7/4/2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.spinner.com/2008/08/01/top-20-worst-bad-songs-ever-no-20/

20. Final Countdown, Europe

17. Achy Breaky Heart, Billy Ray Cyrus

13. Convoy, C.W. McCall

8. Ebony & Ivory, Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder

stoopified
7/4/2011, 01:45 PM
I Can't believe Ebony and Ivory mace the list and Don't Worry , Be Happy didn't.

pphilfran
7/4/2011, 01:56 PM
My Sharona...

SoonerofAlabama
7/4/2011, 02:00 PM
Several of those are songs that just get stuck in your head when you hear them. Ice, Ice Baby. Who Let The Dogs Out. Can't Touch This. I'm Too Sexy. Just some awful songs.

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 02:28 PM
C-u5WLJ9Yk4

oumartin
7/4/2011, 02:33 PM
Just list 20 of nirvannas songs and you have a great list of crap songs.

Can't touch this was awesome.

silverwheels
7/4/2011, 02:35 PM
It must have been exhausting to narrow that down to 20 songs, and they still missed a lot. Like, hundreds of songs.

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 02:36 PM
E1o0BwuuByw

Scott D
7/4/2011, 02:38 PM

this.

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 02:40 PM
This guy won't add sound because he think these are so bad....lol

o5zVOlibSqk&feature=related

rhCkfQ5nzaI

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 02:48 PM
Jm-i35k4vX8

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 02:50 PM
Since the worst ones are Nirvana Song's.....this must be some people's favorite song....

fbGkxcY7YFU

Scott D
7/4/2011, 02:54 PM
Rockwell > Samwell

salth2o
7/4/2011, 02:55 PM

THIS X's eleventy billion.

Sooner_Tuf
7/4/2011, 03:14 PM
muFrRWKOPQA

nighttrain12
7/4/2011, 03:23 PM
Britney's songs shouldn't be on that list because they almost all have videos and at least that part is entertaining.

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 03:31 PM
Britney's songs shouldn't be on that list because they almost all have videos and at least that part is entertaining.

Spinner got this wrong....

kXooLQBN3F4
gJLIiF15wjQ

GDC
7/4/2011, 05:20 PM
I never understood all the hate for Creed, other than for Scott Stapp being a tool.

Mark Tremonti is an excellent songwriter and guitar player. With a real singer who's not a ****** (Myles Kennedy) he has done even better with Alter Bridge.

hawaii 5-0
7/4/2011, 05:28 PM
One that come's to mind is Betcha By Golly Wow by the Stylistics.

I love R & B but that one turns my stomach.

5-0

Trump/ Gordy 2012

ouwasp
7/4/2011, 05:32 PM
Anything by nickleback causes me to hit the button. Guy sounds like he has perpetual constipation.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/4/2011, 05:39 PM
maybe I'm too old, but "Angel Baby" by Rosie and the Originals should be included.

oumartin
7/4/2011, 05:43 PM
Anything by nickleback causes me to hit the button. Guy sounds like he has perpetual constipation.

Thems fightin' words right there.

tommieharris91
7/4/2011, 05:58 PM
Video killed the radio star.

hawaii 5-0
7/4/2011, 06:01 PM

Tho it's very techno-pop, I liked it. My Sharona too.

Just a matter of taste, huh?

5-0

Trump/ Wolfgang 2012

GKeeper316
7/4/2011, 06:14 PM
Thems fightin' words right there.

ok so lemme get this straight... you think nickleback is great music, but think anything nirvana did should be on the list of worst songs ever.

you don't have the first ****ing clue about music. i'll bet you never bothered to learn to play an instrument did you?

oumartin
7/4/2011, 06:26 PM
ok so lemme get this straight... you think nickleback is great music, but think anything nirvana did should be on the list of worst songs ever.

you don't have the first ****ing clue about music. i'll bet you never bothered to learn to play an instrument did you?

Show your ignorance much?

I played trumpet from age 5

I didn't say nickelback was complex music but it's easy listening good ole fashioned rock n roll.

Nothing nirvana did was complex either, but their music never appealed to me.

I grew up in a musicical household, my dad was a fantastic drummer even when stoned. I have one uncle that taught band in numerous high schools. My son can play both electric and bass guitars.

Ones taste in music has nothing to do with ones musical ability. Thats just stupid.

Oh, and I was recruit chief petty officer of the naval recruit band company 915.

silverwheels
7/4/2011, 06:33 PM
I don't really care for Nirvana or Nickelback, but I'd rather listen to Nirvana. Nickelback is hardly easy listening for me. It requires a lot of effort not to kill everyone around me and myself whenever I have the misfortune of Nickelback entering my earholes.

lexsooner
7/4/2011, 06:58 PM

Really? It has to be one of the most unique pop hits in history. I would give the makers credit for their creativity.

TheLadiesMike
7/4/2011, 07:04 PM
Look at me, I have a contrarian opinion about music.

yermom
7/4/2011, 07:06 PM
Nickelback is the new Creed

They both suck.

Turd_Ferguson
7/4/2011, 07:07 PM
p8iouO9JRH0

:D:D

oumartin
7/4/2011, 07:14 PM
Nickelback is the new Beatles

They both kick(ed) @ss.

FIFY

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 07:15 PM
Nickelback is the new Creed

They both suck.

Aren't they the ones that play everything in Open D tuning?

SoonerofAlabama
7/5/2011, 02:26 AM

Anyone remember this:

FklUAoZ6KxY

Peach Fuzz
7/5/2011, 02:42 AM
Aren't they the ones that play everything in Open D tuning?

Actually, when I tab 'modern' rock, most of it is drop d, or dadgad

2Dogs
7/5/2011, 06:07 AM
Anything by black eyed peas goes on the suck list. My humps has got to be the worst thing ever recorded.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 06:16 AM
Hmmmm, I liked Nirvana....don't care much for Nickleback

If you hate My Humps (and who doesn't?) and want a laugh, do a youtube search for Alanis Morrisettes spoof on the song....hilarious

soonerloyal
7/5/2011, 07:30 AM
How the hell is MacArthur Park not on this list?

fadada1
7/5/2011, 08:42 AM
Since the worst ones are Nirvana Song's.....this must be some people's favorite song....

fbGkxcY7YFU

WHAT IN THE WIDE, WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS IS THIS???????

rekamrettuB
7/5/2011, 08:42 AM
So is this the top 20 songs that were hits?

Billy Bob Thornton's song to Angelina Jolie would be somewhere on this poll.

KantoSooner
7/5/2011, 08:53 AM
My Sharona...

You are correct.

JohnnyMack
7/5/2011, 09:34 AM
Show your ignorance much?

I played trumpet from age 5

I didn't say nickelback was complex music but it's easy listening good ole fashioned rock n roll.

Nothing nirvana did was complex either, but their music never appealed to me.

I grew up in a musicical household, my dad was a fantastic drummer even when stoned. I have one uncle that taught band in numerous high schools. My son can play both electric and bass guitars.

Ones taste in music has nothing to do with ones musical ability. Thats just stupid.

Oh, and I was recruit chief petty officer of the naval recruit band company 915.

Nickleback.

Lulz.

http://www.cherrybombed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/nickelback-blows.jpg

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 09:37 AM
its a good thing we dont truly base our musical tastes on whether we're able to play an instrument or not

i played the trumpet from 6th grade till the 9th when i got braces....i remember when i learned to play the theme song from M.A.S.H.......at the time, that WAS the best song on the planet

lexsooner
7/5/2011, 10:29 AM
Two more bad hit songs:

Working in a Coal Mine by Devo.

Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen.

lexsooner
7/5/2011, 10:37 AM
its a good thing we dont truly base our musical tastes on whether we're able to play an instrument or not

i played the trumpet from 6th grade till the 9th when i got braces....i remember when i learned to play the theme song from M.A.S.H.......at the time, that WAS the best song on the planet

I remember playing the clarinet in middle school band and we were just plain awful. One time they made the mistake of combining us with some other terrible middles school bands and having us go onto the field and play during halftime of a high school football game. Well, the conductor who organized this thing did not get up on a tower, but instead tried to conduct from ground level, but none of us could see him, so nobody could follow him at all. It sounded something worse than horrible, like a cacophony of screeching cats. We never got invited back, needless to say.

soonerchk
7/5/2011, 10:48 AM
I Can't believe Ebony and Ivory mace the list and Don't Worry , Be Happy didn't.

Hating Stevie Wonder is a sin.

My Sharona...

You must be a Commie pinko.

How the hell is MacArthur Park not on this list?
My personal #1 for the worst song ever. Who is stupid enough to leave a cake out in the rain and then whine about it?

Ice Ice Baby does not belong on that list. It's so bad that it's awesome.

Mississippi Sooner
7/5/2011, 10:51 AM
My personal #1 for the worst song ever. Who is stupid enough to leave a cake out in the rain and then whine about it?

Especially after she took so long to bake it.

jk the sooner fan

apparently you've never made a cake that took so long to bake it, and you'll never have the recipe again - otherwise you'd clearly understand why she was so distraught at having left it out in the rain

JohnnyMack
Ice Ice Baby does not belong on that list. It's so bad that it's awesome.

Yeah that selection pretty much invalidated that list in my mind.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 10:53 AM
Vanilla Ice paved the way for white rappers - he is the buddy holly of white rappers

you can BUH LEE DAT

soonerchk
7/5/2011, 11:08 AM
apparently you've never made a cake that took so long to bake it, and you'll never have the recipe again - otherwise you'd clearly understand why she was so distraught at having left it out in the rain

Well how did she bake it without the stupid recipe in the first place? Probably wasn't all that tasty to begin with.

Oldnslo
7/5/2011, 11:09 AM
So many of these lists suffer from a "time bias". I think we'd be better off with a list of horrid songs by decade. How else, for instance, can you explain the omission of Jigsaw's Greatest Hit, "Sky High". That's a groaner. Where is "Billy, Don't Be a Hero"? How can you leave off "You Light Up My Life"?

Pat Boone did a bunch of remakes of metal songs. Hilarious (intentionally). And horrible. Paul Anka (I think) remade Van Halen's "Jump" to great humor. But it suxxors, too.

New York, London, Paris, Munich
Everybody talk about mmmmm Pop Muzik!

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 11:10 AM
yeah - good point - where is this recipe? why cant she find it again

what if the cake was made in one of those kiddie tasty bake ovens - the kind "cooked" with light bulbs

Mississippi Sooner
7/5/2011, 11:11 AM
So many of these lists suffer from a "time bias". I think we'd be better off with a list of horrid songs by decade. How else, for instance, can you explain the omission of Jigsaw's Greatest Hit, "Sky High". That's a groaner. Where is "Billy, Don't Be a Hero"? How can you leave off "You Light Up My Life"?

Pat Boone did a bunch of remakes of metal songs. Hilarious (intentionally). And horrible. Paul Anka (I think) remade Van Halen's "Jump" to great humor. But it suxxors, too.

New York, London, Paris, Munich
Everybody talk about mmmmm Pop Muzik!

That one could easily make a list of the all time sappiest songs. At the top of that list, in my opinion, would be "Seasons In The Sun." That song makes me want to murder small animals.

soonerchk
7/5/2011, 11:14 AM
yeah - good point - where is this recipe? why cant she find it again

what if the cake was made in one of those kiddie tasty bake ovens - the kind "cooked" with light bulbs

Hey, I had one of those, and not only were my cakes awesome, I was smart enough to eat them instead of leaving them out in the rain.

That one could easily make a list of the all time sappiest songs. At the top of that list, in my opinion, would be "Seasons In The Sun." That song makes me want to murder small animals.

Season's in the Sun is pretty bad, but Wildfire and Having my Baby make me want to set fire to the stereo. MacArthur Park makes me want to set fire to the singer.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 11:17 AM
Wildfire? who names a horse Wildfire?

Season's in the Sun is pretty bad....the most depressing song I've ever heard is Alone Again by Gilbert O'Sullivan

soonerloyal
7/5/2011, 11:24 AM
Hey, I had one of those, and not only were my cakes awesome, I was smart enough to eat them instead of leaving them out in the rain.

Okay, all these damn posts about that ****in' wet cake just cements the ****in' song in my brain. You're all mean and hateful and negspekked in spirit. Bite my shiny metal azz.

:D

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 11:25 AM

you actually ate those?

soonerchk
7/5/2011, 11:27 AM
Okay, all these damn posts about that ****in' wet cake just cements the ****in' song in my brain. You're all mean and hateful and negspekked in spirit. Bite my shiny metal azz.

:D

If it's going to be stuck in my head, then EVERYONE is going to suffer with me!

crawfish
7/5/2011, 11:33 AM
Jm-i35k4vX8

I think you mean "best".

The list does not have "Thubthumping" on it, therefore it is invalid.

Oldnslo
7/5/2011, 11:34 AM
You! Light up my life!
You give me hope
to carry on!
You light up my days,
and fill my nights
with song!
It can't be wrong, when it feels so right.
You.
You light up my liiiiiiiiiife!

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2011, 11:38 AM
V8wrIgbiCgs

Mississippi Sooner
7/5/2011, 11:39 AM
You-uuu
You got what I nee-eed
And you say he's just a friend
You say he's just a friend

soonerchk
7/5/2011, 11:42 AM
You-uuu
You got what I nee-eed
And you say he's just a friend
You say he's just a friend

OMG, we have maybe the one song that could knock MacArthur Park off my worst song ever list! Sirius 90s station is playing the crap out of that song and I just want to jump out of the moving car every time I hear it!

Flagstaffsooner
7/5/2011, 12:26 PM
What, no Mrs Miller here?;)

TQlI2gxvF-g

rekamrettuB
7/5/2011, 03:12 PM
20. Final Countdown, Europe

This guy disagrees.

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens1519894_1302748765gob_bluth.jpg

soonerloyal
7/5/2011, 03:40 PM
Without a doubt, this must be at least in the top 3.

MAIA.

2zpUyuHh2sU

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/5/2011, 04:17 PM
http://youtu.be/EwTZ2xpQwpA

sorry, i don't know how to post videos.

silverwheels
7/5/2011, 04:19 PM
**i move away from the mic to breathe in

WichitaSooner
7/5/2011, 04:21 PM
Let's see... Top 20 worst songs ever....

Anything by Nirvana...
Anything by Weezer...
And that Peaches song that needs to throw up on itself and die...

yermom
7/5/2011, 04:21 PM
**i move away from the mic to breathe in

Tay Zonday is a pimp

silverwheels
7/5/2011, 04:22 PM
Come on now, the Blue Album is a classic.

yermom
7/5/2011, 04:23 PM
Let's see... Top 20 worst songs ever....

Anything by Nirvana...
Anything by Weezer...
And that Peaches song that needs to throw up on itself and die...

you deserve to die from gonnoeria for putting Peaches in the same post with Nirvana and Weezer

:dolemite:

soonerboomer93
7/5/2011, 04:42 PM

this.

dead to me

(yeah, can't touch this was awesome though)

soonerboomer93
7/5/2011, 04:50 PM
I'm about to go all postal up in here...

soonerboomer93
7/5/2011, 04:52 PM
If it's going to be stuck in my head, then EVERYONE is going to suffer with me!

never heard that song until I just youtubed it

not stuck in my head (but I only lasted a minute)

mgsooner
7/5/2011, 04:57 PM
Limp Bizkit's entire catalogue.

/end thread

Scott D
7/5/2011, 06:25 PM
dead to me

(yeah, can't touch this was awesome though)

aww....that's been a bit with yermom for what? 7 years now lol.

Besides, it's known that I hate Nirvana and think that Mother Love Bone was underrated. ;)

yermom
7/5/2011, 06:33 PM
:mad:

Mother Love Bone/Pearl Jam aren't really that similar to Nirvana anyway

Jacie
7/5/2011, 07:39 PM
In the year 2525 . . . I'm kinda hoping no man will ever be alive to hear this turkey again.

Whiter Shade of Pale Sux

Most country (don't get mad, I didn't say ALL of it . . . just most of it)

And all of Boy George Michael (gratuitous use of before-and-after as per Jeopardy and/or Wheel of Fortune)

goingoneight
7/5/2011, 07:45 PM
Well, first off... rap and pop aren't music; therefore cannot be true songs. Just senseless noise. So we're knocking out a lot of "can't touch this" nominations.

silverwheels
7/5/2011, 07:49 PM
Plenty of senseless noise has come from the rock world, too.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/5/2011, 08:58 PM
Your looks intoxicate me/ Even though your folks hate me/ There's no-one like you, Elenore, really"; and "Gee, I think you're swell/ And you really do me well/ You're my pride and joy, et cetera.."

7ZofFpizK04

and yeah, I'm a huge Beatles fan but Yellow Submarine is terrible. It's as monotonous as Bruce's Born in the USA. To the second power if Mrs Miller is singing it.

Mississippi Sooner
7/6/2011, 08:33 AM
I heard this whiny pile of pablum while waiting for my prescriptions at Walgreens a few weeks ago. I guess I had managed to block it from my childhood memories. Now I think I hate Walgreens.

3T8-wtEISCo

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/6/2011, 12:23 PM
I heard this whiny pile of pablum while waiting for my prescriptions at Walgreens a few weeks ago. I guess I had managed to block it from my childhood memories. Now I think I hate Walgreens.
This gets my vote. At least from the songs here that I even care to check out. That is truly a whiny pile of pablum. I remember hearing it prolly when it came out, and thinking...why?

TitoMorelli
7/6/2011, 03:55 PM
TGLAH3Ojf20

6jaWPQ3Z7FE

JohnnyMack
7/6/2011, 04:36 PM
Don't be hatin' on Short Circuit.

Nope Bao
7/6/2011, 07:16 PM
Queen- you my best friend

even too gay for me

uncle mo
7/7/2011, 08:48 AM
OMG, we have maybe the one song that could knock MacArthur Park off my worst song ever list! Sirius 90s station is playing the crap out of that song and I just want to jump out of the moving car every time I hear it!

ThreeG, please add these songs to the tailgate mix. TIA.

sooneron
7/7/2011, 09:42 AM
Anything by BEPs is good for me in the top ten worst.
Can't Touch This shouldn't be on the list.
Vanilla Ice was not the first white rapper, he was the first to hit platinum. Everlast was doing it before him and better AND after, as well.
I can understand the hate for MacArthur Park, but it doesn't crack my top 10.
Nickelback sucks, it's a fact, get over it and move on, they suck.
Nirvana is overrated and I am someone that really likes them, but getting all hot bothered over someone ragging on them is silly. They didn't invent or even reinvent Rock. Hell, they even admit they stole a bunch of **** - (looking at you Pixies)...

GDC
7/7/2011, 09:54 AM
Speaking of the Pixies, they are coming to the Brady Theater Sep. 18.

sooneron
7/7/2011, 10:26 AM
Speaking of the Pixies, they are coming to the Brady Theater Sep. 18.

NICE! They're playing in Asbury Park up here...