PDA

View Full Version : OUr 2001 National Championship game posted on YOUTUBE from pregame to awards!

agoo758
7/2/2011, 11:26 PM
Start here and you will find the rest by the suggestions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2vTCSVMRb8

Thank you ZeppNick!

OUstud
7/3/2011, 02:49 AM
Terry Bowden doing the pregame, trying not to mention his dad. Hah.

sendbaht
7/3/2011, 07:56 AM
Been a while since I have seen this game. I like what I have seen so far.:))Night time here in Asia will watch more tomorrow.

SoonerofAlabama
7/3/2011, 12:18 PM
I started with the pre-game at 11:30 P.M. or so and I finally finished at almost 3:00 A.M. Once I started watching, I couldn't stop. It was still worth it. What a game. To stop one of the top offenses in the nation from scoring a point. And watching that game, you could almost tell one of those snaps were going to go over the punter's head. He had to adjust several times to get the ball. Still a very smart play to get the safety there and nothing else. Thanks for the post agoo758, aka agoo7581 on youtube :D. It may have taken a while, but again that was definitely worth it.

SoonerofAlabama
7/3/2011, 12:22 PM
Oh and the smack talk before the game by Torrance Marshall was awesome. Hard to hear, but still very cool. He talked trash and then backed it up on the field and won the MVP trophy.

"You got my boys trophy, he wants it back"

"It wasn't his"

"Yeah, it was"

"We gonna find out tonight"

"Damn right"

BlackwellSooner
7/3/2011, 12:28 PM
Just got through watching it again (streamed it to my big TV). It'd been awhile since I saw it last.

It certainly was not one of our best games offensively, but definitely one of our better Defensive games, although there were at least 2 or 3 shoulda been INTs.

Looking at it from the Florida State perspective, I am forced to agree with Bowden in his post-game comments: Not a good game offensively at all, they dropped a LOT of catchable balls, balls that if they had caught them, would likely have kept alive drives and resulted in points. They missed Snoop Minnis, much like we missed DeMarco in the Florida game a couple of years ago.

Pretty or ugly, a W is a W, and a NC is a NC!

Looking for #8 this year!!!

agoo758
7/3/2011, 01:01 PM
Ferguson is the player of the game IMO.

AlboSooner
7/3/2011, 01:15 PM
the 2000 sooner team had a bunch of tough guys. we need a few more of them now. nobody wanted to mess with Marshall.

OKC-SLC
7/3/2011, 02:51 PM
Man, that never gets old. I stop what I'm doing just about every chance I get to watch that.

As important as that game felt to us as fans, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to those guys who had been here for 1997 and 1998 before Stoops came in. To go from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs with some of those guys must have been something else. You can imagine Patrick Fletcher and JT Thatcher thinking that when they're hugging late in the 4th quarter video.

I don't think we'll ever see an OU team like that again. I'm not sure they would have lost to any team on the planet that night.

OU-HSV
7/3/2011, 03:01 PM
the 2000 sooner team had a bunch of tough guys. we need a few more of them now. nobody wanted to mess with Marshall.

Yeah he was a beast. I'm sure Chris Weinke pissed himself at least little bit during TM's trash talk during the coin toss

WE ARE dirtburglars
7/3/2011, 03:43 PM
Just before the coin toss.

PR Guy: "Now the captains of the UNDEFEATED OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

Torrance Marshall: (Staring the FSU captains down) "That hurts, that hurts!"

Man I love guys like that, Travis Lewis is a lot like him. He loves to talk, but always backs it up too.

zeke
7/3/2011, 04:19 PM
good times good times

Partial Qualifier
7/3/2011, 06:07 PM
How did Ontei Jones not get the defensive MVP? No shot at T-Marsh, but Ontei defined "playing like your hair's on fire" that night

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 06:18 PM
when i think of Chris Wienke, i think of General Patton.

gimme a break. same age maybe, when they both beat Rommel.

Partial Qualifier
7/3/2011, 06:18 PM
I can watch Ontei's block on FSU #60 during Marshall's int run 10 times in a row... OMGLULZ

at 13:58 mark of the 1st quarter video

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 06:24 PM
nice frosted mullet Toby

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 06:27 PM
ya know, with no disrespect to any other Sooner teams, that 2000 team has like 70% kids from Oklahoma.

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 06:30 PM
"i think i'll keep that between me and the Good Lord".

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 06:38 PM
ok, so i didn't just hear the phrase: "the grunts of Mangino".

SoonerofAlabama
7/3/2011, 06:43 PM
:D I love Bob Stoops, but every time I see him try to pick up the big stand, instead of the crystal ball, I chuckle. I know it was a fairly new award at the time, but it was funny. And at the time, he was also akward with the camera on him. He didn't know what he was doing up there, but it is safe to say that Oklahoma is back.

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 06:51 PM
I can watch Ontei's block on FSU #60 during Marshall's int run 10 times in a row... OMGLULZ

he knocks #60 right on his ***.

SoonerofAlabama
7/3/2011, 07:15 PM
Why did Denzel Washington do the coin toss?

SoonerDood
7/3/2011, 07:15 PM
when i think of Chris Wienke, i think of General Patton.

gimme a break. same age maybe, when they both beat Rommel.

The F$U bias that whole month was disgusting. Hearing things like "F$U is the greatest team in history." They already had a loss! "Oklahoma can't match the tradition of F$U." I guess College Football didn't exist before 1987.
They compared Weinke to General Patton, and Heupel to the sandlot kid. And remember what happened in The Sandlot? Benny the Jet and his friends beat the crap out of those Little Leaguers.
And that was the end of F$U.

SoonerDood
7/3/2011, 07:16 PM

why not?

silverwheels
7/3/2011, 07:18 PM

Remember the Titans.

And he's Denzel Washington.

SoonerofAlabama
7/3/2011, 07:19 PM
The Coint Toss:

-WLLHunussE&feature=related

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 07:28 PM
throw and play Heupel makes at 5:45 in the 3rd is just amazing. 3rd and long throws across his body to Fagan.

beautiful.

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 07:31 PM
and we ought to score on the next play.

we should be burying these guys.

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 07:39 PM
the snoop minnis love affair is gross....

if Snoop minnis...blah blah blah...

soonerchk
7/3/2011, 07:40 PM
Ferguson is the player of the game IMO.

I forgot Blake's brother played for OU. Wonder whatever happened to him?

BlackwellSooner
7/3/2011, 07:44 PM

I think that he is a banker in Tulsa. Still hangs out on some message boards.

soonerchk
7/3/2011, 07:46 PM
Hope he holds on to other people's money better than he held on to that football. ;)

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 07:52 PM
jack arute calls us oklahoma state to start the 4th. really? moron.

SoonerDood
7/3/2011, 08:42 PM
the snoop minnis love affair is gross....

if Snoop minnis...blah blah blah...

what a horrible WR corps they had without him: Anquan Boldin, Javon Walker, Robert Morgan. All spent more time in the League than Snoop.

Wishboned
7/3/2011, 08:45 PM
I wish there was more of the postgame. At one point Corso is surrounded by OU players and Marshall tells him something like they wanted to win just to prove him wrong.

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 09:00 PM
what a horrible WR corps they had without him: Anquan Boldin, Javon Walker, Robert Morgan. All spent more time in the League than Snoop.

no kidding.

King Crimson
7/3/2011, 09:03 PM
FSU kinda ****s it up. they punt late in the 4th and lose that possession with our bad snap. it's a two score game.

they haven't lost when they punt.

why don't we go for two after Quentin scores?

agoo758
7/3/2011, 09:37 PM

Wish I knew. He was good enough to punt in the NFL. He was the difference between an undefeated season and maybe two losses in my opinion.

agoo758
7/3/2011, 09:38 PM
why don't we go for two after Quentin scores?

I thought that for a while as well. I believe the thinking was that there was still 8 minutes left in the game, and there was no need to for two at that point.

Salt City Sooner
7/3/2011, 09:51 PM
I didn't care for how much they mentioned him either, but there's no debating that Minnis not playing left a gaping hole in their offense. He was absolutely hands down the #1 receiver on that team by a huge margin.

StoopTroup
7/4/2011, 12:28 AM

I think you should head over to the weight room and start outing all the pussies there that don't belong. Let me know when you go cause I want to make a list of them and track how they do under your direction.

agoo758
7/4/2011, 12:42 AM
I think you should head over to the weight room and start outing all the pussies there that don't belong. Let me know when you go cause I want to make a list of them and track how they do under your direction.

Uh oh. StoopTroup has finally returned!:D

King Crimson
7/4/2011, 08:06 AM
I didn't care for how much they mentioned him either, but there's no debating that Minnis not playing left a gaping hole in their offense. He was absolutely hands down the #1 receiver on that team by a huge margin.

Salt, i've been reading your posts for years. but, we play Florida without Demarco Murray who catching the ball on the swing pass is keeping UF's db's honest. same deal. no love or half-time for losing in the championship game. you dance with what you brung.

for some reason, the world thinks OU got dominated by LSU in 2003. we have the ball inside their 20 down by a score. Kejuan Jones is unstoppable. they don't score an offensive point in the 2nd half.

Partial Qualifier
7/4/2011, 08:16 AM

Do you intentionally misinterpret stuff simply to troll people, or are you really this obtuse?

King Crimson
7/4/2011, 08:48 AM
The F$U bias that whole month was disgusting. Hearing things like "F$U is the greatest team in history." They already had a loss! "Oklahoma can't match the tradition of F$U." I guess College Football didn't exist before 1987.

when the world is defined by ESPN, College Football didn't exist before the early 90's. they pimp what they've shown.

it's like Barry Switzer 12-5 against Dr. Tom and 2-0 against Bowden never happened. Beat Paterno. owned Darrel Royal.

picasso
7/4/2011, 11:19 AM
Oh and the smack talk before the game by Torrance Marshall was awesome. Hard to hear, but still very cool. He talked trash and then backed it up on the field and won the MVP trophy.

"You got my boys trophy, he wants it back"

"It wasn't his"

"Yeah, it was"

"We gonna find out tonight"

"Damn right"

It started in the CCG in Kansas City. When the teams came out before kickoff Torrance waited by the ramp and jawed Josh Scobey all the way to the KSU sideline.

Dude was in the zone.

picasso
7/4/2011, 11:23 AM

He might go to the house if D Straight doesn't knock him down.

Salt City Sooner
7/4/2011, 11:47 AM
Salt, i've been reading your posts for years. but, we play Florida without Demarco Murray who catching the ball on the swing pass is keeping UF's db's honest. same deal. no love or half-time for losing in the championship game. you dance with what you brung.

for some reason, the world thinks OU got dominated by LSU in 2003. we have the ball inside their 20 down by a score. Kejuan Jones is unstoppable. they don't score an offensive point in the 2nd half.
I never said that wasn't the case. In fact, since Minnis DNP due to academics, I have less sympathy towards that situation than I do Murray, who was injured. I was just pointing out the fact that he was their best WR by a huge margin. Check out the numbers from that year:

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/061001aaa.html#_

Yes, they had Boldin, & yes, they had Walker, but at that point, neither had developed into what they would later become in the NFL. To make that arguement would be saying that Priest Holmes was just as good at Texas as he was in KC & nobody's going to win that one.

The #1 thing that I hear among OU fans virtually every time that Minnis' name is brought up is that he'd have made no difference that night. That may or may not be true. We'll never know because he didn't play. The thing that I find funny among our fanbase is that not having Minnis' (Weinke's security blanket) wouldn't have made any difference that night, while Paul Thompson not having Malcolm Kelly (how many times did he bail out PT w/ circus catches that year?) vs. Boise State did make a difference, which again, is total speculation, this time with a major crimson tint.

SoonerFan303
7/4/2011, 12:27 PM
Why do we care if it mattered anyways? Florida got Percy Harvin back and we lost Demarco Murry. I don't see Florida handing over that National Title trophy.

Who cares, We are the 2000 National Champs and FSU can cry all they way...it is never changing. Sour grapes

I never said that wasn't the case. In fact, since Minnis DNP due to academics, I have less sympathy towards that situation than I do Murray, who was injured. I was just pointing out the fact that he was their best WR by a huge margin. Check out the numbers from that year:

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/061001aaa.html#_

Yes, they had Boldin, & yes, they had Walker, but at that point, neither had developed into what they would later become in the NFL. To make that arguement would be saying that Priest Holmes was just as good at Texas as he was in KC & nobody's going to win that one.

The #1 thing that I hear among OU fans virtually every time that Minnis' name is brought up is that he'd have made no difference that night. That may or may not be true. We'll never know because he didn't play. The thing that I find funny among our fanbase is that not having Minnis' (Weinke's security blanket) wouldn't have made any difference that night, while Paul Thompson not having Malcolm Kelly (how many times did he bail out PT w/ circus catches that year?) vs. Boise State did make a difference, which again, is total speculation, this time with a major crimson tint.

AlboSooner
7/4/2011, 02:09 PM
who from that 2000 team would be able to start in 2011 sooner team?

King Crimson
7/4/2011, 02:15 PM
who from that 2000 team would be able to start in 2011 sooner team?

i'll take Heupel, Marshall, Calmus, Roy Williams, Jimmy Wilkerson, Derrick Strait, JT Thatcher, Antoine Savage, couple guys named Bubba and you can pick the 11 team.

Trent Smith
Ontei Jones
Seth Littrell

agoo758
7/4/2011, 03:26 PM
i'll take Heupel, Marshall, Calmus, Roy Williams, Jimmy Wilkerson, Derrick Strait, JT Thatcher, Antoine Savage, couple guys named Bubba and you can pick the 11 team.

Trent Smith
Ontei Jones
Seth Littrell

Jeff Furgeson, Tim Duncan, and Quentin Griffin.