PDA

View Full Version : PAC-12 CG Will Be On Campus

sooner59
7/1/2011, 02:40 PM
Larry Scott, Pac 12 commish, just said on CFL that there is no obvious central location for a conference CG, so teams will compete to host the event. Interesting.

silverwheels
7/1/2011, 02:44 PM
I think they decided that a while back, but it is interesting. If L.A. or the Bay Area had a nice stadium, that would make the most sense. Phoenix and Seattle have nice stadiums, though. Denver would be too cold for most people.

LakeRat
7/1/2011, 02:44 PM
I like it. The team with the best record with the highest BCS ranking should get tie breaker.

Better chance of them getting into the NC game.

sooner59
7/1/2011, 03:23 PM
I like it. The team with the best record with the highest BCS ranking should get tie breaker.

45-35!
-*:texan: *

:D

stoopified
7/1/2011, 03:29 PM
I wish the Big 12 had done that back in the day.Ou would have hosted all 8 of the CCGS we played in.

Partial Qualifier
7/1/2011, 03:37 PM

I like it too, same reasons. Plus - reward the best team and it's fanbase

badger
7/1/2011, 03:38 PM
At least until the new conference is more established, this is a good way to ensure a sellout crowd.

If the Big 12 had done this, more of the Big 12 games would have been sellouts, even if we weren't the host of all of the games we participated in.

It would be good if they could order a larger ticket allotment for visitors (or alternative accommodations, such as temporary seating for bands or additional opposing fans). This might tick some season ticket holders off, so perhaps that would have to be written into the season ticket holder agreements that the conference championship game is not included in their ticket package.

rekamrettuB
7/1/2011, 04:17 PM
I wish the Big 12 had done that back in the day.Ou would have hosted all 8 of the CCGS we played in.

All but 1...Mizzu was #1 in 2008.

silverwheels
7/1/2011, 04:34 PM
You mean 2007.

sooner59
7/1/2011, 04:47 PM
Mizzou must just hate us for that. We cost them a shot in the NCG. Not only that, but it was the 2nd time that we beat them that year.

Peach Fuzz
7/1/2011, 04:55 PM
I think they decided that a while back, but it is interesting. If L.A. or the Bay Area had a nice stadium, that would make the most sense. Phoenix and Seattle have nice stadiums, though. Denver would be too cold for most people.

sad but true. Gone are the days where men played in the tough, cold, environments, when it wasn't a glam fest and just a bad-a game. But if they do do it this way, might have to see some beach boys have to play in a MEN ONLY atmosphere.
But, what do I know?

goingoneight
7/1/2011, 11:48 PM
Meh... woulda been nice to have gotten KSU in Norman back in 2003. :mad:

rekamrettuB
7/2/2011, 12:40 PM
You mean 2007.

Yep...

IndySooner
7/3/2011, 10:21 AM
Isn't one of the major arguments against a playoff we hear on this board that one week isn't enough time to prepare for a game? How would a conference championship game be any different.

That's right, it wouldn't. Just another example of the bs that is spewed by the anti-playoff crowd.