PDA

View Full Version : So What Would You Do During the Evening

lexsooner
7/3/2011, 07:17 PM
if there was no Ice Road Trucker, Pawn Stars, Deadliest Catch, on television? I need my Pawn Stars fix on a regular basis. Antique Roadshow is entertaining, but their stuff is a bit too foo foo. More valuable perhaps, but not as interesting.

BudSooner
7/3/2011, 07:19 PM
Top Gear on BBC America, next is the Bolivia special, i'm waiting to see if any former posters from here show up on it. ;)

lexsooner
7/3/2011, 07:22 PM
Top Gear on BBC America, next is the Bolivia special, i'm waiting to see if any former posters from here show up on it. ;)

Is that the car show with those Brits who constantly make fun of big, fat Americans and American cars? If they put down NASCAR, I will have to watch it.

soonercruiser
7/3/2011, 07:47 PM
History Channel; NatGeo too!

BudSooner
7/3/2011, 07:50 PM
Is that the car show with those Brits who constantly make fun of big, fat Americans and American cars? If they put down NASCAR, I will have to watch it.Yes, yes it is.
Some say they make fun of us a bit much, all I know is it has The Stig!

BudSooner
7/3/2011, 07:53 PM
Speaking of, you should watch the episode where they drive from Florida to New Orleans or, the USA Supercar episode....either one is damn funny.

Once across the Bama state line, they were given a challenge...be shot at.
So, they took turns painting each others cars(bought on a budget of $1500 in Miami)with such phrases as "I'm Bi" or "Hillary for president" or "Nascar sucks" well....they stopped at a gas station in I think it was Mobile...just look. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8St7jj1iFw&feature=related

tommieharris91
7/3/2011, 07:55 PM
Jerk my chicken.

sooner59
7/3/2011, 08:04 PM
History Channel, NatGeo, Science Channel, Comedy Central, HGTV, Travel Channel, Food Network sometimes. I am also a fan of just reading, drinking booze, and sitting on my balcony and pizzing people off on SF.

Blue
7/3/2011, 08:42 PM
History Channel, NatGeo, Science Channel, Comedy Central, HGTV, Travel Channel, Food Network sometimes. I am also a fan of just reading, drinking booze, and sitting on my balcony and pizzing people off on SF.

We could be twins. ;)

olevetonahill
7/3/2011, 09:49 PM
Dick around on message boards or just read;)
TeeVee is over rated.:P

nighttrain12
7/3/2011, 10:03 PM

This!

Chuck Bao
7/3/2011, 10:14 PM
I love that Universe show on whatever channel that is.

On Tuesday nights, I have to watch Supernatural on that AXN Beyond channel and we are only in about the 5th epi of the 6th season.

One of those movie channels is carrying the Spartacus - Gods of the Arena (or second season). That is on Friday nights. I wasn't so impressed with the first epi, but they still have offer quite a lot of beef steak.

Whet
7/3/2011, 10:24 PM
Read.

picasso
7/3/2011, 11:19 PM
Antique Roadshow is entertaining, but their stuff is a bit too foo foo. More valuable perhaps, but not as interesting.

I've got tickets to be on there in a few weeks.

silverwheels
7/3/2011, 11:41 PM
if there was no Ice Road Trucker, Pawn Stars, Deadliest Catch, on television? I need my Pawn Stars fix on a regular basis. Antique Roadshow is entertaining, but their stuff is a bit too foo foo. More valuable perhaps, but not as interesting.

Those shows are exactly why I don't watch the History Channel that often anymore. I did enjoy the "How the States Got Their Shapes" marathon yesterday, though.

Blue
7/3/2011, 11:43 PM
Those shows are exactly why I don't watch the History Channel that often anymore. I did enjoy the "How the States Got Their Shapes" marathon yesterday, though.

You're waiting for "Armageddon week", huh? :D

silverwheels
7/3/2011, 11:57 PM
I'm just waiting for "Let's Show Some Actual History Week" and save those other shows for another channel.

And I get that there's history in the items on Pawn Stars, but I still don't find it interesting.

SoonerofAlabama
7/4/2011, 12:16 AM
I really enjoy watching How The States Got Their Shapes. I don't watch Pawn Stars, not interesting to me and I really like the subject History. I occasionally watch American Pickers. I didn't like the 101 Gadgets That Changed The World. It wasn't worth the time, and I expected it to be better.

SoCaliSooner
7/4/2011, 12:24 AM
I go outside, go to the beach, or hang with the family. Most of reality is better than what's on tv..,,

silverwheels
7/4/2011, 12:35 AM
Well I'm 25 and single in Oklahoma, so if I'm not at work, I'm watching TV, playing videogames, or getting hammered somewhere and trying to get laid (mostly unsuccessfully). Reality for me is not that awesome right now.

MsProudSooner2
7/4/2011, 09:23 AM
Netflix, BBC America, HGTV, History Mysteries, Animal Planet, Diner's Drive-ins and Dives. Travel Channel.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/4/2011, 09:28 AM
I enjoy an occasional Pawn Stars.

MelloYello
7/4/2011, 09:42 AM
Go to Blackbird or Blu or the Mont or the Abner and chase skirt.

soonercruiser
7/4/2011, 02:03 PM

And....it is frequently misaspelked.
:D

booomer
7/4/2011, 06:32 PM

My husband is a big fan of all those shows too. I have started to get interested in Pawn Stars and Ice Truckers, but so far I don't care much for the Deadliest Catch. He also likes American Pickers.....it's okay, but I find Pawn Stars more entertaining.

Sometimes my husband watches a show called Bully Beatdown on MTV. Have you seen that one? It's mildly entertaining, but a bit sophomoric too.

lexsooner
7/4/2011, 06:54 PM
My husband is a big fan of all those shows too. I have started to get interested in Pawn Stars and Ice Truckers, but so far I don't care much for the Deadliest Catch. He also likes American Pickers.....it's okay, but I find Pawn Stars more entertaining.

Sometimes my husband watches a show called Bully Beatdown on MTV. Have you seen that one? It's mildly entertaining, but a bit sophomoric too.

Bully Beatdown? No, actually I have not seen it. What is it about? I try to avoid MTV reality shows. Is it real, or is it fake like that phony car repo show?

SoonerofAlabama
7/4/2011, 06:54 PM

I know this wasn't drected towards me, but I have watched that show. Kind of like pawn stars to me. I watch it on ocassion but I am not disappointed if I miss it.

delhalew
7/4/2011, 07:17 PM
I don't get into Bully Beatdown, but the host, Mayhem Miller, is the real deal. Look for him to fight Bisbing in the upcoming season of Ultimate Fighter.

For years, it was hard to get good pay in the UFC, so Miller went gun for hire in Japan, and fought in Strikeforce.

His Jujitsu is some of the best around...he is little bit nutty, he got DQed in a title fight for kicking some dude in the head. It's been too long for me to remember who.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/4/2011, 07:19 PM
I go outside, go to the beach, or hang with the family. Most of reality is better than what's on tv..,,except for Breaking Bad, and OU football, you are correct.(nothing realer than Sooner Magic)

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 07:44 PM
I like "Dual Survival" and wonder when Dave is going to hang Cody upside down from a Tree, disembowel him, drink his blood and cook him over a nice open fire....

http://2media.nowpublic.net/images//ee/49/ee4980ae290a9d4da465067f72493654.jpg

booomer
7/4/2011, 09:02 PM
Bully Beatdown? No, actually I have not seen it. What is it about? I try to avoid MTV reality shows. Is it real, or is it fake like that phony car repo show?

You can suggest "bullies" to the shows advertisers and they'll invite them to come onto the show and they have to survive so many rounds with a martial arts expert. I don't know if it's real or not, but those that manage to survive the rounds often throw-up in the ring after it's over. lol

It's definitely a man's show.....my husband does on occasion enjoy watching it, but it's not a priority like Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

booomer
7/4/2011, 09:23 PM
Here's a video excerpt of Bully Beatdown:

Wg35EOJOKMQ

delhalew
7/4/2011, 09:39 PM
The getting your *** handed to you by a fighter is real, but they crank up the **** talking...cus in reality, you don't want to **** these guys off. They are pros, so they know how to patch you up, and make you look like a fool, without doing much permanent damage.

Look for the episode of Ellismania on FUELTV, where retired skateboarder and novice fighter, Jason Ellis tries to survive a bully beatdown from his buddy Mayhem.

I can't watch Mtv or reality shows, but Mayhem is awesome. Years ago his first UFC fight was against GAP, and he got his *** handed to him, but these days, he's as good as anybody...except the Spider, who looks invincible.