PDA

View Full Version : TCU Football Radio Commercial

FtwTxSooner
7/2/2011, 04:26 PM
I overheard a radio advertisement for TCU 2011 season tickets. Their sales pitch was buy 2011 tickets so you can guarantee your spot to see TCU open up the 2012 season against the Oklahoma Sooners in the newly renovated Amon Carter Stadium. Just find this kind of interesting that a school would promote a future matchup like that.

FroggyStyle22
7/2/2011, 04:29 PM
I overheard a radio advertisement for TCU 2011 season tickets. Their sales pitch was buy 2011 tickets so you can guarantee your spot to see TCU open up the 2012 season against the Oklahoma Sooners in the newly renovated Amon Carter Stadium. Just find this kind of interesting that a school would promote a future matchup like that.

Have you seen our home schedule this year?

soonervegas
7/2/2011, 04:37 PM
At TCU and Notre Dame in Norman (2012) is a pretty stout non-conference schedule.

Flagstaffsooner
7/2/2011, 05:47 PM
We do well against the horny frogs in Ft Worthless. We suck in Norman. Me wants to beat nd bad.

SoonerofAlabama
7/2/2011, 06:12 PM
We do well against the horny frogs in Ft Worthless. We suck in Norman. Me wants to beat nd bad.

Me too. I don't care how badly ND sucks. I want to beat the tar out of them and I wish we played them more often. I hate how they are always highly thought of even though they suck. And I know Patterson is great coach, but I see TCU going downhill for a little while.

MojoRisen
7/2/2011, 06:27 PM
I see nd improving under kelley

SoonerofAlabama
7/2/2011, 06:37 PM
I think Kelly is overhyped. A lot of people see his record and see 179–62–2, and think "Wow, what a record he must be a great coach." But if you look a little deeper, you will see he coached at Grand Valley State for 13 seasons and won 118 games there. Then he went Central Michigan and his record was 19-16. Then he went to Cincinatti and all of a sudden he was a great coach. I just don't buy him as being a great coach. ND will still be bad under him, probably above average for what they have been doing though.

TheLadiesMike
7/2/2011, 08:19 PM
I think ND is going to win 10 games this year. My guess is they finish ranked around 12 to 16.

agoo758
7/2/2011, 08:59 PM
I think Kelly is overhyped. A lot of people see his record and see 179–62–2, and think "Wow, what a record he must be a great coach." But if you look a little deeper, you will see he coached at Grand Valley State for 13 seasons and won 118 games there. Then he went Central Michigan and his record was 19-16. Then he went to Cincinatti and all of a sudden he was a great coach. I just don't buy him as being a great coach. ND will still be bad under him, probably above average for what they have been doing though.

Winning is winning, no matter where you win. Guy know's what he's doing, but let us not forget that Dan Hawkins and Rich Rodriguez were sucessfull at two schools a piece only to disappoint when they got to the big stage

prrriiide
7/3/2011, 12:38 AM
I bet we don't even play the domers. The pansies will pay off like they do every time it's time to come to Norman.

Salt City Sooner
7/3/2011, 01:42 AM
I bet we don't even play the domers. The pansies will pay off like they do every time it's time to come to Norman.
Don't know if you're referring to the '99 game or not, but if so, that was a one game set all the way w/ a verbal agreement for a future home/home. We were in the red at the time & needed the dough (OU got $1 million for the trip).