.

OSU: T. Boone disinheriting them. It's the fear of every heir that expects huge wealth to come their way.

OU: The loss of Bob Stoops. We could replace him with another Bob, or another Barry or another Bud, yes, but do we want to?

Baylor: "And Harry Potter and all his little wizard friends went straight to hell for practicing witchcraft!"

Tech: A Texas divorce. Even if they were better off without Texas, it will still probably kill them.

A&M: A mirror, showing them how silly all of their traditions really are. Sooner or later, every Aggie realizes that "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it" is just a poor excuse and nothing else.

Texas: The state of Oklahoma. How can a state with income tax, a lower population and fewer Big 12 institutes pwn them on a regular basis? Even Lord Voldy fears his former teacher.

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 01:58 PM
Best copycat thread ever.

soonerchk
7/6/2011, 02:23 PM
Hmmm... football patronuses around the Big 12?

Iowa State: Paul Rhodes giving a fiery locker room speech.
Kansas: A basketball. Football and suffering will be over soon.
Kansas State: Eastern Kentucky. Non-conference schedules take all the doom and gloom away!
Baylor: Kim Mulkey is a dementor, so they have no patronus, because then the dementor would go away.
Texas Tech: A lobbyist. Just try and move to another conference without us, big boy schools.
Texas A&M: The year 1939. We were legit once! We beat TCU to prove it!
Texas: Death Eaters don't cast patronuses, unless they are Snape, but Texas is no Snape.

I hate it when I get to the party and all the best snacks are gone. Kind of like right now.

badger
7/6/2011, 02:38 PM
Pbbth, there's plenty of Harry Potter crap to still go around. Why don't you do which house every Big 12 school would be in and why? :D

:mad: And no putting everyone else in Slytherin. I want equal representation on all four houses here (and you can include Colorado and Nebraska to give each house three each if you want)

soonerchk
7/6/2011, 03:02 PM
Gryffindor - OU, Nebraska, A&M. We're obvious, Nebraska makes it simply because they have legit tradition. Aggies made it because they were always kind enough to beat texass when it would help us the most.

Hufflepuff - Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State. They try, but bless their hearts not much will ever get accomplished

Ravenclaw - Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas. They always look pretty good for a while and then they have to play Gryffendor when it really matters and they can't pull it off.

Slytherin - texass, Texas Tech, OSU. Evil cheaters

badger
7/6/2011, 03:06 PM
OK... now give them all a Harry Potter pet :D

Hissy hissy little snakey
Slither on the floor
You be good to Bevo
Or he'll nail you to the door

:mack:

soonerchk
7/6/2011, 03:15 PM
OK... now give them all a Harry Potter pet :D

Hissy hissy little snakey
Slither on the floor
You be good to Bevo
Or he'll nail you to the door

:mack:

Hey, I'm just a numbers girl, that took every ounce of creativity I have!

badger
7/6/2011, 03:35 PM
Fiiiiiine, here goes:

Iowa State: Trevor the toad. Someone loves him, but even Hagrid knows those pets are outta style.

Kansas: Fawkes the phoenix. Burns in a fiery death during football season, only to be reborn and come alive again by basketball season.

KSU: Ripper the bulldog. There is nothing magical about Ripper whatsoever, he's just annoying and grumbling around on the floor with its annoying aunt of an owner.

Mizzou: Crookshanks. The mysterious cat that some people loathe, but some people love... for some reason.

Oklahoma: A snowy owl, because that's the Harry Potter pet everyone wants :)

OSU: Basilisk. If you stare at its eyes or the bright orange too long, it'll blind you. Has an evil master.

Baylor: Pigwidgeon, the tiny owl that chokes on its own meal. Why is it that everything Ron owns is rubbish?

Tech: A lawn gnome. Pick it up by its ears and toss it as far as you can.

A&M: Scabbers. Sure, seems like a nice, loyal little rat now, but you're a traitor ready to bolt for the SEC if only your real master Texas would let you.

Texas: Nagini. Does all your dirty work so you can save face and keep your factured soul together. Kind of like Big 12's Beebe.

soonerchk
7/6/2011, 03:45 PM
A million years with a million monkeys on a million computers, and maybe I could have come up with something half that good.

badger
7/6/2011, 04:34 PM
And now, the Big 12 in Potter books!

Those crappy knockoff books that suck: Iowa State and Baylor. Nobody will ever read you, even though you're the shortest in the stack and you have "J.K. Rowling" on the cover. You suck. Period. And you shouldn't be considered part of the Harry Potter book series.

Beedle the Bard: KSU. You might have gotten mentioned once in one of the books, but really, you're not part of the series, or the discussion, most of the time when talking Harry Potter.

Sorcerer's Stone: Missouri, which also goes by another name sometimes just like this book (Mizzou, or Misery, lol), helped get this conference (I mean book series) started way back when, long enough ago that we don't remember when.

Chamber of Secrets: OSU. Oh, you mean the evilest wizard was behind everything bad all along? Whoops... spoiler. Hope you all have read it.

Prisoner of Azkaban: Kansas. The villain really isn't a villain, nothing to fear at all, just like Kansas during football season.

Goblet of Fire: Tech. Ever notice how the goblet really wasn't part of the main story at all after the beginning? Not really relevant. But makes a cool sounding title, I guess.

Order of the Phoenix: The longest book in the series is really filled with a lot of filler nonsense not central to the main story... kind of like how Texas is usually not in the discussion for conference titles, even though they have a bigger stadium, bigger TV payout and bigger egos.

Half-Blood Prince: A&M. This book filled a need... the book before the most important, final book. It was well liked and appreciated... until the next book came out. Then, it was just another in the series. The movie cut out about everything in it to make it theater-length. Kind of like if an Aggie were to try to explain all of their traditions, you shush them and say "Just stop squeezing yourself, I don't care why you do it."

Deathly Hallows: OU. Because we have the final word. And we answer all questions. The answers we don't give, you didn't need in the first place.

JLEW1818
7/6/2011, 04:41 PM
nice Badger

CowboyMRW
7/6/2011, 09:38 PM
Badj is on point haha. Man I'm ready for the final Potter movie

badger
7/7/2011, 07:50 AM
Seeing how you all love Harry Potter, here are some quotes from the various books that might apply to each Big 12 school:

"After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
-Texas, who pretty much killed off everything they built over the Mack years by going 5-7

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that."
-Texas A&M. Remember when we won the national title in 1939? Remember when we won the Big 12 back around the time it started? Remember way back when? Tradition! Aggie! Whoooooop!

"As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them."
-Poke State. Sure, Boone Daddy is buying you nice things now, just wait till he gets bored of you not winning the Big 12 every year and turns all his namesake stuff into wind farms and somehow acquires your water rights.

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
- Mizzou, who lost its brain talking about going to the Big Ten. Look for the Big 12 to make sure it is never strong enough to leave on its own accord.

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-OU, who owns up to its NCAA issues, and who stayed with the Big 12, even if with SEC and Pac-16 possibilities.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
- ISU, who lost its coach Gene Chizik to Auburn even as he was losing and stuck with him, only to hire a much better, more passionate fan-favorite coach in Paul Rhodes

"In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own."
- Tech, if they think they'll succeed without Mike Leach, or that Tuberville won't leave at his first chance to bolt.

"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."
-Baylor. Robert Griffin III is going to graduate soon and you're going to go back to not being a bowl team. Sorry.

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Kansas, whose evil athletic director fired Mangino only a few years removed from an Orange Bowl, but then was let go himself when it was discovered that they were screwing their fans with basketball ticket sales.

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."
-Kansas State, who are just borrowing time at this point keeping Bill Snyder around. Seriously, your program is back in the crapper when he's gone. And he doesn't have many years of coaching left.

soonerchk
7/7/2011, 11:34 AM
Dayum Girl, I applaud you!

badger
7/7/2011, 12:26 PM
Sooo... got some Potter fans here, eh? Wellllll... let's see if I can try another Pottesque topic...

Big 12 in Quidditch:

Seeker: OU, because we are the most important, we end the games, and even if we don't win, we score a sh!tload of points.

Keeper: Texas (or its legislature), for safeguarding the Big 12 from extinction. But don't get too big of a head. Every opponent is flying toward you fast, hoping to knock you out now.

Beaters: Kansas State and Oklahoma State. Why is it that these two always seem to spoil other teams' seasons, knocking them out of conference title contention or in some cases, national title contention?

Chasers: Mizzou and Tech. They really had a lot of offense and were fun to watch for awhile... however, the loss of Mizzou's media darling quarterbacks to the Neffel and Tech's firing of Leach means they might not hold this designation forever.

Bludgers: Iowa State and Kansas. If you lose to those two, it really, REALLY hurts. However, they're mostly just things you kick around the field.

Quaffle: A&M. You just look at the Quaffle, you just SAY the word "quaffle" and you think wtf. A ball with four dimples. Mkay.

Golden Snitch: Baylor. Tiny and hard to see. Might sometime much, much later in the game be important, but not right now. Can go months without being seen.

SunnySooner
7/7/2011, 01:18 PM
LOL, Baj, if you ever make it down here, let me know, I want to go to Harry Land at Universal with you, I'm sure I'll see it thru entirely new eyes!!!

And I want to see your face when you drink your first butterbeer, omg, if it had alcohol in it, I'd be laying in a gutter somewhere, selling one of my kids so I could by more, holy moley, gooood stuff.

badger
7/7/2011, 01:24 PM
Sooo... if anyone ever desires sh!tloads of green spek, just make a sh!tload of Harry Potter references on the football board? :D

http://i51.tinypic.com/33w35at.png

PS: Lol at the red one. :D

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 01:29 PM
dang. i the one who made the thread!!!! :D

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 01:32 PM
^^^^^ I am three of those. Oh and because Harry Potter is awesome and football is awesome when you bring the two together it is a supernova of awesomeness. And that looked like it took some time. badger, you make great posts and when you post Harry Potter/Football you will always get my spek.

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 01:32 PM
dang. i the one who made the thread!!!! :D

And it is awesome. I have already said it is the best copycat thread ever, what else do you need!? :D

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 01:33 PM
Sooo... if anyone ever desires sh!tloads of green spek, just make a sh!tload of Harry Potter references on the football board? :D

badger, do you even look at your spek anymore? :)

soonerchk
7/7/2011, 01:49 PM

http://i51.tinypic.com/33w35at.png

I made a HP post and got nada. And whoever says "what chk said" is gonna get punched in the ovaries.

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 01:56 PM
I made a HP post and got nada. And whoever says "what chk said" is gonna get punched in the ovaries.

I don't have ovaries. Oh but don't punch me where you think they might be.

Oh and sorry about that. I didn't know that was a bad thing. :O

soonerchk
7/7/2011, 01:59 PM
If I'm going to make the effort to comment, you can at least come up with some kind of spek comment. Feel free to quote me. :D

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 02:04 PM
Done. I will make the most exquisite of spek comment when I give spek.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/7/2011, 02:07 PM
I hate Harry Potter!!!

(waiting on my sh!tload of green spek) :D

badger
7/7/2011, 02:08 PM
badger, do you even look at your spek anymore? :)

Sometimes people leave me questions or ideas, so yeah, I peek.

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 02:11 PM
I thought I had a good bit of spek, but does that say 22 million+?

Thats is a while to go for me. :(

SunnySooner
7/7/2011, 02:14 PM
What?!?!? I got no love for my shetland ponies patronus!!! That was my only original thought all WEEK!! Baj is YOUNG, it's easier for her!!! Cheap Bastages!!!

Wait, isn't there some rule about spek? I fergit. See, that's what happens when you get all old and decrepit.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/7/2011, 02:18 PM
badger gets spekked all the time because this board is filled with nothing but perv's...

badger
7/7/2011, 02:19 PM
The rule is don't talk about it, but it's offseason so I made an exception. I've probably received gallons of red for it. I probably should have warned you before you all started posting about spek. Ah well.

SoonerofAlabama
7/7/2011, 02:21 PM
But, there is a whole bunch of spek being talked about on the spek thread.

soonerchk
7/7/2011, 02:30 PM
What?!?!? I got no love for my shetland ponies patronus!!! That was my only original thought all WEEK!! Baj is YOUNG, it's easier for her!!! Cheap Bastages!!!

Wait, isn't there some rule about spek? I fergit. See, that's what happens when you get all old and decrepit.

IKNOWRYTE??? We need to just spek each other since no one else cares about us.

badger
7/7/2011, 05:16 PM
In an effort to get no more green, I give you: The Recent History of the Big 12, Harry Potter Style.

Potter: After six straight years of winning the House Cup, Slytherin gets bested by rival Gryffindor and continues its downward spiral as Lord Voldy rises in power again.
Big 12: Texas loses the national title game, Texas introduces those ugly awful statues, Texas removes those ugly awful statues, Texas goes 5-7 and missed the postseason, Texas guts the coaching staff...

Potter: Hermione the insufferable know-it-all, organizes SPEW.
Big 12: Mizzou, the insufferable big-ten-it-all, organizes "The Forgotten Five"

Potter: Malfoy creates "Support Cedric Diggory" and "Weasley is our King" badges... which are really not all that positive.
Big 12: Opponents buy Texas crap, then turn it upside down Hook em

Potter: Three schools comes together for the Triwizard Tournament to determine the one, singular champion. Like all of the other books, Harry triumphant, Harry wins, Harry Harry Harry
Big 12: For two of the past three years, there has been a three-way tie for the Big 12 South. Like all the other seasons (mostly), OU triumphant, OU wins, OU OU OU

Potter: Students hate Snape for obvious bias against their House
Big 12: Refs get booed regardless if the call is against the home team.

Potter: Harry is forced to return home each summer to his aunt, uncle and cousin, which he really doesn't enjoy at all.
Big 12: No SEC for Texas A&M, no Big Ten for Mizzou, get your butts back to the Big 12, boys!

Potter phrase you will never hear: Hworfleporf winz House Carp!
Big 12 phrase you will never hear: Baylor wins the national title, and it wasn't in womens basketball this time!

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2011, 05:42 PM
badger gets spekked all the time because this board is filled with nothing but perv's...

I resemble that comment...

fossil
7/7/2011, 07:13 PM
:eek: You know, the more I read posts in this thread, the more I'm convinced that you're all a bunch of mental patients in the nuthouse there in Norman and you've all somehow gained access to laptops with internet connections. This is the craziest damned thread I've ever read. Either that, or I'm just too damned stupid to figure out what the hell you people are talking about!!!!

soonerchk
7/8/2011, 11:50 AM
:eek: You know, the more I read posts in this thread, the more I'm convinced that you're all a bunch of mental patients in the nuthouse there in Norman and you've all somehow gained access to laptops with internet connections. This is the craziest damned thread I've ever read. Either that, or I'm just too damned stupid to figure out what the hell you people are talking about!!!!

Can we vote on the correct answer?

Sooner Among The Pack
7/21/2011, 12:57 PM
I had to post this here, since it's a relevant Harry Potter thread, and over in the fark forum. I'm actually a Harry Potter fan, so I'm not hating, but I can imagine that some hilarity is likely to ensue from this SI gallery.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1107/quidditch.college.campus/content.7.html

Case in point: Da U.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1107/quidditch.college.campus/images/miami-quidditch.jpg

soonerchk
7/21/2011, 01:04 PM
Is it wrong for me to think that looks kind of fun?

badger
7/21/2011, 01:25 PM
Just had to spring this thread back to life, eh?

I must be the only one out that's read all of the books that has yet to see the final movie. So... in dishonor of this, I give you: The subtitle of Harry Potter book as related to the Big 12:

The Sorcerer's Stone: An OSU golf ball. In years when you can't win in rasslin', this tiny little sport with a ball that fits conveniently in your pocket will keep your national championship argument alive long after it should have been dead... because you'll never beat us in football again and that all either of our fanbases care about.

The Chamber of Secrets: What exactly is this Longhorn Network and what will be broadcast on it? I don't know, but there are many getting petrified by it and without the culprit found soon, the Big 12 may have to close.

The Prisoner of Azkaban: Oh Baylor, we were so worried that you were foe, but all along, you've been a friend. You'll never kill us in football, even the media is hyping how dangerous you are with RG3, hehe.

The Goblet of Fire: And the Big 12 South championship game berth goes to (wait for the goblet)... Oklahoma! (texas angry!). And the Big 12 BCS at-large berth goes to (waits for the goblet)... Kansas! (mizzou angry!). And the next OU-OSU game will be hosted in... (waits for goblet)... Stillwater! (meh)

The Order of the Phoenix: The Big 12 itself may have had a few casualties along the way and some may not consider us as strong as we once were, but we're still out fighting the good fight, even if some of us don't trust Snape (Texas A&M) or Mundungus Fletcher (Texas)

The Half-Blood Prince: Oh Iowa State. You can make your uniforms look like USC and give yourself cool new logos and even hire an upstart firey coach, but nobody really knows much about you or why you're here. But, with your help (embarrassing our foes) and we'll keep winning Big 12 titles :)

The Deathly Hallows: So, Texas A&M. You want to join the unbeatable SEC so you can conjure up or long, lost past of winning national titles (or rather, "title?"). Those two paths will only lead your football program to its death. However, if you just let your feelings become invisible, you may be able to get what you desire. But, we all know that you're not smart enough to hide your UT angst.

JLEW1818
7/21/2011, 01:28 PM
read all books, gonna see part 2 this weekend

soonerchk
7/21/2011, 01:35 PM
I haven't seen either of the final 2 movies. I've been waiting for a magical time to open up where I could at least see them on consecutive days. Starting to think it won't happen, so I might as well just get on with it.

NMSooner'80
7/21/2011, 01:36 PM
I'm probably in the wrong generation to "get" Harry Potter and see the movies. But I have enjoyed this thread so far.

I would also like to add that my main Harry Potter reference, where OU has been concerned, was when I watched an OU-Kansas men's basketball game on TV (circa 2003) and the OU students chanted "Harry Potter!" at KU guard Kirk Heinrich. That was funny!

soonerchk
7/21/2011, 02:41 PM
I'm probably in the wrong generation to "get" Harry Potter and see the movies. But I have enjoyed this thread so far.

I would also like to add that my main Harry Potter reference, where OU has been concerned, was when I watched an OU-Kansas men's basketball game on TV (circa 2003) and the OU students chanted "Harry Potter!" at KU guard Kirk Heinrich. That was funny!

If you can still see enough to read, then you'll enjoy Potter.

LakeRat
7/21/2011, 02:55 PM
What is spek?